PDA

View Full Version : Yale football in California in 2013

bulldog10jw
September 16th, 2011, 09:59 PM
From this weeks Yale football notes

CALIFORNIA HERE WE COME
Yale, which last played in the Golden State in 2005 at the University of San Diego, has another trip to California planned. On Oct. 5, 2013, the Bulldogs will play against Cal Poly Tech at San Luis Obispo. The only two games the Blue has played on the West Coast were against USD.

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/releases/20110913b03jsy

bojeta
September 16th, 2011, 11:41 PM
This is exciting news! I will be there!! I believe we play Colorado State that year as well for an OOC game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/Poly-vs-Yale-2013.jpg

GoAgs72
September 17th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Never heard it call Cal Poly Tech but maybe it's like Cal Davis (which is not correct either for UC Davis). It's either Cal Poly or California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. By the way there is another Cal Poly at Pomona. Should be a fun trip.

bojeta
September 17th, 2011, 12:15 AM
Never heard it call Cal Poly Tech but maybe it's like Cal Davis (which is not correct either for UC Davis). It's either Cal Poly or California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. By the way there is another Cal Poly at Pomona. Should be a fun trip.

Yep. I figured for an East Coast team that's only been to California twice in over 100 years, Cal Poly Tech was OK lol... They will know Cal Poly in 2013!!

bonarae
September 17th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Good news! At least one of the Ivy League teams will finally be playing a Big Sky team! Let's hope that Cal Poly will not humiliate us... xprayx

Twentysix
September 17th, 2011, 03:17 AM
This is exciting news! I will be there!! I believe we play Colorado State that year as well for an OOC game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/College%20Sports/Poly-vs-Yale-2013.jpg

We will soften CSU up for you a year before hand CPSLO. Just like we softened up KU for Mcneese...

Seawolf97
September 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Nice bit of scheduling !

JMUNJ08
September 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Its not a Patriot or NEC team OOC for the Ivies! Great Job!

coover
September 17th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Havings degrees from both Cal Poly and Yale, I have to be true to my roots ... Go Mustangs!

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Yep, who said that the Ivy League does not try to schedule anybody... really?

This game will be after Lafayette hosts Yale on September 28, 2013... also a good measuring stick for the Leopards.

Yale is one of the more adventurous scheduling teams... they penciled in Army.

Ivytalk
September 18th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Harvard has a home-and-home with San Diego coming up, and I see that Georgetown is also on a future schedule.

bonarae
September 18th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Harvard has a home-and-home with San Diego coming up, and I see that Georgetown is also on a future schedule.

However, I wish to see teams such as Cal Poly on the future schedules of the Ivy teams. U. San Diego and Georgetown are nowhere near Cal Poly's level.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2011, 05:43 PM
However, I wish to see teams such as Cal Poly on the future schedules of the Ivy teams. U. San Diego and Georgetown are nowhere near Cal Poly's level.

I would welcome harvard into the fargodome. xnodx