PDA

View Full Version : How many AGS poster actually go to the games?

heath
September 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
It is so obvious on some posters comments(make NO sense if you were there) that not everyone goes to your teams games.Some rely on articles,TV coverage or hearsay and can't wait to post opinions on "their" team.Some seem to get a rush giving theirxtwocentsx when if they were there in person they'd get a different perspective.BTW, Yes I go every week to watch my team,and my glass is always half full not empty when talking about the season.College football is a great game and anyone that can possible make a game should.xnodx

SideLine Shooter
September 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I've missed 1-game since the '03 season.

TheValleyRaider
September 16th, 2011, 09:17 PM
1,600 miles from Fort Worth, TX to Hamilton

Last Colgate game I went to was October 6, 2007, a lightning-delayed 28-24 comeback victory over Bucknell. Would have been the Georgetown game in 2008, except for a nasty case of norovirus (for Georgetown, not your's truly)

Now, I track games through online video and radio, while getting my live-football fix through my graduate school TCU. They're okay, and this year I've got to make some game-watching choices as the Frogs have decided to play a bunch of afternoon games this season. Tomorrow is probably a TCU day, but this will play out as the season goes along

My lack of games now is probably somewhat karmic from getting to nearly every game during my 4 years in school as a member of the band (42 of 50 total games, including all 5 playoff contests)

Smitty
September 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I don't usually go to away games a lot but I try to go to most of the home games.

McNeese75
September 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
I will miss my first game since 2004 this year and have missed a total of five games beginning in 2000

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Bison season ticket holder, going to the Goofer game too.

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
16107......SINCE 1986...AH'VE..MISSED JES' ONE....HOMER....AGIN' ALBANY....COUPLE YEARS AGO.....WHEN MAH LITTLE ONE...GOT MARRIED....AN' TO UH LAD...FROM YOUNGSTOWN...(BOARDMAN)....YET...........AWK!

ElonFirefighter
September 16th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Season ticket holder this year made 3-4 games home and away a year since i graduated

superman7515
September 16th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I've been a season ticket holder for several years, stuck through it with the price increase that sent a few scurrying away, try to make it to someone else's game each year also when UD is off or away somewhere I don't feel like going (last year it was Richmond @ Villanova on UD's bye week).

Eaglesrus
September 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I've been going to all home games most years since the program restarted in 1982. Sprinkled in just a few away games until about 5 years ago, then started to go to most of those, too. Last year I made all but one and unless something goes haywire this will be my first year of making it to all of them.

darell1976
September 16th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Since I moved to Fargo in 1999 I usually go to 1 or 2 Sioux games.

Cocky
September 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
As many as possible for as long as I can remember. Avg about half of the games each year. Mom and Dad started taking me as a new born.

bkrownd
September 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM
My last football game was in 2008. I've been to 3-4 games since leaving Amherst in 2000. UH-Hilo is unlikely to add football before 2050 ;)

ngineer
September 16th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I'm at every Lehigh home game and make most of the away games. And if Lehigh has a bye, I'll innoculate myself and go over and catch a look at the spotted pussy's in nearby Easton.

App-a-latch-un
September 16th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I've only missed 1 home game since '06, make it to about 2 away games a year, FBS match up is always one of them.

lionsrking2
September 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I've missed one game since '04 due to a family situation ... otherwise, I'm there!

GeauxLions94
September 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Haven't missed one since 2007 (though I've missed 10 between 2004-06)... went to all 12 games when we brought football back in 2003

bojeta
September 16th, 2011, 11:39 PM
Season ticket holder for many years and have been going to Cal Poly games for decades

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Season ticket holder for many years and have been going to Cal Poly games for decades

16112...ARE YOU DUH GUY......WHO INVENTED.......TALKIES.....xconfusedx....AWK!

GoAgs72
September 16th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I live 170 miles from Davis but I've gone to all home games for years as well as all away games at Sac State and Cal Poly. Don't make a lot of the other games except when we played Cal, Stanford, San Jose State and this year Hawaii.

MUHAWKS
September 17th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I played for Monmouth and since graduating in 2000 have been to about 50% of all games..Living in North Jersey, it is easy to get to home games and most away games. Road trips have brought me to: Old Dominion, Delaware U, U Maine, URI, Duquesne, all the NEC schools (sans St Francis PA) Colgate, Lehigh, Lafayette to name a few.. Today I am heading down the Turnpike to Nova!

gasoutherneagle
September 17th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Season ticket holder, Eagle Fund contributor, Bishop Hospitality Beer Deliverer (you're welcome), and holder of parking space H149 (feel free to come by any game day and gawk at me)...

Been to all but a select few home games since my affiliation with Georgia Southern in '96... Yeah, I drank the Kool-Aid as a freshman. They make it with Eagle Creek water. Been a die-hard Eagle ever since. I even made Statesboro my home in 2004.

Gil Dobie
September 17th, 2011, 06:36 AM
I had season tickets until the economy went bad. It's a 3.5 hour drive for home games. My wife got a job in San Francisco, and I'm working on selling the house and joining her. Right now I'm not going to any games, so I settle for listening to them on the radio. Might hit some Davis or Sac St games when I finaly get selttled.

813Jag
September 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I make sure I go to at least two Southern games a year. Since every game is a road game to me. Always do the closest road game to me xlolx As well as Homecoming, PVU, or the Bayou Classic.

wmmii
September 17th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Season ticket holder since 1978, miss few Home games and try to make a couple away each year.

etiger
September 17th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I have not missed a single game (Home and away) since 1991. My wife and make our vactions around the football season.

Pard4Life
September 17th, 2011, 07:43 AM
I've only missed one home game since enrolling at Lafayette. I make almost all of the road games except anything in Massachusetts, Hamilton, or DC (not worth trip ever to DC).

AtlantaMountaineer
September 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Season ticket holder and Yosef Club member for the last five years. Make the 5 hour trip to Boone from Atlanta for almost every home game and make most away games within driving distance of Atlanta.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 17th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Attended one or two games a year '83-'90 and got busy with a young family. Returned in '98 and became an addict in '99 missing just one home game since. Started attending nearly all away games in 2001.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Today will be my 50th consecutive home game attended. Ive made every home game from 2003-present

No_Skill
September 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
My wife, two year old son, and I have season tickets, so we go to every home game (Bismarck to Fargo 190 miles) and I watch or listen to every away game. We usually make it to at least one away game per season. This year is the Gopher game next weekend. It's tough to make the late season away games with a small child, but he's a trooper.

I try to pick up random games when I can. Like today I'll be watching the EWU @ Montana game.

No_Skill
September 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
They need you, Darell. Grand Forks isn't that far from Fargo. Although, I will admit it is much easier to go to travel to the home games if you have a small group of friends that you go with.

DaBigBlue
September 17th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Haven't missed an ODU home game since 1940...which is like 14 games. Try to catch 2-3 road games a year.

Thundar
September 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
10 year season ticket holder, missed 1 home game in 2009, made it to 8 of 14 last year

RichH2
September 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Usually make 3-4 Lehigh games some Fordham ones and at least one Columbia game and a few mics Ivies

Thundar
September 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Since I moved to Fargo in 1999 I usually go to 1 or 2 Sioux games.

Really??? Its only like 69 miles to the Alerus Center, I drive up to GF for work 2-3 times a week

OL FU
September 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I make about 80% of the home games and usually a game or two away. Small things like work and kids get in the way sometime

Wildcat80
September 17th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Make a couple a year at UNH....or now at Gillette!

Grizzaholic
September 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I only go to EWU away games.

Seahawks Fan
September 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
I go to about one game a year. This year I will see Wagner when they come to Monmouth.

bojeta
September 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
16112...ARE YOU DUH GUY......WHO INVENTED.......TALKIES.....xconfusedx....AWK!

I started young! :)

bojeta
September 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I had season tickets until the economy went bad. It's a 3.5 hour drive for home games. My wife got a job in San Francisco, and I'm working on selling the house and joining her. Right now I'm not going to any games, so I settle for listening to them on the radio. Might hit some Davis or Sac St games when I finaly get selttled.

Try and make to either the Davis/Cal Poly game Oct 5th or the Davis/Sac game at the end of the season. Both are at Davis this year (correct me if I'm wrong) and should be great games!

GoAgs72
September 17th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Try and make to either the Davis/Cal Poly game Oct 5th or the Davis/Sac game at the end of the season. Both are at Davis this year (correct me if I'm wrong) and should be great games!

Ditto. The two best games of the year in Northern California. The UC Davis/Sac State game is at Sac State. Neither venue is going to be as exciting as NDSU home games but we try.

poly51
September 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
I went to my first Cal Poly game in 1951. I was 9 years old. Lost to Sul Ross State. Season ticket holder since 1972. Also go to most Cal Poly away games in California including San Jose State, Fresno State, San Diego State, UC Davis and Sac State.

I go to high school games most Friday nights incuding the JV games.

In the last 2 weeks I have been to Cal Poly at San Diego State, San Luis Obispo High Scool at Dos Pueblos HS in Santa Barbara, LA Dodgers at San Francisco Giants, Minnesota Vikings at San Diego Chargers, SLO High School vs. Oxnard HS.

And in 10 minutes I am leaving for Cal Poly versus South Dakota State at Cal Poly. Cal Poly is 10 minutes from my house.

AppMAN04
September 17th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Well when I was in school at ASU , I never missed a game.. since then I went to 2 of the 3 championships and attend 3 home games and 1 away if they play Elon or WCU.. GO APPS!

Twentysix
September 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I go to every homegame, and one away game, 2 if the SDSU game is away. Plus I go to away playoff games.

Last year I made it to 9. All games that I do not make, I watch via the internet.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 17th, 2011, 06:37 PM
It's 1,100 miles from me to Newark, so unfortunately I haven't been able to make a home game since '06 when I headed south. I did go to every home game as a student, and plenty of home and away games for a few years after I graduated until I moved. I've got vacation time left this year though, it's just hard to pick whether to go up for a regular season game, pick a playoff game, or hope for a NC berth to go to Frisco. Saturday is a mandatory day at work for everyone at my place of business, so I'm glad there are some Delaware night games this year.

Thankfully UD does a free webstream of all of their home games, so I can at least watch even if I can't get it on TV here. I'm enjoying the band's halftime show on the webcast as I type this.

Ivytalk
September 17th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I try to get to Penn and Princeton games when Harvard comes down, as well as Columbia and Yale. Also catch some Harvard-Patriot games. Haven't seen a Harvard game in Cambridge since the 80s.