PDA

View Full Version : North Alabama vs Abilene Christian from the Palace in Dallas

kperk014
September 15th, 2011, 01:44 PM
The game will be televised in north Alabama on WHDF in Huntsville. Should be a great game if any of you care to watch.

TexasTerror
September 16th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Worth noting that is part of a Lonestar Conference Football Festival...

Clever idea to have a 'mecca' such as the facility in ARLINGTON (not Dallas) host a triple-header of Division II football!

TTUEagles
September 16th, 2011, 08:04 AM
GO Lions, go! Roar Leo!

kperk014
September 18th, 2011, 04:50 PM
UNA survives desperate battle in the Palace in Dallas! Thanks for reminding me it's in Arlington. I NEVER would have known I was in Arlington! xrolleyesx Go Arlington Cowboys!!! xlolx

http://www.timesdaily.com/stories/Lions-roar,182090

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z417/kperk014/jENKINS.jpg

Janoris Jenkins says bye-bye to a couple of Wildcats on his way to a 49 yard fumble recovery for a TD in front of approximately 25,000 fans.

TexasTerror
September 18th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Was the 25,000 number for the entire tripleheader?

Did a lot of fans stay for two or all three of the games on the day?

kperk014
September 18th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Was the 25,000 number for the entire tripleheader?

Did a lot of fans stay for two or all three of the games on the day?

I've just heard estimates about the results, nothing final yet. It's possible the total for the day could have been more. During the UNA-ACU game the lower 2 levels on both sides were pretty full. I'm sure some of the Commerce fans probably left after losing badly in the first game but it looked like a good portion of the Midwestern crowd stayed and it was pretty evident a large portion of the West Texas and Kingsville fans came in early. It was quite a quagmire when UNA fans were attempting to leave the bottom level so the West Texas fans could have those seats. They were pouring in as we were trying to get out. A good traffic cop would have been just the ticket! Over 1200 miles of driving but it was worth it!