PDA

View Full Version : What game this year are you looking forward to the most?

SU Jag
April 14th, 2006, 08:32 PM
The 06 season is getting closer and closer, so what game this year are you looking forward to the most? For me its the opener in Jacksonville against Bethune-Cookman, the showdown in Jackson,Ms against the new look Jackson State Tigers, and the return of the Bayou Classic to the Super Dome:nod:

BigDukeDawg
April 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
JMU vs App State for sure....
JMU vs. Delaware
Hampton vs. Norfolk state battle of the bay is always fun....
im not sure what else?

carney2
April 14th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Turkey on Thanksgiving is dessert. Chickensquawk on the Saturday before is the main meal. It doesn't matter what the year is - the first 10 games are just preseason.

89rabbit
April 14th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Oct. 28th vs UC-Davis (Hobo Day)
The Biggest One Day Party in the Dakotas! xprost2x

LeopardFan04
April 14th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Lehigh most of all obviously...with Colgate a close second...and this year Penn to open the newly revamped Fisher Field...

ISUMatt
April 14th, 2006, 10:19 PM
ILS @ UNI-Hopefully for ILS, the Gateway is wrapped up for us or on the line!!!

MACHIAVELLI
April 14th, 2006, 11:21 PM
1st game in Birmingham
11th game in Birmingham

JDC325
April 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
THE FIRST ONE!!

slostang
April 14th, 2006, 11:24 PM
For Cal Poly:

In Conference - UC Davis in the newly renovated Alex G. Spanos Stadium. We owe them one or two.

Out of Conference - Montana. Best place in I-AA to see a game. Great fans, tailgating and stadium. Missoula is football crazy.

Ronbo
April 14th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the kudos, now I'll feel a little bad when the Griz get revenge this season. Just a little.:smiley_wi

grizband
April 14th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Cat/Griz in Missoula!!!!
:bow: :bow: :hurray: :bow: :bow:

McNeese75
April 14th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Tx State and SELU in the Hole!! :D :asswhip:

slostang
April 14th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the kudos, now I'll feel a little bad when the Griz get revenge this season. Just a little.:smiley_wi

Hey we are only 1-10 against the Griz. We still owe you nine more games and we are comming to collect. I wont feel even a little bad when we win. :smiley_wi

Any win against the Griz is a good one, but none will be as sweet as the first. Hopefully you can can visit San Luis Obispo in 2007. Even better, you can visit us this season in the playoffs.:hurray:

darussian12
April 15th, 2006, 12:16 AM
always has been the lat 3 years since i have paid attention and the last 2 when i have actually gone to...Sammy...its always meant something those last two years two...last year whether we go to playoffs...year before whether we had a chance at a share of conf...this year i expect nothing less other then a game that has implications for either one of our teams playoffs chances...plus all TX STATE students are born to hate Sam one they begin enrollment...no matter how respectable some of the fans might be :-)

WCU LawCat
April 15th, 2006, 12:29 AM
-I find Hampton vs Grambling interesting
-App vs JMU should be good
-I also have some interest in Coastal Carolinas tougher games and games vs the SoCon. Can they compete with the teams in the SoCon?

Personally I'm ready for...
-EKU at Western Carolina
-Western Carolina at Furman (2 in a row?)
-App at Western (App returns to Cullowhee where they lost in 04)

catbob
April 15th, 2006, 01:25 AM
Cat/Griz, obviously.

Second, UC Davis.

golionsgo
April 15th, 2006, 01:53 AM

On behalf of Lions fans everywhere, we feel honored that you look forward to playing us in the Hole. If you guys make some defensive adjustments, it might actually be a competitive game. :D :D :D

golionsgo
April 15th, 2006, 01:53 AM

On behalf of Lions fans everywhere, we feel honored that you look forward to playing us in the Hole. If you guys make some defensive adjustments, it might actually be a competitive game. :D :D :D

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2006, 06:45 AM
SHSU heading to Southeastern Louisiana (because I should be able to attend the game)...

SHSU's annual rivalry games against SFA (Battle of the Piney Woods, the highest rated SLC football game yearly on TV) and Texas State - San Marcos (which has had SLC implications the last two years)

rokamortis
April 15th, 2006, 06:55 AM
For Coastal, all of them!

But mainly ...
Furman, @Georgia Southern, @Wofford, SC State, and Charleston Southern :mad:

Tribe4SF
April 15th, 2006, 07:58 AM
First game against the Maryland Terrapins will tell us alot about the Tribe.

Regular season final against Richmond, a rivalry that has been reborn, and in which we were embarassed last year.

bluehenbillk
April 15th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Sept 30, UNH at Delaware under the lights. Get out your measuring stick.

ngineer
April 15th, 2006, 08:15 AM
The 06 season is getting closer and closer, so what game this year are you looking forward to the most? For me its the opener in Jacksonville against Bethune-Cookman, the showdown in Jackson,Ms against the new look Jackson State Tigers, and the return of the Bayou Classic to the Super Dome:nod:

"the most" being the qualifier, it's always Laughteryette. Especially with the League title on the line.
However, with the new coaches and all, Albany and Villanova being the two opening games are being looked at with more anticipation than one would expect. We have a very good schedule this year and with the new attitude on campus, people are getting psyched for the whole season.

massdad
April 15th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Non-league game, however seeing my son play against my alma mater is much fun...also, game is 15 minutes from house. Tailgate will be jammin'...I'll get to razz some old teammates, say "hi" to a former coach or two, and hopefully will see a much better game than their first meeting last season. Last year it was close at the half, but wheels came off once Brown made a great goal line stand, and Hoya Q went down with injury. If Hoyas play both halves this year, it should be a good game.

PapaBear
April 15th, 2006, 08:35 AM
UMaine vs Boston College, UNH vs Northwestern, W&M vs Maryland, and all other "PCG vs BCG" games that give us a chance to gain mind-market share the right way instead of with terminology and rationalizations.

AppGuy04
April 15th, 2006, 08:40 AM
App v NC State- I think they can pull the upset
App v JMU- should be a really good game

BigDukeDawg
April 15th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Man, the state of Montana has the nicest people, i wanted to hate the Griz fans so bad but they were so nice you just couldnt, all my boys who went out bowling the night before the game with the Montana team said they couldnt hate the players either cuz they were so considerate... come on Montana be mean to someone!

ncbears
April 15th, 2006, 08:46 AM
W. Illinois and Montana. Both are here in Greeley

MR. CHICKEN
April 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM

DITTO...........:hyped:.......BRAWK!

GAD
April 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Southern vs Jackson State this game is the college football experience on steroids

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I may be making a trip to Southern vs Grambling in the Bayou Classic this year as well, so that's a game for me to look forward to.

blackfordpu
April 15th, 2006, 10:16 AM
SHSU @ UT
McNeese St. @ SHSU:nod:

McNeese75
April 15th, 2006, 10:47 AM

I figure there will be a few defensive adjustments made this year :). Ya'll have been pretty damn rude the last two years so I can not even imagine the coaching staff and team not being ready for this years game. I won't even go into all the armchair QB theories on the Pokes poor showing last year but it is time for a good competitive game to be played by both squads.

See ya there!! :hurray:

Golden Eagle
April 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM
The renewal of the great rivalry, Tennessee Tech @ Middle Tennessee State. On a Thursday night to boot.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM

Measuring stick for our young defense too!!

BTW, should we UNH fans be reading anything into all these transfers from the University of Chestnut Hill Beagles? :confused: :p :p :p

In New England, you either love or hate the Beagles. And IMO any self-respecting fan from BU, NU, UNH, Maine, UMass or UVM would never, NEVER root for the Beagles. There was very little conference loyalty in the Frozen Four for the Beagles. And much of the "I'll root for them in the Big Dance because they're from New England" went away when they joined the ACC. Think about how UD folks think about Villanova.

X-Factor
April 15th, 2006, 12:16 PM
So many good games to choose from for us. I believe this is the toughest schedule in school history. But I would have to say @Minnesota for the road game because of the high profile opponent and the fact that there will be thousands of Bison fans in attendance. @GSU would probably take the title for the best away I-AA game. Also, SDSU at the Fargodome just to reiterate why the Jackrabbits havn't won in Fargo since the stoneage, also it should be a good one because it will be so loud you can hardly think and both teams put alot of effort into it.

mainejeff
April 15th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Sept. 9 - Maine at Youngstown State
Sept. 30 - Maine at Boston College
Nov. 18 - UNH at Maine

GrizzlyEdd
April 15th, 2006, 02:13 PM
This is a tough pick. I will try to stay away from the obvious... 106th Brawl of the Wild/ U of Montana and Montana State.

From there I am torn between Montana @ Iowa, CalPoly @ Montana, and Montana @ Eastern Washington.

Hell, I just want football season to get here, after that every game is my favorite. Even if we had to go to SHSU or CalPoly... I think it is going to be one hell of a season west of the rockies...:hurray::nod:

TexasTerror
April 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Hell, I just want football season to get here, after that every game is my favorite. Even if we had to go to SHSU or CalPoly... I think it is going to be one hell of a season west of the rockies...:hurray::nod:

Would love for Montana to come back to SHSU. Had a great time meeting some of the Grizzlies fans and of course, beating the Griz atleast once to go with some of those tough losses (two I-AA playoff losses). Home and home would be great for both sides! :)

eagle1
April 15th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I am most looking forward to the Montana game at home. I think they would probably like to pay us back for the 14 pt win in Missoula last fall. As for road games, I am really looking forward to our game at Weber State. We owe them from last fall.:smiley_wi

GrizzlyEdd
April 15th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Would love for Montana to come back to SHSU. Had a great time meeting some of the Grizzlies fans and of course, beating the Griz atleast once to go with some of those tough losses (two I-AA playoff losses). Home and home would be great for both sides! :)

I would love to see a home and home... I have been to all the SHSU @ Montana games here in Missoula. I have met and talked to a lot of the Texas folks at the game. I can honestly say that they are a real treat to talk to.. reminds me of years past when I lived in San Antonio. Still remember the "Oktober Fest" in New Braunfels... :beerchug: I think that to some degree, the Bearcats and the Griz are family...;):nod:

GrizzlyEdd
April 15th, 2006, 02:59 PM
I am most looking forward to the Montana game at home. I think they would probably like to pay us back for the 14 pt win in Missoula last fall. As for road games, I am really looking forward to our game at Weber State. We owe them from last fall.:smiley_wi

Ya know, as history has shown us, the Griz would much rather play EWU in Cheney than WGS.... The Eagles just seem to kick the isht out of the Griz in Missoula... so, lets play in Cheney every year....:smiley_wi

RabidRabbit
April 15th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Because they're rarer than (blue)hen's teeth this year! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Look forward to the early tests with our old NCC foe, UNI; and the always tough road test of MT.

Yes, it's time to get the Dakota Marker down in the South again.;)

GrizzlyEdd
April 15th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Because they're rarer than (blue)hen's teeth this year! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Look forward to the early tests with our old NCC foe, UNI; and the always tough road test of MT.

Yes, it's time to get the Dakota Marker down in the South again.;)

You are always welcome in WGS... I am looking forward to the game on 9/9... hope it is as good as last year ...... well.... maybe the Griz could win by a little more....:o;)

crunifan
April 15th, 2006, 04:13 PM
Illinois State @ UNI- payback will be a bitch

UNI @ SIU

Husky Alum
April 15th, 2006, 04:19 PM
@ North Dakota State - Hager's Homecoming. Just booked my flight!

UMass - Benny Brown comes back - AGAIN.

Question for NDSU fans on the board - where does one stay when playing @ NDSU?

kats89
April 15th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I am looking forward to :

SHSU @ SFA (BRAWL of the Piney Woods)
SHSU @ SMU--Could we spoil their season?
McNeese @ SHSU

colgate13
April 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM
This year, I'd say Colgate/Lafayette. In the past it was Colgate/Lehigh, but recent history tells me that the Leopards will win, so even if Colgate loses to Lehigh, if we take care of business against everyone else, we'll get the autobid! :D

TheBisonator
April 15th, 2006, 06:58 PM
@ North Dakota State - Hager's Homecoming. Just booked my flight!

UMass - Benny Brown comes back - AGAIN.

Question for NDSU fans on the board - where does one stay when playing @ NDSU?

That's a good question about the hotels. Up until recently, there was only one hotel in the NDSU/Fargodome/Airport area, which was the Days Inn Airport. But construction is being completed of two more hotels in the area. The new Fargo Airport Hilton Homewood Suites is almost finished, and is right next door to the Days Inn (along 19th Ave. North), and an on-campus hotel is just about complete, the Candlewood Inn and Suites, which is also along 19th Ave. That hotel is run by NDSU. Both places should be up and running very soon. I drove past both places today, and the signage is already up - A sign that construction is almost finished.

Otherwise, a majority of the hotels in Fargo are licated in clusters along the intersection of I-29 and 13th Ave. South near West Acres Mall.

bobcatfan06
April 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM
@Kentucky
vs. Nicholls St. (payback is a bitch)
@ Sam Houston (been a good game the past 2 years)
vs. Texas Southern (just to see the band)

TxSt02
April 15th, 2006, 09:28 PM
@Kentucky
vs. Nicholls St. (payback is a bitch)
@ Sam Houston (been a good game the past 2 years)
vs. Texas Southern (just to see the band)

add McNeese to the list and it looks perfect to me!

also looking forward to the trip to southern utah and a little gambling!

Pard4Life
April 15th, 2006, 11:38 PM
This year, I'd say Colgate/Lafayette. In the past it was Colgate/Lehigh, but recent history tells me that the Leopards will win, so even if Colgate loses to Lehigh, if we take care of business against everyone else, we'll get the autobid! :D

You speak many truths 13.

Pard4Life
April 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM
In reality, the first game at Sacred Heart... 9/2.

In the larger picture... can't decide between Colgate-Lehigh. I REALLY want to beat Colgate badly... and Lehigh equally as bad.

Also Penn... the first game at new Fisher.. maybe a night game? And Yale.. haven't played them in awhile.. and Harvard... want to beat them badly too... Prinecton as well... and Fordham.. I like to eat good food

heck every game I am excited for, woulda been even for Columbia... great stadium... normally I would exclude Georgetown but given our past performance and the rumblings in DC, I am quite intrigued to play them.

catbob
April 16th, 2006, 05:17 AM
add McNeese to the list and it looks perfect to me!

also looking forward to the trip to southern utah and a little gambling!

Whoa, why do you have an MSU Bobcat helmut as your avatar?

TxSt02
April 16th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Whoa, why do you have an MSU Bobcat helmut as your avatar?

Just kinda "trying it on" to see what the other Bobcat helmet feels like...

i guess you can say it is an off season thing...

im gonna change it over soon though... better than a griz helmet though, right?

th0m
April 16th, 2006, 08:35 AM
For me, JMU's top 5 games this upcoming season are (chronologically):

@ App. State
@ UNH
vs. W&M
@ Richmond
vs. Delaware

Cat79
April 16th, 2006, 09:47 AM
I figure there will be a few defensive adjustments made this year :). Ya'll have been pretty damn rude the last two years so I can not even imagine the coaching staff and team not being ready for this years game. I won't even go into all the armchair QB theories on the Pokes poor showing last year but it is time for a good competitive game to be played by both squads.

See ya there!! :hurray:

McNeese75

We have finally made our game with the Cowboys a rivalry game. I look forward to tailgating with you guys.

89Hen
April 16th, 2006, 10:57 AM
THE FIRST ONE!!
Beat me to it. :nod:

McNeese75
April 16th, 2006, 11:16 AM
McNeese75

We have finally made our game with the Cowboys a rivalry game. I look forward to tailgating with you guys.

The game has definitly become more important to both schools the last few years. We look forward to seeing all the Cats that will travel this year. :) Tell that guy with the Sombrero and his student friends to come on over too :D

blackfordpu
April 16th, 2006, 03:16 PM
The game has definitly become more important to both schools the last few years. We look forward to seeing all the Cats that will travel this year. :) Tell that guy with the Sombrero and his student friends to come on over too :D

You going to make it to Hunstville this season 75?

The Gadfly
April 16th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Our first playoff game. :bawling:

McNeese75
April 16th, 2006, 08:38 PM
You going to make it to Hunstville this season 75?

You bet!! I will be there. :D

swaghook
April 16th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Sticking with a I-AA I would say GSU. But if you include I-A I have to say Minnesota.

Canyoncat
April 17th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I am looking forward to MSU vs Cal Davis in Bozeman. This should be a real good game and it will tell MSU fans alot about what we have to look forward to for the rest of the year.

Ivytalk
April 17th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Harvard-Penn in Philadelphia in November.

OL FU
April 17th, 2006, 09:33 AM
There are too many to pick one, GSU, ASU, JSU (sure are alot of SU's out there) UNC, but there is a revenge match this year for an unexpected defeat early on in 2005.

I think Western Carolina has to be brought back to reality:D

bandl
April 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Two games I am looking forward to the most happen to be on the same day...

SDSU (or is it NDSU?? Eh...it's one of those Dakota State schools :D ) @ Montana, 9/9 - Why?? Because I'll be there!!! :hurray:

JMU @ ASU, 9/9 - Why?? Duh.

swaghook
April 17th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Two games I am looking forward to the most happen to be on the same day...

SDSU (or is it NDSU?? Eh...it's one of those Dakota State schools :D ) @ Montana, 9/9 - Why?? Because I'll be there!!! :hurray:

JMU @ ASU, 9/9 - Why?? Duh.That would be SDSU. NDSU is still waiting to get another W off of the Griz.:smiley_wi

DaGriz
April 17th, 2006, 05:36 PM
For Cal Poly:

In Conference - UC Davis in the newly renovated Alex G. Spanos Stadium. We owe them one or two.

Out of Conference - Montana. Best place in I-AA to see a game. Great fans, tailgating and stadium. Missoula is football crazy.

I didn't realize UC Davis is a Spanos stadium. Jeez, that guy has some money.

ucdtim17
April 17th, 2006, 06:34 PM
I didn't realize UC Davis is a Spanos stadium. Jeez, that guy has some money.

That's at CP - no news on a title donor/sponsor for UCD

ngineer
April 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Harvard-Penn in Philadelphia in November.

Aw...your not making the trip to Goodman last weekend of September? Should be a good one.

Go...gate
April 17th, 2006, 08:20 PM
The opener. We really struggle in those games. If we can play well and break through, it could be a great season.

DetroitFlyer
April 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Dayton at San Diego on November 11, 2006. Could determine who plays in the bowl game with the NEC!

GrizFanIRAQ
April 18th, 2006, 09:28 AM
for me its gotta be the 1st game of the year down in cedar rapids, Iowa....cant wait to see the griz open some eyes in the 1-a land.!! After that its returning the favor to EWU and the Brawl of the Wild here in Missoula!!!

TheValleyRaider
April 18th, 2006, 10:43 AM
9/2-at UMass
10/7-vs. Princeton
10/14-at Cornell
10/28-vs. Lafayette
11/5-at Lehigh

But if I had to pick one, 9/2 at UMass. Big Game, Season Opener, Under the Lights?, A Growing Rivalry

bcrawf
April 18th, 2006, 11:36 AM
for me its gotta be the 1st game of the year down in cedar rapids, Iowa....cant wait to see the griz open some eyes in the 1-a land.!! After that its returning the favor to EWU and the Brawl of the Wild here in Missoula!!!

Sorry that first game is in IOWA CITY!! I have a better idea though, how about we send Drake to Iowa City and instead of driving south from CR how bout you come north and come to THE DOME!! We would put 18,000 people in there and it would be so loud you couldn't think!!

mikebigg
April 18th, 2006, 11:10 PM
1st game in Birmingham
11th game in Birmingham

:nod: :nod:

Umass74
April 19th, 2006, 08:19 AM
But if I had to pick one, 9/2 at UMass. Big Game, Season Opener, Under the Lights?, A Growing Rivalry

I'm pumped already!

9/2 Colgate. First game on the new field turf! Very likely a night game mit fireworks (spitzen und sparken mit cannon boomin!!!):rotateh:

9/9 Navy (I realize that after watching Navy run up over 600 yards of offense in a bowl game last year that we likely will get our asses kicked)

11/4 UNH in Durham. Hopefully both teams will be in contention for a playoff bid.

Can't wait. :)

Wellington
April 19th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Montana vs Iowa
Montana vs Cal Poly

LUHawker
April 19th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Lehigh @ Villanova 9/9

5 minutes from home and a chance to see how Lehigh adjusts to the new coaching regime change. Also, looking forward to putting a hurting on the Cats and sticking it to Coach Talley, who thinks he/Villanova is too good for the Patriot League.

89Hen
April 19th, 2006, 01:57 PM
9/9 Navy
Will you be making the trip to Annapolis?
BTW, caught the German, but when I first saw... "Very likely a night game mit fireworks" the first thing that entered my mind was the pranks MIT pulls on Harvard and thought you might be expecting hyjinks for the new turf. :p

SU Jag
April 19th, 2006, 02:41 PM
1st game in Birmingham
11th game in Birmingham

Dont you mean the 12th game? Well you dont have to worry about that this year:D

Brad82
April 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM
URI Vs. UCONN. Beat them in 2000.

Umass74
April 19th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Will you be making the trip to Annapolis?
BTW, caught the German, but when I first saw... "Very likely a night game mit fireworks" the first thing that entered my mind was the pranks MIT pulls on Harvard and thought you might be expecting hyjinks for the new turf

Yes! Allah willing, Mrs. 74 and I have already scheduled vacation time to take in Navy and Villanova the next week.

Any suggestions about where to stay in Annapolis? I'm a Navy vet (Vietnam era) and I'd like to tour the campus. And since I'm ex-enlisted and all the Navy players are future officers---I'm going to give them the business on game day ;)