PDA

View Full Version : Endangered Species List...AGS Poll Voters

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 09:16 PM
This is the list of people that have missed the first two weeks of voting and some of you may have signed up early and just forgotten that you had.

Wanted to put the list on here so if you are on it you could see and start voting since you are already in the pool. Heck some of you worked 1/2 way hard to make the list.

89Hen
appfan2008
Appguy
Apphole
asknoquarter21
ASUMountaineer
B&G
bamamountaineer1013
bigCasu
blazrdog#1
Blueandwhitefightfight
Blurattler
bullseye44
Cwboyfan
ddmann
downbythebeach
Eagle_77
Eagle16
FTG06'
GlassOnion
Grizo406
Grizzmark
GSU Eagle
Horseshoe App
Humble Steward
iceman4221
Ivytalk
JaxStateDSM93
kalm
LUHawker
m_olslund - NDSU
MacThor
MarchingMountaineer
NHwildEcat
OB55
Old Grad
OldApp79
phoenixphanatic21
putter
RattlerFan70
Red & Black
RichH2
ridgerock
Saint3333
SF State Gaters
Skjellyfetti
SpeedkingATL
ST_Lawson
THE DANIMAL
travelinman67
UD77
UNH_Alum_In_CT
VT Wildcat Fan53
WestCoastAggie
WrenFGun

It's really taken a lot of time to set each one of your pages up so if you just forgot please try and remember it this week.xthumbsupx

PM this guy if you have any questions on this.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=2453

Saint3333
September 13th, 2011, 09:25 PM
How many can you miss? I'd rather wait until the first week of October before putting in the effort. As of today it would a SWAG at best.

Grizzaholic
September 13th, 2011, 09:30 PM
How many can you miss? I'd rather wait until the first week of October before putting in the effort. As of today it would a SWAG at best.

I will continue to use my random team generator until week 4. At that time I will start voting.

Rob Iola
September 13th, 2011, 09:55 PM

Real simple friend - simply vote ASU first, Delaware second, Chattanooga third, GSU (either one) 23rd, Villanova 25th, and omit Lehigh, New Hampshire, and Richmond.

Now is that so hard?

Grizzaholic
September 13th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Real simple friend - simply vote ASU first, Delaware second, Chattanooga third, GSU (either one) 23rd, Villanova 25th, and omit Lehigh, New Hampshire, and Richmond.

Now is that so hard?

I hate you

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2011, 10:20 PM

Now is that so hard?

That explains an awful lot.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 10:27 PM

It's a total of three but you bring up a good point Saint. I don't like the early season voting a whole lot myself and maybe we can come up with a compromise on the early games? What would get us around this you think? 1/2 game apiece fro the first two games and then they start counting as full. That way if any of the guys that have not missed the first couple weeks miss one we could extend them the same courtesy or something?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 10:29 PM
The dudes & gals that make every vote are gonna be in the running for some cool stuff anyway so I doubt they'll care a whole lot.

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2011, 10:39 PM
16076.....DERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES...AH KNOW...HOWEVERAH......IFIN' YA SIGN UP....DELIVER......BETTERAH BE UH GOOD...X-CUSE...FO' MISSIN' DUH FIRST TWO.....LIKE....MAH CAT STEPPED ON DUH KEYS...AS AH WAS CHOOSIN'....BEST WIN...O'.....WHAA BOTHERAH...CAA.....OWNS DIS PLACE.......AWK!

Grizzaholic
September 13th, 2011, 10:42 PM
16076.....DERE ARE CIRCUMSTANCES...AH KNOW...HOWEVERAH......IFIN' YA SIGN UP....DELIVER......BETTERAH BE UH GOOD...X-CUSE...FO' MISSIN' DUH FIRST TWO.....LIKE....MAH CAT STEPPED ON DUH KEYS...AS AH WAS CHOOSIN'....BEST WIN...O'.....WHAA BOTHERAH...CAA.....OWNS DIS PLACE.......AWK!

Thanking GOD for TOWSON....

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM

The CAA posters are without peer as far as being the hardest working group on this thing for sure but the SoCon does pretty well in their own right and if the SoCon guys on that list were doing it then it might be the other way around.

Remember Mr. Chicken, they are just resting.

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM
16077....RESTIN' UP FO' WHAA?......MISSIN' WEEK 3.....xpopcornx.....BRAWK!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
RESTIN' UP FO' WHAA?......MISSIN' WEEK 3...........xpopcornx.......BRAWK!

I'd ask Citdog but he's in the game so I don't think he'll have the answer.

Grizzaholic
September 13th, 2011, 10:54 PM
16077....RESTIN' UP FO' WHAA?......MISSIN' WEEK 3.....xpopcornx.....BRAWK!

THE Confederate uprising, what else?

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2011, 11:08 PM
16079.....LET US EXAMINE......MISTERAH STEELE....HAS DAWG CIT...@....#6.....IN SOGONE...SEEMS OL' SCHMECKLE-HEAD......SHOOD BE OUT...WATCHIN' DUH LEAVES TURN...O'.....CARVIN' PUMPKINS.........xlolx....BRAWK!

p.s.......GRIZZWOLD..JES' CONCENTRATE........ON DUH SIDE BOOBS.....AWK!

ASUMountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 08:52 AM
My bad Ursy Bear. I will do better to keep up my end of the bargain. I have even set a reminder on my phone to do it first thing Sunday morning.

jmufan999
September 14th, 2011, 08:58 AM
HUH????? i submitted my ballot sunday night. i did miss the first week but i absolutely didn't miss this past week. when is the cutoff?

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2011, 09:04 AM
16081.....C'MON LADS.......MONDAYS...HIGH NOON.....CST......1PM.....IN OL' VIRGINNY..............xrotatehx....AWK!

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
16081.....C'MON LADS.......MONDAYS...HIGH NOON.....CST......1PM.....IN OL' VIRGINNY..............xrotatehx....AWK!

NOON EST or 10 AM MST

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 10:50 AM
16079.....LET US EXAMINE......MISTERAH STEELE....HAS DAWG CIT...@....#6.....IN SOGONE...SEEMS OL' SCHMECKLE-HEAD......SHOOD BE OUT...WATCHIN' DUH LEAVES TURN...O'.....CARVIN' PUMPKINS.........xlolx....BRAWK!

p.s.......GRIZZWOLD..JES' CONCENTRATE........ON DUH SIDE BOOBS.....AWK!

I will stay off the discussion threads and let the big boys talk while I "concentrate" on the bikini/side boob threads.xsmiley_wix

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2011, 10:52 AM
The Southland has such few voters...total East coast bias :D

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 11:01 AM
HUH????? i submitted my ballot sunday night. i did miss the first week but i absolutely didn't miss this past week. when is the cutoff?

You are correct Jmufan. Sorry I made a mistake there brother when I was copying names over.

Saint3333
September 14th, 2011, 12:02 PM
It's a total of three but you bring up a good point Saint. I don't like the early season voting a whole lot myself and maybe we can come up with a compromise on the early games? What would get us around this you think? 1/2 game apiece fro the first two games and then they start counting as full. That way if any of the guys that have not missed the first couple weeks miss one we could extend them the same courtesy or something?

Sounds fair to me. That way people against early season polls wouldn't have to start voting until week 5 (Oct. 1st games this year). I think after week four you can begin to gauge the teams, which would mean you could miss one more poll the remainder of the season. I really like your suggestion, make it happen Ursus.

Dane96
September 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I disagree somewhat. I feel if you say, meh...you dont have to vote until Week 5...what will happen is people wont pay as deep as attention to the first 5 weeks...look at records only, which is a completely unreliable factor as a sole indicator of strength....and we will have even crazier polls.

You should have no excuse to miss three votes in the first 5 weeks. That said, it has always been a decision left for the polling committee as to whether the person had a valid excuse, for example...long time poster who was travelling and didn't have access to the computer to vote for an extended period of time. Exceptions, it is my understanding, have been made and should continue to be made.

Where I do agree with people: the Pre-Season Poll should NOT COUNT as an official strike against you. Personally, I think they are shams....based on history and bias.

appfan2008
September 14th, 2011, 12:19 PM

I would like to see that 1/2 game deal be put into place bc I dont feel as though I have a good grasp on this thing yet and have enjoyed voting for years...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I disagree somewhat. I feel if you say, meh...you dont have to vote until Week 5...what will happen is people wont pay as deep as attention to the first 5 weeks...look at records only, which is a completely unreliable factor as a sole indicator of strength....and we will have even crazier polls.

You should have no excuse to miss three votes in the first 5 weeks. That said, it has always been a decision left for the polling committee as to whether the person had a valid excuse, for example...long time poster who was travelling and didn't have access to the computer to vote for an extended period of time. Exceptions, it is my understanding, have been made and should continue to be made.

Where I do agree with people: the Pre-Season Poll should NOT COUNT as an official strike against you. Personally, I think they are shams....based on history and bias.

Anything that happens will be left to the decision of the committee. I'm just looking for a work around here because I specifically didn't sign up for the AGS Poll in the past because I knew I would have a hard time doing the first couple of weeks poll and I'd be out if I missed another one anyway.

I totally get what you are saying here though. You are a smart fella Dane so is there any way around this that you can think of?

I just put so damn much time into all those names I just don't want to see it go to waste but if it has to then so be it. I don't want to piss off the guys that do vote by throwing out some willy nilly idea of how to do it.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I would like to see that 1/2 game deal be put into place bc I dont feel as though I have a good grasp on this thing yet and have enjoyed voting for years...

You know honestly I see that a lot as a reason and it doesn't wash. That's just a lack of confidence on some of your behalfs because I know for sure that if you voted you would very likely have a vote that lines up with whatever your thought process or paradigm on the relative strength of teams is.

Nobody know a whole lot at the beginning of this thing so we're all in the same boat here.

But, as I said in the last post, it kept me from digging in as well in the past so I understand that too.

If the vote you turned in seemed crazy then you'd probably get an email/pm saying "are you sure" so that's a pretty good backup...usually.:D

Saint3333
September 14th, 2011, 12:37 PM
I would say that the people are against voting the first couple of weeks aren't being lazy and not watching as much football during that time (my wife knows I'm not and I hear about it), rather they are being honest with themselves that any poll they put together would either be a SWAG or even worse include prior year bias.

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Here is my take on it...maybe it is the same as what Ursus said, maybe not. If I submit a poll with my thought process, Dane and Saint do as well. We all have a different philosophy on who goes where due to this or that. That gets mish-mashed together and we have a poll.

If we all had the same decision process we would be zombies and the poll wouldn't be very accurate, IMO.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Here is my take on it...maybe it is the same as what Ursus said, maybe not. If I submit a poll with my thought process, Dane and Saint do as well. We all have a different philosophy on who goes where due to this or that. That gets mish-mashed together and we have a poll.

If we all had the same decision process we would be zombies and the poll wouldn't be very accurate, IMO.

Nailed it Grizza.xthumbsupx

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Nailed it Grizza.xthumbsupx

Glad I made some sense. Now that I got my one FCS DISCUSSION FORUM post for the week done I can go back to the threads I am good at.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I would say that the people are against voting the first couple of weeks aren't being lazy and not watching as much football during that time (my wife knows I'm not and I hear about it), rather they are being honest with themselves that any poll they put together would either be a SWAG or even worse include prior year bias.

I totally get that Saint. What I am saying is that this is the same boat everyone finds themselves in so in this case we probably would have more spray pattern on our bullets but we would also have more bullets on the teams that are looking good at this point so it works out. Everyone's focus narrows down in the 4th, 5th week of the season and so forth but if you are asking question earlier in the process then I think we'll all be a step up from where we would have been in week 4 or 5.

Who know...I could be full of **** on this though.xlolx

RichH2
September 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
My apologies . I will not miss any more

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
My apologies . I will not miss any more

Just glad to see ya jumpin' in Rich. Some people signed up 5 or so months ago so I figured a few may have just forgotten.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the reminder, ursus! I'll vote this week. I had forgotten about it -- I actually thought I'd missed the deadline for this year!xrulesxxsighx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the reminder, ursus! I'll vote this week. I had forgotten about it -- I actually thought I'd missed the deadline for this year!xrulesxxsighx

You were one of the early birds and I think that has happened quite a bit. I had a whole bunch of guys that signed up for the early preseason also sign up again for the one right before the season.:)

That's why I finally just posted the entire list of dudes that were on and approved. Figured this might work again to alert some of you guys that are fairly active in it in the past.xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 14th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Slackers

Skjellyfetti
September 14th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Busy and forgot I had signed up to do this last Spring or so. I'll try to get a poll going this week.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Busy and forgot I had signed up to do this last Spring or so. I'll try to get a poll going this week.

Cool, I just shared your doc with ya. It won't do you any good for reference yet but I'm just going through the list now and saw you replied here.

Dane96
September 14th, 2011, 11:18 PM

Ding Ding...we have a winner.

Twentysix
September 15th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Noobs. All of them.

Saint3333
September 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Using this logic two wrongs do make a right in some instances.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Using this logic two wrongs do make a right in some instances.

I don't know if that is correct or not. But using the same type of phrasing...two wrongs may or may not make a right in this instance but we can be fairly sure that one wrong does not make a right.:D

THE DANIMAL
September 15th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I was unaware that I could vote. But great I will definitely submit my poll this week. Prolly a dumb question but is there a certain link I need to go to, to vote? And when is the deadline to submit your poll for the week? Sunday? Monday?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 11:12 AM
I was unaware that I could vote. But great I will definitely submit my poll this week. Prolly a dumb question but is there a certain link I need to go to, to vote? And when is the deadline to submit your poll for the week? Sunday? Monday?

You may not have gotten the message when you asked if you could get in and I said "yes"? It will start Sat. night late (around 9-10p MST) and there is a link at the bottom of the page that says AGS Poll. There will also be posts on Sunday by agspoll that will have the links in them and there is always a link in his signature anyway. On top of that, on Sunday morning somethime there will be a banner appear that says AGS Poll Vote. If you click that banner it also takes you to the ballot form.

You should have gotten an email confirming your inclusion in the poll voting when you signed up a couple of week ago. If you use the email account you signed up with as a "spam" acccount then that does not work so well with the poll. That needs to be a two way street so you'll need to check it after submitting the vote in case agspoll emails you.

THE DANIMAL
September 15th, 2011, 11:14 AM
You may not have gotten the message when you asked if you could get in and I said "yes"? It will start Sat. night late (around 9-10p MST) and there is a link at the bottom of the page that says AGS Poll. There will also be posts on Sunday by agspoll that will have the links in them and there is always a link in his signature anyway. On top of that, on Sunday morning somethime there will be a banner appear that says AGS Poll Vote. If you click that banner it also takes you to the ballot form.

You should have gotten an email confirming your inclusion in the poll voting when you signed up a couple of week ago. If you use the email account you signed up with as a "spam" acccount then that does not work so well with the poll. That needs to be a two way street so you'll need to check it after submitting the vote in case agspoll emails you.

Okay great Thanks!!!

AppAlum2003
September 15th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Not registered, but eligible. Don't watch enough games from other teams to accurately judge. I could probably do a fairly accurate top 5 - 7 but after that I dunno.

asknoquarter21
September 15th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I plan on voting after this week.

The first two weeks are pointless. Actually the first four weeks are, but I will start contributing now.

unigriff
September 15th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I've wanted to be a voter for years as I have been very engulfed with FCS for 20+ years. Sign me up!

SumItUp
September 15th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Is registration closed (based on August 31 register by date) or has it been extended? If it has been extended, how does one register?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 12:54 PM
I've wanted to be a voter for years as I have been very engulfed with FCS for 20+ years. Sign me up!

Is registration closed (based on August 31 register by date) or has it been extended? If it has been extended, how does one register?

It was closed but since you guys have not missed 3 votes yet you could pm agspoll and ask for an exception. I don't know for sure but I'd imagine it would be granted.xthumbsupx

BlueGoldAg
September 15th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Its been a long time since I took stats and research methods in grad school, but I do remember that the larger and more diverse the sample size, the greater the validity of the results. Some voters will do their homework and study the teams and their records and will continue to become more knowledgeable as the season progresses so that their votes later in the season will help increase the reliability of the poll. Some will just look at the previous week's results and shuffle the Top 25 around. There will be outliers on either side of the sample. By increasing the number of voters, hopefully, we will increase the diversity of regions represented and strike a balance between the informed voters and those who just shuffle.

In the end, I think the poll is about as good as any out there. Even the coaches poll has a good dose of bias in it. Regardless of the polls, the games are decided on the field and the outcomes can make any of us look silly at times.

GreatAppSt
September 15th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Its been a long time since I took stats and research methods in grad school, but I do remember that the larger and more diverse the sample size, the greater the validity of the results. By increasing the number of voters, hopefully, we will increase the diversity of regions represented and strike a balance between the informed voters and those who just shuffle.

In the end, I think the poll is about as good as any out there. Even the coaches poll has a good dose of bias in it. .

Awesomexbowxxthumbsupx

gasoutherneagle
September 15th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I participated in the original AGS poll eons ago. I'd be happy to have another go, if needed.

gasoutherneagle
September 15th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Missed ONE WEEK! Thought RALPH was gonna get on a plane and personally kick my butt out of AGS... things have changed/

RabidRabbit
September 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
IMHO, those whose teams (IVY) haven't started playing yet should get a pass for the 1st 2 weeks, as they would have had limited interest in games. Would prefer to see the # of pollsters exceed 100, but not at the cost ofxbandwagonx crashers leaping in starting in mid Oct.

Pre-season vote doesn't count as one of the 3 misses? Does it?xconfusedx

I would prefer to require at least 1 vote/month as a minimum. Sometimes our 3 misses ends up reducing the eligible votes down under 75, so that last poll can get real short of voters.

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM
IMHO, those whose teams (IVY) haven't started playing yet should get a pass for the 1st 2 weeks, as they would have had limited interest in games. Would prefer to see the # of pollsters exceed 100, but not at the cost ofxbandwagonx crashers leaping in starting in mid Oct.

Pre-season vote doesn't count as one of the 3 misses? Does it?xconfusedx

I would prefer to require at least 1 vote/month as a minimum. Sometimes our 3 misses ends up reducing the eligible votes down under 75, so that last poll can get real short of voters.

I disagree.

I was ready and waiting for the first fooseball game to begin. SO much waiting. Such a long wait. I don't see giving some folks a pass just because their team hasn't played yet. Should I get a pass for the week that the Griz don't play? They should be excited for football just as much as the rest of us.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Missing the preseasone does not count against anybody as a vote missed.

I agree that there is no special treatment for Ivy and I don't think the Ivy voters would expect it anyway. Now if we did some thing it would extend to everyone and I think RR was just throwing it out as part of what was being talked about earlier. anyway...as sort of an additional reason or group that early season might have less meaning for.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I participated in the original AGS poll eons ago. I'd be happy to have another go, if needed.

Contact agspoll gsu cuz one guy did already and he got approved. The fact that you've been here so long and also have at least 3,000 more posts than are showing in your count right now should be more than enough to get you in.

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
16089....GIVE HIM...DUH 3 GRAND.....AH CAN VERIFY...DUH IGGLE...IS AN' ORIGINAL..AGS KNUCKLE-DRAGGERAH........AWK!

ngineer
September 15th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I will stay off the discussion threads and let the big boys talk while I "concentrate" on the bikini/side boob threads.xsmiley_wix

I guess you have your hands full....

MR. CHICKEN
September 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Missed ONE WEEK! Thought RALPH was gonna get on a plane and personally kick my butt out of AGS... things have changed/

16097....IGGLE.......AIM DUH BLAME.....AT DR. SPOCK....RESPONSIBLE.....FO' DUH...."CAIN'T WHACK DUH BRAT"...CAMPAIGN......AN'....NOT GETTIN' SAID BRAT......UH PAIR O' TOP DOLLAR SNEEKS....EQUATED...TA CHILD ABUSE..........xsmhx....DOODLE-DOO-DOO!