Cocky
September 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ditto

TTUEagles
September 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Union at UT-Martin - goes without saying

SEMO at Purdue
Georgia State at Jacksonville State
Chattanooga at Eastern Kentucky- 17-14 - shocked at how close the Missouri St. game was...Maybe playing at Kidd helps...Chattanooga looks tough this year.
Tennessee State at Murray State - this will help figure out what TSU really has this year
Austin Peay at Memphis - I don't think APSU is very good, then again, neither is Memphis ... this one may be close
Tennessee Tech at Eastern Illinois - yes, a "homer" pick, sort of - I was pleased with how TTU played with Iowa, despite the score - OL & DL did not get pushed around like "we" usually do against FBS teams. I don't think EIU is anywhere close to being as "down" as was written in pre-season predictions - nice win vs ISU and played N'western tough, it appears. I'm nervous but, picking TTU in a close one based on # of skill players, depth & experience (50 seniors and juniors), and flat out hope.

Bam
September 12th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Your EKU v UTC score may be a little low, but I like the outcome. EKU's D MUST play better & do not turn into a track meet.

jayhawkdaddy
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
S-15
UT-Martin
S-17
Purdue
Jacksonville State
UT-Chattanooga
Murray State
Memphis
Eastern Illinois

RattlerFan70
September 12th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Union at UT- Martin- Martin
SEMO at Purdue
Chattanooga at Eastern Kentucky
Tennessee State at Murray State
Austin Peay at Memphis
Tennessee Tech at Eastern Illinois

eiu1999
September 13th, 2011, 09:57 AM
http://jg-tc.com/sports/eastern/article_66e15586-dd3f-11e0-b27a-001cc4c03286.html

TTUEagles
September 13th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Dammit, everyone's picking EIU???

eiu1999
September 13th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Dammit, everyone's picking EIU???

EIU's biggest weakness is stopping the run. So if Tech can do that and control the ball they have a chance.

GeauxLions94
September 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Union at UT- Martin
SEMO at Purdue
Austin Peay at Memphis

TTUEagles
September 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
EIU's biggest weakness is stopping the run. So if Tech can do that and control the ball they have a chance.

TTU's goal (supposedly) is to create as many plays as possible on offense. They call 2-3 plays in advance and try to go as fast as they can between plays...Works well if they actually move the ball - goal is to lengthen the game instead of what a lot of teams do trying to shorten the game by holding the ball for a long time. TECH's strengths are it's high numbers of starters/lettermen/upperclassmen and being able to spread the ball around with a high # of skill players. starting RB and one WR/RB that get the ball a bunch likely won't play, though. Starting "Rover" is doubtful, too...

eiu1999
September 13th, 2011, 04:28 PM
TTU's goal (supposedly) is to create as many plays as possible on offense. They call 2-3 plays in advance and try to go as fast as they can between plays...Works well if they actually move the ball - goal is to lengthen the game instead of what a lot of teams do trying to shorten the game by holding the ball for a long time. TECH's strengths are it's high numbers of starters/lettermen/upperclassmen and being able to spread the ball around with a high # of skill players. starting RB and one WR/RB that get the ball a bunch likely won't play, though. Starting "Rover" is doubtful, too...

I do see this as being a fun game to watch, sounds like Tech will be moving fast and EIU will be passing quite a bit.

eiu1999
September 13th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Senior EIU LB Cory Leman may miss the game. He was injured in the NW game and missed the 2nd half.

The Cats
September 13th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Union at UT- Martin
SEMO at Purdue
Austin Peay at Memphis T
ennessee Tech at Eastern Illinois

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 07:58 AM
http://jg-tc.com/sports/eastern/article_18aaa724-de83-11e0-ac83-001cc4c03286.html

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.weiu.net/index.php/weiu-tv/weiu-sports

TTU/EIU live on WEIU website 630pm, 9/17

TTUEagles
September 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
TTU adds 2 late FBS transfers: Bud Golden, RB from eiu1999's alma mater and favorite team, University of Illinois and Henry Rodgers from U of Memphis. Neither looks to play this Saturday but, Golden very well may see a lot of playing time in the future.
---from herald-citizen.com: Golden, a standout from Cincinnati, played in all 13 games for the Fighting Illini last season, primarily on special teams. He finished with 32 yards on eight carries, a reception for 12 yards and returned four kicks for 52 yards. His career-high game was six carries for 29 yards and a catch for 12 yards in Illinois' 44-10 win over Purdue.
Golden's high school record at Sycamore High School sounds pretty promising. A four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was the 19th-highest rated tailback by the website. Some sources had him listed as the eighth-best high school player in Ohio.
In his senior campaign, Golden rushed for 1,513 yards with 19 touchdowns, and rushed in his career for a school-record 3,000 yards and 40 touchdowns.
Golden will be the fourth Golden Eagle player on the current roster from Sycamore, joining linebacker Dwight Evans, free safety Marty Jones and wide receiver Alden Olverson.

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 08:19 PM
TTU adds 2 late FBS transfers: Bud Golden, RB from eiu1999's alma mater and favorite team, University of Illinois and Henry Rodgers from U of Memphis. Neither looks to play this Saturday but, Golden very well may see a lot of playing time in the future.
---from herald-citizen.com: Golden, a standout from Cincinnati, played in all 13 games for the Fighting Illini last season, primarily on special teams. He finished with 32 yards on eight carries, a reception for 12 yards and returned four kicks for 52 yards. His career-high game was six carries for 29 yards and a catch for 12 yards in Illinois' 44-10 win over Purdue.
Golden's high school record at Sycamore High School sounds pretty promising. A four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was the 19th-highest rated tailback by the website. Some sources had him listed as the eighth-best high school player in Ohio.
In his senior campaign, Golden rushed for 1,513 yards with 19 touchdowns, and rushed in his career for a school-record 3,000 yards and 40 touchdowns.
Golden will be the fourth Golden Eagle player on the current roster from Sycamore, joining linebacker Dwight Evans, free safety Marty Jones and wide receiver Alden Olverson.

Well he's a smart man for getting out of there.

TTUEagles
September 14th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I thought you hated U of Illinois? I thought I'd get a bigger reaction out of you for my first line above...Just a joke

wheatstraw78
September 14th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Union at UT- Martin-
SEMO at Purdue
Tennessee Statexnodx at Murray State
Austin Peay at Memphis

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I thought you hated U of Illinois? I thought I'd get a bigger reaction out of you for my first line above...Just a joke

Oh I do, the arrogance from Champaign is non stop.

TTUEagles
September 15th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Oh I do, the arrogance from Champaign is non stop.
Univ. of Illinois is to EIU what Univ. of Tenn. is to TTU - in my opinion

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Univ. of Illinois is to EIU what Univ. of Tenn. is to TTU - in my opinion

You mean red headed stepchild?

The football arrogance is bad, but the basketball level is off the charts.

ekufbfan
September 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
You should live in Kentucky and deal with uk fans! And EKU only 20 miles away from them, nauseating on a daily (hourly) basis! Don't get me startedxnonox on that!

ekufbfan
September 15th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Not many giving EKU a chance, all the better if we come out on top. Will be curious however, will folks think EKU is worthy of a ranking OR that Chatty was overrated?
Have a feeling if EKU wins, it will be the same ol' same ol'...ignore EKU, ignore the OVC.

GO EKU!

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Not many giving EKU a chance, all the better if we come out on top. Will be curious however, will folks think EKU is worthy of a ranking OR that Chatty was overrated?
Have a feeling if EKU wins, it will be the same ol' same ol'...ignore EKU, ignore the OVC.

GO EKU!

I hope EKU wins and I think that they will, if your defense shows up.

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 01:00 PM
You should live in Kentucky and deal with uk fans! And EKU only 20 miles away from them, nauseating on a daily (hourly) basis! Don't get me startedxnonox on that!

I know a few UK alums. xbangx

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 02:32 PM
http://jg-tc.com/sports/article_818ce08a-df3d-11e0-996b-001cc4c03286.html

TTUEagles
September 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
I would say given the results of the K-State game, people will take (more) notice of EKU if they can beat UTC.

msupigskin
September 15th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Union at UT- Martin
SEMO at Purdue
Tennessee State at Murray State - Racers won playing with #3 RB last season
Austin Peay at Memphis

Redbirdz
September 15th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Good luck EKU. Pulling for you but let me say Chattanooga is tough. That's a much improved team. I thought JSU would beat them.

eiu1999
September 16th, 2011, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBDGwMzHC1E

EIU/Northwestern recap, along with Tennessee Tech preview.

PAllen
September 16th, 2011, 11:12 AM
SEMO at Purdue

Austin Peay at Memphis