35 Maine Black Bears 51 0
36 Delaware State Hornets 48 0
37 South Dakota State Jackrabbits 45 0
38 Murray State Racers 45 0
39 Holy Cross Crusaders 38 0
40 Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 34 0

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Glad to see Lehigh got some respect in the poll, only dropping one spot. Delaware and UNH, IMO, ought to be flip-flopped.

andy7171
September 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I wonder if it was GannonFan or bluehenbillk who voted Delaware #1.

superman7515
September 12th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Is that really all that received votes or was there some sort of cutoff?

superman7515
September 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM

And who the heck is still voting for Villanova?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Glad to see Lehigh got some respect in the poll, only dropping one spot. Delaware and UNH, IMO, ought to be flip-flopped.

Lehigh dropped four i believe either way 17 is fair imo. Take care of Princeton and they'll likely be in the Top 15 for their showdown against Liberty. Hopefully the Flames can beat JMU.

I had Lehigh 14 last week and left them there. I moved UNH up to 10.

blukeys
September 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Why is it that South Dakota places 13 spots lower than a team it beats by two touchdowns?

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks Andy but I had UD at #10.

bluehenbillk
September 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Why is it that South Dakota places 13 spots lower than a team it beats by two touchdowns?

Honestly, because there really shouldn't be a poll until the September games are done. EWU could be 0-3 by Saturday night....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM
My attempt for the week. I'll give teams the benefit of the doubt until after the 4 game is complete By then the kinks should be worked and it'll be easier to tell the haves from the have nots imo. Plus conference season will be heating up. I try not to punish teams for close wins or "good" losses early in the year.

1: Georgia Southern Eagles
2: Montana State Bobcats
3: William & Mary Tribe
4: Northern Iowa Panthers
5: Eastern Washington Eagles
6: Wofford Terriers
7: North Dakota State Bison
8: Appalachian State Mountaineers
9: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
10: New Hampshire Wildcats
11: Richmond Spiders
12: Montana Grizzlies
13: Southern Illinois Salukis
14: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
15: James Madison Dukes
16: Liberty Flames
17: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
18: Sacramento State Hornets
19: Central Arkansas Bears
20: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
21: Chattanooga Mocs
22: South Carolina State Bulldogs
23: South Dakota Coyotes
24: Cal Poly Mustangs
25: Pennsylvania Quakers

Chatty should be ahead of JSU right now. See how things play out over time.

Skjellyfetti
September 12th, 2011, 12:15 PM
How do you still have EWU in your top 5?

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I had Yale #25, Harvard 21. UNH #15.

And I am the lone number one vote for NDSU.

BlueGoldAg
September 12th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Is it possible to show all the teams that received votes like the Sports Network Poll does? I think many of us are splitting hairs when we cast our votes for teams outside our Top 20. I would like to see just who is getting some recognition even if it is only a handful of votes. My guess is that there is a real possibility of some of these teams moving into the Top 25 as the season progresses. A couple of teams that I voted for at the bottom of my poll didn't show up on the "others getting votes." It would interesting for me to be able to see just where they stand in the eyes of the voters.

superman7515
September 12th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Is it possible to show all the teams that received votes like the Sports Network Poll does? I think many of us are splitting hairs when we cast our votes for teams outside our Top 20. I would like to see just who is getting some recognition even if it is only a handful of votes. My guess is that there is a real possibility of some of these teams moving into the Top 25 as the season progresses. A couple of teams that I voted for at the bottom of my poll didn't show up on the "others getting votes." It would interesting for me to be able to see just where they stand in the eyes of the voters.

I agree. Plus it would be useful for continuing the "Top 25 - How The Fared" posts on the weekend.

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
And who the heck is still voting for Villanova?

better question - Who and why is anyone voting for ODU in the top-25?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
I had Yale #25, Harvard 21. UNH #15.

And I am the lone number one vote for NDSU.

I am really on board with you concerning Yale. I had them at 25 as well. This feels like the year that it all comes together for them.

Harvard isn't in my Top 25 yet. I want to see how they fare against Holy Cross first.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I am really on board with you concerning Yale. I had them at 25 as well. This feels like the year that it all comes together for them.

Harvard isn't in my Top 25 yet. I want to see how they fare against Holy Cross first.

Agreed... my Ivys are still in preseason mode. I think we are the only two voting Yale. Awesome QB, almost everyone back from a 7-3 team.

Brown and Dartmouth might be on the radar too.

Gil Dobie
September 12th, 2011, 12:27 PM

Can't be from Delaware and be the only #1 vote, per homer rule.

frozennorth
September 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
AGS Top 25 September 12, 2011
Others Receiving Votes:
33 North Dakota Fighting Sioux 69 0..

*facepalm*

Name and shame.

Is it possible to list the highest vote a team gets? Or the number of ballots it appears on?

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2011, 12:31 PM
how I voted..

1: Northern Iowa Panthers
2: Georgia Southern Eagles
4: Montana State Bobcats
5: North Dakota State Bison
6: Appalachian State Mountaineers
7: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
8: Wofford Terriers
9: Richmond Spiders
11: Montana Grizzlies
12: Lehigh Mountain Hawks
13: James Madison Dukes
14: Chattanooga Mocs
15: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
17: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
18: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
19: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
20: Central Arkansas Bears
21: South Carolina State Bulldogs
22: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
23: Towson Tigers
24: Villanova Wildcats
25: Sacramento State Hornets

I-16Bandit
September 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Why?

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Why?

Really? Splitting hairs on #1/#2 in the 2nd week? I didn't have UNI or GSU #1...

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
1. William & Mary
2. UNI
3. Chattanooga
4. Montana State
5. Richmond
6. Deleware
7. North Dakota State
8. Wofford
9. Montana
10. App State
11. New Hampshire
12. Georgia Southern
13. Jacksonville State

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Why?

They soundly beat a top 25 team. GA southern destroyed a DII school (yes I know..beat Sanford week 1)...

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Georgia Southern led by a measly 10 points at half over Tusculum.

Gringer1
September 12th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I guess that's why we play 2 halves, huh?

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I guess that's why we play 2 halves, huh?

Why so you can run up the score in the 2nd half?

Apps03
September 12th, 2011, 12:49 PM
1. William & Mary
2. UNI
3. Chattanooga
4. Montana State
5. Richmond
6. Deleware
7. North Dakota State
8. Wofford
9. Montana
10. App State
11. New Hampshire
12. Georgia Southern
13. Jacksonville State

In all seriousness, people like this is why I and probably others do not participate. How can the rest of it be taken seriously?

Gringer1
September 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Why so you can run up the score in the 2nd half?

The starters were out with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The 3rd string was in by the start of the 4th. If the 3rd string scores by running the ball straight ahead, that's not running up the score. Your argument of "you suck because you weren't winning by a lot until you were" doesn't make a bit of sense.

AGSPoll
September 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Is it possible to show all the teams that received votes like the Sports Network Poll does? It would interesting for me to be able to see just where they stand in the eyes of the voters. We were including just the next ten places outside of 25 but for your request I put up the next 5 and will from now on.

jmufan999
September 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
In all seriousness, people like this is why I and probably others do not participate. How can the rest of it be taken seriously?

I think the funniest part is that he settled on #3. If you're going that high, why not just put Chatty at #1?

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The starters were out with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. The 3rd string was in by the start of the 4th. If the 3rd string scores by running the ball straight ahead, that's not running up the score. Your argument of "you suck because you weren't winning by a lot until you were" doesn't make a bit of sense.

Anyone with any sense isnt impressed by a performance in which the number 1 team in the country cant put a d-2 team away until the 2nd half. Oh except they all are. 70 first place votes? Based on what? Someone please tell me how Georgia Southern is anywhere near number 1.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 12th, 2011, 12:58 PM

Of course. Somebody not holding the same opinion is always a good reason not to insert your own.

It's something we do as a community and if you or anyone else doesn't take it seriously that isn't a big concern for me. As individuals there can be some weaknesses but as a community it comes out pretty good.

But it is nice you at least expressed your opinion here.xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM

The funny thing is that anyone who has watched the teams would come to a similar conclusion that I have. And that is that Chattanooga is far better than Georgia Southern or App State.

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I have a hard time believing that if people took the time to really study who played who...and resulting scores...and what other teams your head to head team played (with results)...that both Holy Cross and Towson dont make the Top 25.

At least Towson is just on the outside...but Holy Cross at 39 is a bit much. They absolutely throttled Colgate...and nearly beat a tough UMASS.

Gringer1
September 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The funny thing is that anyone who has watched the teams would come to a similar conclusion that I have. And that is that Chattanooga is far better than Georgia Southern or App State.

Your insane posts are so outlandish I actually think you might just be an App or GSU fan trying to stir up trouble.

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM

Did someone from ODU punch you in the crotch, steal your girlfriend and eat all your food? I mean I didnt vote for them this week but you seem to have quite the hatred for a team that to my knowledge CCSU hasnt even played

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 01:08 PM
My ballot for this week:

2: William & Mary Tribe
3: Appalachian State Mountaineers
4: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
5: Montana Grizzlies
7: Montana State Bobcats
8: Northern Iowa Panthers
9: Eastern Washington Eagles
10: North Dakota State Bison
11: South Carolina State Bulldogs
14: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
15: Liberty Flames
16: Southern Illinois Salukis
17: Sacramento State Hornets
18: Chattanooga Mocs
20: Pennsylvania Quakers
21: Sam Houston State Bearkats
22: Cal Poly Mustangs
23: McNeese State Cowboys
24: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
25: South Dakota Coyotes

I wont drop anyone more than 8 spots for a losss (hence EWU still being in my top 10 despite getting thrashed by USD)

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Ace has a legitimate reason to be pointing out that when you vote...you should be voting on what the team actually has done. My opinion is, I would bet ODU is competing for National titles much sooner rather than later. MUCH SOONER.

That said, wins they have had this season do not do anything to warrant a Top 25 vote. They have beaten two teams that aren't in the Top-50 let alone Top 25. So...if you beat two teams outside of the Top 50, while other teams have a 2-0 record vs. stronger comp...or a 1-1 record vs an FBS and a good FCS team...or a 1-1 record with a close loss to a good FCS team and a win over a good FCS team, you should get more consideration for a Top-25 spot than ODU.

The question comes down to this: based on results...is ODU a consensus team that would beat 100+ teams in FCS. I dont think you can reasonably make that argument today.

chattownmocs
September 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Your insane posts are so outlandish I actually think you might just be an App or GSU fan trying to stir up trouble.

Number 1 team in the country, tied with the worst team in the SOCON at the half. And up by 10 on Tusculum. Chattanooga held Nebraska to 3 yards or less on 58% of their offensive plays. Sure they hit some big plays, because they have different level athletes than FCS by far. And chattanooga pounded the number 11 team in the country (still 17) by 3tds outgaining them by 300 yards and holding them to 17 yards in the 2nd half. You tell me.

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:12 PM
My ballot for this week:

I wont drop anyone more than 8 spots for a losss (hence EWU still being in my top 10 despite getting thrashed by USD)

Ok...i actually think this is a reasonable poll but for two teams: SOUTH CAROLINA STATE and CAL-POLY. Who have they beaten to deserve a #11 and #22 placement?

While I disagree that any IVY should be in, I do think Penn would be a reasonable team to consider based on expectation.

superman7515
September 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Just curious as to your reasoning. If Delaware had been beaten by D2 West Chester or someone had lost to Apprentice School, you believe they should remain in the Top 10 just because they shouldn't drop too far on one game?

andy7171
September 12th, 2011, 01:13 PM
My ballot for this week:

Wow. You must hate Richmond as much as Ace hates ODU!

Skjellyfetti
September 12th, 2011, 01:14 PM
A
That said, wins they have had this season do not do anything to warrant a Top 25 vote.

I don't think you could find 25 teams that have a win warranting a top 25 vote at this point in the season.

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:15 PM

Holy ****...I didnt even see Richmond not there. I hope his SC State should have been Richmond and he missed it. What is worse, the committee didnt question that.

SC State, Penn and Cal Poly and NO RICHMOND = Epic Fail without some solid reasoning that i'd love to hear.

Apps03
September 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=ursus arctos horribilis;1673067]Of course. Somebody not holding the same opinion is always a good reason not to insert your own.
Seriously? Condoning it? You're just as culpable but you have that right.
It's something we do as a community and if you or anyone else doesn't take it seriously that isn't a big concern for me. As individuals there can be some weaknesses but as a community it comes out pretty good.

Thats just my issue, it is taken seriously by most that view it and utilize it. Just wish those that actually voted did. I do agree that, for the most part, it works out each week but all it takes is a couple more idiots and then what will you have? If its just a meaningless power poll like the other socon thread then fine, be as crazy as you want. This however is a poll utilized for important things later in the season. I know, I've seen the threads saying this is not the case.
But it is nice you at least expressed your opinion here.
Thanks for the non-sarcastic post. Good Talk

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM
I don't think you could find 25 teams that have a win warranting a top 25 vote at this point in the season.

Though in some situations, this is a reasonable comment...it is not when applying to ODU. Point is...there are at least 25 teams who have a resume that is much stronger than ODU with any reasonable standard.

There are 25 teams that would, based on play and not expectation, that would beat the 100 teams below them more often than not. I dont think by virtue of the games played so far...that you can say the same about ODU. I think ODU is more than likely--until proven otherwise with some of their CAA games--a team at best in the Top 35 right now.

URMite
September 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Holy ****...I didnt even see Richmond not there. I hope his SC State should have been Richmond and he missed it. What is worse, the committee didnt question that.

SC State, Penn and Cal Poly and NO RICHMOND = Epic Fail without some solid reasoning that i'd love to hear.

People say not to just slide teams around, but I think looking at your poll from last week after making your poll from this week to remind yourself about what happened before this week is a good idea. It gives you a chance to see who was added and deleted.

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Ok...but it still shouldn't discount the fact that Richmond is far more deserving of a spot that Cal Poly, SC State or Penn

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 01:31 PM

No hate my friend (heck I was born in Richmond). I was putting my poll together at the same time as I was working on the numbers for the Big South Pick Em game. That probably is a silly reason for what would be (in your view) a very elementary error

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 01:32 PM
That's two non-elementary errors in two weeks.

Rob Iola
September 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM
My ballot for this week:

FWIW (it's only week 2) there's a solid argument for Richmond being a top 5 team (2-0, both D-1 wins, FBS win even if it was Duke) as demonstrated by them receiving 3 #1 votes - how can you possibly leave them off? I went back and checked the week 1 result thread - you posted your ballot in that thread - and you left off Richmond then as well. Perhaps this points out a limitation in using prior poll positions in determining the current week's order?

Also, I see Lehigh but not New Hampshire...

Rob Iola
September 12th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I think the funniest part is that he settled on #3. If you're going that high, why not just put Chatty at #1?

Because his vote wouldn't have counted then I'm guessing...

URMite
September 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM
In the preseason, all we have are rosters and prior years performance from those rosters. But should polls still consider rosters or only performance in the last two weeks at this point? And is there more to performance than wins & losses? All of this should work itself out in the next 2 to 3 weeks...

As for the CAA, I was more impressed with URI than Maine. I do see ODU at about the same level, although it is hard to be sure even with watching their games because of the level of competition. Of course, if everybody thinks like me, they would all be between 28 and 35, and not be in ORV...

With the top looking lackluster and the bottom showing signs of life could the CAA this year be the MVFC of last year?

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2011, 01:46 PM

Good one Andy! xthumbsupx

This is the exact reason fan polling is absurd. Richmond, a CAA team, beat Duke and a decent Wagner squad and this guy doesn't have them in the top-25. Another huge mistake!

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 01:49 PM
What's ironic as I think about it is that I left Sacramento State off Week 1 and they lost the very next game...Richmond is off this week but I dont expect them to lose to VMI so all will be right once again come next Monday

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2011, 01:50 PM
As for the CAA, I was more impressed with URI than Maine. I do see ODU at about the same level, although it is hard to be sure even with watching their games because of the level of competition.

Really? A URI team that beat New Hampshire, 'Nova, and UMass last year and opened on the road this season with an impressive game vs. Syracuse is about the same level as ODU's wins vs Campbell and GA State?

URMite
September 12th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Ok...but it still shouldn't discount the fact that Richmond is far more deserving of a spot that Cal Poly, SC State or Penn

I agree. I was actually trying to state that if you keep last weeks poll (yours or AGS) to review then you are less likely to leave someone off unintentionally.

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Also true...as I said, I was working on two things at the same time (the pick em contest I run and my AGS poll) and didnt have my poll ballot from week 1 in front of me (I actually have to have both CS and AGS up together because I have to calculate picks from both sites since it runs concurrently on the two). Of course Dane96 and ace dont care as I think they would have trashed me for that even if I got a call that my sister has been killed in a car accident and I got the call while I was working on my ballot last night

msupokes1
September 12th, 2011, 02:34 PM
how I voted..

Wow. No Eastern Washington in the poll at all. Kind of harsh isn't it?

Side Judge
September 12th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Wow. No Eastern Washington in the poll at all. Kind of harsh isn't it?

Bottom line - ya gotta win right?

andy7171
September 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM
What's ironic as I think about it is that I left Sacramento State off Week 1 and they lost the very next game...Richmond is off this week but I dont expect them to lose to VMI so all will be right once again come next Monday

It's all good. It's happened to all of us at one time or another, ESPECIALLY, this early in the season. I only noticed that Richmond was off the list, because I am one of Richmond's three #1 votes.

Monarch History
September 12th, 2011, 02:42 PM

As I said in another thread, I completely agree that ODU shouldn't be in the same discussion when discussing the top FCS teams at this time. With your posts in several threads I'm just curious about why the obsession with the Monarchs?

I-16Bandit
September 12th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Really? Splitting hairs on #1/#2 in the 2nd week? I didn't have UNI or GSU #1...

Was just wondering the reasoning. Never said that GSU should be #1.

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2011, 02:47 PM

No..that was an oversight I didn't catch. My mistake.

msupokes1
September 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM

Sure you gotta win but 0-2 Villanova was in his poll with two blow out losses. EWU is the reigning national champion and should have beat Washington to open the year. There is no way they are not one of the top twenty five teams in FCS. I am in no way a EWU fan (still bitter about the 2007 beating McNeese took in the playoffs) but there is just absolutely no way you can say they are not a top twenty five team. I hope he just accidently over looked them and that wasn't intentional.

msupokes1
September 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
No..that was an oversight I didn't catch. My mistake.

That's what I thought but just making sure. LOL

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Sure you gotta win but 0-2 Villanova was in his poll with two blow out losses. EWU is the reigning national champion and should have beat Washington to open the year. There is no way they are not one of the top twenty five teams in FCS. I am in no way a EWU fan (still bitter about the 2007 beating McNeese took in the playoffs) but there is just absolutely no way you can say they are not a top twenty five team. I hope he just accidently over looked them and that wasn't intentional.

unintentional.

andy7171
September 12th, 2011, 02:50 PM
As I said in another thread, I completely agree that ODU shouldn't be in the same discussion when discussing the top FCS teams at this time. With your posts in several threads I'm just curious about why the obsession with the Monarchs?

Because Ace is a CCSU fan, whose conference gets banged up all the time for being weak. CCSU's schedule has been considerabley harder than yours the last two season, on which your reputation is soaring on. Now that is all going to change in the coming weeks.
You will be judged on that performance on the field, up until now, it's all been based on attendance numbers and a close game with the Tribe.

URMite
September 12th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Really? A URI team that beat New Hampshire, 'Nova, and UMass last year and opened on the road this season with an impressive game vs. Syracuse is about the same level as ODU's wins vs Campbell and GA State?

There is more to a team than SOS. I see URI, Towson, Maine, ODU as spoilers in the CAA, in that order. Nova is the one who hasn't shown anything on the field this year yet. If URI beats UMass this week, they move up into the playoff contender category. ODU on the other hand, only needs one bad game to appear more like a doormat. So far, this year and last, they have lost every game (but no blowouts) against good teams and beaten every game against bad ones. From watching them, they seem remind me of some of the better MEAC teams from the past.

My original comment was about URI not being in ORV. I would not leave any of the spoilers out of the top 40 intentionally but wouldn't put any in the top 25 either. (Which if everybody did the same, WOULD leave them out of the top 40...)

How would you rank the CAA teams?

BlueGoldAg
September 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
We were including just the next ten places outside of 25 but for your request I put up the next 5 and will from now on.

Thanks very much...next 15 is plenty...

Spiderbone
September 12th, 2011, 03:39 PM
My ballot for this week:

I think you forgot the Spiders....guess they are 26th in your poll.

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 03:42 PM
We've already been over that Spiderbone...I acknowledged an oversight because I was working on the Big South Pick Em while doing my ballot

Spiderbone
September 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
understood....no problemo!

molly
September 12th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hey bjtheflamesfan, you left UR and UNH off your poll. ;-)

Mountaineer
September 12th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Because Ace is a CCSU fan, whose conference gets banged up all the time for being weak. CCSU's schedule has been considerabley harder than yours the last two season, on which your reputation is soaring on. Now that is all going to change in the coming weeks.
You will be judged on that performance on the field, up until now, it's all been based on attendance numbers and a close game with the Tribe.

Damn, check out the one Twoson guy getting all uppity after the 2-0 start. xsmileyclapx

401ks
September 12th, 2011, 04:24 PM
how I voted..

xeyebrowx

What has Jacksonville State done this year to be included in the Top 25 at all, much less twice??

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM
xeyebrowx

What has Jacksonville State done this year to be included in the Top 25 at all, much less twice??

That's not good. I figured the software made it impossible for duplicate voting.

bjtheflamesfan
September 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hey bjtheflamesfan, you left UR and UNH off your poll. ;-) I dont normally drop a team more than 8 spots after a loss, although seeing the Cats get thrashed like they did (now who was it that touted UNH's record against FBS over recent history...havent heard from them much of late)

soccerguy315
September 12th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Ace has a legitimate reason to be pointing out that when you vote...you should be voting on what the team actually has done. My opinion is, I would bet ODU is competing for National titles much sooner rather than later. MUCH SOONER.

That said, wins they have had this season do not do anything to warrant a Top 25 vote. They have beaten two teams that aren't in the Top-50 let alone Top 25. So...if you beat two teams outside of the Top 50, while other teams have a 2-0 record vs. stronger comp...or a 1-1 record vs an FBS and a good FCS team...or a 1-1 record with a close loss to a good FCS team and a win over a good FCS team, you should get more consideration for a Top-25 spot than ODU.

The question comes down to this: based on results...is ODU a consensus team that would beat 100+ teams in FCS. I dont think you can reasonably make that argument today.

This is the problem with early season polls... no one in this thread has mentioned W&M sitting comfortably in the top 5, based on what? Getting slaughtered by UVA and a solid (but not impressive) showing against VMI? Is that worthy of being in the top 5?

(just for the record, I am a W&M fan)

DJnva
September 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM

ODU is receiving votes in the FCS Sports Network Poll.

WM2001
September 12th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I wish W&M was as good as some of you think.

inpsite1919
September 12th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Ok...i actually think this is a reasonable poll but for two teams: SOUTH CAROLINA STATE and CAL-POLY. Who have they beaten to deserve a #11 and #22 placement?

While I disagree that any IVY should be in, I do think Penn would be a reasonable team to consider based on expectation.
I agree SCSU is still unproven on the offensive side of the ball. They are in desire need of a identity. Hopefully by the end of the season they will begin to click. We have a big game this Saturday vs Indiana. If the offense plays a decent game I know they will when the game, because that defense is a beast. The defense needs to be allowed to rest

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2011, 06:08 PM
xeyebrowx

And we find where I left out Ewu. Good catch

TwoFeathers
September 12th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Tribe is over-rated at #5. So is Richmond at #7.

TwoFeathers
September 12th, 2011, 07:01 PM

And somehow that D gave up 21 points to Tusculum... what the? I should reserve my comments until after the Tribe plays New Haven this weekend ;)

TwoFeathers
September 12th, 2011, 07:07 PM
My ballot for this week:

Everyone is putting way to much confidence in the Tribe... Paulus was something like 8-35 in his first 6 quarters of play.

tribefan40
September 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Here is my vote for the week:

2: Northern Iowa Panthers
3: Montana State Bobcats
4: William & Mary Tribe
10: Eastern Washington Eagles
11: New Hampshire Wildcats
13: Montana Grizzlies
17: James Madison Dukes
20: Sacramento State Hornets
21: Southern Illinois Salukis
22: Towson Tigers
23: Maine Black Bears
24: South Carolina State Bulldogs
25: Rhode Island Rams

Holy Cross was my 25b.

Judge away....

Fear the Bird
September 12th, 2011, 07:35 PM
xeyebrowx

I have been saying this since last year!

Fear the Bird
September 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM

FWIW i domt think we are homers as a fan base I for one dropped them a few spots for that underwhelming performance vs WC

straightshooter
September 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM
And somehow that D gave up 21 points to Tusculum... what the? I should reserve my comments until after the Tribe plays New Haven this weekend ;)
Actually the D gave up 14 in the first half and none in the second. Third score came off of a special teams mishap. A couple of missed assignments will do that.

UIWWildthing
September 12th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Towson getting closer and closer...

ngineer
September 12th, 2011, 08:30 PM
I agree with the poll pretty much, but agree with some above comments: How a can anyone be voting for Villanova, even for dogcatcher at this point? Incredulous.

ngineer
September 12th, 2011, 08:32 PM

At this point in the season most schools are over-rated, and alot are under-rated. No credible poll exists until October.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 12th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Here's mine:

4: Wofford Terriers
5: Montana State Bobcats
6: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
7: Montana Grizzlies
8: North Dakota State Bison
10: Appalachian State Mountaineers
13: Maine Black Bears
15: Eastern Washington Eagles
16: Towson Tigers
17: Holy Cross Crusaders
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
19: Rhode Island Rams
20: South Carolina State Bulldogs
21: James Madison Dukes
22: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
23: Liberty Flames
24: Old Dominion Monarchs

Since it's so early in the season I'm still factoring in results from last year, momentum behind certain teams, how teams played in games that they lost, and a gut feeling here and there. I do a bit of team-sliding, and a bit of just punching in teams that are impressive. It's pretty easy-in/easy-out this early. Looking at it today I might have been a bit generous to Maine, Holy Cross, and Towson, but I have a good feeling about all of those teams, and all seem to be on an upswing momentum-wise. It's strange, but I'm more worried about Delaware's games @ Maine, @Towson, and @Rhody this year than the one @'Nova.

B&G
September 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM

You could say the same about App State. At least SCSU beat a playoff team from last year that was ranked Top 25 in 2011.

Spiderbone
September 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM

I agree, Richmond looked good against Duke, but shaky against Wagner (5 turnovers in the first half) I would have kept them at #9. Bill and Mary did get crushed by UVA and should have beaten VMI by a whole hell of a lot more than they did.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2011, 09:15 PM
People say not to just slide teams around, but I think looking at your poll from last week after making your poll from this week to remind yourself about what happened before this week is a good idea. It gives you a chance to see who was added and deleted.

I took my poll, the teams from other polls and OVR that I didn't include, and ranked them based on their resume over the first 2 weeks.

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I'm super excited to argue with you guys about my vote. :D

Once again, I do not slide teams around in my poll, I compare them week to week, so if a deserving team who gets left out can be added in their proper place, or a team that was highly touted with a bad win can drop out, especially if they don't have any wins that have proven themselves.

1: Richmond Spiders - 2-0 with an FBS win. Maybe too high at this point, but I like their resume so far.

2: Northern Iowa Panthers - After watching ISU against Iowa, and assuming SFA is decent, I thought about putting UNI at #1, but didn't want a homer vote.

3: Montana State Bobcats - The Bobcats win over UC-D seems good. Utah game is hard to get much out of at this point.

4: South Dakota Coyotes - One of the best FCS wins on the resume this far. Wish I would have watched the game. Once again, I don't slide, so they could plummet like a rock if it was a fluke win or if EWU ends up being down.

5: Eastern Washington Eagles- Seems like EWU may have gotten caught in a trap. Coming off the emotional game with EWU, Montana the next week. Looking at it now I wonder, but the next couple teams below them don't have much on the resume yet either.

6: Georgia Southern Eagles- High expectations. 2-0. Could maybe be a little bit higher, but best win is Samford.

7: Sacramento State Hornets- Any FBS win seems like a good one. Coming off an emotional FBS win. SUU is pretty good. Went on the road like EWU. We'll see how that plays out. Better wins than NDSU or Wofford.

8: North Dakota State Bison- High expectations, properly blew out some cupcakes. Let's get to the meat.

9: Wofford Terriers- barely beat the Blue Hose, but hung in with Clemson. Hard to read.

10: Montana Grizzlies- Smoked by UT, played a much better game against a good CPU team.

11: New Hampshire Wildcats- Saw some good against Toledo, Toledo showed they are pretty legit, beat Lehigh AT Lehigh.

12: Appalachian State Mountaineers- Hard to say where they belong.

13: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers- Probably a little high. How good is the Furman win?

14: Central Arkansas Bears- Took La Tech to the wire, might be a little high. Liked what I saw.

15: Southern Utah Thunderbirds- Close loss on the road in week one, good win in week two. I like them around this spot. Maybe a little high.

16: Lehigh Mountain Hawks - Took UNH to the OT.

17: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks - Hard to say if this SFA team is Top 25 worthy.

18: Maine Black Bears- Played well against Pitt. Liked what I saw.

19: William & Mary Tribe- Not as high on them as everyone else. Have seen many W&M supporters agree.

20: Chattanooga Mocs- Cautiously optimistic.

21: McNeese State Cowboys- Maybe

22: South Dakota State Jackrabbits - I wonder about them...

23: South Carolina State Bulldogs - They beat BCC. I figured I'd rank the winner. Saw some decent stuff.

24: Holy Cross Crusaders - They've got some test coming.

25: Rhode Island Rams - Looked good against the Cuse.

Hack away

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Also true...as I said, I was working on two things at the same time (the pick em contest I run and my AGS poll) and didnt have my poll ballot from week 1 in front of me (I actually have to have both CS and AGS up together because I have to calculate picks from both sites since it runs concurrently on the two). Of course Dane96 and ace dont care as I think they would have trashed me for that even if I got a call that my sister has been killed in a car accident and I got the call while I was working on my ballot last night

WTF...seriously, get meds.

Dane96
September 12th, 2011, 10:53 PM
You could say the same about App State. At least SCSU beat a playoff team from last year that was ranked Top 25 in 2011.

Which is why APP State, which started way up in my Pre-Season Top 5...is barely hanging onto a TOP 25 slot in my poll...and I was really considering removing them. As for Bethune (your playoff team), they are perennially overrated...yours truly did so last year...and we are always disappointed by the MEAC in the playoffs.

So beating Bethune is not a biggie for me right now.

citdog
September 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=ursus arctos horribilis;1673067]Of course. Somebody not holding the same opinion is always a good reason not to insert your own.
Seriously? Condoning it? You're just as culpable but you have that right.

Thats just my issue, it is taken seriously by most that view it and utilize it. Just wish those that actually voted did. I do agree that, for the most part, it works out each week but all it takes is a couple more idiots and then what will you have? If its just a meaningless power poll like the other socon thread then fine, be as crazy as you want. This however is a poll utilized for important things later in the season. I know, I've seen the threads saying this is not the case.
But it is nice you at least expressed your opinion here.
Thanks for the non-sarcastic post. Good Talk

if you can't be bothered to take the time to vote then shut your whore mouth and quit your *****ing.

straightshooter
September 12th, 2011, 11:42 PM

Once again, I do not slide teams around in my poll, I compare them week to week, so if a deserving team who gets left out can be added in their proper place, or a team that was highly touted with a bad win can drop out, especially if they don't have any wins that have proven themselves.

1: Richmond Spiders - 2-0 with an FBS win. Maybe too high at this point, but I like their resume so far.

2: Northern Iowa Panthers - After watching ISU against Iowa, and assuming SFA is decent, I thought about putting UNI at #1, but didn't want a homer vote.

3: Montana State Bobcats - The Bobcats win over UC-D seems good. Utah game is hard to get much out of at this point.

4: South Dakota Coyotes - One of the best FCS wins on the resume this far. Wish I would have watched the game. Once again, I don't slide, so they could plummet like a rock if it was a fluke win or if EWU ends up being down.

5: Eastern Washington Eagles- Seems like EWU may have gotten caught in a trap. Coming off the emotional game with EWU, Montana the next week. Looking at it now I wonder, but the next couple teams below them don't have much on the resume yet either.

6: Georgia Southern Eagles- High expectations. 2-0. Could maybe be a little bit higher, but best win is Samford.

7: Sacramento State Hornets- Any FBS win seems like a good one. Coming off an emotional FBS win. SUU is pretty good. Went on the road like EWU. We'll see how that plays out. Better wins than NDSU or Wofford.

8: North Dakota State Bison- High expectations, properly blew out some cupcakes. Let's get to the meat.

9: Wofford Terriers- barely beat the Blue Hose, but hung in with Clemson. Hard to read.

10: Montana Grizzlies- Smoked by UT, played a much better game against a good CPU team.

11: New Hampshire Wildcats- Saw some good against Toledo, Toledo showed they are pretty legit, beat Lehigh AT Lehigh.

13: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers- Probably a little high. How good is the Furman win?

14: Central Arkansas Bears- Took La Tech to the wire, might be a little high. Liked what I saw.

15: Southern Utah Thunderbirds- Close loss on the road in week one, good win in week two. I like them around this spot. Maybe a little high.

17: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks - Hard to say if this SFA team is Top 25 worthy.

19: William & Mary Tribe- Not as high on them as everyone else. Have seen many W&M supporters agree.

23: South Carolina State Bulldogs - They beat BCC. I figured I'd rank the winner. Saw some decent stuff.

Hack away

Seven teams from the west in your Top 10...dream on...

JMUNJ08
September 13th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Here's mine:

4: Wofford Terriers
5: Montana State Bobcats
6: Delaware Fightin' Blue Hens
7: Montana Grizzlies
8: North Dakota State Bison
10: Appalachian State Mountaineers
13: Maine Black Bears
15: Eastern Washington Eagles
16: Towson Tigers
17: Holy Cross Crusaders
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
19: Rhode Island Rams
20: South Carolina State Bulldogs
21: James Madison Dukes
22: Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
23: Liberty Flames
24: Old Dominion Monarchs

Since it's so early in the season I'm still factoring in results from last year, momentum behind certain teams, how teams played in games that they lost, and a gut feeling here and there. I do a bit of team-sliding, and a bit of just punching in teams that are impressive. It's pretty easy-in/easy-out this early. Looking at it today I might have been a bit generous to Maine, Holy Cross, and Towson, but I have a good feeling about all of those teams, and all seem to be on an upswing momentum-wise. It's strange, but I'm more worried about Delaware's games @ Maine, @Towson, and @Rhody this year than the one @'Nova.

I wanted to put 9 CAA teams in there but felt awkward about it. No ODU or Maine for me but Maine is ALOT closer than ODU for me.

Also, is Rhody #41 in this week's poll? sad they didn't make the top 40 at least with some people getting the chance to actually see them vs. the 'Cuse

WrenFGun
September 13th, 2011, 06:28 AM
My ballot for this week:

Where is New Hampshire? If they're not in your poll, which I might not argue with, Lehigh certainly shouldn't be..

TheRevSFA
September 13th, 2011, 07:13 AM

Hack away

Actually I agree with where you put SFA, but not your comments. They hung in with UNI even with the turnovers and horrible officiating (Yes..I said it)..and the team they blew out 82-6 beat UTSA...atleast they are bottom top 25

Dane96
September 13th, 2011, 07:16 AM
UTSA is not a good football team, so McMurry beating them is no great shakes in a comparison....but I have SFA decently high as well...and I am sure they will stick to the "Hey, we roll up big scores during the regular season and blow it in the playoffs" philosophy.

TheRevSFA
September 13th, 2011, 07:24 AM
UTSA is not a good football team, so McMurry beating them is no great shakes in a comparison....but I have SFA decently high as well...and I am sure they will stick to the "Hey, we roll up big scores during the regular season and blow it in the playoffs" philosophy.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?

clenz
September 13th, 2011, 07:38 AM
terrible reasoning

Dane96
September 13th, 2011, 07:42 AM
I'd hope BJ takes everyones comments to heart for his next weeks poll. I didnt even see he had Lehigh in and UNH out.

underdawg
September 13th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Hack away

Forget about somebody that you play pretty soon?xlolx Some Panther brains may need a kick in the head by a Dawg to work properlyxlolx

Twentysix
September 13th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Just wanna point out, if you take all the mistake votes for UND, NDSU is ranked #5. 1970.

clenz
September 13th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Not all UND votes are supposed to be NDSU...I know mine wasn't....

bincitysioux
September 13th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'm the one who gave Delaware the #1 vote..................

I made out a preseason poll to work off of, and had Delaware #2 based on last season's results. They benefitted in my poll from EWU's loss..................

Twentysix
September 13th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Not all UND votes are supposed to be NDSU...I know mine wasn't....

You're a wet pussy? lmao nice pic

Ronbo
September 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM

Hack away

Do any of you even look at stats on games?

Montana wasn't exactly smoked by Tennessee. The stats were close even though Tennessee left in their starters till 9:00 to go in the game. We forced 6 fumbles and got none, and we gave up 3 turnovers and one was a pick 6. Did you even look at the stats before you made this comment? We held an SEC team to 2.8 average yards rushing. One Tennessee fan posted that the stats were similar to an SEC team playing another SEC team. Tennessee beat a good Cincinnati team just as bad and put up 530 yards on them, had 33 first downs to Bearcat's 18.

............Montana...Tenn

FIRST DOWNS 18 19
Rushing 8 8
Passing 9 9
Penalty 1 2
RUSHING YARDAGE 111 128
Yards gained rushing 138 153
Yards lost rushing 27 25
Rushing Attempts 30 46
Average Per Rush 3.7 2.8
Average Per Game 111.0 128.0
TDs Rushing 1 2
PASSING YARDAGE 235 311
Comp-Att-Int 20-38-1 18-25-0
Average Per Pass 6.2 12.4
Average Per Catch 11.8 17.3
Average Per Game 235.0 311.0
TDs Passing 1 3
TOTAL OFFENSE 346 439
Total Plays 68 71
Average Per Play 5.1 6.2
Average Per Game 346.0 439.0
KICK RETURNS: #-Yards 7-114 3-100
PUNT RETURNS: #-Yards 1-2 5-23
INT RETURNS: #-Yards 0-0 1-37
KICK RETURN AVERAGE 16.3 33.3
PUNT RETURN AVERAGE 2.0 4.6
INT RETURN AVERAGE 0.0 37.0
FUMBLES-LOST 2-2 6-0
PENALTIES-Yards 4-44 6-40
Average Per Game 44.0 40.0
PUNTS-Yards 8-342 4-149
Average Per Punt 42.8 37.2
Net punt average 39.9 36.8
TIME OF POSSESSION/Game 24:41 35:19
3RD-DOWN Conversions 7/16 10/17
3rd-Down Pct 44% 59%
4TH-DOWN Conversions 0/1 1/3
4th-Down Pct 0% 33%
SACKS BY-Yards 3-21 0-0
MISC YARDS 0 0
TOUCHDOWNS SCORED 2 6
FIELD GOALS-ATTEMPTS 0-0 0-0
ON-SIDE KICKS 0-0 0-0
RED-ZONE SCORES (1-2) 50% (3-4) 75%
RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (1-2) 50% (3-4) 75%
PAT-ATTEMPTS (2-2) 100% (6-6) 100%
ATTENDANCE 0 94661
Games/Avg Per Game 0/0 1/94661
Neutral Site Games 0/0

Twentysix
September 13th, 2011, 09:45 AM
hahaha just saw the CPU thing. The Cal poly processors.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 13th, 2011, 10:23 AM
I dont normally drop a team more than 8 spots after a loss, although seeing the Cats get thrashed like they did (now who was it that touted UNH's record against FBS over recent history...havent heard from them much of late)

Did you happen to notice how well Toledo did at Ohio State on Saturday? xbangx Yes, they lost, but only by five points and they were in the red zone for the go ahead TD when they didn't convert on 4th down as time was expiring.

Doesn't the win over a team in the middle of your poll at their place, a playoff team from last year, count for something? Again, the question was how do you have Lehigh in your poll but not UNH? xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 10:46 AM
God I love this stuff. All of it.xlolx

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Seven teams from the west in your Top 10...dream on...

I didn't know we did regional voting. A lot of east coast teams have only played FBS and Sub D-I. Doesn't help much.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Forget about somebody that you play pretty soon?xlolx Some Panther brains may need a kick in the head by a Dawg to work properlyxlolx

I watched SIU this week. Still not that impressed. Like I said, if they are better than I thought, I can rank them as high as I want next week. I'm not sold on SEMO, and don't care that the stats were close this past week.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Do any of you even look at stats on games?

Montana wasn't exactly smoked by Tennessee. The stats were close even though Tennessee left in their starters till 9:00 to go in the game. We forced 6 fumbles and got none, and we gave up 3 turnovers and one was a pick 6. Did you even look at the stats before you made this comment? We held an SEC team to 2.8 average yards rushing. One Tennessee fan posted that the stats were similar to an SEC team playing another SEC team. Tennessee beat a good Cincinnati team just as bad and put up 530 yards on them, had 33 first downs to Bearcat's 18.

............Montana...Tenn

FIRST DOWNS 18 19
Rushing 8 8
Passing 9 9
Penalty 1 2
RUSHING YARDAGE 111 128
Yards gained rushing 138 153
Yards lost rushing 27 25
Rushing Attempts 30 46
Average Per Rush 3.7 2.8
Average Per Game 111.0 128.0
TDs Rushing 1 2
PASSING YARDAGE 235 311
Comp-Att-Int 20-38-1 18-25-0
Average Per Pass 6.2 12.4
Average Per Catch 11.8 17.3
Average Per Game 235.0 311.0
TDs Passing 1 3
TOTAL OFFENSE 346 439
Total Plays 68 71
Average Per Play 5.1 6.2
Average Per Game 346.0 439.0
KICK RETURNS: #-Yards 7-114 3-100
PUNT RETURNS: #-Yards 1-2 5-23
INT RETURNS: #-Yards 0-0 1-37
KICK RETURN AVERAGE 16.3 33.3
PUNT RETURN AVERAGE 2.0 4.6
INT RETURN AVERAGE 0.0 37.0
FUMBLES-LOST 2-2 6-0
PENALTIES-Yards 4-44 6-40
Average Per Game 44.0 40.0
PUNTS-Yards 8-342 4-149
Average Per Punt 42.8 37.2
Net punt average 39.9 36.8
TIME OF POSSESSION/Game 24:41 35:19
3RD-DOWN Conversions 7/16 10/17
3rd-Down Pct 44% 59%
4TH-DOWN Conversions 0/1 1/3
4th-Down Pct 0% 33%
SACKS BY-Yards 3-21 0-0
MISC YARDS 0 0
TOUCHDOWNS SCORED 2 6
FIELD GOALS-ATTEMPTS 0-0 0-0
ON-SIDE KICKS 0-0 0-0
RED-ZONE SCORES (1-2) 50% (3-4) 75%
RED-ZONE TOUCHDOWNS (1-2) 50% (3-4) 75%
PAT-ATTEMPTS (2-2) 100% (6-6) 100%
ATTENDANCE 0 94661
Games/Avg Per Game 0/0 1/94661
Neutral Site Games 0/0

Do I need to look at the stats if I was there? xrolleyesx ;)

Also...are you mad on the ranking, or the smoked comment?

Twentysix
September 13th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Do I need to look at the stats if I was there? xrolleyesx ;)

Also...are you mad on the ranking, or the smoked comment?

He is just mad that the griz might start another long standing tradition of 16 years with no playoffs, starting last year. :D

I keed i keed.

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I watched SIU this week. Still not that impressed.. Like I said, if they are better than I thought, I can rank them as high as I want next week. I'm not sold on SEMO, and don't care that the stats were close this past week.

:D

Either you didn't watch SIU this week or you don't know what you're looking at.

Not impressed with:

outgaining an SEC offense by 100+ yards?

223 yards rushing @ a 5.9 ypc clip?

Ole Miss having play their starters the whole game?

holding an SEC offense to 315 yards and 3-9 on third down?

going 3-3 on 4th down?

eight explosive plays, four for 40+ yards, including a 74 yard run?

Now, obviously Ole Miss isn't LSU, but they would do very well in the MVC.xcoffeex

I thought you were a student of the game, Rob, but you're letting your heart over rule your head.xnodx xlolx

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Probably weren't impressed with NT Kayon Swanson's national Defensive Player of the Week performance either: 8 tackles, 3 TFL, 2.0 sacks? Taking Ole Miss's Rimington candidate to school? lol.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 02:46 PM
I thought you were a student of the game, Rob, but you're letting your heart over rule your head.xnodx xlolx

Stats can be manipulated.

You might be right if I had any hatred at all for SIU.

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Stats can be manipulated.

You might be right if I had any hatred at all for SIU.

That's why you have to read a little deeper, Rob. It's there if you have the eyes to see. Little things like TOP, 3-3 on 4th down, number of big plays against SEC athletes.....gotta read between the lines....

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 03:09 PM
That's why you have to read a little deeper, Rob. It's there if you have the eyes to see. Little things like TOP, 3-3 on 4th down, number of big plays against SEC athletes.....gotta read between the lines....

I'm pretty sure it ain't hate but it may have something to do with Rob not being totally invested the team. I know he likes Montana just fine and all but he throws out terms like "got smashed" and means nothing by it other than the Griz got a good beating on the score. Now Griz fans that watched the game as well came away with something different that "got smashed" because of what they saw.

Your outlook just depends on your point of view.:D

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it ain't hate but it may have something to do with Rob not being totally invested the team. I know he likes Montana just fine and all but he throws out terms like "got smashed" and means nothing by it other than the Griz got a good beating on the score. Now Griz fans that watched the game as well came away with something different that "got smashed" because of what they saw.

Exactly. Purely on the score board. Just like SIU, Montana could have hung in...had they not had mistakes and turnovers and... :)

It all works out it the end. :)

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure it ain't hate but it may have something to do with Rob not being totally invested the team. I know he likes Montana just fine and all but he throws out terms like "got smashed" and means nothing by it other than the Griz got a good beating on the score. Now Griz fans that watched the game as well came away with something differentthat "got smashed" because of what they saw.

Exactly. There are observers and intelligent observers.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Exactly. Purely on the score board. Just like SIU, Montana could have hung in...had they not had mistakes and turnovers and... :)

It all works out it the end. :)

It really does. That's why I like seeing people's different ways of going about things. It always comes around to nearly the same conclusions a few weeks down the road.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Exactly. There are observers and intelligent observers.

Jeez, you guys are going at it like cats & dogs.

*punches self in the nuts for being a hack*

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Just wanna point out, if you take all the mistake votes for UND, NDSU is ranked #5. 1970.

OMG!!!! Are you going to say this every week. Give it up. Lakes made fun of the thought that people mistake UND for NDSU. Well I guess Lakes was wrong huh?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 04:24 PM
OMG!!!! Are you going to say this every week. Give it up. Lakes made fun of the thought that people mistake UND for NDSU. Well I guess Lakes was wrong huh?

That's a rhetorical question right?

Twentysix, there was a #5 vote that got through but two others were change to NDSU so your point total could have a couple (21) points added to it but thinking all the other votes are for you guys is probably erroneous.

ToTheLeft
September 13th, 2011, 04:45 PM
ODU is receiving votes in the FCS Sports Network Poll.

Yes, and the ODU beat writer who has them ranked top 15 is the reason for most, if not all, of the votes.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Yes, and the ODU beat writer who has them ranked top 15 is the reason for most, if not all, of the votes.

TTL! What up brother! Haven't seen ya in a while.

ToTheLeft
September 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
TTL! What up brother! Haven't seen ya in a while.

Not much. Moving all over the place, getting back into the mood for football. :) Good to see ya Ursus.

da_Bison
September 13th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Probably weren't impressed with NT Kayon Swanson's national Defensive Player of the Week performance either: 8 tackles, 3 TFL, 2.0 sacks? Taking Ole Miss's Rimington candidate to school? lol.

I saw the game and was definitely impressed!!

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I saw the game and was definitely impressed!!

14 tackles in two games from a NT is a sign that your DL is pretty good. All about staying healthy now. Before this week I would have said that UNI's Boothby was hands down the best D lineman in the MVC. He might still be but it isn't hands down anymore.

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Jeez, you guys are going at it like cats & dogs.

*punches self in the nuts for being a hack*

Haha what a great pun!

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2011, 06:00 PM
14 tackles in two games from a NT is a sign that your DL is pretty good. All about staying healthy now. Before this week I would have said that UNI's Boothby was hands down the best D lineman in the MVC. He might still be but it isn't hands down anymore.

Having not seen this guy I don't know how good he is, but I am just going to defend our guy on this one. Boothby has 9 tackles and 1 sack in 2 games so far, and has not seen less than 2 people blocking him all year. He came into the season well known and is still performing pretty well. I think he could still be hands down the best, but I guess I haven't seen others yet so I will withhold full judgement.

da_Bison
September 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Swanson was an animal against Ole Miss, im sure he'll do more than his fair share of damage in the MVC. How can you not take notice to SUI stats in this game?
Houndawg is there any highlights out there on this game?

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Swanson was an animal against Ole Miss, im sure he'll do more than his fair share of damage in the MVC. How can you not take notice to SUI stats in this game?

I don't know where they keep the highlights.

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Having not seen this guy I don't know how good he is, but I am just going to defend our guy on this one. Boothby has 9 tackles and 1 sack in 2 games so far, and has not seen less than 2 people blocking him all year. He came into the season well known and is still performing pretty well. I think he could still be hands down the best, but I guess I haven't seen others yet so I will withhold full judgement.

I'm not dissing Boothby at all, he was a beast against us. I'm just saying that it isn't hands down anymore. Ole Miss' returns three starters from the line that allowed the fewest sacks in the SEC last year and whose center is a Rimington candidate and couldn't handle Swanson alone, or with help. They average 6-6/330.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM

If you have access to ESPN3 you can watch the game anytime.

PantherRob82
September 13th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Week 3 Ballot, copy it if you like.

1. Southern Illinois Salukis.
2-25. Doesn't matter.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 13th, 2011, 08:23 PM
xlolx

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Week 3 Ballot, copy it if you like.

1. Southern Illinois Salukis.
2-25. Doesn't matter.

xsmhx

I may be a homer, but I'm not blind. NDSU is in a class by itself that even the Big 10 can only gaze upon from afar.

The only reason I rank us with UNI, and both teams should be in the 10-15 range this week, is that... well,.... we keep beating you.

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm not dissing Boothby at all, he was a beast against us. I'm just saying that it isn't hands down anymore. Ole Miss' returns three starters from the line that allowed the fewest sacks in the SEC last year and whose center is a Rimington candidate and couldn't handle Swanson alone, or with help. They average 6-6/330.

I completely understand I knew you weren't dissing him. I was just saying he has been getting double or triple teamed all year long. Either way both are great players and could have a shot at the next level.

appfan2008
September 14th, 2011, 12:30 PM
5 is probably right for ASU... maybe a little high... we will see once we get into the socon season...

DJnva
September 16th, 2011, 07:43 PM

His vote gave them 13 of their 34 points. So no, not all. Or most.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
xsmhx

I may be a homer, but I'm not blind. NDSU is in a class by itself that even the Big 10 can only gaze upon from afar.

The only reason I rank us with UNI, and both teams should be in the 10-15 range this week, is that... well,.... we keep beating you.

Another attempt at humor I see.

We'll see how the Bison do against Minnesota next week. The Bison could definitely win this one....and probably should. Kill will have a respectable team in a few years but not this year.

I'm sure Swanson could beat the Bison all by himself....right?

Houndawg
September 17th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Another attempt at humor I see.

We'll see how the Bison do against Minnesota next week. The Bison could definitely win this one....and probably should. Kill will have a respectable team in a few years but not this year.

I'm sure Swanson could beat the Bison all by himself....right?

NDUS by two TDs. Gophers are hopelessly over-matched.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM

I don't know if you are serious or taking another swipe at NDSU.....

I'm sure it will be close but after watching some of the Gopher game against N Mexico State, the Bison can win this game.

Houndawg
September 17th, 2011, 09:53 AM
The Gophers are in disarray, should be easy pickings.

PantherRob82
October 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM

I feel really good about my past rankings of SIU today.

Houndawg
October 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM

Thus spaketh the oracle..xcoolx

No_Skill
October 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Thus spaketh the oracle..xcoolx

I get the feeling you only said that as a setup, in hopes that NDSU would lose.