PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Rhode Island vs. Syracuse?

PantherRob82
September 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I watched most of the second half and was pretty impressed until URI's last drive. Anyone else catch it? Just curious on everyone's impressions.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I was extremely impressed by URI. Syracuse's talent level has increased quite a bit the last few years so they're not the pushovers of a few years ago. The Rams will be a threat in the CAA all season. I had URI ranked in my original poll but dropped them out the second go around. They're very close to getting back in.

HensRock
September 11th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I have been giving URI votes in the AGS poll since the pre-season. They impressed me last year and I knew they would improve.
That team is going to surpirise a lot of people this year.

JMUNJ08
September 11th, 2011, 11:51 PM
I have been giving URI votes in the AGS poll since the pre-season. They impressed me last year and I knew they would improve.
That team is going to surpirise a lot of people this year.

This! You must be the other unknown voter the past 2 weeks! I have them solidly in the poll and would really like how they do against the rest of the CAA this year.

Brad82
September 12th, 2011, 06:57 AM
URI looked really good.
Let's hope it carrys over into FCS competition and win column.

Tribe4SF
September 12th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I've been touting URI since last year, and put them in my top 25 this week. With Maine and Towson also looking formidable, the CAA is up for grabs. I'll say it now that Nova may have a hard time avoiding the basemant this year. Their young team may come together, but at the moment I'd see them as underdogs against any of the other ten teams.

HensRock
September 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I'm not ready to annoint Towson. Nova is a paper Wildcat at least at this point for the reasons you stated, Tribe4SF.
That Towson "upset" is not going to be looking like an upset for long.

URI's new coach definitely gave that team some swagger last season. My CAA poll entries this week include W&M, UR, URI, Maine, and UNH (and in THAT order!)
That's right. No UD. No JMU. No Nova. CAA Sacrilege!

Brad82
September 12th, 2011, 08:48 AM
where is the CAA poll?

henfan
September 12th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Rhody's improving, so that can only mean it's time for them to slash schollies and leave the conference.xrotatehx

BlueGoldAg
September 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I watched a bit of the Rams game with Syracuse and was impressed with what I saw. I gave them a nod at #24 in my poll this week.