PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

carney2
September 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Contenders, pretenders and hapless bottom feeders are sorting themselves out fairly early this year.

Week 3 Games:

GEORGETOWN @ Yale

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

Columbia @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Dartmouth

LEHIGH @ Princeton

LAFAYETTE @ Penn

BUCKNELL @ Cornell

The Patriot League is 5-4 Year-to-Date vs. OOC:

vs. Big East 0-1
vs. CAA 0-2
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 3-0
vs. PFL 2-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)

Georgetown 1-0, 2-0
Holy Cross 1-0, 1-1
Bucknell 0-0, 2-0
Lehigh 0-0, 1-1
Fordham* 0-0, 0-1
Colgate 0-1, 1-1
Lafayette 0-1, 0-2

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Dartmouth has some hype around then... they actually may win that game going away... their QB has got game.

RichH2
September 11th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Carney you hve no mercy

carney2
September 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Dartmouth has some hype around then... they actually may win that game going away... their QB has got game.

And Biddle's stable is emptying. His one trick pony is making its final run around the track.

carney2
September 11th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Carney you hve no mercy

I want this season to be over. Pick it up. Move it along. No dawdling.

ColgateTD
September 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
But Carney, we have McCarney...:)

carney2
September 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Since no one is getting with the spirit of this thing I'll get it started.

GEORGETOWN @ Yale – Not a gimme, but probably not close in the end.

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS – Cross on a roll; the Johns in their first game.

Columbia @ FORDHAM – This game drifts year by year toward to a monumental mismatch.

COLGATE @ Dartmouth – Not a 'gate believer when they were ranked; not a believer now.

LEHIGH @ Princeton – Not worth driving across the Delaware for this one.

LAFAYETTE @ Penn – The Quacker “D” could pitch a shutout.

BUCKNELL @ Cornell – Still looking for the wheels to fall off.

Franks Tanks
September 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
GEORGETOWN @ Yale Yale all the way. Witt should have a big year for the Eli's. Yale 33 Hoyas 13

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS Harvard has a ton of talent, but I am on the Holy Cross bandwagon. If this game is later in the year I proably go with Harvard, but they will be working out the first game kinks. Cross 28 Harvard 21

Columbia @ FORDHAM Fordham's talent will be too much. Fordham 24 Columbia 14

COLGATE @ Dartmouth Most difficult game to pick this week. Dartmouth fans think the Big Green will challenge for the Ivy title, but I don't see it. Nate and the Gate will bounce back. Gate 35 Dartmouth 31

LEHIGH @ Princeton Lehigh will put up a ton of points behind Lum and co. Lehigh 45 Princeton 21

LAFAYETTE @ Penn The Leopard offense stinks. Our D is ok and we always play pretty good D against Penn for some reason, but our O is just anemic. Penn 21 Lafayette 3

BUCKNELL @ Cornell This was close game last year and the Bison have learned how to win. Bucknell 21 Cornell 14.

LUHawker
September 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Well, we have a full slate of Ivy-PL match-ups and I fear that the Ivy will have the upper hand this round.

Yale over GTown. GU has beaten poor opponents and gets a reality check with the Bulldogs.
HC over Harvard. If this wasn't Harvard's first game, I might go with the Crimson, but HC is on a roll and is beyond first game stage.
Fordham over Columbia
Colgate rebounds over Dartmouth as Eachus runs wild.
Lehigh over Princeton. I would be a scaredy cat if I was a Princeton fan.
Penn won't help LC find themselves this weekend.
Cornell isn't great but better than Bucknell.

DFW HOYA
September 11th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Georgetown 23, Yale 21
--People forget Yale won on the last play of the game in 2010 versus GU, and the Hoyas are improved.
Holy Cross 28, Harvard 24
--Last two wins provide HC great momentum, and they've won the last two at Fitton vs. Harvard.
Fordham 30, Columbia 9
--Scholarships take their toll in this rivalry
Colgate 20, Dartmouth 10
--The Red Raiders are a better team than this past week, and the Indians aren't there yet.
Lehigh 35, Princeton 17
--Clear the track on the Dinky, here come the Engineers.
Pennsylvania 28, Lafayette 10
--Another road game, and the Lafayette offense isn't there yet.
Cornell 17, Bucknell 14
--Slight nod to the home team, but not much of one.

CFBfan
September 11th, 2011, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=LUHawker;1672356]Well, we have a full slate of Ivy-PL match-ups and I fear that the Ivy will have the upper hand this round.

Yale over GTown. GU has beaten poor opponents and gets a reality check with the Bulldogs.

Remember you said this (LC is 1 of the 2 "poor opponents") when the Pards beat Lehigh!

RichH2
September 11th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I want this season to be over. Pick it up. Move it along. No dawdling.

OK,OK here you go Boss
Yale edges Hoya
Harvard over HC
Rams over Lions
Gate bounces back over Dartmouth
LU over Tigers

Quakers over Pards

Bison over Cornell

LUHawker
September 11th, 2011, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=LUHawker;1672356]Well, we have a full slate of Ivy-PL match-ups and I fear that the Ivy will have the upper hand this round.

Remember you said this (LC is 1 of the 2 "poor opponents") when the Pards beat Lehigh!

Yes, I made that comment intentionally. The Pards are a poor team right now and I am not worrying about the game the Saturday before Turkey Day.

crusader11
September 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not even so sure that the result of the game truly matters for Lafayette. It is a non-conference game and they clearly are not attaining an at large berth to the playoffs (or winning the PL for the matter). However, if I am a Leopard fan, I'd be most interested in actually seeing some energy and wherewithal from the team. To be frank, Lafayette looked like they didn't have much interest in playing Georgetown in DC this weekend...and that starts at the top with Frank Tavani and then trickles down to the captains. Against Penn, I'd like to see Lafayette at least TRY to do some things a little differently on offense. Hell, throw the ball deep to Mitchell Bennett 5 times if that is the best they can do. These 3 yard passes to the flat, running plays inside the tackles, and crossing patterns for 4 yard gains across the middle would infuriate me as a Leopard fan.

As for the defense, they've looked just fine thus far. But, they will eventually become worn down and teams will rack up points on them if more than half of the offenses possessions are 3 and outs. Is Tavani on Dick Biddle's level where he will leave when he feels it is time to go? Is there any pressure on him or the coaching staff to perform? With how things have looked in the first two games, the home game against Bucknell is the next game that Lafayette will have a legitimate chance to win.

crusader11
September 11th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Although, I should add that if some changes are made and the personnel is used correctly, there is no reason Lafayette cannot beat Stony Brook, Fordham, or Yale. I don't think any of these teams are THAT much more talented.

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Sader, as much as Gtown is a Pioneer League team, they still count in the Patriot standings.

CFBfan
September 11th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Sader, as much as Gtown is a Pioneer League team, they still count in the Patriot standings.

Pretty sour grapes comment after losing to them TWO years in a ROW
and if you watched last nights game you saw poor officiating give LC more than they should have had:
a no call when they ran into GU's punter THREE no calls on clear pass interf. and flags that should NOT have been thrown on 2 big plays by GU's offense.
LC's Coach and Fans have shown themselves as thinking WAY to HIGHLY of themsleves this week!

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Pretty sour grapes comment after losing to them TWO years in a ROW
and if you watched last nights game you saw poor officiating give LC more than they should have had:
a no call when they ran into GU's punter THREE no calls on clear pass interf. and flags that should NOT have been thrown on 2 big plays by GU's offense.
LC's Coach and Fans have shown themselves as thinking WAY to HIGHLY of themsleves this week!

Who are you... Lehigh? Can't you tell a sarcastic joke? The rest of the PL thinks the same... and I guess you haven't read the dozens of 'we suck' posts by Pards... really...

Pard4Life
September 11th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Although, I should add that if some changes are made and the personnel is used correctly, there is no reason Lafayette cannot beat Stony Brook, Fordham, or Yale. I don't think any of these teams are THAT much more talented.

Sader, if you wore maroon instead of purple, you would think differently...

LUHawker
September 11th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Who are you... Lehigh? Can't you tell a sarcastic joke? The rest of the PL thinks the same... and I guess you haven't read the dozens of 'we suck' posts by Pards... really...

Uncalled for P4L! LU fans have not been beating on the Pards (too much, anyway) at this stage. We were there not that long ago, so I think we've been reserved. Can't say we will be by the end of November, however.

ngineer
September 11th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Hoyas will be 'chipper' but the Yalies will be better, 29-14

Harvard will have 'the Cross to bear' and stumble, 24-17

Lions will lay down for the Rams, 27-10

Dartmouth starting to resurrect, Colgate struggling. Big Green surprise 31-24

Lehigh's offense is on fire. No reason to think the Tigers can put it out. Mt. Hawks, 42-17.

Who is the idiot who scheduled Laughyette to start on the road the first four weeks? Pards are paying the price. Quakers, 24-6

Bucknell's mojo continues and makes eyebrows arch. Bison 24-21.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2011, 07:59 AM
We are usually a better road team anyhow... yeeeaah.

Franks Tanks
September 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Hoyas will be 'chipper' but the Yalies will be better, 29-14

Harvard will have 'the Cross to bear' and stumble, 24-17

Lions will lay down for the Rams, 27-10

Dartmouth starting to resurrect, Colgate struggling. Big Green surprise 31-24

Lehigh's offense is on fire. No reason to think the Tigers can put it out. Mt. Hawks, 42-17.

Who is the idiot who scheduled Laughyette to start on the road the first four weeks? Pards are paying the price. Quakers, 24-6

Bucknell's mojo continues and makes eyebrows arch. Bison 24-21.

It wouldn't matter if we played on the moon.

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe we can steal and wear Penn's jerseys and leave them with ours?

I don't think the Curse is in play for this game FYI.

Fordham
September 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Gtown
Lehigh
Colgate
HC
Penn
Cornell
I'll go homer and pick us but i'll believe we're for real when we show we have an offense. Quite a bit of sops and true frosh starting, plus Columbia always plays us tough.

CFBfan
September 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Gtown
Lehigh
Colgate
HC
Penn
Cornell
I'll go homer and pick us but i'll believe we're for real when we show we have an offense. Quite a bit of sops and true frosh starting, plus Columbia always plays us tough.

looks like Masella is playing his scholarship kids....

DC 'gater
September 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Yale
Harvard
Columbia
'gate
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell

Pard4Life
September 12th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Yale
Harvard
Columbia
'gate
Lehigh
Lafayette
Bucknell

You might want to check your answer for that Lafayette-Penn game before submitting your work for grading...

Fordhamanhattan
September 12th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Big week for the Jesuit schools against their Ivy masters with Fordham, Cross and Georgetown all posting victories in their respective frays. It must be pointed out that Columbia has more players (10) from Jesuit preps than the Maroon clad, including one from Fordham Prep.
Also expect victories by the former Indians, the former Engineers, the Bison and William Penn's charges.

carney2
September 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't think the Curse is in play for this game FYI.

Not talking about The Curse this year. Rather, it's "that [curse], [curse], [curse] offensive line."

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
To be serious a moment about Lafayette. It honestly will be a week where the Leopards will have to show the world that they're not ready to pack in the season. I'm not saying they need a win over the defending Ivy Champs, but at least a spirited performance and a closer-than-expected game.

I mean, if they lose something like 31-0 to the Quak Attack, the season, already in mid-unravel, might completely come apart. And I am not saying this because I want it to happen. I say this because I am not used to seeing this from the Spotted Crew, and don't want to see it happen.

jimbo65
September 12th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Yale over Gtown. Reality sets in.

Holy Cross wins again.

Rams over Lions

Lehigh over Princeton, I hope.

Quackers over Pards. We visited Quakertown PA over the weekend. The lady on On Star directions referred to it as Quackertown.

Big Red over Bison.

Were it up to me, the PL woulld win all the OOC games.

TheValleyRaider
September 12th, 2011, 04:28 PM
On the one hand, last week was pretty solid at 3-1, which makes me 10-1 for the season so far. I think, though, that you all could guess which game was that 1. Regroup, refocus, and take a look at a full Patriot-Ivy League showdown slate

Georgetown at Yale Yale The undefeated and tied-for-first Hoyas head to New Haven for their first road test of the season. It has been mentioned here, and rightly so, that Georgetown nearly pulled out the victory last year, and confidence has to be riding high after a solid start to the season. Still, Yale projects near the top of the Ivy League, and you could just as easily say the Hoyas' victories (Davidson and Lafayette) aren't really that impressive. I expect a tight one, but the Bowl tilts toward Eli at the end

Harvard at Holy Cross Holy Cross Fresh off two big games, under the lights against UMass and the rout at home against Colgate, the Crusaders now have a third big game against the Ivy favorite Crimson. I thought the Cross would be a contender this year, and so far I still feel that way. With the game at Fitton, and 2 full games already under their belts, the Crusaders move above .500 by dropping the in-state Ivy rival

Columbia at Fordham Fordham The Rams had the weekend off after their big trip to Hartford, and now stay home in the big city to face the local rivals. These games have the tendency to be close, with Columbia improving over the last several seasons. Still not sure how good Fordham with scholarships is this season (games against the Big East tend to cloud the judgment there), but I think the increased talent plus game experience and home field gives an edge to the Rams

Colgate at Dartmouth Colgate Last meeting for a while in what has been a recently recurring matchup. The Raiders got quite a wake-up call about the prospects of their defense in Worcester this past weekend. While Colgate has dominated the recent series (1 Dartmouth win since 1998), the Big Green are being talked about as darkhorses. I'm not yet prepared to discuss the sky falling in Hamilton (though that's called snow, and usually doesn't come until October), and I think the Raiders right the ship, at least for now, up in Hanover against a weaker defensive front and lesser air attack

Lehigh at Princeton Lehigh So close, and yet so far, Lehigh came up just short against UNH in Bethlehem, nearly putting a significant feather in both their and the League's cap. Next up, a road trip to middling Princeton. From a Colgate perspective, the Tigers are the kind of team that if you are not careful can ruin a perfectly good season. In that respect, does Lehigh's close loss allow them to refocus and take out any frustrations remaining from the Wildcats against the less-toothy Tigers? Without speculating on a final margin, I'd say just enough, and Lehigh gets back in the win column

Lafayette at Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Normally when we discuss the Leopards and Quakers, the term "curse" gets thrown around. This year, no such curse seems necessary, as the Leopards have looked fairly toothless getting hammered at NDSU and coming short against Georgetown. Lots of questions still in Easton this year, maybe without answers. A trip to one of the Ivy favorites seems like a difficult way to find answers. I won't be shocked to see a strong effort from Lafayette as they try to build for the rest of the season, but I am less optimistic about their actually beating Penn

Bucknell at Cornell Cornell What to make of these teams? The Bison have two wins, though Duquesne and Marist aren't much to get excited about. Unless, of course, you're coming off a 1-win season and haven't finished above .500 since 2006. Confidence is high in Lewisburg, and that can go a long way. Meanwhile, far above Cayuga's waters, the Big Red look most likely to continually do less with their potential than challenge for Ivy honors. Still, the Bison have struggled of late against some pretty mediocre Cornell teams, taking some big hits in Ithaca. It pains me to choose Red, but I'll need more evidence before I see the Bison buck this trend

van
September 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Like ValleyRaider, I was 3-1 last week and now am 10-1 for the season. And the 1 I was wrong on was a homer pick although only OT kept me from being 11 – 1. This week’s picks seem a lot harder.

Yale over G’town, Hoyas are definitely better, but not quite up to beating a nearly full scholarship team like the Eli.

Harvard might be a better team, but I think that Holy Cross wins based on the Crimson being first time out.

Fordham should win this one, those guys need to start earning their schollies.

Don’t know what to make of Colgate, but suspect they will be mighty pissed and get the win.

Princeton is a trap game for Lehigh, but being first game for Princeton and many seniors on the team they should win handily.

Penn has to be a big favorite over the spotted pussies. I do believe the game could be close however.

Bucknell gets back to normalcy and loses to an improved? Cornell.

jayhawkdaddy
September 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Yale
Holy Cross
Fordham
Colgate
Lehigh
Penn
Cornell

Bogus Megapardus
September 12th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Yale 21 Georgetown 10
Holy Cross 27 Harvard 21
Fordham 24 Columbia 17
Dartmouth 28 Colgate 21
Lehigh 35 Princeton 10
Penn 30 Lafayette 6
Cornell 20 Bucknell 17

Bogus Megapardus
September 12th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Lafayette's new "impact" video used in LSN broadcasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tYGSisGBo&feature=youtu.be

Much too little, too late?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Blink, and you miss Fisher.

ngineer
September 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Blink, and you miss Fisher.

Blink and you miss alot. Purely from a 'presentation' standpoint, it's too "hyper" for me. Maybe it connects with today's high school students, though. Lafayette has a pretty campus and much to offer, and I agree one cannot get 'deep' in a 30 sec. commercial, but after it was over I was wondering what all had passed before my eyes. Was that done 'in house' or via an outside agency? Jus' wonderin.

Bogus Megapardus
September 12th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I don't know who produced it. It's a 30 second television commercial which is being shown on LSN sports broadcasts. It appears to be aimed at college-bound high school students.

This frame was a head-scratcher for me:

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7853/lafhockey.jpg

Huh? Pard 'ockey? Who knew. Bring on them 'saders!

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Well, I am in a bad mood this week so hear it goes:

Fail 35, TV censors 10... Yale offense is the real deal, though it might take awhile to break out during the game. Hoyas pass defense is weak and we finally have a team that is designed to take advantage.

Retardvard 28, Fudamentalist Christians 21... Game of the week, but Harvard has too many weapons for this game. And Harvard QB Colin Winters proved he was "better" than Andrew Luck and Kellen Moore. Winters for Heisman campaign starts today.

Yams 21, Cowardly Lions 17... This game is always much more close than it should be.

Indians 41, Red Raiders 28... Dartmouth is much better than people realize, and they can pass the ball. Colhate has shown some problems here. Advantage Indians.

Turds 48, Terrible Tabbies 17... Not yet Princeton, not yet. Lehigh can score. Touchdowns, not chicks.

Quackers 37, Laughayette 0... In honor of the ten-year anniversary of the worst Pard performance of the Tavani era, until we played NDSU week one. But all right maybe I'm being too sarcastic... Quackers 28, Laughayette 0.

Sucknell 24, SUNY-Ithaca 14... Bison seem motivated with good leadership under their new coaches. Bucknell has won more games than Laughayette in the past 15 games. Yes that's right...

Last week 3-1. Of course I missed the Lafayette game, but got the Gtown score right. I thought we'd at least get two TDs.

Overall: 8-3

carney2
September 13th, 2011, 10:45 AM
To be serious a moment about Lafayette. It honestly will be a week where the Leopards will have to show the world that they're not ready to pack in the season. I'm not saying they need a win over the defending Ivy Champs, but at least a spirited performance and a closer-than-expected game.

I mean, if they lose something like 31-0 to the Quak Attack, the season, already in mid-unravel, might completely come apart. And I am not saying this because I want it to happen. I say this because I am not used to seeing this from the Spotted Crew, and don't want to see it happen.

The Lafayette faithful have split into two camps:

This is the result of lackluster recruiting. The juniors and seniors, in particular, are not up to FCS standards.

or

The talent levels may not quite be up to those of the Maurer and Curley years, but it hasn't dropped THIS far. The problem is player development. It ain't happening.

Either way, lots of fingers being pointed at The Frankosaurus of Bourger.

carney2
September 13th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Quackers 37, Laughayette 0... In honor of the ten-year anniversary of the worst Pard performance of the Tavani era, until we played NDSU week one. But all right maybe I'm being too sarcastic... Quackers 28, Laughayette 0.

You are counting these two as obviously worse than last year's roll over and play dead, no-show against Harvard?

crusader11
September 13th, 2011, 11:38 AM
3-1 last week and 8-3 overall...

GEORGETOWN @ Yale Georgetown doesn't have enough offense, and Yale has more than enough.

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS Am I really going to pick against Holy Cross at home especially after last weekend's dominant performance against Colgate?

Columbia @ FORDHAM Think Columbia will make it close, but Fordham has had two weeks to rest following their loss at UCONN and looks to have a pretty solid defense this year based upon reports.

COLGATE @ Dartmouth This one is a real tough one to pick. I'll go with the Green because it is their home and season opener, and Colgate's offense and defense looked downright awful against HC.

LEHIGH @ Princeton A middle of the road (at best) Ivy League team is no match for Lehigh's offense. The combination of Lum to Spadola and Drawl will be tough for opponents to cope with all year.

LAFAYETTE @ Penn What is the over/under on how many yards Lafayette will gain? 150?

BUCKNELL @ Cornell Two sub-par teams going head-to-head ends with Red beating Orange in a low scoring affair.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 12:11 PM
You are counting these two as obviously worse than last year's roll over and play dead, no-show against Harvard?

Looking at it a different way, you can say last year vs Harvard was the worst. But we scored. We didn't have the talent in 2001 and no offense in week one. It will really be interesting if we play dead this week... we didn't last year which was an even more disappointing loss.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 12:17 PM
The Lafayette faithful have split into two camps:

This is the result of lackluster recruiting. The juniors and seniors, in particular, are not up to FCS standards.

or

The talent levels may not quite be up to those of the Maurer and Curley years, but it hasn't dropped THIS far. The problem is player development. It ain't happening.

Either way, lots of fingers being pointed at The Frankosaurus of Bourger.

I am in camp two. I assume you're one?

Frankosaurus has too much control, manages to carefully, and I don't know why the OL can't improve. The defense is doing the best with what they have and might be pretty good if they had some relief, but the offense is just a disgrace.

Franks Tanks
September 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM

Frankosaurus has too much control, manages to carefully, and I don't know why the OL can't improve. The defense is doing the best with what they have and might be pretty good if they had some relief, but the offense is just a disgrace.

I would be more in camp 2, but camp 1 also has a point.

The 2001 Penn game was a disgrace, but we had a lot of young guys playing and Frank was still upgrading the talent level. When a new coach is turning around a program you will have games like that. There is no excuse for the recent level of ineptitude considering these kids were recruited when we were coming off PL championship seasons and 8-3 years.

Also can we comission Bogie to create the Frankosaurus picture? How bout a Stegasurus running a football with Frank's face. Love it!

RichH2
September 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM

The 2001 Penn game was a disgrace, but we had a lot of young guys playing and Frank was still upgrading the talent level. When a new coach is turning around a program you will have games like that. There is no excuse for the recent level of ineptitude considering these kids were recruited when we where coming off PL championship seasons and 8-3 years.

Also can we comission Bogie to create the Frankosaurus picture? How bout a Stegasurus running a football with Frank's face. Love it!xrolleyesxHaving been thru this scenario too many times oer my many years I can empathize with Pardville angst. I recall one yr LU started off like this and finshed 6-5. I think pards will be better by mid season on.

But I will save these threads to remind Pard fane in the future when they jump on LU fans *****ing about lousy coaching losses luck .

Franks Tanks
September 13th, 2011, 01:21 PM
xrolleyesxHaving been thru this scenario too many times oer my many years I can empathize with Pardville angst. I recall one yr LU started off like this and finshed 6-5. I think pards will be better by mid season on.

But I will save these threads to remind Pard fane in the future when they jump on LU fans *****ing about lousy coaching losses luck .

You guys had every right to ***** about Coen and co. for a while. I still am not completely sold on Coen, and it appears the guy that is really behind the program's recent success calls plays from the booth on Saturdays.

LUHawker
September 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM
You guys had every right to ***** about Coen and co. for a while. I still am not completely sold on Coen, and it appears the guy that is really behind the program's recent success calls plays from the booth on Saturdays.

A fair point, but not easy to tell. Was it simply Coen having all his guys in place last year and then adding a competent OC? Or was it all Cecchini? Cecchini is clearly making a difference, but Coen has done a good job of recruiting and keeping the team together (ie, very few defections).

Personally, I think it took Coen a few (namely 3 1/2 yrs) to get himself properly experienced as a HC. Player talent (and size) has been upgraded after Lembo largely left the cubbard bare. Coen is responsible for bringing in Rackley, Lum, Spadola, Drwal, Groome, Kennedy, and Pierce (?) and possible Matt Cohen, which have been difference makers so he gets the credit there. Defense has always been solid. Missing piece on offense has been the proper OC. It seems obvious that OC is a big difference. Kids seem to like and buy into Coen's approach so I am giving him more credit than others. That being said, I was a fan of his when he was hired and ate a lot of crow up until the OT win against the Pards in '09. I was not a fan of Lembo despite the very good record. His teams all "quit" on him by the end of the season.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM

The 2001 Penn game was a disgrace, but we had a lot of young guys playing and Frank was still upgrading the talent level. When a new coach is turning around a program you will have games like that. There is no excuse for the recent level of ineptitude considering these kids were recruited when we were coming off PL championship seasons and 8-3 years.

Also can we comission Bogie to create the Frankosaurus picture? How bout a Stegasurus running a football with Frank's face. Love it!

Right that's what I should have said... young guys in 2001, which was true. And the defense was really young and inexperienced until Partridge became an animal in 2002.

I was thinking of a dinosaur avatar until I saw Bogie's Kate Upton!

How about a Brachiasaur or Allosaurus.. big, lumbering, slow... doesn't like to try different tree species.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Or a triceratops... that seems very "smash mouth."

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 01:53 PM
I was thinking of a dinosaur avatar until I saw Bogie's Kate Upton!

New and improved:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9506/kateuptongirlsofcalenda.gif

This is called a diversionary tactic.

carney2
September 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Actually, wishy-washy me has a foot in each camp. I am, as most know, not a big fan of Tavani's overall recruiting efforts, particularly when one considers that he is recruiting from the Patriot League's Taj-ma-Football at Fisher and Bourger. On the other hand, a descent of this magnitude is truly unimaginable. This program is, at the moment, so far in the toilet that they cannot even reach out to grab the handle and flush themselves. No matter how many ways you twist the excuses, rationales and theories, it always comes back to the head coach and his staff, with some doff of the cap to institutional neglect. The once "best," or near best, coach in the Patriot League just ain't.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2011, 02:39 PM
A fair point, but not easy to tell. Was it simply Coen having all his guys in place last year and then adding a competent OC? Or was it all Cecchini? Cecchini is clearly making a difference, but Coen has done a good job of recruiting and keeping the team together (ie, very few defections).

Personally, I think it took Coen a few (namely 3 1/2 yrs) to get himself properly experienced as a HC. Player talent (and size) has been upgraded after Lembo largely left the cubbard bare. Coen is responsible for bringing in Rackley, Lum, Spadola, Drwal, Groome, Kennedy, and Pierce (?) and possible Matt Cohen, which have been difference makers so he gets the credit there. Defense has always been solid. Missing piece on offense has been the proper OC. It seems obvious that OC is a big difference. Kids seem to like and buy into Coen's approach so I am giving him more credit than others. That being said, I was a fan of his when he was hired and ate a lot of crow up until the OT win against the Pards in '09. I was not a fan of Lembo despite the very good record. His teams all "quit" on him by the end of the season.

I agree. While Cecchini's impact should not be minimized, Coen has gotten some real impact players onto this team. It's hard to imagine Lehigh's offense clicking last year without Will Rackley on that line - and he also, apparently, convinced Mr. Spadola to come to Lehigh despite (it seems) a full ride offer from Monmouth, among others. Ryan could have gone to the school that produced Miles Austin, but instead came to South Mountain. That speaks a lot about Coach Coen.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Actually, wishy-washy me has a foot in each camp. I am, as most know, not a big fan of Tavani's overall recruiting efforts, particularly when one considers that he is recruiting from the Patriot League's Taj-ma-Football at Fisher and Bourger. On the other hand, a descent of this magnitude is truly unimaginable. This program is, at the moment, so far in the toilet that they cannot even reach out to grab the handle and flush themselves. No matter how many ways you twist the excuses, rationales and theories, it always comes back to the head coach and his staff, with some doff of the cap to institutional neglect. The once "best," or near best, coach in the Patriot League just ain't.

In my own somewhat biased view, it's hard to judge the true talent level of the Spotted Gang. While last year Harvard beat you like rented mules, you gave Lehigh a run for their money, so it's not like your talent level sucked completely. But what I'd be concerned about is the lack of fire in the team in last weeks game.

* A conference game. Every one of those games are important.
* A game against a team that beat you last year.
* A game against a team that hasn't finished with a winning record since entering the League.
* A game which caused the team to start out 0-2 and really behind the eight ball.

Not to minimize Georgetown - they are unquestionably a better squad, and with a few breaks, could win the Patriot League this year. (There, I said it.) But more important than talent, I think, is a need for the Spotted Guys to get some fire in their bellies for the Penn game. Again, a win might be too much to ask, but four quarters of grit isn't. Indeed, it should be expected.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Maybe you should talk to the team LFN. Points are spot on. We have been saying the same things. Why can't we get up for Gtown? Hell I used to weigh as much as the Shermanator but now qualify for sprints and even I want to hit somebody!!

Maybe it's on field leadership... as soon as O'Neil came out the team quickly responded to Shoop.

And yeah you can blame Frankosaurus for another run up the gut inside the five last year.

ngineer
September 13th, 2011, 04:51 PM
No question Cecchini has brought new life to the offense; however, the talent was there as well, and Coen gets the credit for selling the deal to the recruits and having them want to play for him. Despite the rough seas in 2007-09, you never heard players complaining about Coen, as they did with Lembo. They will run through a wall for the guy, so that says a lot.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Georgetown 20, Yale 17

Holy Cross 28, Harvard 24

Fordham 27, Columbia 14

Pennsylvania 24, Lafayette 3

Cornell 20, Bucknell 13

Lehigh 34, Princeton 14

Colgate 35, Dartmouth 33

Go...gate
September 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM
New and improved:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9506/kateuptongirlsofcalenda.gif

This is called a diversionary tactic.

Did LC really do this?

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Did LC really do this?

Of course not. I did it myself. I figured out how to "'chop layers" last week while making the "No TV" avatar in abhorrence to our soon-to-be-former league-mate, the Georgetown Hoyas. I imagine that I'll soon be getting out of hand with it, of course.

As I posted earlier, it's simply a diversionary tactic. I might be getting better at it, though. We'll see.

RichH2
September 13th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Steep learning curve for a HC. Those first years were dreadful for mediocrity. No 1-10 seasons. but no offense either and an unbelieavable record in close games! Andy known to be extremely loyal, sometimes to his own detriment. Held onto prior OC 2 yrs too long. The man was ineffective to be charitable. Coen is now a HC with a superb OC who has brought the O back from virtual non existence. Coen has hired excellent coaches overall and more importantly the kids have improved in the system. Very little turn over or defections from squad under his tenure. He has rebuilt a solid program .

DFW HOYA
September 13th, 2011, 09:10 PM
I figured out how to "'chop layers" last week while making the "No TV" avatar in abhorrence to our soon-to-be-former league-mate, the Georgetown Hoyas.

I must have missed the vote.

Sader87
September 13th, 2011, 09:19 PM
The HC calendar has pictures of Big East basketball arenas we could have played in regularly....

Neighbor2
September 13th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Sader87-

Get a life!

PLEASE find a new league to display your Notre Dame wannabe lust. Little sympathy here, just disgust. GO CRIMSON!

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 09:45 PM
The HC calendar has pictures of Big East basketball arenas we could have played in regularly....

If you send me those pics, I can layer in scantily-clad Crusader co-eds straddling the Big East mascots. No problem. You can hang them on your wall.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 09:47 PM

It was a public opinion poll. I have nothing whatsoever pleasant to say about Georgetown. Go watch some basketball.

Sader87
September 13th, 2011, 09:49 PM
If you send me those pics, I can layer in scantily-clad Crusader co-eds straddling the Big East mascots. No problem. You can hang them on your wall.

Of that, I have no doubt....perhaps a bit more troubling, how is it that you have pictures of scantily clad Crusaderettes in your possession Bogie?

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Of that, I have no doubt....perhaps a bit more troubling, how is it that you have pictures of scantily clad Crusaderettes in your possession Bogie?

We used to bus them in for real parties on weekends. Yes, some of the Polaroids are a few years old, but it's the reminiscence that matters most.

BTW - beat Harvard.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2011, 11:26 PM
We used to bus them in for real parties on weekends. Yes, some of the Polaroids are a few years old, but it's the reminiscence that matters most.

BTW - beat Harvard.

Nice to know someone who remembers those days as well.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2011, 11:30 PM

....not to mention Alumni Stadium, The Carrier Dome, Notre Dame Stadium, Mountaineer Field, Heinz Field, Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Michigan Stadium, Ohio Stadium, Beaver Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Soldier Field....and, of course, Andy Kerr Stadium - all the big-time venues in which HC would have played in the Big East.... ; )

Go...gate
September 13th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Of course not. I did it myself. I figured out how to "'chop layers" last week while making the "No TV" avatar in abhorrence to our soon-to-be-former league-mate, the Georgetown Hoyas. I imagine that I'll soon be getting out of hand with it, of course.

As I posted earlier, it's simply a diversionary tactic. I might be getting better at it, though. We'll see.

I figured it was a new LC tactic to raise money for scholarships - with a calendar like that, you guys could make enough money to take care of the funding for a few seasons!

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Nice to know someone who remembers those days as well.

Oh my, yes. The weekend bus from Centenary College. Good times.

I figured it was a new LC tactic to raise money for scholarships - with a calendar like that, you guys could make enough money to take care of the funding for a few seasons!

That was sort of the point - it all started in a post on the Lafayette Board about the new U.S. News rankings. The graphic was merely my humble "suggestion" along those lines.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Man I wish we had some real football to talk about, but I guess this is what happens when you suck.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Fordham 31 Columbia 24 - This is a game the Rams have to win. Right?
Cornell 30 Bucknell 27 - This one could go either way. I'm still not sold on the Bison.
Penn 28 Lafayette 10 - The Pards D will keep them in the game until fatigue sets in.
Yale 24 Georgetown 13 - Much like Lafayette, the Hoya D will keep them in the game. I'm not sure if they have enough O.
Colgate 34 Dartmouth 28 - The Raiders can't afford a loss with Towson looming next week.
Holy Cross 24 Harvard 20 - If the Crimson had a game under their belt i might go with them at home.
Lehigh 38 Princeton 13 - Lehigh needs to show some improvement on D and special teams.

carney2
September 14th, 2011, 10:38 AM

It's inevitable, a lock, a done deal. The will be no "vote." It will just happen. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
GEORGETOWN @ Yale

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

Columbia @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Dartmouth

LEHIGH @ Princeton

Lafaytte @ PENN

BUCKNELL @ Cornell

kDex86
September 14th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Went 2-2 last week, now 8-3 on the season:

GEORGETOWN @ Yale
Harvard @ HOLY CROSS
Columbia @ FORDHAM
COLGATE @ Dartmouth
LEHIGH @ Princeton
LAFAYETTE @ Penn
BUCKNELL @ Cornell

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM
It's inevitable, a lock, a done deal. The will be no "vote." It will just happen. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If this "no vote" scenario plays itself out, I'm mystified as to what Lafayette, then, was thinking, by telegraphing their "no" vote on the eve of the summit, which seems to have been at least in part a bid to keep Georgetown in the PL.

Similarly, you have to wonder what Georgetown was thinking when it came to adhering to the letter with their Fios1 broadcast deal on the Lafayette football game. Aside from the obvious benefits of, um, having your game on live TV, pissing off your biggest advocate in the Patriot League decision chamber is rarely a good idea without some sort of plan.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Similarly, you have to wonder what Georgetown was thinking when it came to adhering to the letter with their Fios1 broadcast deal on the Lafayette football game. Aside from the obvious benefits of, um, having your game on live TV, pissing off your biggest advocate in the Patriot League decision chamber is rarely a good idea without some sort of plan.

Far too much speculation and conspiracy talk over what is essentially Verizon enforcing their contract rights against RCN, a direct cable competitor. It's not personal to Lafayette. (Strange, no one was up in arms at Lehigh when there was no over the air TV from MSF in 2010.)

Flip the argument--if Verizon wanted to bring its trucks to Fisher Stadium and RCN said no, would the same righteous indignation follow?

Dan Weiss is not demanding payback because some fans had to log on to see a game in early September instead of finding it on Channel 60.

RichH2
September 14th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Back to football for just a second saw last night that Mckenna back at LT. Earlier than expected will shore up OL and add to depth. Schauder moves back to OG and Hood moves into RT , a spot he's unlikely to leave until he graduates

CFBfan
September 14th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Back to football for just a second saw last night that Mckenna back at LT. Earlier than expected will shore up OL and add to depth. Schauder moves back to OG and Hood moves into RT , a spot he's unlikely to leave until he graduates

having been out with a broken foot it may take a week or 2 to get into "game shape" for McKenna

CFBfan
September 14th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Far too much speculation and conspiracy talk over what is essentially Verizon enforcing their contract rights against RCN, a direct cable competitor. It's not personal to Lafayette. (Strange, no one was up in arms at Lehigh when there was no over the air TV from MSF in 2010.)

Flip the argument--if Verizon wanted to bring its trucks to Fisher Stadium and RCN said no, would the same righteous indignation follow?

Dan Weiss is not demanding payback because some fans had to log on to see a game in early September instead of finding it on Channel 60.

way too many pards have their panties up in a bunch over this

carney2
September 14th, 2011, 02:25 PM
If this "no vote" scenario plays itself out, I'm mystified as to what Lafayette, then, was thinking, by telegraphing their "no" vote on the eve of the summit...

It's a wide open guessing game on this one. I have neither thought of nor heard anything that makes sense. Any ideas that don't come from your Oliver Stone handbook, LFN? Why would Weiss want to go on record? Why would he want to be the only one on record? Why would he "choose" an obscure media outlet like the student newspaper to release his bombshell? Did he even know that it's a bombshell? Was this part of a ploy to buy "two more years?" If others came into that meeting with even a little fire in their bellies, how could this affect them at all? Why, as you hint, LFN, would Weiss want to "save" Georgetown while moving Fordham even closer to the door? Finally, one guy says "We will be voting no." How can/does that affect what anyone else in the room?

carney2
September 14th, 2011, 02:28 PM
way too many pards have their panties up in a bunch over this

You better freakin' believe it! It was petty, asinine, counter productive to the goals of the institutions involved and the League, and unbecoming for a major institution of higher education. Not forgiving. Not forgetting. I'm waiting for Bogie to perform his computer graphics magic, giving us a usable image of a Hoya - a jackass with his head up his rectum.

RichH2
September 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
having been out with a broken foot it may take a week or 2 to get into "game shape" for McKenna
I would expect he will be playing in woth Utt or Ruley spelling him. if Vuono had not been hurt I doubt he would have started at Tigers. Better he work himself into game shape OOC

Go...gate
September 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM
You better freakin' believe it! It was petty, asinine, counter productive to the goals of the institutions involved and the League, and unbecoming for a major institution of higher education. Not forgiving. Not forgetting. I'm waiting for Bogie to perform his computer graphics magic, giving us a usable image of a Hoya - a jackass with his head up his rectum.

I have to say I cannot imagine Colgate doing this. No offense to GU, but when you got in the league I am certain there was some kind of a implicit agreement that full cooperation would be given to other members, just as other members would give it to you. Something like the game GU could not play against Colgate a few years back due to illness at the GU campus. That is what having a league is all about. It is give and take, even if you are an Associate Member.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2011, 06:28 PM
You better freakin' believe it! It was petty, asinine, counter productive to the goals of the institutions involved and the League, and unbecoming for a major institution of higher education. Not forgiving. Not forgetting.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2115/bulldogcare.gif

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2011, 06:59 PM
And just like that, here's this week's sportsbook!

Yale (-16) vs Georgetown

Harvard (pk) at Holy Cross

Fordham (-3.5) vs Columbia

Dartmouth (-2) vs Colgate

Lehigh (-20) at Princeton

Bucknell (pk) at Cornell

Penn (-23) vs Lafayette

Brown (-3) at Stony Brook

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2011, 07:41 PM
If this "no vote" scenario plays itself out, I'm mystified as to what Lafayette, then, was thinking, by telegraphing their "no" vote on the eve of the summit, which seems to have been at least in part a bid to keep Georgetown in the PL.

It's odd... Weiss either made a mistake, which infliable leaders sometimes do, or he was placating the faculty and the administration and BOT because we were not prepared financially or structurally to go schollie. Last fall, Weiss was on record saying if the PL votes yes, we will implement and not go the basketball route. We don't know how he would vote, but we would not hold out. I really think his statement was a "hold the phone here we are not ready!" manuver because the PL was closer to a yes and we did no analysis. I am mad because WE KNEW this meeting was coming and we sat on our thumbs and avoided the issue. We are now finally preparing for a potential yes, and I am sure some of the other schools were appreciative of buying more time in this unstable financial climate. Colgate and Lehigh did their homework and were ready to roll though.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Here is Lafayette's QB situation... please no laughing..

1 - Shoop, Jr., QB, 15 passes all-time
2 - Zweizig, Fr., QB, rookie
3 - Hayes (injured), WR
4 - Wildcat
5 - Nardone, LB
6 - Greg Kessel, FB

ngineer
September 14th, 2011, 10:30 PM

Yes, Hood held his own and earned his way up. Vuono still out though?

ngineer
September 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
And just like that, here's this week's sportsbook!

Yale (-16) vs Georgetown

Harvard (pk) at Holy Cross

Fordham (-3.5) vs Columbia

Dartmouth (-2) vs Colgate

Lehigh (-20) at Princeton

Bucknell (pk) at Cornell

Penn (-23) vs Lafayette

Brown (-3) at Stony Brook

23 points to Lafayette? I think I'd take that. While their offense is struggling, their D will do a decent job, I think and keep it respectable..

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM

That's because Lehigh's in-house team, unlike Lafayette's, are not on the hook to produce and broadcast every game. Lehigh hasn't done a broadcast from MSF, I think, ever, and hasn't done one from Bucknell in a while either. Generally, WMFZ 69 has done games at Colgate and Holy Cross, and also had an agreement to broadcast the Drake game last year as well. THe UNH game last year, too, was not broadcast either.

It's not really an argument that's "flippable", since the TV agreements are so utterly different. Verizon's trucks aren't going to travel anywhere to produce a game on tape delay broadcast on one portion of the District, supplanting a live broadcast from the home team.

I acknowledge that the source of the conflict was probably RCN and Verizon. But it's up to someone in the athletics departments to work this type of stuff out, especially with a conference member. Somehow, Lehigh and Lafayette survive with two simultaneous broadcasts of Lehigh/Lafayette every year, and I've got to believe, despite the challenges MSF provides, SOME solution could have come to fruition with enough will to make it happen.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2011, 12:01 AM
It's a wide open guessing game on this one. I have neither thought of nor heard anything that makes sense. Any ideas that don't come from your Oliver Stone handbook, LFN? Why would Weiss want to go on record? Why would he want to be the only one on record? Why would he "choose" an obscure media outlet like the student newspaper to release his bombshell? Did he even know that it's a bombshell? Was this part of a ploy to buy "two more years?" If others came into that meeting with even a little fire in their bellies, how could this affect them at all? Why, as you hint, LFN, would Weiss want to "save" Georgetown while moving Fordham even closer to the door? Finally, one guy says "We will be voting no." How can/does that affect what anyone else in the room?

My Oliver Stone handbook says to blame the Communists, so I'll withhold commentary... xlolx

I do kind of agree, though, that nothing makes much sense about Mr. Weiss' comments - except that by telegraphing the "No" vote, they happened to align themselves with same way Georgetown was speculated to how they would have voted. Whether that was coincidence, or there was more to it, I cannot say.

Ivytalk
September 15th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Yale
Holy Cross
Fordham
Dartmouth
Lehigh
Penn
Cornell

carney2
September 15th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Here is Lafayette's QB situation... please no laughing..

1 - Shoop, Jr., QB, 15 passes all-time
2 - Zweizig, Fr., QB, rookie
3 - Hayes (injured), WR
4 - Wildcat
5 - Nardone, LB
6 - Greg Kessel, FB

And, at running back the Pards have

1. Alan Elder - junior, averaging 2.nothing per carry and not looking very quick
2. Ross Scheuerman - freshman
3. The pizza delivery guy from Papa John's

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Who is even after Shermanator? I guess this is where the recruiting dearth is most apparent. How can we recruit no/weak OL and RBs when running the ball is the core of Frank's philosophy. Even when we didn't suck we were all complaining about the lack of a RB... as far back as 2007!

Franks Tanks
September 15th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Who is even after Shermanator? I guess this is where the recruiting dearth is most apparent. How can we recruit no/weak OL and RBs when running the ball is the core of Frank's philosophy. Even when we didn't suck we were all complaining about the lack of a RB... as far back as 2007!

I think the Fullbacks are also learning TB just in case. Also how bad is Irving hurt? I though he would be available by now.

We haven't had a difference maker at RB since Jon Hurt. Mo White was good, and much better than Coon and Morrow, but he wasn't an all league type guy. I think Hebron would be quite good by this point if he wasn't injured. Actually since 2008 the only really good RB in the PL has been Eachus. Perhaps it is a league wide issue, excluding Colgate of course.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Reinhard quotes Shoop himself as admitting that he still hasn't learned the playbook very well. Shoop calls himself "the Ryan Leaf of the PL" or something like that. Geez. So Frank has to dumb down the scheme for Shoop, which means even more between-the-tackles runs by non-existent RBs and simple screens to guys we don't have.

I think the defense will bottle up Penn's conservative attack well enough not to allow another wholesale embarrassment, but I'm not sure we're even going to get inside the 20. That means either long FGs or big-play scoring. Shoop's got the arm, but will Frank let him use it?

Franks Tanks
September 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Reinhard quotes Shoop himself as admitting that he still hasn't learned the playbook very well. Shoop calls himself "the Ryan Leaf of the PL" or something like that. Geez. So Frank has to dumb down the scheme for Shoop, which means even more between-the-tackles runs by non-existent RBs and simple screens to guys we don't have.

I think the defense will bottle up Penn's conservative attack well enough not to allow another wholesale embarrassment, but I'm not sure we're even going to get inside the 20. That means either long FGs or big-play scoring. Shoop's got the arm, but will Frank let him use it?

I think Shoop should just close his eyes and chuck the ball downfield to Mitch. The same strategy led Michigan to a win over Notre Dame.

tribefan40
September 15th, 2011, 10:46 AM
GEORGETOWN @ Yale

Harvard @ Holy Cross

Columbia @ Fordham

Colgate @ Dartmouth

Lehigh @ Princeton

Lafayette @ Penn

Bucknell @ Cornell

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM
A little movement in the lines today.

Yale (-16) vs Georgetown Yale (-14.5)

Harvard (pk) at Holy Cross Holy Cross (-2.5)

Fordham (-3.5) vs Columbia Fordham (-5)

Dartmouth (-2) vs Colgate Dartmouth (-3.5)

Lehigh (-20) at Princeton Lehigh (-21.5)

Bucknell (pk) at Cornell (pk)

Penn (-23) vs Lafayette Penn (-21.5)

Brown (-3) at Stony Brook Stony Brook (-2.5)

carney2
September 15th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I think Shoop should just close his eyes and chuck the ball downfield to Mitch. The same strategy led Michigan to a win over Notre Dame.

Can we switch to D-3 in mid-season?

ColgateTD
September 15th, 2011, 04:02 PM
G'town
Cross
Rams
'Gate
LU
UPenn
Bison

van
September 15th, 2011, 04:46 PM

Man, I'd like to throw some smack at you guys, but your'e doing enough yourselves.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2011, 09:44 PM
For carney2:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8287/02tyrannosaurusfrank2sm.gif

Frankosaurus Pardiculous Illegitimii.

ngineer
September 15th, 2011, 11:10 PM
I think the Fullbacks are also learning TB just in case. Also how bad is Irving hurt? I though he would be available by now.

We haven't had a difference maker at RB since Jon Hurt. Mo White was good, and much better than Coon and Morrow, but he wasn't an all league type guy. I think Hebron would be quite good by this point if he wasn't injured. Actually since 2008 the only really good RB in the PL has been Eachus. Perhaps it is a league wide issue, excluding Colgate of course.

I think Barket has shown the ability to be a difference maker. Only two games in, but he appears durable, has very quick feet and gets a lot of YAC.

ngineer
September 15th, 2011, 11:11 PM

Maybe you could do what Lafayette has always excelled at....play with yourselves.xsmiley_wix

crusader11
September 15th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I think Barket has shown the ability to be a difference maker. Only two games in, but he appears durable, has very quick feet and gets a lot of YAC.

Barket strikes me as the classic hard-nosed, tough football player...the kind of guy that will just put his shoulder down and stick his helmet in your chest. Plus, he had some pretty decent speed and a nice set of hands against UNH. He really adds another dimension to the Lehigh offense. Lum-Spadola-Drawl-Barket are as good of an offensive foursome that I've seen this year.

alvinkayak6
September 15th, 2011, 11:28 PM

Hey, some prayers are answered!

Pard4Life
September 15th, 2011, 11:50 PM
Ha, nice one...

Ken_Z
September 16th, 2011, 06:53 AM
GEORGETOWN 13 @ Yale 24: after the game Georgetown President DeGioia gives the players a brief pep talk. the following quote is leaked "You should all be proud of the effort you gave today. You acquited yourselves well playing against an FCS Division squad whereas we are only 1AA. They have a heck of a team, I'll go on record right now predicting they win that whole playoff championship thing this year."

Harvard 28 @ HOLY CROSS 35: this weeks victory chant from the Fenwick Fitton Faithful "we coulda been in the Ivy League ya know"

Columbia 21 @ FORDHAM 31: two scholarship recruiting classes begin to pay dividends. the Rams are not going to get the talent to reclaim the glory days of old, but fortunately this week seven blocks of sandstone will be sufficient for victory.

COLGATE 21 @ Dartmouth 24: in the battle of the politicaly incorrect, Indians scalp the Red Raiders

LEHIGH 42 @ Princeton 24: Engineers get their locomotive back on the tracks and everyones feet between the sidelines

LAFAYETTE 10 @ Penn 35: picking the Pards to lose every week is not nearly as much fun as it used to be now that their fans do too. on the plus side, my prediction accuracy percentage has soared over the last year+.

BUCKNELL 21 @ Cornell 20: Bison are on a roll. i even saw a poll this past week where they were ranked #29. unfortunately the credibility has to be questioned when they rank Davidson at #11. those voters for the USN&WR poll need to get out and see some more football.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Ha... although I think you are confusing the HC chant with Lafayette.

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2011, 09:07 AM
GEORGETOWN 13 @ Yale 24: after the game Georgetown President DeGioia gives the players a brief pep talk. the following quote is leaked "You should all be proud of the effort you gave today. You acquitted yourselves well playing against an FCS Division squad whereas we are only 1AA. They have a heck of a team, I'll go on record right now predicting they win that whole playoff championship thing this year."

xlolxxrotatehxxnodx

It's my my understanding that Dr. DiGioia's entire address to the team will be broadcast exclusively on FiOS1 tape-delay in Hoboken, New Jersey sometime in 2013.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM
GEORGETOWN 13 @ Yale 24: after the game Georgetown President DeGioia gives the players a brief pep talk. the following quote is leaked "You should all be proud of the effort you gave today. You acquited yourselves well playing against an FCS Division squad whereas we are only 1AA. They have a heck of a team, I'll go on record right now predicting they win that whole playoff championship thing this year."

I almost shot coffee out of my nose reading this.

PAllen
September 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
GEORGETOWN @ Yale

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

Columbia @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Dartmouth

LEHIGH @ Princeton

LAFAYETTE @ Penn

BUCKNELL @ Cornell

carney2
September 16th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I almost shot coffee out of my nose

Although I wouldn't pay to see a Lafayette so-called football game, I would pay to see this.

crusader11
September 16th, 2011, 01:09 PM
The current lines:

Georgetown -14.5 @ Yale

Harvard +2.5 @ Holy Cross

Columbia +5 @ Fordham

Colgate +3.5 @ Dartmouth

Lehigh -21.5 @ Princeton

Lafayette +21.5 @ Penn

Bucknell pick 'em @ Cornell

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Colgate +3.5 @ Dartmouth

This one leaps off the page, to me. Dartmouth is that much better than Colgate? Really? If I were a bettin' man, 3 1/2 points is the deal of the century.

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Although I wouldn't pay to see a Lafayette so-called football game, I would pay to see this.

Meh. I'll still pay to see a Lafayette game, but only from the cheap seats. Who else gets Yale and Harvard at home? But we're still the league leader in self-deprecation when (as now) the occasion arises. Can't take that away from us.

Leopard Loyalist
September 16th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Yale over Georgetown
Fordham over Columbia
Holy Cross over Harvard
Colgate over Dartmouth
Cornell over Bucknell
Penn over Lafayette
Lehigh over Princeton

Go...gate
September 16th, 2011, 04:25 PM
I almost shot coffee out of my nose reading this.

You and me both! Great line!

RichH2
September 16th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I wonder what a meeting of the minds between Presidents of Georgetown and Lafayette would be like? Scary

GeauxLions94
September 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
GEORGETOWN @ Yale

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS

Columbia @ FORDHAM

COLGATE @ Dartmouth

LEHIGH @ Princeton

LAFAYETTE @ Penn

BUCKNELL @ Cornell

ngineer
September 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM

That'snot funny...

CrusaderBob
September 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
3 -1 last week. 8 - 3 on the season. No time for detailed pithy commentary

GEORGETOWN @ Yale - Elis or the Bulldogs, whichever you prefer over the Hoyas

Columbia @ FORDHAM - On a "tour" of Columbia with my son this spring, we started on the steps of Low Library - which isn't really a library - and in 45 minutes the tour guide got our group all the way to the bottom of those steps and about 100 yards west. We left the tour at that point and went to Fordham for the afternoon info session & tour. Lions will gain more yardage than we did on our tour, but the Rams will prevail.

COLGATE @ Dartmouth - Raiders, who until recently were red, bounce back against the Big Green or the Indians, whichever you prefer.

LEHIGH @ Princeton - The Mountain Hawks or Engineers, whichever you prefer, beat the Tigers.

LAFAYETTE @ Penn - Someone noted Frankin was no Quaker, but Richard Nixon was. Penn should change their mascot. The Quakers beat the Leopards.

BUCKNELL @ Cornell - Corn prevails over Buck in the battle of the 'nells

Harvard @ HOLY CROSS - Crusaders over the Crimson or the Johnnies, whichever you prefer.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
No time to put my picks for the games on my blog, so here they are. You didn't know this, but I went 1-3 last weekend.

Lehigh
Colgate
Penn
Harvard
Bucknell
Columbia
Yale

ColgateTD
September 17th, 2011, 09:57 AM
I don't know football, but I recognize when Bogus and Pard4Life have the best looking babes on their posts xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I don't know football, but I recognize when Bogus and Pard4Life have the best looking babes on their posts xthumbsupx

Those are simply wildlife photos of the species panthera pardus, commonly known as the Leopard. Just showing school pride here. I can't help if if the animal's handler keeps getting in the way of the shot.

bison137
September 17th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Yale
Fordham
Harvard
Colgate
Cornell
Penn
Lehigh

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Well, I am in a bad mood this week so hear it goes:

Fail 35, TV censors 10... Yale offense is the real deal, though it might take awhile to break out during the game. Hoyas pass defense is weak and we finally have a team that is designed to take advantage.

Retardvard 28, Fudamentalist Christians 21... Game of the week, but Harvard has too many weapons for this game. And Harvard QB Colin Winters proved he was "better" than Andrew Luck and Kellen Moore. Winters for Heisman campaign starts today.

Yams 21, Cowardly Lions 17... This game is always much more close than it should be.

Indians 41, Red Raiders 28... Dartmouth is much better than people realize, and they can pass the ball. Colhate has shown some problems here. Advantage Indians.

Turds 48, Terrible Tabbies 17... Not yet Princeton, not yet. Lehigh can score. Touchdowns, not chicks.

Sucknell 24, SUNY-Ithaca 14... Bison seem motivated with good leadership under their new coaches. Bucknell has won more games than Laughayette in the past 15 games. Yes that's right...

Last week 3-1. Of course I missed the Lafayette game, but got the Gtown score right. I thought we'd at least get two TDs.

Overall: 8-3

And speaking of anniversaries, the Pards 30 years ago Sept 12th beat Central Conn. 51-0 to start the Russo era. A week later they traveled south and held on (I believe a 4 down goal line stand if I recall in late 4th) to beat Davidson, 14-7, en route to a shocking 9-2 season. I would rather remember those anniversaries.

carney2
September 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM
And speaking of anniversaries, the Pards 30 years ago Sept 12th beat Central Conn. 51-0 to start the Russo era. A week later they traveled south and held on (I believe a 4 down goal line stand if I recall in late 4th) to beat Davidson, 14-7, en route to a shocking 9-2 season. I would rather remember those anniversaries.

I would rather remember ANYTHING other than last week, the week before, last season, the 2008 QB "controversy," those 3 consecutive cracks at the middle from the 2 last year against Lehigh,... Frank is starting to pile up the memories and I'm getting pissed.

ColgateTD
September 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Those are simply wildlife photos of the species panthera pardus, commonly known as the Leopard. Just showing school pride here. I can't help if if the animal's handler keeps getting in the way of the shot.

The panthera pardus, that's what I was referring to, obviously:)