ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

Bonus: NW OK(D2) @ USD

Twentysix
September 10th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Bye week for the conference powers.

MSU @ Oregon Ducks eat bears in this case...
ISUr @ YSU YSU should put 45 on ISUr, ISUr will put 30 on YSU.
SDSU @ CP I'm going out on a limb for our out of state brothers.
ISUb @ WKU Although the box score this week makes me think ISUb is not as good as last year... I am gonna give em a shot.
WIU @ Mizzou my oh my

USD beats D2 by atleast 30.

mmiller_34
September 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb @ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

DJKyR0
September 11th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Oregon
ISUr
CP
ISUb
Mizzou

The Sycs won't be favored but I think they can pull it off and show that Trent Miles is one of the best coaches in FCS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Oregon
YSU
CP
WKU
Missouri

MplsBison
September 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Bye week for the conference powers.

MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

You forgot South Dakota.

Oregon - 5% chance for Mizzou St, good luck
Ill St - this is a 50-50, flip a coin
SD St - hope I'm not made to look foolish here, although it's certainly foolish for SD St to keep scheduling Poly and having to prepare for an offensive/defensive scheme that they'll never see again the rest of the year
IN St - I must be crazy, good luck ISU
Mizzou - 5% chance for West Ill, good luck
South Dakota - playing a DII team at home, should be an easy win

I went 8-2 again last week, missed USD/EWU (who called that one?) and just missed MSU/EKU. I'm now 16-4 on the season.

Thundar
September 11th, 2011, 12:11 PM
You forgot South Dakota.

Oregon - 5% chance for Mizzou St, good luck
Ill St - this is a 50-50, flip a coin
SD St - hope I'm not made to look foolish here, although it's certainly foolish for SD St to keep scheduling Poly and having to prepare for an offensive/defensive scheme that they'll never see again the rest of the year
IN St - I must be crazy, good luck ISU
Mizzou - 5% chance for West Ill, good luck
South Dakota - playing a DII team at home, should be an easy win

I went 8-2 again last week, missed USD/EWU (who called that one?) and just missed MSU/EKU. I'm now 16-4 on the season.

USD is still in the GWC!

frozennorth
September 11th, 2011, 12:33 PM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb @ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou
This. Oregon by 66, calling it now.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2011, 02:21 PM
USD is still in the GWC!

Mpls is right, I have been including usd. It was an oversight.

darell1976
September 11th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Oregon
YSU
Cal Poly
WKU
Mizzou

Future member USD--will beat NW OK St (48-14 was the score last year).

DOME
September 11th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Home teams.

Bisonforlife
September 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb @ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou
I am also going with USD

leatherneck177
September 12th, 2011, 11:38 AM
MSU @ Oregon - ducks by 50
ISUr @ YSU - Penguins by 13, maybe 90 points combined between them?
SDSU @ CP - Cal Poly by 10
ISUb @ WKU - Hilltoppers get nostalgic, beat up Trees by 20
WIU @ Mizzou - could get ugly, but I think Necks keep it within 20.

Sycamore51
September 12th, 2011, 01:16 PM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU I really think we can get this one
WIU @ Mizzou

bisonwest
September 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Oregon
YSU
CP
ISUb
Mizzou

MSUBear42
September 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Is it bad that "Ducks by 50" sounds good to me?

I honestly think the score may be something like 70-14

ysubigred
September 12th, 2011, 03:49 PM
MSU @ Oregon Ducks by 56
ISUr @ YSU Guins by 21
SDSU @ CP Cal Poly by 13
ISUb@ WKU WKU by 27
WIU @ Mizzou Mizzou by 35

Bonus: NW OK(D2) @ USD USD by 28

jayhawkdaddy
September 12th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Oregon
Youngstown State
Cal Poly
Western Kentucky
Missouri

Paladin1aa
September 12th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Oregon by 45
YSU by 10
CP by 14
WKU by 3
Mizzou by 35

Twentysix
September 13th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Is it bad that "Ducks by 50" sounds good to me?

I honestly think the score may be something like 70-14

If you put up 14 before 5:00 in the game I will be impressed.

UNIFanSince1983
September 13th, 2011, 08:41 AM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

Professor Chaos
September 13th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Missouri State @ Oregon - This game is gonna fall off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Illinois State @ Youngstown State - Call it a hunch. I think the inconsistent YSU that we saw so much last year shows up again.
South Dakota State @ Cal Poly - Still don't know what to make of the Jacks. Last week's debacle clouds the big first week win.
Indiana State @ Western Kentucky - ISU Blue hasn't been as impressive this year as I thought they were going to be. This week they can more than make up for that it but I don't think they will.
Western Illinois @ Missouri - WIU can't match up with the athletes that Mizzou will have out there.

Northwest Oklahoma @ South Dakota - I have a feeling that USD won't blow out this D2 squad like they should coming off the big victory last week. They'll win but I predict it won't be an impressive margin.

birdsflyhigh
September 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
MVFC kicks off with the ISU Redbirds visting the Ice Castle and the YSU Penguins.
Think the game will be an offensive explosion, and I've got the Birds over the Guins by a beak.

Valley winners:
Jacks

Non-winners:
Bears
Trees
Necks

Also.....USD > NW OK

17-1 in my Valley picks so far, but it'll get alot trickier from here on out.

ROCK IT VALLEY!!! xthumbsupx

MSUDuo
September 13th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Why the heck not...

MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2011, 03:09 PM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

NWOK @ USD

Jacks and 'Stangs have another classic battle. Home team gets the W, But expect a tight game.

ISUb shows that they have moved beyond their 07-08 daze.

The 2 BCS $$$$ games. (Think SDSU at Illinois). Save the starters, and get some reps for the back-ups. USD better use their momentum to get more wins.

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 11:18 AM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM
I'm seriously pondering a score of something like 48-27 in favor of Illinois State. Both teams have good offenses and bad defenses, but Illinois State is just a bit better at both. They might finish the season with the single best-producing offense, but their defense is too much of a liability to mark them down as a playoff team. Still, I don't see Youngstown making the necessary steps just yet to make it happen. Not saying it's necessarily going to be a blowout, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2011, 03:32 PM
For fun...

MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP (toss up really)
ISUb@ WKU (likewise here)
WIU @ Mizzou

NWOK @ USD

darell1976
September 14th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Missouri State @ Oregon - This game is gonna fall off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
Illinois State @ Youngstown State - Call it a hunch. I think the inconsistent YSU that we saw so much last year shows up again.
South Dakota State @ Cal Poly - Still don't know what to make of the Jacks. Last week's debacle clouds the big first week win.
Indiana State @ Western Kentucky - ISU Blue hasn't been as impressive this year as I thought they were going to be. This week they can more than make up for that it but I don't think they will.
Western Illinois @ Missouri - WIU can't match up with the athletes that Mizzou will have out there.

Northwest Oklahoma @ South Dakota - I have a feeling that USD won't blow out this D2 squad like they should coming off the big victory last week. They'll win but I predict it won't be an impressive margin.

Since confence play starts in a couple weeks, the Yotes will probably play this game carefully to not get injured. If that means playing starters for half a game or if someone is kinda banged up sitting them out they will. USD doesn't need an impressive win there is no playoffs for them they just need to be healthy going into conference play.

ST_Lawson
September 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM
MSU @ Oregon - rough non-conference schedule for MSU, Razorbacks in Week 1, Ducks in Week 3. MSU gets run ragged by the up-tempo Oregon offense.
ISUr @ YSU - surprisingly good showing against Michigan St. in week 1 makes me think that YSU might be kinda good this season.
SDSU @ CP - hard to pick this one, but SDSU beat Southern Utah, and I think that the Thunderbirds are a little better than the Mustangs this year, so I'm gonna say the bunnies in a close one.
ISUb @ WKU - I'd love to see a real MVFC team beat the guys that used us as the "stepping stone" to the basement of the FBS.
WIU @ Mizzou - I'll be ecstatically amazed if my pick is wrong, but I doubt that's going to happen. WIU walks away with a bit more "big stage" experience and a big check...but not the win.

FCSFB
September 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
MSU at OREGON- OREGON
ISUr at YSU- YSU
SDSU at CP- touigh one but going CP. SUU went on the road and gave SDSU all they could handle and went for 2 instead of tie and lost. SDSU QB and offense continues to under perform.
ISUb at WKU- ISUb, gotta for FCS
WIU at Mizzou- Mizzou

alvinkayak6
September 15th, 2011, 01:02 AM
MSU @ Oregon Ducks by 70..... 3 punt return tDs
ISUr @ YSU pick 'em
SDSU @ CP SDSU
ISUb@ WKU WKU
WIU @ Mizzou Mizzou by 28

Twentysix
September 15th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I'm seriously pondering a score of something like 48-27 in favor of Illinois State. Both teams have good offenses and bad defenses, but Illinois State is just a bit better at both. They might finish the season with the single best-producing offense, but their defense is too much of a liability to mark them down as a playoff team. Still, I don't see Youngstown making the necessary steps just yet to make it happen. Not saying it's necessarily going to be a blowout, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it was.

YSU held Michigan state to 28.

ysubigred
September 15th, 2011, 07:26 AM
YSU held Michigan state to 28.

In front of 70K screaming MSU Students xbowx "If" the "O" was in sync and we had a kicker we should have scored 24. Still a loss but I'm just sayin xtroublex Did you see MSU drubbed FAU 44-0 last week xrolleyesx

Redbird Ray
September 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Ducks - unfortunately, Oregon likes their style points, this one will be ugly
Tigers - Mizzou looks a little down this year, but unfortunately so does Western
Mustangs - I'll go with the home team here
Toppers - WKU lost to Navy by essentially the same margin Delaware did, is Indy State as good as Delaware, I'm not thinking so
Yotes - Looking pretty damn good this year
Redbirds - nothing but pure, blind, homerism behind this pick

Pant8her
September 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Week 3

- MSU@University of Oregon—The Quack attack will likely kill MSU. MSU take the money and run, score if you can but don’t get hurt.

-ISU@YSU- This will be a game that could easily define the season for both teams. ISU has had a relatively easy schedule so far (opps on EIU). I think this is a toss up game, but with it at YSU the Penguins shock the birds.

- SDSU@CalPoly-- Second tough game on the road. The bunnies might have a chance, but the road can be very unforgiving. Toss up game, but home team wins.

- ISU@WKU-- Even though WKU has not done to well in the FBS I think they are a better team and will likely have too much for Blue. Although it could be a winnable FBS game for ISU.

- WIU@Mizzou-- WIU will not have much of a chance against UM (FBS), just stay healthy and build for the rest of the season.

Home teams wins...
These are still my predicts from preseason....

Tough week for the MVFC, one win...
I wish all the MVFC teams the best and win if you can!

X-Factor
September 16th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Ducks - unfortunately, Oregon likes their style points, this one will be ugly
Tigers - Mizzou looks a little down this year, but unfortunately so does Western
Mustangs - I'll go with the home team here
Toppers - WKU lost to Navy by essentially the same margin Delaware did, is Indy State as good as Delaware, I'm not thinking so
Yotes - Looking pretty damn good this year
Redbirds - nothing but pure, blind, homerism behind this pick

The old comparative score analysis trick. This works great in the science lab, not so much in sporting events.

GeauxLions94
September 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
MSU @ Oregon
ISUr @ YSU
SDSU @ CP
ISUb@ WKU
WIU @ Mizzou

Squealofthepig
September 16th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Why the heck not...

WIU @ Mizzou

OK, what are they smoking at the Bear's Den these days? In seriousness, though, I give WIU a chance here; Mizzou's coming off a pretty disappointing overtime loss at Arizona State and may not have their act together, and the loss (plus FCS scheduling) should keep attendance at Faurot way down. If the Leathernecks can get some fan support, I could see them with a chance at an upset. And, hell, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the Leathernecks for the last year anyway. :)

Twentysix
September 17th, 2011, 03:14 AM
OK, what are they smoking at the Bear's Den these days? In seriousness, though, I give WIU a chance here; Mizzou's coming off a pretty disappointing overtime loss at Arizona State and may not have their act together, and the loss (plus FCS scheduling) should keep attendance at Faurot way down. If the Leathernecks can get some fan support, I could see them with a chance at an upset. And, hell, I haven't been able to make heads or tails of the Leathernecks for the last year anyway. :)

WIU is bad.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2011, 06:25 PM
My picks are looking perfect so far.

UNIFanSince1983
September 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM
ISU blue looking good putting a pretty good beat down on the Hilltoppers right now.

DJKyR0
September 17th, 2011, 09:08 PM
ISUb is going to win as they recover a fumble with :45 to go. Congrats Syc fans, great win for your program and what a find you guys have in Coach Miles.

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM

Wow, does this look stupid now.

And kudos to Indiana State! You made everyone still left from those days of WKU in the Valley snicker with delight.

UNIFanSince1983
September 17th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I expected the biggest blowout to involve a team from Missouri, but not Mizzou. I figured Oregon would win in a score similar to the one Mizzou won by, and expected Mizzou to win by the margin Oregon won by.

Crazy weekend. Some good games for the MVFC (Indiana State), and some terrible games (WIU, SDSU). And the leader in the clubhouse right now is YSU as they get the only conference win of the season so far.