Furman 16
Citadel 6

GSU 62
Tusculum 21

Elon
Tusculum still in progress

citdog
September 10th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Congrats to the Furples. This was a hard fought and bitterly contested football game as they should be when the degree of hate is this high. The Citadel is much improved and we will be heard from this year. We had our chances to win the football game but to their credit the baptists made the plays when they had to and the Cadets were inches away.

noogamoc
September 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM
Nice showing by Wofford. Glad to see the Appsters back on track!

SoCon48
September 10th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Elon over Concord 42-7 in the 4th.

PaladinFan
September 10th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Congrats to the Furples. This was a hard fought and bitterly contested football game as they should be when the degree of hate is this high. The Citadel is much improved and we will be heard from this year. We had our chances to win the football game but to their credit the baptists made the plays when they had to and the Cadets were inches away.

It was a good one.

Good to see Furman look like Furman again.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 10th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Wofford's effort was the best for any SoCon team vs. FBS. Wofford has nothing to be ashamed of today. The Citadel also has nothing to be ashamed of in their efforts vs. Furman. I have to give out props to both teams for their valiant efforts.

ElonPride
September 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Wofford's effort was the best for any SoCon team vs. FBS. Wofford has nothing to be ashamed of today. The Citadel also has nothing to be ashamed of in their efforts vs. Furman. I have to give out props to both teams for their valiant efforts.

xnodx

I still stick by my pick that Wofford will win the SoCon.......

Elon's effort tonight at times was underwhelming. Our starting QB Thomas Wilson was injured in the 2nd quarter. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery.

GaSouthern
September 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Good night for the SoCon! GATA!

chattanoogamocs
September 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Wofford 27
Clemson 35

WCU 52
Mars hill 31

ASU 58
NC A&T 6

Furman 16
Citadel 6

GSU 62
Tusculum 21

Elon

Is Chattanooga still in the SoCon?

longtimemocfan
September 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Chattanooga-38
Jacksonville St.-17 Mocs hold Jax St. to 26 total yards 2nd half.

apaladin
September 10th, 2011, 10:28 PM
The SoCon is shaping up to be very interesting, a 4 team race I think(Chatt/WC/ASU/GSU). Maybe the Paladins or Phoenix can spoil someone's party along the way.

GaSouthern
September 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
hey now, furple is undefeated in conference right now

Grizzaholic
September 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Wofford 27
Clemson 35

WCU 52
Mars hill 31

ASU 58
NC A&T 6

Furman 16
Citadel 6

GSU 62
Tusculum 21

Elon

Rough night for Tusculum with the back to back games and all.

SumItUp
September 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
9/3 Wofford 35, Presbyterian 28
9/10 Clemson 35, Wofford 27

How good is Wofford?

Reign of Terrier
September 10th, 2011, 11:31 PM

How good is Wofford?

I dunno.....nothin to see herexwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlexxwhistlex we can't hardly beat presbyterian, no need to take us seriouslyxsmiley_wix

I-16Bandit
September 11th, 2011, 01:59 AM

How good is Wofford?

I thought about this too. I mean, they really did struggle with Presbyterian. I'll give them some credit with it being their opening game and all, and they were brushing off the rustiness, but.. They were REALLY close to loosing to them. And then the following week, they go toe to toe with Clemson? I kept up with the game while at ours, and I was very surprised, to say the least. I think that this means that Wofford is definitely not a team to overlook (never have been for me), but I think we all need to wait a couple weeks and see how they do. I think we just saw two extremes of Wofford football in back to back games.

OL FU
September 11th, 2011, 06:14 AM

There may be no such thing as moral victories, but that was a great game and I felt horrible for my Wofford Friends. A tough one to lose. One of these days WC is going to pick off on of these guys.

I hope Ayers retires soon:D

OL FU
September 11th, 2011, 06:17 AM

How good is Wofford?

Wofford was apparently looking over PC towards Clemson. Clemson may have been looking over Wofford toward Auburn. Either way, Wofford is very very good.

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
I thought about this too. I mean, they really did struggle with Presbyterian. I'll give them some credit with it being their opening game and all, and they were brushing off the rustiness, but.. They were REALLY close to loosing to them. And then the following week, they go toe to toe with Clemson? I kept up with the game while at ours, and I was very surprised, to say the least. I think that this means that Wofford is definitely not a team to overlook (never have been for me), but I think we all need to wait a couple weeks and see how they do. I think we just saw two extremes of Wofford football in back to back games.

Horrible officiating, coming out flat out of the gates, and looking forward to Clemson when we were up 28-7 is the reason the PC game was so close. Our offense is for real though, no question in my mind about it. We average 465 yards 2 games in. Our defense should improve statistically as we play in conference and our depth is a real strength. We won't be looking past anyone anytime soon I don't think (except maybe Virginia Wise) as the Socon is wide open this year.....and that includes Western, El Cid, and Samford

Laserlips
September 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM

Hell has obviously frozen over...

This post by citdog is the first I EVER remember that was not in some way offensive... A gracious post that amazes and yet somehow, alarms me....

What did he really mean? (lol)

Good for you citdog..

Jesse

FurmanWins!!
September 11th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Very good week for the SoCon, Go Paladins!!!!!!

blueballs
September 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Rough night for Tusculum with the back to back games and all.

Spring training split squad...

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Wofford was apparently looking over PC towards Clemson. Clemson may have been looking over Wofford toward Auburn. Either way, Wofford is very very good.

Wofford's offense (and option offenses generally) cause problems for FBS programs. In no small part, that is because these FBS programs don't really bother preparing for the offense. I've always gotten the impression that these FBS teams take the approach of "we'll beat them with our athletes, and we're wasting time preparing for an offense we won't see again this season."

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Wofford's offense (and option offenses generally) cause problems for FBS programs. In no small part, that is because these FBS programs don't really bother preparing for the offense. I've always gotten the impression that these FBS teams take the approach of "we'll beat them with our athletes, and we're wasting time preparing for an offense we won't see again this season."

See Also Georgia Tech

PaladinFan
September 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM

This post by citdog is the first I EVER remember that was not in some way offensive... A gracious post that amazes and yet somehow, alarms me....

Good for you citdog..

Jesse

He's coming around.

Anyone (no matter who you pull for) saw a good old fashioned slobber knocker yesterday with the Citadel and Furman. Good defense, few penalties, not a lot of passing, few incompletions (Furman had zero), and a rivalry game. Hard not to like that kind of game.

OL FU
September 11th, 2011, 09:21 AM

Good for you citdog..

Jesse

He obviously took another shot to the head.

Jiggs
September 11th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Wofford 27
Clemson 35

WCU 52
Mars hill 31

ASU 58
NC A&T 6

Furman 16
Citadel 6

GSU 62
Tusculum 21

Elon

Samford 48
Stillman 6

seantaylor
September 11th, 2011, 11:28 PM
GSU is the class of the conference. Woffie second. From there, anyone's guess.

OL FU
September 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM

And a class you can pass without studying:D

Smitty
September 12th, 2011, 08:06 AM

Well after App at 3rd it is anybody's guess...

HensRock
September 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Guys, I think the SoCon just might unseat the CAA as top FCS conference this year. Nova is very young. UD looked unimpressive after jumping up on D2 West Chester 21-0 early and then taking the ret of the game off apparently. Jury still out on JMU and W&M for that matter. Might see a changing of the guard with Maine and URI both looking impressive against FBS competition. But in general I think the CAA is down this year and SoCon is looking up. xthumbsupx

Eaglesrus
September 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Guys, I think the SoCon just might unseat the CAA as top FCS conference this year. Nova is very young. UD looked unimpressive after jumping up on D2 West Chester 21-0 early and then taking the ret of the game off apparently. Jury still out on JMU and W&M for that matter. Might see a changing of the guard with Maine and URI both looking impressive against FBS competition. But in general I think the CAA is down this year and SoCon is looking up. xthumbsupx

Our guys appeared to do the same thing in the second quarter. Fortunately for us, something happened in the locker room at halftime and, save for a botched on-side kick attempt, our guys pretty much looked liked the Eagles of old, albeit against a D-II team.

SoCon48
September 12th, 2011, 09:02 AM

What was the score of the WCU-Delaware game? I did my graduate work there.

Smitty
September 12th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Delaware beat West Chester 28-17

SpeedkingATL
September 12th, 2011, 09:36 AM
After seeing the Furman/Citadel and Vandy/Elon games I expect those three SoCon teams will give the "big 4" some fits this year. Sammy also appears to knockoff at least one top SoCon every year. Citadels new home uniforms were "interesting".

citdog
September 12th, 2011, 09:40 AM
The red tops are a homage to this.....

http://externalaffairs.citadel.edu/files/Image/sy10-11/Star%20of%20West_BigRed1.jpg

http://kindredblood.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/big-red-flown-on-jan-9-1861-fired-on-star-of-west.jpg?w=440&h=289

blueballs
September 12th, 2011, 09:50 AM
And a class you can pass without studying:D

Those are the best kind. ;-)

OL FU
September 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Those are the best kind. ;-)

Always my favorites

whoanellie
September 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
the next 9 weeks will tell a lot: I predict a lot of upsets as some folks do not give some progams much respect the Champion will have earned it for sure.