PDA

View Full Version : Wofford vs Clemson

SoCon48
September 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Wofford almost upset Clemson. Wofford will be tough to handle in the SoCon this year.

drpnut
September 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I was at the game and Woffy went toe to toe with Clemson in every phase of the game. This team really has me excited. We had two drive killing penalties which would have definietly altered the outcome of this game.

I sincerely believe we are a team of destiny. With EWU losing I feel we deserve to rise a few spots in the poll.

SoCon48
September 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Wofford 27
Clemson 35 Final

SoCon48
September 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I was at the game and Woffy went toe to toe with Clemson in every phase of the game. This team really has me excited. We had two drive killing penalties which would have definietly altered the outcome of this game.

I sincerely believe we are a team of destiny. With EWU losing I feel we deserve to rise a few spots in the poll.

Based on that performance Wofford could finish at least with a tie for 1st.

Reign of Terrier
September 10th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Our offense looks great, we have a few kinks to work out on defense but I think we'll be great there too. I'm real excited about this year. We got out of the Valley of the Shadow of Death without injury

apaladin
September 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM
The Terriers did well. The big plays are what killed you. Both Palmetto state big boy teams are way over-rated IMHO especially the Gamecocks.

cmaxwellgsu
September 10th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Wofford deserves some props for the effort (as does Maine for theirs.) I was rooting for the boys from Spartanburg as I watched it on the crawler on ESPN. That said, my Eagles need to GATA in Nov!!

Skjellyfetti
September 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Wofford almost upset Clemson.

meh

Terrierforlife
September 10th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Our offense looks great, we have a few kinks to work out on defense but I think we'll be great there too. I'm real excited about this year. We got out of the Valley of the Shadow of Death without injury

You said a mouthful. NO INJURIES!

Grizzaholic
September 10th, 2011, 11:59 PM
So Wofford didn't just get a garbage TD at the end to make it appear close? Good for them.

Terrierforlife
September 11th, 2011, 12:02 AM

Unfortuanately we may drop due to how the top ten finished. I do believe that we will remain in the top ten, only dropping one or two slots. Realistically, a loss is a loss. No moral victories, on to conference play. But how about Clemson's athletes... impressive!

Terrierforlife
September 11th, 2011, 12:04 AM
So Wofford didn't just get a garbage TD at the end to make it appear close? Good for them.

Yeah, it was competitive. Just didn't finish.

OL FU
September 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM

yep actually led most of the game. Valient effort. I tried to tell my Clemson friends this one wouldn't be easy. I guess they believe me now.

AppChicago
September 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Really nice effort by the Terriers. I'm suddenly slightly less excited to play you. Clemson's having an off year (or an off few years... Dabo's on the ropes), but I'll say that Wofford didn't "almost win" this one. They "narrowly lost" this one. A one point difference between the teams, at best, at the end of each quarter and the whole game decided by a score? That's nothing to sneeze at.

Guess we'll just have to fight you that much harder in Spartanburg. xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Clemson didn't take a lead until about 40 minutes into the game :D

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2011, 08:04 AM
meh

something bothering you Skelly?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 11th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Where is the BYU guy that said Clemson would roll Wofford? Check out the quote in the link (post #27). I thought this might be a really good game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84097-Most-intriguing-FBS-matchups-for-2011&p=1622222&viewfull=1#post1622222

Reign of Terrier
September 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
The only way that game could have been sweeter for us is if we won....I know there is no such thing as a moral victory, but if there was one that was one of those games. I've never felt so good after a loss. I'm more pleased with my team than when we fought hard with USC a couple years back. We're gonna knick one of these big boys one day