PDA

View Full Version : Newport News Apprentice

UNHFan
September 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
What the hell is an FCS team doing playing the warehouse guys at the Newport news????

OK kinda joking but common!

Campbell 76-0

I say we here at AGS put a team together! I always wanted to play at Fitton field!

The AnygivenSaturday Aggies! Somebody design I uniform for us ILL call the Holt Cross AD

Newport News Apprentice?? REALLY??

Dane96
September 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Agreed.

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2011, 03:45 PM
The Apprentice School is technically D-III.

UNHFan
September 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah well the AGS Aggies wanna play them!! :0

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM
The Apprentice School is technically D-III.

Wrong answer. They are USCAA like Concordia-Selma.

Do not believe they even attempted to apply for D3 the last go around either.

UNIFanSince1983
September 10th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I was confused by this. On the Builders website it says both USCAA, but also links to D3football.com. And if you go to http://www.theuscaa.com/landing/index it doesn't even show them sponsoring football. But if you go to www.d3football.com they are not listed anywhere there either.

I have no idea what they are, but I digress.

TexasTerror
September 10th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I was confused by this. On the Builders website it says both USCAA, but also links to D3football.com. And if you go to http://www.theuscaa.com/landing/index it doesn't even show them sponsoring football. But if you go to www.d3football.com they are not listed anywhere there either.

I have no idea what they are, but I digress.

USCAA does not sponsor football, but all other Apprentice sports are within the USCAA.

The school has not yet even entered the D3 process, if that is what they are doing - http://www.d3sports.com/notables/2011/06/seven-schools-explore-d3

Dane96
September 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Who gives a ****; point is still there. Even for a new program, this is a disgusting game to schedule.

Milktruck74
September 10th, 2011, 07:26 PM
After 4 days of 3 a day practices at prep school (Fork Union), we went down and played the NNAA. I will say that the boys from Buis Creek paid the price for that win. We had 28 D1 scholarships on that team, and we killed them on the score board, but they beat us up. As a 17 year old, I looked across at a MAN with a full beard and 3 kids in the stands. It was an experience!!!!

SleepySmurf
September 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM
I think Charleston Southern plays Wesley later this year. They are D3 but at least they are a playoff team. Although they did lose to Kean today.

Franks Tanks
September 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Maybe Lafayette can beat these guys? Probably not.

UNHFan
September 10th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Who gives a ****; point is still there. Even for a new program, this is a disgusting game to schedule.

Thank you my Albany friend... And congrats on new stadium deal

NoCoDanny
September 10th, 2011, 10:43 PM
After 4 days of 3 a day practices at prep school (Fork Union), we went down and played the NNAA. I will say that the boys from Buis Creek paid the price for that win. We had 28 D1 scholarships on that team, and we killed them on the score board, but they beat us up. As a 17 year old, I looked across at a MAN with a full beard and 3 kids in the stands. It was an experience!!!!

So it was like playing BYU then basically.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 10th, 2011, 10:45 PM
So it was like playing BYU then basically.

He said three kids in the stands, not three wives.

DFW HOYA
September 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Further confusing the situation:

Apprentice used to play in something called the Atlantic College Football Conference, which was a Div. III conference until this year, but this article below notes the following:

"Newport News Apprentice is not an NCAA member. In fact, it’s not even a college. It’s a trade school responsible for turning out shipbuilders. But they’ve fielded a football team for longer than most people can remember, and although their games do not count for any regional ranking purposes, the NCAA has made a “special relationship” with the school."

http://jonfmorse.com/tog/?p=41

trbefn
September 10th, 2011, 10:53 PM
The Apprentice School is not really a D anything.It is not really a College,more of a technicial type of education. These guys play sports but get paid to learn how to build aircraft carriers,submarines (not a sandwhich) and ect. A unique situtation to say the least. Most of the players are from the Eastern Virginia and northern N.C. area and were the guys who were good H.S. players but not really looking for the usual college class room experience.

Milktruck74
September 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM

THAT WAS DAMN FUNNY. Much props on the wit!!!!

Rob Iola
September 11th, 2011, 11:47 AM

As opposed to Southern Utah, where their kids ARE their wives...

Side Judge
September 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
As opposed to Southern Utah, where their kids ARE their wives...

Treading on thin ice there Iola - take it to Smack...