PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game Attendance

JoshUCA
April 11th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I just have a question for all of you people out there. What is attendance like at your schools Spring Game? I am just curious because I want to see where we stack up in offseason support and such. Our attendance at the game was estimated by some to 300, others 500, and some say around 1,000....so who really knows, but wanted to see some other number so that I could compare.

bluehenbillk
April 11th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Normally anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 for us.

TexasTerror
April 11th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Our attendance at the game was estimated by some to 300, others 500, and some say around 1,000....so who really knows, but wanted to see some other number so that I could compare.

And this is why everyone criticizes official game attendance! :hurray:

kmax
April 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Montana State's first spring scrimmage (in Great Falls, not Bozeman) drew right at 3,000 people, with about 1,000 attending a dinner and auction the night before with guest speaker Lee Corso.

ASUalumni05
April 11th, 2006, 11:10 AM
App's spring scrimage was said to have 2,500 people attending in this article...

http://www.goasu.com/?page=202&article=7546&fromPage=137

I also read in a different article that said 3,000 people.

GoGuins
April 11th, 2006, 11:11 AM
YSU's is usually 1000-2000. It usually takes place on the last Friday (night) of April.

DTSpider
April 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Richmond has only had two spring games in recent times. The first two years ago was completely unadvertised and had about 750 people. Last year's version was barely advertised and had roughly 2000 people. They actually have advertised this year's game for this upcoming Saturday. Don't know if Easter weekend will hurt attendance, but we're supposed to have great weather. Rumor is that we're going to split into two teams this year and it'll be broadcasted the school's website.

Cocky
April 11th, 2006, 02:53 PM
We didn't have a true spring game but the practice had 1,500-2,000. Most came to eat the free food and drink the free beer.

McNeese72
April 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
I don't know what ours was, but our football coach insists on having it on a Thursday night instead of a Saturday to allow the players to get off for the weekend which kills some attendance. Plus, this year it was at 5PM because the lights damaged by Hurricane Rita haven't been fixed yet and that killed attendance even more.

Doc

jmuroller
April 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I would say JMU is anywhere from 1k to 2k. Last year more towards 2k for obvious reasons.

ngineer
April 11th, 2006, 06:01 PM
It's hard to tell with everyone spread out in the stadium and walking around, but I'd estimate about 500-750 or so. It's not a big advertised affair with the public. Football alums, parents, some students and the 'ardent' fan.

slostang
April 12th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Cal Poly's stadium is close due to renovations. They had a very controled scrimage at the practice field, not a true spring game. It was not well advertised and probably had a few parents and die hard fans. The total was less than 100. I think Cal Poly misses out on a great opportunity to build momentum and excitement for the next season.

Doo Cane 4 ever
April 12th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Probably about 20-30, with a couple of old guys walking their dogs through the campus and stopping to watch the game for a few minutes and several curious students catching a glance of the game as they go to the lunch room. Last year it started to snow half way through the game which led to most people leaving !!!!!!!!!

JohnG
April 12th, 2006, 07:36 PM
It's hard to tell with everyone spread out in the stadium and walking around, but I'd estimate about 500-750 or so. It's not a big advertised affair with the public. Football alums, parents, some students and the 'ardent' fan.

Yea the game is very poorly advertised and last year it was raining which hurt attendance even more, also I dont think they had any buses for students who wanted to make it up there.

This year I saw that it was advertised on LehighSports.com as part of a Spring Sports day thing where they have several different events going on and it said there will be a few buses running for students. Although I highly doubt many students will show up since it is the same day as Sundaze (which is like a band festival/carnival for students put on my the student run activities group, UP).

If it's a nice day this year I'm going to try and get a big group together and go up and tailgate and then after football head over to the baseball games against some school from easton. So if you see a car from NC with a Lehigh car flag come say hey.

ngineer
April 12th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Yea the game is very poorly advertised and last year it was raining which hurt attendance even more, also I dont think they had any buses for students who wanted to make it up there.

This year I saw that it was advertised on LehighSports.com as part of a Spring Sports day thing where they have several different events going on and it said there will be a few buses running for students. Although I highly doubt many students will show up since it is the same day as Sundaze (which is like a band festival/carnival for students put on my the student run activities group, UP).

If it's a nice day this year I'm going to try and get a big group together and go up and tailgate and then after football head over to the baseball games against some school from easton. So if you see a car from NC with a Lehigh car flag come say hey.

Yes--including a big softball doubleheader with Colgate that will be starting about the time the football game will be ending--around 2 p.m. You already mentioned the dh with Laughteryette, so it should be a busy day in the valley--the band fest over on the academic campus, though, will certainly tough competition. I remember, back then, it was part of Greek Week and it was one hell of a weekend when they parked the Bankos Beer Truck with the taps sticking out of both sides right there among the fraternities in Sayre Park.....