View Full Version : Experience Leads Madison

JMU Duke Dog
April 10th, 2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.thebreeze.org/2006/04-10/sports3.html

Experience leads Madison
Key players on offense return from last year's team
By Whitney Proffitt, contributing writer
Posted on April 10, 2006

The JMU football team, coming off a 7-4 season, began spring practice Thursday and started preparing for Fall 2006.

“We’re good on offense and defense, and we’re coming together as a team,” rising senior quarterback Justin Rascati said. “We get better every day. I feel really good about this team; I think we have the talent to win the conference, and the ultimate goal is to win the national championship.”

Rising senior offensive guard Mike Parham, who transferred from Virginia Tech last year, said, “It’s an opportunity to put the pads back on and win positions and figure out our chemistry for the fall.”

(continued...)

Mr. C
April 11th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Can't wait for that Sept. 9 game between James Madison and Appalachian State in Boone. That will be a killer, with the past two national champions battling it out.

BigDukeDawg
April 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Even though we're losing Magerko, i think this will be a great year for the o-line (big corey davis, vernon eason, young buck scott lemn, mike parham, and either frankin martin or this huge samoan tackle transferring in from Utah who as he has said himself "loves to runblock") i thought the o-line from the national championship year was awesome and that last years line had no chance, and im the biggest of JMU football fans. We have 2 great running backs, a great quarterback, and a couple linemen coming back for their senior seasons which i think will push a man a little farther each play. Im excited about the App state game, them being national champs and all, but i feel our schedule is a little weak, i mean come on Bloomburg? Richmond and New Hampshire away is gon be crazy hard and i wish we could have added a D1A game, but ive heard from the players the teams that were offered our open weekend from our schedule declined *cough cough* (virginia tech) but i can understand theyre having enough problems keeping their running backs healthy anyway. If nothing else it will be an exciting season with the assbuckets from Delaware and the screech types from William & Mary ... go dukes

89Hen
April 12th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Is Mike Parham related to UVA's Kai Parham?

DTSpider
April 12th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Is Mike Parham related to UVA's Kai Parham?

I don't think so.

GannonFan
April 13th, 2006, 09:29 AM
...the assbuckets from Delaware and the screech types from William & Mary ... go dukes

I don't even know what those names mean. "Assbuckets"? "Screech types"? Man, it's like a whole different language in Harrisonburg these days.

BigDukeDawg
April 13th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Nah, Mike Parham is no relation to Kai, and dont get offended GannonFan i consider delaware and w&m to be the biggest matchups against JMU at home this year so i gotta hate on em, but come on "screech-types" saved by the bell? no, nothing? watch some tbs

GannonFan
April 13th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Nah, Mike Parham is no relation to Kai, and dont get offended GannonFan i consider delaware and w&m to be the biggest matchups against JMU at home this year so i gotta hate on em, but come on "screech-types" saved by the bell? no, nothing? watch some tbs

I'm as big of a Saved by the Bell fan as there is - IMO, you can't defame someone by calling him a Screech - the man was just too cool to consider that being an insult. ;)

Tribe4SF
April 15th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'm as big of a Saved by the Bell fan as there is - IMO, you can't defame someone by calling him a Screech - the man was just too cool to consider that being an insult. ;)

Right you are, GF!

I took it as a compliment!:cool:

Tribe4SF
April 15th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Even though we're losing Magerko, i think this will be a great year for the o-line (big corey davis, vernon eason, young buck scott lemn, mike parham, and either frankin martin or this huge samoan tackle transferring in from Utah who as he has said himself "loves to runblock") i thought the o-line from the national championship year was awesome and that last years line had no chance, and im the biggest of JMU football fans.

Your 0-line is still a question mark. Corey Davis is great, but when you lose your best (Magerko) from a line that was a considerable step down from 2004, the jury will be out. Eason's a good prospect. We've got his HS teammate Thomas McCutcheon. He's also a good OL prospect.

BigDukeDawg
April 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Yea i totally understand what you mean, i knew this past season was gonna be hard. I think one of the most underrated people we lost was Leon Steinfeld, at center he could get out to the second level to get that key block to spring a long gain. Braswell just couldnt get out there the same, but this transfer young buck from Navy Prep, Scott Lemn has been showing well at spring practices. Eason is definately up and coming also been showing well at spring practices. Mike Parham is also a transfer who been showing his **** as we say round here. A transfer or Franklin Martin will do fine at the other tackle spot. And as of recently, and keep this on the low, marvin brown has been messin people up left and right at the tight end spot. I think our o-line overall will be better this year more so than last year, even after losing coach newsome.... Im going to check out the scrimmage now, see how them boys are doin