PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Conference predictions 9-10

JALMOND
September 7th, 2011, 11:49 PM
So I start off the year 7-2 by not giving Sac State enough credit and UNC too much credit. Yet I'm still pleased by it as both EWU and WSU could have really messed me up. What I really could use this week is perfection and with Portland State having a bye, none of my picks could classify me as a "homer". Here are this week's predictions involving the Big Sky. Once again, the Big Sky teams are abbreviated and the out of conference teams are spelled out.

EWU at South Dakota---Fresh off a near miss against the Pac-12, the Eagles stay on the road, playing the Great West (and soon to be Missouri Valley) South Dakota team, who is also coming off an FBS loss. Will the Eagles drop because of the pressure of being the defending national champions or will they soar off their near win last week...EWU 38, South Dakota 23.

Western State, CO at ISU---The Bengals are coming off a relatively good showing against Washington State last week (for them anyway) and now face a DII team in the mini-Dome. Still not too sure about the Bengals, but playing the former Montana patsy should be good enough for a win...ISU 48, Western State 10.

Cal Poly at UM---The Grizzlies head back to their home den after a tough loss to the SEC's Tennessee team, and entertain soon to be conference foe Cal Poly, who were losing to the Mountain West's San Diego State. Both teams play each other tough, regardless of where the game is, but it seems the Grizzlies end up on top. Good bet in this game too...UM 24, Cal Poly 20.

UC-Davis at MSU---The Bobcats head back home after playing the Pac-12's new team and UC-Davis comes in after losing to Arizona State. These future conference mates both played Thursday so no one has an advantage there. The Bobcats are hoping a repeat of 2006 does not occur. Slim chance of that happening this year...MSU 31, UC-Davis 17.

Fort Lewis, CO at NAU---After getting beat by the Pac-12's Arizona team, the Lumberjacks step down to DII and welcome Fort Lewis to the big Skydome. Questions still abound for the Jacks as they play their home opener but they really should not have too much problem with this game...NAU 31, Fort Lewis 17.

UNC at Colorado State---Last week, the Bears could not contain the NAIA's strong Lindenwood team. Now they step up to the FBS and play their next door neighbor, Colorado State. Colorado State is not really all that good, but the Bears...well, nevermind...Colorado State 38, UNC 7.

Sac State at Southern Utah---Interesting matchup involving a Big Sky team and a future adversary. The Hornets upset the Pac-12's Oregon State team last week, seemingly showing they are for real. Southern Utah was hoping for a great year, but fell last week to South Dakota State. Who wants this more?...Sac State 30, Southern Utah 27.

WSU at Utah State---The Wildcats came within an eyelash of beating FBS Wyoming last week, while Utah State came just as close against Auburn. Before the year, it looked like the Wildcats may have the same chance against both FBS teams. Now, maybe not so much...Utah State 31, WSU 20.

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 12:07 AM
You are too damn normal to argue with.

I Bleed Purple
September 8th, 2011, 03:56 AM
So I start off the year 7-2 by not giving Sac State enough credit and UNC too much credit. Yet I'm still pleased by it as both EWU and WSU could have really messed me up. What I really could use this week is perfection and with Portland State having a bye, none of my picks could classify me as a "homer". Here are this week's predictions involving the Big Sky. Once again, the Big Sky teams are abbreviated and the out of conference teams are spelled out.

EWU at South Dakota---Fresh off a near miss against the Pac-12, the Eagles stay on the road, playing the Great West (and soon to be Missouri Valley) South Dakota team, who is also coming off an FBS loss. Will the Eagles drop because of the pressure of being the defending national champions or will they soar off their near win last week...EWU 38, South Dakota 23.

Western State, CO at ISU---The Bengals are coming off a relatively good showing against Washington State last week (for them anyway) and now face a DII team in the mini-Dome. Still not too sure about the Bengals, but playing the former Montana patsy should be good enough for a win...ISU 48, Western State 10.

Cal Poly at UM---The Grizzlies head back to their home den after a tough loss to the SEC's Tennessee team, and entertain soon to be conference foe Cal Poly, who were losing to the Mountain West's San Diego State. Both teams play each other tough, regardless of where the game is, but it seems the Grizzlies end up on top. Good bet in this game too...UM 24, Cal Poly 20.

UC-Davis at MSU---The Bobcats head back home after playing the Pac-12's new team and UC-Davis comes in after losing to Arizona State. These future conference mates both played Thursday so no one has an advantage there. The Bobcats are hoping a repeat of 2006 does not occur. Slim chance of that happening this year...MSU 31, UC-Davis 17.

Fort Lewis, CO at NAU---After getting beat by the Pac-12's Arizona team, the Lumberjacks step down to DII and welcome Fort Lewis to the big Skydome. Questions still abound for the Jacks as they play their home opener but they really should not have too much problem with this game...NAU 31, Fort Lewis 17.

UNC at Colorado State---Last week, the Bears could not contain the NAIA's strong Lindenwood team. Now they step up to the FBS and play their next door neighbor, Colorado State. Colorado State is not really all that good, but the Bears...well, nevermind...Colorado State 38, UNC 7.

Sac State at Southern Utah---Interesting matchup involving a Big Sky team and a future adversary. The Hornets upset the Pac-12's Oregon State team last week, seemingly showing they are for real. Southern Utah was hoping for a great year, but fell last week to South Dakota State. Who wants this more?...Sac State 30, Southern Utah 27.

WSU at Utah State---The Wildcats came within an eyelash of beating FBS Wyoming last week, while Utah State came just as close against Auburn. Before the year, it looked like the Wildcats may have the same chance against both FBS teams. Now, maybe not so much...Utah State 31, WSU 20.

Says Mr. 31-7.

:p

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I misread one...I can argue with you now. SUU will win.

wapiti
September 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM
It almost as if the Big Sky expansion has already occured this weekend. 4 of the games are between the Big Sky and the Great West. I gave each W to the Big Sky team. Hopufully I'm not being a "confrence homer" in doing so.

EWU 32 at South Dakota 13 EWU nearly took down UW last weekend. If that level of play continues it will not matter how well SD plays.

Western State, CO 10 at ISU 35 Even with ISU being toward the bottom of the Big Sky they should have no problem with Western State.

Cal Poly 27 at UM 28 This games always seem to be close and to come down to the wire.

UC-Davis 10 at MSU 28 Last time these two teams played UC-D won something like 40 to zero. The MSU team is much better this time around.

Fort Lewis, CO 6 at NAU 42 NAU should have no problem with DII Fort Lewis.

UNC 9 at Colorado State 45 FBS CSU should have no problem with UNC.

Sac State 29 at Southern Utah 17 Before the start of the season I would have picked SUU for the W. But since Sac beat OSU and if they continue that level of play they will get the W.

WSU 7 at Utah State 32 USU nearly beat FBS champ Auburn. They should have little problem with the BBQ.

Future Big Sky member:
North Dakota 7 at Idaho 38

THE DANIMAL
September 9th, 2011, 12:00 PM
MONTANA 35 CAL POLY 17
EWU 41 SOUTH DAKOTA 14
IDAHO ST. 45 WESTERN ST. 7
MSU 35 UC DAVIS 14
NAU 48 FT. LEWIS 10
NORTHERN COLORADO 7 COLORADO ST. 48
SACRAMENTO ST. 38 SOUTHERN UTAH 35
WEBER ST. 17 UTAH ST. 28

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Is Northern Colorado going to win a game this year?

I say no.

Montana
EWU
Idaho State
MSU
NAU
Colorado State
Sac State
Utah State

Grizzaholic
September 9th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Is SUU just an unknown, has everybody jumped on the bandwagon of Sac St. due to last weeks win or do folks think that Sac St will be good this year?

JALMOND
September 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Is SUU just an unknown, has everybody jumped on the bandwagon of Sac St. due to last weeks win or do folks think that Sac St will be good this year?

I had some of the Sac State koolade before the season. I had some of the Southern Utah koolade, too. After their loss to South Dakota State, the SUU koolade turned sour, which caused me to order a pitcher of the Sac State koolade this week.

Grizzaholic
September 9th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I had some of the Sac State koolade before the season. I had some of the Southern Utah koolade, too. After their loss to South Dakota State, the SUU koolade turned sour, which caused me to order a pitcher of the Sac State koolade this week.

Shame. Just a damn shame.

JALMOND
September 10th, 2011, 07:38 PM

Ugh! I'm sick of koolade. Someone get me a beer.

I Bleed Purple
September 10th, 2011, 07:44 PM

Dude, you're already four down and Week 2 isn't even over yet. I'd go for something stiffer.

Grizzaholic
September 10th, 2011, 10:20 PM

Sorry Jalmond. I know you have had a rough go this week. How about a hug?

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/images.bears-2004a/web/brown_bear.c09.09.2004.JZ3F4141.b-700.jpg

JALMOND
September 11th, 2011, 02:02 AM

6-2 for the week, 13-4 overall and its only the second week. Must be parity (yeah, that's it).