PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh UNH Video Preview

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Here are some great highlights from the Lehigh Monmouth game as well as a look ahead to Saturdays showdown against UNH.

I love watching Spadola blow by Monmouth's AA Gumbs. #26 showed great speed as well.

http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/sights-set-on-saturday-unh-preview.aspx

Lakes Bison
September 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Lehigh rocks......

alvinkayak6
September 8th, 2011, 12:02 AM
Lehigh is surpisingly good. Did the Hawks benefit from having the Eagles NFL camp in town? Or is that just a coincidence?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Lehigh is surpisingly good. Did the Hawks benefit from having the Eagles NFL camp in town? Or is that just a coincidence?

Lehigh has always had good teams. The stretch from '07-'09 was the worst run at the school in over 40 years. They're the winningest program in PL history, slim margin over Colgate, so the expectation is to compete at a high level each year. Lehigh is also the only school to make it to the FCS playoffs in ever every decade, 70's, 80's, 80's, 00's, and 10's. Check out their run from '98 to '05, extremely impressive.

I believe that most Lehigh fans have come to realize that without scholarships there is a ceiling for the program. Even so, a couple playoff wins are certainly a realistic goal imo. Colgate proved and then some by reaching the title game.

alvinkayak6
September 8th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Lehigh has always had good teams. The stretch from '07-'09 was the worst run at the school in over 40 years. They're the winningest program in PL history, slim margin over Colgate, so the expectation is to compete at a high level each year. Lehigh is also the only school to make it to the FCS playoffs in ever every decade, 70's, 80's, 80's, 00's, and 10's.

I believe that most Lehigh fans have come to realize that without scholarships there is a ceiling for the program. Even so, a couple playoff wins are certainly a realistic goal imo. Colgate proved and then some by reaching the title game.

I appreciate the history lesson, but you didn't answer my question really (didn't mean that to sound so rude).

I admit Lehigh is pretty amazing right now, but I also think the Philadelphia media you love so much really drums the local flavor too much to be fair and balanced (i.e. NovaCats, Delaware, Lehigh, and so on).

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I appreciate the history lesson, but you didn't answer my question really (didn't mean that to sound so rude).

I admit Lehigh is pretty amazing right now, but I also think the Philadelphia media you love so much really drums the local flavor too much to be fair and balanced (i.e. NovaCats, Delaware, Lehigh, and so on).

Lehigh's run in the late 90's could very well have been aided by a boost in recruiting caused by the Eagles arrival in 1996. Having the Eagles there certainly helps give the program and facilities great exposure.