PDA

View Full Version : W&M / Spring Game photos.

Tribe4SF
April 10th, 2006, 07:29 AM
http://tribeathletics.com/files/fb/2006/SPR3/

Tribe will move this Fall on the arm and legs of Sophomore QB Jake Phillips, who solidified his grip on the starting job this Spring. Phillips was 10-14 for 150 yards and 3 TDs, and had three runs for about 30 yards.

JMU Duke Dog
April 11th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I was in attendance at this past weekend's Green and Gold game at Zable Stadium. I was scouting out the "enemy" for JMU's 2006 homecoming game. :read:

DTSpider
April 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
W&M's SID needs to be commended for the fine job done this spring. The website has lots of pictures and the player interviews are great. I wish UR did something similar.

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I was in attendance at this past weekend's Green and Gold game at Zable Stadium. I was scouting out the "enemy" for JMU's 2006 homecoming game. :read:

Why waste your time? You know we don't stand a chance. According to Rascati and Mickey, you guys are a lock for the conference.

Wish you'd let me know. I would love to have had you come to the QB Club tailgate.

jmuroller
April 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM
According to Rascati and Mickey, you guys are a lock for the conference.

Please show me where they said this?

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Please show me where they said this?

http://www.thebreeze.org/2006/04-10/sports3.html

That's Rascatti's take. Mickey always thinks you're a lock.;)

Don't get to serious on us, now. It's only April.:smiley_wi

jmuroller
April 11th, 2006, 09:03 PM
confident and lock are completely different..what do you what him to say? "We will be lucky to win 5 games. We have a long road ahead of us."

-anyways..I just hope the W&M and JMU game can be a meaningful game for both us with playoff implications. The past two are some of the best 2 games I have ever seen..TV or live!!!!

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Relax, Roller, we're all friends here. We're allowed to play, and that's all I was doing.

jmuroller
April 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Relax, Roller, we're all friends here. We're allowed to play, and that's all I was doing.

I understand...I'm just hoping Phillips doesn't "pan-out" if you know what I mean. That's all Laycock needs is another QB that can run and throw.

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I understand...I'm just hoping Phillips doesn't "pan-out" if you know what I mean. That's all Laycock needs is another QB that can run and throw.

Well Jake has certainly established that he can do that. The big question is whether a revamped O-line can keep his running from being the "for his life" kind. Down the stretch last year, that's what he was doing.

We have another QB in the wings now who can also run and throw. Rfr. RJ Archer, from Albemarle HS in Charlottesville has shown similar talent to Phillips. He's such a good athlete they've moved him to wideout, where he will see the field in the Fall.

I don't remember us having such quality depth at QB. If Jake were to get hurt, Potts would surely step in, but Archer would go right back to QB, and I think he might prevail over time. I've been very impressed with him.

Tribe4SF
April 11th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Here's RJ Archer, a few days after the switch to WR (still wearing red QB jersey), turning a catch behind the line into a 17 yard gain.