PDA

View Full Version : QBs See Live Action in 2nd SHSU Scrimmage

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Another breakaway run by RB Andrew Audelin highlighted the offense as the QBs got to take really get some pressure on them from the defense in the second scrimmage. We're two weeks away from the Orange and White game. Really not sure what to make of the situation for the Kats just yet. Our AD said in an interview that he knows the football staff wants to have a starting QB after spring, heading into the fall...

From the Huntsville Item
By Cody Stark, Assistant Sports Editor

The Sam Houston State football team had another intrasquad scrimmage Saturday morning at Bowers Stadium, and this time, the quarterbacks finally got to get in on the hard hitting.

For the first time this spring, Wade Pate, Noah Allen, Phillip Daugherty, Brett Hicks and Jordan Reever were reminded what it's like to get a face full of turf, as the defense got to get its shots in on SHSU's signal-callers.

On a cold, windy morning when downfield passing was a struggle, all five quarterbacks had their moments with dumpoffs and short routes.

“We livened our quarterbacks up today and really got them going,” Bearkats head coach Todd Whitten said. “We got to see each of them handle some real live game situations and see how each responded knowing they were going to get hit. That's the only fair way we can make a decision, to see who is going to take care of the ball and see who can make plays with their feet.

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/spring_qb_hits.html

TheRiver
April 9th, 2006, 08:47 AM
There was noting great that I saw I'm getting worried that we will have another down year, I hop they get it to getter to many fumbles and the OL off all day, the Running back looked strong and had his moments. But I have not seen a leader or anyone that really stands out.

blackfordpu
April 9th, 2006, 11:51 AM
There was noting great that I saw I'm getting worried that we will have another down year, I hop they get it to getter to many fumbles and the OL off all day, the Running back looked strong and had his moments. But I have not seen a leader or anyone that really stands out.

Give it time, it was only the second scrimmage.

kats89
April 9th, 2006, 11:17 PM
TW and Co are not gonna have much time. He better produce this year or his head could be on the chopping block. The AD got a taste of playoff football and wants nothing less.:twocents: