PDA

View Full Version : Why are nine threads stickied

Twentysix
September 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Kinda defeats the point of a sticky. xconfusedx

I notice mostly because im on a low res netbook.

SoCon48
September 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM

What is a sticky??

andy7171
September 6th, 2011, 08:06 AM

I was just thinking the same thing. xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2011, 08:10 AM
The use of "sticky" as a transitive verb in a thread heading - yet another AGS innovation! Simply outstanding.

Gil Dobie
September 6th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Why do we need so many?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8nO9gn_WY3xfnKSXZMbFKX17Fb3V5v petUCR3e5Rr73c3iPe7

andy7171
September 6th, 2011, 08:14 AM
The NEC week 2 prediction thread is understandable, but the other 8 ....????

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Mods, can we sticky this thread so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again?

Twentysix
September 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Mods, can we sticky this thread so that we can make sure this doesn't happen again?

Second

eagle07
September 6th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh guys, stop replying or this one is going to end up sticky too!!!!

superman7515
September 6th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh guys, stop replying or this one is going to end up sticky too!!!!

Think that's bad, you should visit the lounge and see how sticky the bikini thread is.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I try not to come on here and post to often (as Im working on revamping my image), but bjtheflamesfan clued me into this discussion and I thought Id weigh in...the reason all those Pick em threads were stuck was because one of the posters (SF State Gaters I think) had asked for the Pick em threads to be stuck so that people wouldnt have to hunt through extra pages of discussion. By having them stuck all they have to do is go to the first page, find the pick em they are involved in and...bam...done.

darell1976
September 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
I try not to come on here and post to often (as Im working on revamping my image), but bjtheflamesfan clued me into this discussion and I thought Id weigh in...the reason all those Pick em threads were stuck was because one of the posters (SF State Gaters I think) had asked for the Pick em threads to be stuck so that people wouldnt have to hunt through extra pages of discussion. By having them stuck all they have to do is go to the first page, find the pick em they are involved in and...bam...done.

xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM

I figured as much. With the easy-to-find pick 'ems at the top of the page, it might actually lead to a decrease of the proliferation of Patriot League threads lacking any coherent focus. Or not.

Ken_Z
September 6th, 2011, 09:37 AM
it might actually lead to a decrease of the proliferation of Patriot League threads lacking any coherent focus. Or not.

a lack of coherent focus on PL football? we are just following our Presidents lead.

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
a lack of coherent focus on PL football? we are just following our Presidents lead.

All the navigational sensibility of a New Jersey traffic circle - but lacking the attitude.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
What is a sticky??

It is like a pasty...got any pics?

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM

Brand new innovation. Ever use the SEARCH function. Works great....and doesn't require a sticky.

TheBisonator
September 6th, 2011, 10:03 AM
As I was about to enter this forum, I saw the last post preview for the general discussion forum on the right hand column, and with the subject line I thought, "This HAS to be a stickied thread." We're all so predictable.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I was actually wondering this same thing a couple of days ago. I don't think we need to have the top of every forum filled with stickies. I'm just arbitrarily picking a number here but I would like to see maybe 2 or 3 stickied threads in each forum. It gets to the point where you just zoom past and don't even look at the stickied threads after a while.

If we have a thread that you personally want to go back and find easily then you as an individual can "subscribe" to a thread and have it sitting in your usercp for easy reference.

What is the problem if we sticky a thread for it's first week and and once it is stickied tell the users that it is temporary and they will need to subscribe if they want to find it easily later?

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I was actually wondering this same thing a couple of days ago. I don't think we need to have the top of every forum filled with stickies. I'm just arbitrarily picking a number here but I would like to see maybe 2 or 3 stickied threads in each forum. It gets to the point where you just zoom past and don't even look at the stickied threads after a while.

If we have a thread that you personally want to go back and find easily then you as an individual can "subscribe" to a thread and have it sitting in your usercp for easy reference.

What is the problem if we sticky a thread for it's first week and and once it is stickied tell the users that it is temporary and they will need to subscribe if they want to find it easily later?

xsmileyclapx

SoCon48
September 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM
It is like a pasty...got any pics?

Good one. +1

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Good one. +1

-1...not showing a pic when asked to do so. Here is my contributing to this thread, well two to cover your mis-post.

IMAGE WENT HERE

Removed image

ursus arctos horribilis
September 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM
-1...not showing a pic when asked to do so. Here is my contributing to this thread, well two to cover your mis-post.

IMAGE WENT HERE

Removed image
Didn't see it but thanks for recognizing that there are specific threads (not in FCSD) that those go in. I appreciate it.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM

that sounds like a fine idea Ursus!

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Didn't see it but thanks for recognizing that there are specific threads (not in FCSD) that those go in. I appreciate it.

Yeah...I figured it would not be ok. Just trying to follow in Side Judge's footsteps.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
but youre not a mod grizza...

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
but youre not a mod grizza...

You sure are a quick one, aren't ya. I bet you were the head gold star getter at Liberty as well as the teacher's pet.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2011, 02:56 PM
Ursus makes every thread sticky. Sick bastard.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Ursus makes every thread sticky. Sick bastard.

REPS

AppAlum2003
September 6th, 2011, 03:30 PM
REPS

Wait, so all we have to do is call Ursus names and we get rep?

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Wait, so all we have to do is call Ursus names and we get rep?

I believe there was no name calling. Just keen observation.

Neg reps to you.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the RED chicklet BJ. I gave you a greenie because you and I are such good friends.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 05:19 PM
http://susansternberg.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/8217-hooked-fish.jpg

like shooting fish in a barrel...

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM
And, you sir, are no Citdog. Haven't you killed yourself yet? we all are waiting.

Twentysix
September 7th, 2011, 12:26 AM
I kinda got that, but i noticed only 4 conference's pickem threads were stickied.

Im so proud that my thread could get stickied. Please unsticky it now...

I definitly agree with the only sticking 2-3 threads tops sentiment.

appfan2008
September 7th, 2011, 06:28 AM
happy that most of the sticky's are gone... lets keep it that way...

proasu89
September 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Because 10 would be too many.