PDA

View Full Version : Interview with NC A&T HC, Lee Fobbs

TexasTerror
April 8th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Coach Lee Fobbs of North Carolina A&T covers getting to work late in the recruiting process, playing more I-A foes, the budget struggles of NC A&T (which is below the MEAC average) and thoughts on today's scrimmage...

------------
Q. You weren't on the payroll until the first week of January and you apparently did pretty well in recruiting. How did that come together?

A. It was something I was really concerned about and am still concerned about simply because we're so far behind. We'll continue to work. Right now we're looking at (high school) juniors. I feel, especially with our numbers and people, we're behind. We've got to continue to work. Will we ever catch up? I don't know. But we've got to keep recruiting. That's the name of the game.

Q. What will your scholarship head count be Aug. 1?

A. I want to replace what we lost and have the opportunity to do that. I'm hoping to be as close to my numbers as I can. That's the goal: to be as close to the NCAA maximum, 63, as we can. With the kids we currently have on campus who are eligible, we're a way off now.

Q. What's the quarterback situation? It's no secret this program struggled at that position the past two years.

A. No secret at all. We've got a young kid working there. Herbert Miller of Carver High School. Redshirt freshman. And that's what he is. He's working hard and everything's all new to him. A new system. He's got a future, but he's got a ways to go here. We signed a kid, but by the time I got in, there was nothing else out there that we wanted to get. We'll keep searching.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060408/NEWSREC0105/604080319