PDA

View Full Version : GA St. v. CAU

GA St. MBB Fan
September 4th, 2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2011-09-03/road-trip-clark-atlanta-georgia-state

and 3 days of football at the GA Dome:
http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=97471435001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAFAsZ1c~,8MkVRvW0DmauKT3uAriKKf2yHz TPz5MP&bclid=1717763724&bctid=1142501539001

eaglewraith
September 5th, 2011, 09:21 AM
No way there was ~26k there with all those empty seats. I saw where an AJC writer said the lower bowl was only 2/3 full and it holds 30k I believe, so the number should be much lower than what was reported based on what I'm seeing.

superman7515
September 5th, 2011, 10:26 AM
No way there was ~26k there with all those empty seats. I saw where an AJC writer said the lower bowl was only 2/3 full and it holds 30k I believe, so the number should be much lower than what was reported based on what I'm seeing.

Clark Atlanta is a big draw and I'm not kidding. They average around 10k per game, which for D2 is outstanding, and didn't even have to leave Atlanta for this game. No reason to think they couldn't have brought their usual number of fans to the Georgia Dome when their home stadium is literally 3 blocks away. Bing Maps - Clark Atlanta to Georgia Dome (http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=Z9LH4#Y3A9MzMuNzUzMjg1MjM2MDU3Mzk0fi04NC40MD kzMjQyMjg3NjM1OCZsdmw9MTQmc3R5PXImcnRwPXBvcy4zMy43 NTY0MjFfLTg0LjQwMTI0Ml9HZW9yZ2lhJTIwRG9tZSUyQyUyME dBX19fZV9+cG9zLjMzLjc1MjA2OTAwMDAwMDAwNl8tODQuNDA5 MzQ4OTk5OTk5OTlfQ2xhcmslMjBBdGxhbnRhJTIwVW5pdmVyc2 l0eSUyQyUyMEdBX19fZV8mbW9kZT1EJnJ0b3A9MH4wfjB+)

ButlerGSU
September 5th, 2011, 11:24 AM
"The Dome’s lower bowl, which accommodates 28,155 and was packed on Opening Night 364 days earlier, was only two-thirds full. (And the “visiting” team was Clark Atlanta, which sits within the Dome’s shadow.)"

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2011/09/02/year-2-begins-for-georgia-state-which-is-no-longer-a-novelty-act/

glsjunior
September 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
"The Dome’s lower bowl, which accommodates 28,155 and was packed on Opening Night 364 days earlier, was only two-thirds full. (And the “visiting” team was Clark Atlanta, which sits within the Dome’s shadow.)"

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2011/09/02/year-2-begins-for-georgia-state-which-is-no-longer-a-novelty-act/

They opened up an overflow on the level above the student section which was full. Why they didn't just move them to CAU's side of the field who knows. But it doesn't matter whether YOU think we actually drew it or not, that's what we reported, it is what it is.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Nice opener for Ga St. Interested to see how Saturday goes vs Old Dominion.

GA St. MBB Fan
September 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
The student section from Friday night:
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k515/GaStMBBfan/324985_10150319490364238_500299237_7704202_252280_ o.jpg

Note the Mezzanine level full as well.

JMUNJ08
September 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k515/GaStMBBfan/324985_10150319490364238_500299237_7704202_252280_ o.jpg

Decent proof for me. Always what we ask for! Other areas may not be nearly as full and more sporadic but there clearly is some support.

GA St. MBB Fan
September 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiastate/sets/72157627454078227/

GA St. MBB Fan
September 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Decent proof for me. Always what we ask for! Other areas may not be nearly as full and more sporadic but there clearly is some support.

This pic was taken by my wife and I had no idea it existed until I saw it on her facebook. Leave it to a woman to take pictures of the crowd during a football game. :)

panama
September 5th, 2011, 09:05 PM
I was shocked at the student turnout. They had been buzzing on Twitter for weeks but was still shocked that they came out like that for Clark of all schools. We'll need a repeat performance on Saturday for ODU

ButlerGSU
September 5th, 2011, 09:37 PM
They opened up an overflow on the level above the student section which was full. Why they didn't just move them to CAU's side of the field who knows. But it doesn't matter whether YOU think we actually drew it or not, that's what we reported, it is what it is.

I don't know what you are talking about with the 'it doesn't matter whether YOU think we actually drew it or not' statement. I simply quoted an Atlanta journalist.

panama
September 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I don't know what you are talking about with the 'it doesn't matter whether YOU think we actually drew it or not' statement. I simply quoted an Atlanta journalist.

Mark Bradley is an a$$clown and a UGA/BCS homer. He and a few of his brethren at the AJC are not happy about being forced to cover us by Cox Communications (parent company). There is a tone and repeated use of words like "fledgling" and "little" meant to intimate that we are not Georgia or Georgia Tech. At any rate it was a great game and a great crowd. Onward and upward.

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Same with last year, the school has no incentive to lie and every ticket is electronically scanned.

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Same with last year, the school has no incentive to lie and every ticket is electronically scanned.

No incentive to lie? Really? You don't think that your administration wants to legitimize your fledgling program in any way possible?

seantaylor
September 6th, 2011, 02:34 AM
No incentive to lie? They lied last year and lied this year. The photos prove it unless all the bums in Atlanta were on the concourse getting detoxed that we didn't see.

pike51
September 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Talk to me when GAy State is relevant... until then...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm231/klops0/12097856126921.jpg?t=1242055948

spdrumline
September 6th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Mark Bradley is an a$$clown and a UGA/BCS homer. He and a few of his brethren at the AJC are not happy about being forced to cover us by Cox Communications (parent company). There is a tone and repeated use of words like "fledgling" and "little" meant to intimate that we are not Georgia or Georgia Tech. At any rate it was a great game and a great crowd. Onward and upward.

Because you're not? You act like you've never read Bradley, he's a d*ck. Anytime UGA or Georgia Tech sucks, he is all over them, with that "annoying smug sportswriter whom no one likes, but the newspaper keeps him around because he's controversial" tone. Go read John Adams in the Knoxville News-Sentinel, he's cut from the same cloth.

jweaver
September 6th, 2011, 10:08 AM
This is ridiculous. Is it so hard to understand that tickets are scanned electronically and then tallied? Is technology that far behind in Statesboro?

No incentive to lie? Really? You don't think that your administration wants to legitimize your fledgling program in any way possible?

No incentive to lie? They lied last year and lied this year. The photos prove it unless all the bums in Atlanta were on the concourse getting detoxed that we didn't see.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 10:24 AM
This is ridiculous. Is it so hard to understand that tickets are scanned electronically and then tallied? Is technology that far behind in Statesboro?

Is reality that far lost in Atlanta?

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM

I think the technology was stolen by Kelton Hill. The good thing is that he won't be prosecuted if he does extra math homework. Must be nice to be a student athlete and have the rules bent in your favor when your team desperately needs a player.

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I think the technology was stolen by Kelton Hill. The good thing is that he won't be prosecuted if he does extra math homework. Must be nice to be a student athlete and have the rules bent in your favor when your team desperately needs a player.

Tickets are scanned and then counted. But, I know Georgia Southern isn't talking about athletes committing criminal acts. Do we need to refresh your memory of actual crimes of your football players?

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Are you trying to say that breaking into someone’s home and stealing their computer is not an “actual” crime?

SuperEagle
September 6th, 2011, 12:28 PM
That's because very few people care about Ga. State but the paper is trying to force it down our throats. I honestly don't mean this to be disrespectful, but very few people in Atlanta care about your football team. And I'll include us in the mix too. We live in a uga state in the heart of SEC country. So when I picked up the paper Saturday morning, I was shocked to see your game front and center with the uga/boise game off to the side. That makes no sense. As much as I dislike uga, the AJC could have done a 20 page piece on that game and could have made some money. I'm doubting very few even bothered reading the article about your game. So why was it on there? It should have been an article on the 4th or 5th page. And can you honestly blame Bradley if he acts irritated?
Here's a guy that has covered big SEC games, final 4's, etc. and the paper makes him do a game on a Friday at the dome that is 2/3rd's empty by the best calculations. He probably feels this is below him and who can blame him?

ChooChoo
September 6th, 2011, 12:58 PM
The lower bowl wasnt filled because not all the designated $ seats were bought. Just like most Tech games, unless they're playing UGA there's a big glaring hole in the visitor's 50 yrd line seats. The tickets scanned Friday tell the tale, as does the student section. Of course it wouldn't matter how many we averaged or how much we win or lose by, there will be certain posters on here that will cry foul. As a south Georgia native I would root for Southern before State had a program. Now I hate that my darling niece goes to Southern among such angry, nasty fans. She went to one game as a freshman last year and said the student section was so bad that she will likely never go back. Classy.
Just so you know, I don't like it when State fans play the country, redneck, cowtipping (etc) card on Southern. You guys don't have a problem with the South GA kids and fans, it's the lushes and jerks from the ATL suburbs that don't know how to handle their liquor or their mouths once they leave their daddy's McMansion. Always has been and always will.

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Are you trying to say that breaking into someone’s home and stealing their computer is not an “actual” crime?

LOL!!!! Clearly that mud water in Statesboro is getting to you because you can't comprehend the difference between charges pressed v. charges dropped. If the DA drops charges, then there is no "actual" crime.

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM
That's because very few people care about Ga. State but the paper is trying to force it down our throats. I honestly don't mean this to be disrespectful, but very few people in Atlanta care about your football team. And I'll include us in the mix too. We live in a uga state in the heart of SEC country. So when I picked up the paper Saturday morning, I was shocked to see your game front and center with the uga/boise game off to the side. That makes no sense. As much as I dislike uga, the AJC could have done a 20 page piece on that game and could have made some money. I'm doubting very few even bothered reading the article about your game. So why was it on there? It should have been an article on the 4th or 5th page. And can you honestly blame Bradley if he acts irritated?
Here's a guy that has covered big SEC games, final 4's, etc. and the paper makes him do a game on a Friday at the dome that is 2/3rd's empty by the best calculations. He probably feels this is below him and who can blame him?
With all due respect, we have 100k alumni in just 5 Atlanta counties. and 50k in just Fulton and Dekalb. I know seeing us in the paper angers you because you're thinking "We have been at it for 30 years and have 5 titles". However there are a lot of people interested in us especially in South Metro. As for the reporters like Bradley its to be understood. They didnt sign on to the largest newspaper in the South to cover FCS. But Cox Communications would not be giving us the attention they are if it was not warranted. They know that 100k local alumni is a huge number. Tech may not have half that as their alumni all leave town since they are a specialty engineering school. Geez, we had 12,000 applications for Fall admission in 2010 which even then was double what we had ever had before. This year it was 31,000 applications for Fall 2011 admission. Somebody is interested in this school. I still dont get how our attendance or lack thereof or our media coverage or lack threof affects anyone else's school.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:17 PM
LOL!!!! Clearly that mud water in Statesboro is getting to you because you can't comprehend the difference between charges pressed v. charges dropped. If the DA drops charges, then there is no "actual" crime.

Just because charges were "dropped" doesn't mean Hill didn't break into somebody's room and steal a laptop. It just means that there was probably a deal made, which is what Gringer is referring to. If Hill stays in school, he won't be charged.

The Fulton County District Attorney has decided not to pursue the charges as long as Hill graduates within four years, according to a letter sent from the Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. to Georgia State President Mark Becker. If Hill fails to graduate, the district attorney retains the right to revise the charges.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/08/11/hill-readmitted-to-gsu-and-is-back-with-team/

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Is reality that far lost in Atlanta?

Part of the problem, besides GS' irrational obsession with us, is that the camera angle in the Dome is always towards the visitor sideline.The visitor side was maybe a third full. The visitor endzone was half full. The Student Section end zone was completely full as was the 2nd level Student Section. The Home side was 95% full. Its real easy to get to 27k and have the visitor side look sparse.

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Because you're not? You act like you've never read Bradley, he's a d*ck. Anytime UGA or Georgia Tech sucks, he is all over them, with that "annoying smug sportswriter whom no one likes, but the newspaper keeps him around because he's controversial" tone. Go read John Adams in the Knoxville News-Sentinel, he's cut from the same cloth.

Cannot disagree. I really hate him.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Part of the problem, besides GS' irrational obsession with us, is that the camera angle in the Dome is always towards the visitor sideline.The visitor side was maybe a third full. The visitor endzone was half full. The Student Section end zone was completely full as was the 2nd level Student Section. The Home side was 95% full. Its real easy to get to 27k and have the visitor side look sparse.

Please tell me this, Mr. panama. How come there is ALWAYS an excuse for why the Dome looks sparse during your games? Camera angle, halftime, end of the game because people are leaving (don't blame them), getting food, using the bathroom, blah blah blah. I don't care whether it's the 1st quarter, halftime, or after the last second has rolled off the clock, any picture of Paulson will show a packed stadium. Same for App. State, and others. Why all the excuses?

Oh wait...

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM

Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like a great crowd. It's interesting that you guys never have pics to post when the attendance is 6 k ;)

Any rhyme or reason behind that??? ;)

eaglemachine
September 6th, 2011, 01:28 PM
...I know seeing us in the paper angers you because you're thinking "We have been at it for 30 years and have 5 titles"...

Correction: 6 titles

It does not anger me that Georgia Southern does not appear in the AJC. I do not think Tech would get any coverage either if they happened to be outside of Atlanta. However, I do think that if the AJC, radio and television stations mention GA State as a startup, they should at least mention Georgia Southern when we go to the playoffs and win championships somewhere. That's quite an accomplishment for a school in your state and warrants coverage.

SuperEagle
September 6th, 2011, 01:30 PM
With all due respect, we have 100k alumni in just 5 Atlanta counties. and 50k in just Fulton and Dekalb. I know seeing us in the paper angers you because you're thinking "We have been at it for 30 years and have 5 titles". However there are a lot of people interested in us especially in South Metro. As for the reporters like Bradley its to be understood. They didnt sign on to the largest newspaper in the South to cover FCS. But Cox Communications would not be giving us the attention they are if it was not warranted. They know that 100k local alumni is a huge number. Tech may not have half that as their alumni all leave town since they are a specialty engineering school. Geez, we had 12,000 applications for Fall admission in 2010 which even then was double what we had ever had before. This year it was 31,000 applications for Fall 2011 admission. Somebody is interested in this school. I still dont get how our attendance or lack thereof or our media coverage or lack threof affects anyone else's school.
Why are you on the defensive so quickly? Do you really think you should have been the top story in the sport's section Saturday? Again, I am anti-uga but they were the story Saturday morning. Previewing their game against top 5 Boise is a zillion times a bigger story than your game against CAU. Surely you believe this, no? Anyway, if you're right, then I'm happy for you. More media attention can hopefully help you in the turnstiles at the Dome. I guess we'll see if all those alums start coming out. Only time will tell. The paper sure seems to be trying.

FormerPokeCenter
September 6th, 2011, 01:33 PM

I could be wrong, but I thought your total Alumni base was 28,000??? Maybe I'm misremembering SaintDick's great quote last year about having 28 milllion alumni? Anyway....interesting...it's like you guys just pluck figures out of the air...

But, if we accept your figure of 100k alumni in the 5 Atlanta counties, why do you guys get so thoroughly pissed off when we correctly refer to you as a commuter school????? ;)

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiastate/sets/72157627454078227/

And according to your link you shared, you can clearly see the packed house that is the DOOOOOOOOOOME.

According to this picture, that barely looks 2/3's full.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/6107480989_d5a61edf33_b.jpg

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like a great crowd. It's interesting that you guys never have pics to post when the attendance is 6 k ;)

LOL...well the lowest we have had was 12k and I know I sure didnt take pictures that day. 1/6 full is ugly.

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Just because charges were "dropped" doesn't mean Hill didn't break into somebody's room and steal a laptop. It just means that there was probably a deal made, which is what Gringer is referring to. If Hill stays in school, he won't be charged.

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/08/11/hill-readmitted-to-gsu-and-is-back-with-team/

LOL!!!! It's only getting better. LOL!!!! Let's see if I can fully explain this out. LOL!! First, a Southern poster claim that an "actual" crime was committing (he put quotation marks around the actual as if there was certainty). I then explain that if charges are dropped and they haven't been convicted in court, then no actual crime is certain.

Now, we have a fellow mudwater drinker trying to defend that stupid comment with speculation. LOL!!! I can use that logic for anything. Just because you can't see my wings doesn't mean I didn't fly to work. Just because you didn't see me as the Governor's limo driver, doesn't mean I'm not the Governor's driver. Good luck with the DA actually pressing charges 3-4 years later. Don't give that garbage that he felt sorry for a young man and gave him a break. There are hundreds of young kids who commit stupid crimes that don't get deals

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:41 PM
And according to your link you shared, you can clearly see the packed house that is the DOOOOOOOOOOME.

According to this picture, that barely looks 2/3's full.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6078/6107480989_d5a61edf33_b.jpg
The visitor end zone before the game. If you look in the left middle of the picture you will see the beginning of the home side which was full. Having said that I missed all of this as I was still outside loading the truck after the tailgate, There had to be at least 8 or 9 thousand folks outside when those fireworks went off. But the truth is that nothing short of 32k will ever make the place look full.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:41 PM
LOL!!!! It's only getting better. LOL!!!! Let's see if I can fully explain this out. LOL!! First, a Southern poster claim that an "actual" crime was committing (he put quotation marks around the actual as if there was certainty). I then explain that if charges are dropped and they haven't been convicted in court, then no actual crime is certain.

Now, we have a fellow mudwater drinker trying to defend that stupid comment with speculation. LOL!!! I can use that logic for anything. Just because you can't see my wings doesn't mean I didn't fly to work. Just because you didn't see me as the Governor's limo driver, doesn't mean I'm not the Governor's driver. Good luck with the DA actually pressing charges 3-4 years later. Don't give that garbage that he felt sorry for a young man and gave him a break. There are hundreds of young kids who commit stupid crimes that don't get deals

You are quite the stupid one.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM
The visitor end zone before the game. If you look in the left middle of the picture you will see the beginning of the home side which was full. Having said that I missed all of this as I was still outside loading the truck after the tailgate, There had to be at least 8 or 9 thousand folks outside when those fireworks went off. But the truth is that nothing short of 32k will ever make the place look full.

They just keep coming, don't they?

Excuses, that is.

jweaver
September 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
No. You just refuse to get it. Home side (to the left) almost full. Student section (behind the picture) overflowing into the top level. Visitors endzone (straight ahead) sparse.

Excuses aside, I was not in my seat at this point of the game either.

They just keep coming, don't they?

Excuses, that is.

unknown-swac
September 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Im personally not understanding how some people can be so slow as not to understand that the dome holds 70K+ people... the amount of people in the pics seems very likely what they claimed. I think some people just like to argue to argue.

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought your total Alumni base was 28,000??? Maybe I'm misremembering SaintDick's great quote last year about having 28 milllion alumni? Anyway....interesting...it's like you guys just pluck figures out of the air...

But, if we accept your figure of 100k alumni in the 5 Atlanta counties, why do you guys get so thoroughly pissed off when we correctly refer to you as a commuter school????? ;)

I dont pluck figures out of the air Poke.No need to. We have 33k students, 180k alumni worldwide, 100k in Metro Atlanta and 50k in Fulton and Dekalb.You can verify these figures with ww.gsu.edu or the GSU Alumni Association. As for Saint, he is on his own...lol. We also have 4k students living in on campus housing. I dont know of any large schools that house a majority of their students on campus. Sorry, nobody is going to wipe this smile off my face. Friday night was wonderful. Now as for how the turnout is for a this Saturday vs ODU I have my fears with it being at noon and televised.

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Im personally not understanding how some people can be so slow as not to understand that the dome holds 70K+ people... the amount of people in the pics seems very likely what they claimed. I think some people just like to argue to argue.

I truly believe that id we played GS and 72k showed up the GS fans on here would still deny it even if they themselves were there.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I truly believe that id we played GS and 72k showed up the GS fans on here would still deny it even if they themselves were there.

Where is the fun in agreeing?

panama
September 6th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Where is the fun in agreeing?

LMAO

Who do you guys play this week?

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
LMAO

Who do you guys play this week?

Tusculum. Yes, a DII team. I don't like it one bit.

eaglemachine
September 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Tusculum. Yes, a DII team. I don't like it one bit.

and why are we playing a DII team (like you did last week I might add)?....oh yeah GA State cancelled and shifted Coastal Carolina's schedule. Thanks for that.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 02:00 PM
and why are we playing a DII team (like you did last week I might add)?....oh yeah GA State cancelled and shifted Coastal Carolina's schedule. Thanks for that.

I was waiting for panama to respond. :D

eaglemachine
September 6th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I was waiting for panama to respond. :D

haha. Did not mean to mess up your diabolical plan :)

panama
September 6th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Just wow

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Just wow

Diabolical? Yeah, probably is a big word for you. Let me break it down for ya:

Diabolical : of, relating to, or characteristic of the devil : devilish <a diabolical plot>

— di·a·bol·i·cal·ly \-li-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

— di·a·bol·i·cal·ness \-li-kəl-nəs\ noun

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
You are quite the stupid one.

LOL!!! AWESOME. Just awesome my man. I show the absurdity in the posts, yet I'm stupid. Doesn't get better than that.lol

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 02:34 PM
LOL!!! AWESOME. Just awesome my man. I show the absurdity in the posts, yet I'm stupid. Doesn't get better than that.lol

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!11!!!!one! !!!!!!one!!!!!eleven!!!!!!!!one!!!!!!!!

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Diabolical : of, relating to, or characteristic of the devil : devilish <a diabolical plot>

More like, let Merriam-Webster break it down for ya. The Internet makes anyone look smart when you don't cite the source. xshhhx

panama
September 6th, 2011, 03:34 PM

You talk to yourself a lot? Because I have no idea what you're referring to. Amazing how you guys can destroy any thread.

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 03:35 PM

Um...because it's never been that low? xoopsx

Not even close to 6k. xcoffeex

panama
September 6th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Youre arguing facts with people to whom our mere existence is disturbing.

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 04:13 PM
To date (taken from ESPN's site)

Georgia State's best attended game

@Alabama 101,821 xbowxxbowxxbowx

Best attended home game

Shorter 30,237

Would have been more had Ga State had better staffing at the ticket windows at game day. xnonox

Worst attended home game

Lambuth 12,647

and hopefully GSU's worst played game ever. xnonox

Worst attended game

@Campbell 3,021 which is almost at their 2010 average attendance

Campbell's worst attended game that year was Valparaiso with 1,656. xcoffeex

panama
September 6th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Gotta remember that Levick said that they forecast 10K avg. in 2010 as a success. So they didnt bother to staff the Dome for the inaugural for anything more than 18k to 25k. We probably had 8k minimun just give up on the day of the game.

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Correction: 6 titles

It does not anger me that Georgia Southern does not appear in the AJC. I do not think Tech would get any coverage either if they happened to be outside of Atlanta. However, I do think that if the AJC, radio and television stations mention GA State as a startup, they should at least mention Georgia Southern when we go to the playoffs and win championships somewhere. That's quite an accomplishment for a school in your state and warrants coverage.

Statesboro is 200 miles from Atlanta. Clemson and Auburn are half that distance or less. Why should Atlanta be interested in an FCS program that is 200 miles away? Atlanta media report on local and national news and Statesboro fits neither.

For the most part, people care about the FCS national championship about as much as the DII and DIII championships...which is...not at all. The only real media attention there was in Atlanta for Georgia Southern was during the Erk Russell era and that was because of his connection with UGA and its 1980 national championship (with an unworthy Notre Dame opponent in the Sugar Bowl...but I digress). Ga State however is a large school in Atlanta so it merits the Atlanta media's coverage, but usually after UGA and GT get their spots.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
More like, let Merriam-Webster break it down for ya. The Internet makes anyone look smart when you don't cite the source. xshhhx

Nobody from State can take a joke. I wasn't being serious, numbnuts.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
So.....is there a picture of the crowd (not just the student section) that didn't come at a time the lower bowl was half empty...and didn't have 10k outside?

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
This picture doesn't help the IT WAS PACKED side of things

http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiastate/6108029192/in/set-72157627454078227

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 05:44 PM

"The Fulton County District Attorney has decided not to pursue the charges as long as Hill graduates within four years, according to a letter sent from the Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. to Georgia State President Mark Becker. If Hill fails to graduate, the district attorney retains the right to revise the charges."

That means the DA has enough evidence to press charges, but is cutting the guy a break. Sorry if that hurts your worldview.

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 05:50 PM
So.....is there a picture of the crowd (not just the student section) that didn't come at a time the lower bowl was half empty...and didn't have 10k outside?

These must be the 10,000 people who chose to stay outside where things were getting "fresh."

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/05/22/00/slideshow_1002253224_gsufoot.0903_04.JPG

GSU EAGLES
September 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Go to :53 which is the kickoff at the Ga State game. Definitely more empty seats than full.

http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=97471435001&bckey=AQ%7E%7E%2CAAAAAFAsZ1c%7E%2C8MkVRvW0DmauKT3u AriKKf2yHzTPz5MP&bclid=1716449804&bctid=1142501539001

eaglemachine
September 6th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Statesboro is 200 miles from Atlanta. Clemson and Auburn are half that distance or less. Why should Atlanta be interested in an FCS program that is 200 miles away? Atlanta media report on local and national news and Statesboro fits neither.

For the most part, people care about the FCS national championship about as much as the DII and DIII championships...which is...not at all. The only real media attention there was in Atlanta for Georgia Southern was during the Erk Russell era and that was because of his connection with UGA and its 1980 national championship (with an unworthy Notre Dame opponent in the Sugar Bowl...but I digress). Ga State however is a large school in Atlanta so it merits the Atlanta media's coverage, but usually after UGA and GT get their spots.

not trying to start anything with you dude. I was simply stating that the poster was incorrect in stating we had 5 championships when in fact we have 6.

That's nice your school is in Atlanta and all that. All I was saying is that one or more of the Atlanta media outlets should cover anyone in the state who wins a championship. I hope Georgia State actually becomes good one day but right now most of Georgia State's fans are annoying and delusional when it comes to FCS football when they are playing a transitional schedule. You are a start up. Be respectful and people will start to give it back. Like it or not Georgia State will have a hard time in the CAA next year. It's a hard conference. Good luck.

BTW, A NATIONAL championship is NATIONAL news, so by default, if THE Georgia Southern hangs #7 this year it will be NATIONAL news.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 6th, 2011, 06:31 PM
BTW, A NATIONAL championship is NATIONAL news, so by default, if THE Georgia Southern hangs #7 this year it will be NATIONAL news.

I'm not trying to be smart either, but the FCS NC is "news" for about a 24 hour cycle with 5-second mentions on Sports Center. FCS fans are the only people who really know (or care) about FCS. Just trying to be true to who we are - and I'm fine with that BTW.

Hammer22
September 6th, 2011, 07:41 PM
"The Fulton County District Attorney has decided not to pursue the charges as long as Hill graduates within four years, according to a letter sent from the Fulton County District Attorney Paul L. Howard Jr. to Georgia State President Mark Becker. If Hill fails to graduate, the district attorney retains the right to revise the charges."

That means the DA has enough evidence to press charges, but is cutting the guy a break. Sorry if that hurts your worldview.

I've laughed so hard today that I'm all tired of laughing. The dumb keep getting dumber. LOL!!! Lay off the mudwater my man. LOL. What I'm about say shouldn't be soooo hard to understand: DAs don't have a 100% conviction rate. He can bring the charges, but that doesn't equal the kid is guilty. A right to revise charges ≠ guilty or there is enough evidence present (that's a not equal sign, I know that a new sign for Southern people).

GA St. MBB Fan
September 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM

This picture doesn't help the IT WAS PACKED side of things

http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgiastate/6108029192/in/set-72157627454078227

That pic is facing the "away" side.

Since the lower bowl only seats 28k and about 3k were students sitting in the mezzanine section...that means you only had about 23k to fill 28k seats....so really it wasn't "packed."

Go to :53 which is the kickoff at the Ga State game. Definitely more empty seats than full.

http://www.ajc.com/video?bcpid=97471435001&bckey=AQ%7E%7E%2CAAAAAFAsZ1c%7E%2C8MkVRvW0DmauKT3u AriKKf2yHzTPz5MP&bclid=1716449804&bctid=1142501539001

For better or worse...GA State fans often aren't in there seats at kickoff.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM
I have a more important question here. Why can't anybody get a picture of GA State's home side??? I mean, I would THINK that that would be what you would take pictures of instead of the visitors side (seems to be every picture out there, according to all GA State fans). Wouldn't the university want a picture of their own crowd? I just can't fathom this. I mean, I'm sure panama and Hammer aren't the best to look at, but come on...

Because our football is just so boring...GA State fans often aren't in there seats at kickoff.

FIFY.

jweaver
September 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Because we all sit on the home side. If I am going to walk all the way across the arena, it is because the good draft beer stand is over there -- not to take pictures to validate our attendance numbers to Ga Sot folks...

I have a more important question here. Why can't anybody get a picture of GA State's home side??? I mean, I would THINK that that would be what you would take pictures of instead of the visitors side (seems to be every picture out there, according to all GA State fans). Wouldn't the university want a picture of their own crowd? I just can't fathom this. I mean, I'm sure panama and Hammer aren't the best to look at, but come on...

FIFY.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Because we all sit on the home side. If I am going to walk all the way across the arena, it is because the good draft beer stand is over there -- not to take pictures to validate our attendance numbers to Ga Sot folks...

Was more or less refering to anybody associated with your school. Georgia Southern has aerial shots of our stadium during games. I'm sure GA State can get somebody to photograph their games (You guys are loaded, right?). I mean, shoot. An aerial shot would be cool as hell for you gu...

Oh wait.

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
The nation doesn't fuss about the FCS champ, or the DII champ, or the DIII champ. Until it does, the only college football national champ is the FBS champ. Why? Because the FBS national champion would crush the FCS, DII, and DIII champ in a showdown.

But, the closest thing to an FCS/FBS clash of the titans showdown could be that Georgia Southern goes in to Tuscaloosa as the FCS #1 and Alabama might be THE #1, and we can see how this will play out.

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
But, the closest thing to an FCS/FBS clash of the titans showdown could be that Georgia Southern goes in to Tuscaloosa as the FCS #1 and Alabama might be THE #1, and we can see how this will play out.

A hell of a lot better than 63-7, I will say that.

GA St. MBB Fan
September 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I have a more important question here. Why can't anybody get a picture of GA State's home side??? I mean, I would THINK that that would be what you would take pictures of instead of the visitors side (seems to be every picture out there, according to all GA State fans). Wouldn't the university want a picture of their own crowd? I just can't fathom this. I mean, I'm sure panama and Hammer aren't the best to look at, but come .

'Cause we are all in our seats watching the game not worrying about appeasing Southern fans on AGS?

I-16Bandit
September 6th, 2011, 08:57 PM
'Cause we are all in our seats watching the game not worrying about appeasing Southern fans on AGS?

Didn't say for us. Why would your university not want something like this (minus the aerial part of things for...obvious reasons.):

http://news.georgiasouthern.edu/VisualResources/Buildings/images/PaulsonStadium1_jpg.jpg

Or

http://www.laminatedvisuals.com/images/college-georgia-southern-eagles-framed-picture-AZ75G.jpg

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 09:12 PM
A hell of a lot better than 63-7, I will say that.

That was from a startup program that technically wasn't even transitional FCS at the time. An almost unheard of matchup I'm sure you'll agree. Yet managed to put up 7 points in the first half which was an accomplishment in itself. Actually, Georgia State had another scoring opportunity in the first half but was squandered by a penalty pushing them back. There were predictions of mass injuries decimating the Panthers but I'm aware of only one injured player. The Panthers knew winning was not gonna happen, but they got through it.

A program covered with 6 "national" championships with a team having a possible #1 ranking is about as good as the FCS can throw at what might be the best of the FBS. Might be a good measuring stick as to the difference between the divisions.

mathman
September 6th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Was more or less refering to anybody associated with your school. Georgia Southern has aerial shots of our stadium during games. I'm sure GA State can get somebody to photograph their games (You guys are loaded, right?). I mean, shoot. An aerial shot would be cool as hell for you gu...

Oh wait.

Hey, don't knock it. The Dome amenities are amazing. xthumbsupx

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM
You can say that only Southern fans are doubting the numbers, but there are people from several schools on here showing skepticism. As for mr. Hill, the DA cut the guy a break when he looked very guilty. None of us are so naive as to think unconvicted means truly innocent. I'm sure G-state drew a good number of fans for a season opener against a cross town school. Just like last year, they benefitted from massive amounts of SEC fans being in town to catch the Chick-fil-a kickoff that were willing to to watch a warm up game before their show. What I do doubt is the season-long attendance numbers. Just look at the crowd pics from last year and tell me the numbers don't look a little off. It isn't uncommon for schools to inflate attendance by counting tickets sold and not butts in seats. What is uncommon is for a fanbase to believe obviously enhanced numbers and deny their inaccuracy with such passionate blasts of nonsense.

GA St. MBB Fan
September 6th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Just like last year, they benefitted from massive amounts of SEC fans being in town to catch the Chick-fil-a kickoff that were willing to to watch a warm up game before their show.

LOL...they just keep coming...I saw 2 UGA fans walking around the tailgate...probably just to see what the commotion was all about...only saw GSU and Clark fans in the actual game....you guys keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better.

unknown-swac
September 6th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Lets just tell it like it is... what else is there to do in Statesboro on gameday BUT go to the game?

eaglewraith
September 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
A program covered with 6 "national" championships with a team having a possible #1 ranking is about as good as the FCS can throw at what might be the best of the FBS. Might be a good measuring stick as to the difference between the divisions.

By putting national in quotations you are insulting the very thing which every school in this division works for. Be careful or you run the risk of pissing off everyone on this board, not just us Georgia Southern folks. There are other supporters of national championship teams that would have a word or two for you.

eaglewraith
September 6th, 2011, 10:50 PM

Apparently not if there are a lot of empty seats at kickoff.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 11:19 PM
By putting national in quotations you are insulting the very thing which every school in this division works for. Be careful or you run the risk of pissing off everyone on this board, not just us Georgia Southern folks. There are other supporters of national championship teams that would have a word or two for you.

If ****s in the GaStU view the FCS national title this way...**** 'em.

You stupid ****s aren't ****, and you won't be ****. Grow some balls and play a real ****ing team...then talk. Call up Georgia Southern, App State, UNI, Montana, etc... then talk about "national".....****ing jack ***.

Gringer1
September 6th, 2011, 11:48 PM

You stupid ****s aren't ****, and you won't be ****. Grow some balls and play a real ****ing team...then talk. Call up Georgia Southern, App State, UNI, Montana, etc... then talk about "national".....****ing jack ***.

They will reply and say that this is just 1 guy who lost his cool and he doesn't represent all of them. However, they all have their heads way up their asses even though their team hasn't accomplished anything yet. They have yet to beat a D1 team with a winning record but they think they're better than all of us. Must be nice to be a future SEC team simply because you have "state" in your name and play in the DOOOME.

seantaylor
September 7th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Atlanta, the Vegas of the world. A ton to do in that town for sure. LOL.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 07:16 AM

Geezus some of you Georgia State posters are thick...And that's leaving aside that 12 k is actually closer to 6k than it is to the stadium's actual capacity...

But I digress...

What's really troubling about your post and - actually - about all Georgia State posts is that you guys have NO sense of proportionality. You're very clearly NOT familiar with the concept of "responding in kind." If Ga. State posters were literary characters, you'd all be variations of Ignatius Reilly from John Kennedy Toole's Pulitzer Prize winning "A Confederacy of Dunces"...

In your Ignatian world-view, it's perfectly okay for bloviatingly Panther-centric references to 128 million alumni, grail myth reports of 8 to 10 thousand rabid and loyal Ga. State fans being turned away at the Dome by an inept Georgia Dome staff, whilst simultaneously opining that another 10 thousand stealthy fans managed to avoid the camera through the clever subterfuge of going to the concession stand or the bathroom en masse, leaving entire sections of the stadium devoid of human presence, yet it's completely unreasonable for anybody to use hyperbole in a response??

I suppose that might be easier to accept if it came from a team who managed to beat the vaunted Lambuth Eagles during head-to-head competition in the friendly confines of the cavernous - but mostly empty - Georgia Dome (which might explain why the Lambuth loss continues to echo oudly to this very day!) , or whose signature win came against a foe more daunting than the mighty Campbell Camels ;)

Carry on, Ignatius. Your "hobby" is quite entertaining

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 07:19 AM

I like the way that Clenz sugar coats it, but....I do have to ask...what's UNI doing in that collection of championship squads??? ;)

SuperEagle
September 7th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Lets just tell it like it is... what else is there to do in Statesboro on gameday BUT go to the game?
Oh, I don't know. Take a short drive to the beach? I always went to the games but did spend plenty of time at Tybee Island.

unknown-swac
September 7th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I said in Statesboro. But I think that pretty much answers my question.

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 09:00 AM

Don't hold back. How do you REALLY feel?

Friend of Pounce
September 7th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for registering at Any Given Saturday! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay. We encourage you to jump right in and contribute to our discussions.

Why, I will jump right in! Hi everyone! I'm a big Georgia State fan who's happy to join my fellow FCS fans on this message board. This thread looked like a good place to start. Anyway, I don't really feel like reading back through 10 pages of posts, so I'll just ask: Are you all as happy as I am that GSU has a football program that's getting so much recognition? And hey, we're getting pretty good attendance numbers! Exciting!

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Why, I will jump right in! Hi everyone! I'm a big Georgia State fan who's happy to join my fellow FCS fans on this message board. This thread looked like a good place to start. Anyway, I don't really feel like reading back through 10 pages of posts, so I'll just ask: Are you all as happy as I am that GSU has a football program that's getting so much recognition? And hey, we're getting pretty good attendance numbers! Exciting!

Is trolling as fun for you as it is for me?

SuperEagle
September 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I said in Statesboro. But I think that pretty much answers my question.
Fair enough. What to do in Statesboro? Hmm. How about going to a football game on campus that is ours? That's pretty fun.
Baseball games are fun too. How's Panthersville Stadium doing these days? You guys still playing your baseball games there?
I once went to a GSU/State game. Kinda scary getting there though I must admit. Rough part of town to say the least.

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM
No joke, I was actually just on State's "campus" this past Sunday. My group stopped and f-ed around in Atlanta on the way back from Birmingham, and we decided to all go drop a deuce in one of the bathrooms on campus. Needless to say, we DESTROYED that bathroom (didn't flush. oops), but ANYWAYS. As soon as we parked, we weren't out of the car for 1 minute before we were approached by a homeless guy asking for money. Seriously. It's funny how true stereotypes are, sometimes.

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Successful trolls are successful.

Friend of Pounce
September 7th, 2011, 01:27 PM
No joke...we decided to all go drop a deuce in one of the bathrooms on campus. Needless to say, we DESTROYED that bathroom (didn't flush. oops)...It's funny how true stereotypes are, sometimes.

Am I too new to FIFY?

Actually...not much Fing necessary, was there?

And, yep...it probably is as fun for me as it is for you...

unknown-swac
September 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Fair enough. What to do in Statesboro? Hmm. How about going to a football game on campus that is ours? That's pretty fun.
Baseball games are fun too. How's Panthersville Stadium doing these days? You guys still playing your baseball games there?
I once went to a GSU/State game. Kinda scary getting there though I must admit. Rough part of town to say the least.

Just say the students dont have any other options there but to go to the game lol. Anyone that's been there knows it I just wanted to see if you'd admit it. Panthersville rough? Well, I guess it would be when you're used to farms.

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Successful trolls are successful.

I bet you're panama. Your internet alter-ego. Or maybe Saint?

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I bet you're panama. Your internet alter-ego. Or maybe Saint?

Oh no. I am Tuscon everywhere I go. Have you not read your signature lately? I've been trying to stay out of this thread for a while, but I had to warn them.

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh no. I am Tuscon everywhere I go. Have you not read your signature lately? I've been trying to stay out of this thread for a while, but I had to warn them.

Just messin' with ya! Yeah, I'd say that Friend of Pounce is a huge troll. Guys, watch out!

Friend of Pounce
September 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Just messin' with ya! Yeah, I'd say that Friend of Pounce is a huge troll. Guys, watch out!

Hmm. I apologize for spoiling the thread. Like I said, I didn't read through all 10 pages. So I wouldn't have known if a post about GSU's first game of the season immediately degenerated into flame-bait one-upsmanship between supporters of Georgia's two FCS programs. Or anything like that.

SuperEagle
September 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Just say the students dont have any other options there but to go to the game lol. Anyone that's been there knows it I just wanted to see if you'd admit it. Panthersville rough? Well, I guess it would be when you're used to farms.
How wrong you are. I live in metro Atlanta and most Atlantans can attest that Panthersville stadium is not in a nice part of town. Playing in the Dome is fine. But your basketball and baseball facilities need a lot of work. And sure Statesboro's not big. I would be silly to compare it to Atlanta. But the football games are THE big event in town. Maybe one day you'll experience that but I doubt it.

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Hmm. I apologize for spoiling the thread. Like I said, I didn't read through all 10 pages. So I wouldn't have known if a post about GSU's first game of the season immediately degenerated into flame-bait one-upsmanship between supporters of Georgia's two FCS programs. Or anything like that.

Welcome to an AGS thread about Georgia State.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Friend of Pounce

Georgia has two bona fide FCS programs? I thought they had Georgia Southern and some school that was temporarily parking their large *** there until such time as they think they might be able to compete in the BCS?

Personally, I think they need to be able to beat NAIA powerhouse Lambuth and notch a signature win against somebody other than the Campbell Camels before they start referring to themselves as one of Georgia's "FCS programs."...

Let's not forget that Georgia Southern has been Georgia's FCS program and earned that title by winning 6 National Titles.

The only title that Georgia State's earned is "Pretender" though "Wannabe" seems fitting, too ;)

Friend of Pounce
September 7th, 2011, 03:11 PM

I know. I love it! I had no idea this board had so much vitriol. Should have joined a long time ago!

We're already hated, and it has nothing to do with anything that's happened on the field. That's a great welcome to college football in the south!

gasoutherneagle
September 7th, 2011, 03:27 PM

Just wondering, here... but, um... If you think Mark Bradley is such an "a$$clown" why have him in your signature pic.? HEY OH!
xflaggedx

SuperEagle
September 7th, 2011, 03:34 PM
I know. I love it! I had no idea this board had so much vitriol. Should have joined a long time ago!

We're already hated, and it has nothing to do with anything that's happened on the field. That's a great welcome to college football in the south!
I love college football. When you announced you were getting a team, I was excited. I thought I may even go watch your game someday if Southern wasn't playing. Then, your fans started posting on here and acting like college football could finally exist since you had a team. The arrogance of many State posters made many on this board despise them. The constant talk of how BCS conferences would flock to have them made many want State to fail. It's a shame because some humility would have enabled many on here to pull for your team. A few bad apples can spoil the bunch and State seems to have an orchard full. When confronted with these facts, many State fans thought everyone was jealous of them and said ridiculous comments like that. It's a shame because I'm sure there are some good State fans.

eaglemachine
September 7th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I love college football. When you announced you were getting a team, I was excited. I thought I may even go watch your game someday if Southern wasn't playing. Then, your fans started posting on here and acting like college football could finally exist since you had a team. The arrogance of many State posters made many on this board despise them. The constant talk of how BCS conferences would flock to have them made many want State to fail. It's a shame because some humility would have enabled many on here to pull for your team. A few bad apples can spoil the bunch and State seems to have an orchard full. When confronted with these facts, many State fans thought everyone was jealous of them and said ridiculous comments like that. It's a shame because I'm sure there are some good State fans.

+1 State fans on this board have shown they have no respect for FCS or the FCS Championships in general

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM

That's only because NOTHING has happened on the field ;)

Which is precisely the point. You Assclowns act like you've got six championship flags, yourself, but you can't even beat Lambuth!

Friend of Pounce
September 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM
You Assclowns act like you've got six championship flags, yourself, but you can't even beat Lambuth!

Ah, Lambuth. Destined to be the eternal thorn in our paw, eh? And no chance for redemption, thanks to an unsuccessful encounter with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. (I assume there's no chance...anyone know if UM is going to continue the football program there?)

As for the thoughts on our fans...well, first, I hope I was clear that I really do think hatred is a great welcome. You gotta be able love to be able to hate, right? It's a huge part of what makes this sport fun! I am sorry that it's because you think we're dicks. But, y'know, you don't really know most of us. My wife thinks Bama fans are dicks. She doesn't really know most of them. Again: love/hate/fun/wardamneagle.

My wife also thinks UGA fans are dicks. For once, my wife is right.

Still trying to figure out what to think about you Georgia Southern folks. At the very least, you've helped me avoid some work today. Thanks!

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 05:05 PM

That seems intelligent. Judge the whole fan base based on people on the INTERNET.

gasoutherneagle
September 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
That seems intelligent. Judge the whole fan base based on people on the INTERNET.
HEY YO!!!xsmileyclapx

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
As for the thoughts on our fans...well, first, I hope I was clear that I really do think hatred is a great welcome. You gotta be able love to be able to hate, right? It's a huge part of what makes this sport fun! I am sorry that it's because you think we're dicks. But, y'know, you don't really know most of us. My wife thinks Bama fans are dicks. She doesn't really know most of them. Again: love/hate/fun/wardamneagle.

My wife also thinks UGA fans are dicks. For once, my wife is right.

Still trying to figure out what to think about you Georgia Southern folks. At the very least, you've helped me avoid some work today. Thanks!

Typical Georgia State fan. You mistake my disdain for all things Georgia State with concern about your clarity of thought. I have a newsflash for you. If you were possessed of mental clarity, you'd understand that you're not relevant enough for an actual discussion on the merits. Basically, you're a textual slinky with redeeming value only because it's entertaining to watch you cascade down the stairs...

Beyond that, I don't give a whit about your wife's relationship with various and sundry Alabama and UGA dicks. That's between you, her and the dicks she favors...

Moreover, since we're on that subject, I didn't say that Georgia State fans were dicks. I said that you're *** CLOWNS. In case you're confused as to the definition, you should know that *** Clowns have an innate ineptitude that keeps them from being competent enough in their obnoxiousness to qualify for dick status. Plenty of people are dicks...like Marshall fans, for instance. But, they could not only talk the talk, they walked the walk.

You ****tards can't even crawl yet....

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 08:57 PM
He claims to hate us and not care about us, but 12 pages of this crap says otherwise. This isn't even the smack board, you douche.

jweaver
September 7th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Did anybody happen to catch the NCAA video on the first page? Pretty neat stuff...

SuperEagle
September 7th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I had nothing else to go on. If you read my quote, I'm sure there are some good State fans. But your bad apples are killing you. I was on the Boise State board last week to see what they thought of their game against uga. And to my surprise, I found a State fan on there talking crap about uga, GT, and Ga. Southern. Even the Boise fans thought the guy was an idiot along with the uga posters on there. Many (notice I didn't say all) of your posters are truly delusional about your program and just can't stop thumping their chests about how great you are. I guess if some of your rational, respectable posters would start policing these idiots it may clean up your image.

Tuscon
September 7th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I had nothing else to go on. If you read my quote, I'm sure there are some good State fans. But your bad apples are killing you. I was on the Boise State board last week to see what they thought of their game against uga. And to my surprise, I found a State fan on there talking crap about uga, GT, and Ga. Southern. Even the Boise fans thought the guy was an idiot along with the uga posters on there. Many (notice I didn't say all) of your posters are truly delusional about your program and just can't stop thumping their chests about how great you are. I guess if some of your rational, respectable posters would start policing these idiots it may clean up your image.

You said the bad apples spoil the bunch. But, that's nitpicking. I can't tell anyone how to act. Some of us like being in the FCS, some of us like being in the FCS for now, and some of us can't handle not being more important in our second year. Don't lump us all together. If I judged all GS fans based on FormerPokeCenter I would hate you all. As it happens, I've met a couple of ok GS posters and have a lot of respect for your program. Most of you can't stop talking **** for a minute, but I still respect your program and I still think the fans that are ok are indeed ok.

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 09:55 PM
You said the bad apples spoil the bunch. But, that's nitpicking. I can't tell anyone how to act. Some of us like being in the FCS, some of us like being in the FCS for now, and some of us can't handle not being more important in our second year. Don't lump us all together. If I judged all GS fans based on FormerPokeCenter I would hate you all. As it happens, I've met a couple of ok GS posters and have a lot of respect for your program. Most of you can't stop talking **** for a minute, but I still respect your program and I still think the fans that are ok are indeed ok.

I have learned one thing from my time on here, GSUFans, and CatWhisper. Tuscon is a decent guy (girl? :D). Don't lump him in with the mix like panama, Hammer, gls, and our favorite... SAINT! Tuscon is by far the more rational and reasonable State poster.

But enough of that. Tuscon, GFY!

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2011, 10:11 PM
He claims to hate us and not care about us, but 12 pages of this crap says otherwise. This isn't even the smack board, you douche.

I think I see the problem here. Apparently, you can't read...It's been made clear to anybody with even half a brain that you're not relevant enough to hate...But...you're a lot of fun to laugh at ;)

I-16Bandit
September 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM
you're a lot of fun to laugh at ;)

Yes.

Hammer22
September 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
The constant talk of how BCS conferences would flock to have them made many want State to fail.

What part of your *** did you pull this out of? Please, I beg of you, show me a link or quote as proof of this thing you speak of.

alvinkayak6
September 7th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I love college football. When you announced you were getting a team, I was excited. I thought I may even go watch your game someday if Southern wasn't playing. Then, your fans started posting on here and acting like college football could finally exist since you had a team.

Don't let posters convince you they are representative of the whole. I once met a poster from a politics forum. He had over 10,000 posts and said a bunch of really obscene and obnoxious things about me. He was a total coward in person at our club, and everybody else was having a great time.

GSUGrad06
September 8th, 2011, 10:09 AM
How wrong you are. I live in metro Atlanta and most Atlantans can attest that Panthersville stadium is not in a nice part of town. Playing in the Dome is fine. But your basketball and baseball facilities need a lot of work. And sure Statesboro's not big. I would be silly to compare it to Atlanta. But the football games are THE big event in town. Maybe one day you'll experience that but I doubt it.

I'll be the first to tell you that Panthersville is terrible and our Sports Arena is like a giant high school gym. Then I'll also tell you that's about to change. There is a new Panthersville in the works and the Sports Arena is receiving annual renovations to get it where it should be.

In all fairness, you guys need to remember the Georgia State administration prior to the current set never cared about athletics and there was ZERO push to improve facilities. We started out an evening school and have been a commuter university until just recently (we'll hit the same % of students on campus as most universities in a few years). Make fun of the facilities all you want, but just remember nobody cared about them prior to the past few years. It is what it is.

And to those knocking us not playing any real teams, have you seen our schedule this season? We have a tough one for a 2nd year team. We play 2 Top 25 teams (Jacksonville State and SC State) and 2 more that received votes. We also play 2 schools that are in transition to FBS (South Alabama and UTSA). Georgia Southern plays 3 Top 25 teams and 3 that received votes. I'm not proclaiming any greatness here, just pointing that out.

Sorry to bring logic into this conversation, resume your hate.

SuperEagle
September 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I'll be the first to tell you that Panthersville is terrible and our Sports Arena is like a giant high school gym. Then I'll also tell you that's about to change. There is a new Panthersville in the works and the Sports Arena is receiving annual renovations to get it where it should be.

In all fairness, you guys need to remember the Georgia State administration prior to the current set never cared about athletics and there was ZERO push to improve facilities. We started out an evening school and have been a commuter university until just recently (we'll hit the same % of students on campus as most universities in a few years). Make fun of the facilities all you want, but just remember nobody cared about them prior to the past few years. It is what it is.

And to those knocking us not playing any real teams, have you seen our schedule this season? We have a tough one for a 2nd year team. We play 2 Top 25 teams (Jacksonville State and SC State) and 2 more that received votes. We also play 2 schools that are in transition to FBS (South Alabama and UTSA). Georgia Southern plays 3 Top 25 teams and 3 that received votes. I'm not proclaiming any greatness here, just pointing that out.

Well thought out response. Kudos. Good to hear you guys are improving your facilities. We need more like you around here. :)

Friend of Pounce
September 8th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Typical Georgia State fan. You mistake my disdain for all things Georgia State with concern about your clarity of thought.

So just ignore me, eh?

I have a newsflash for you. If you were possessed of mental clarity, you'd understand that you're not relevant enough for an actual discussion on the merits.

Since when did anyone mistake this thread for a discussion on the merits?

Basically, you're a textual slinky with redeeming value only because it's entertaining to watch you cascade down the stairs...

Ups on that one. Clever metaphor.

Seriously, I like it.

Beyond that, I don't give a whit about your wife's relationship with various and sundry Alabama and UGA dicks. That's between you, her and the dicks she favors...

My mistake #1: I should have recognized that the use of a synonym for penis would be too hard to resist.

Moreover, since we're on that subject, I didn't say that Georgia State fans were dicks. I said that you're *** CLOWNS. In case you're confused as to the definition, you should know that *** Clowns have an innate ineptitude that keeps them from being competent enough in their obnoxiousness to qualify for dick status. Plenty of people are dicks...like Marshall fans, for instance. But, they could not only talk the talk, they walked the walk.

My mistake #2: I shouldn't have quoted you and then responded to others thoughts, as well. I will not accuse you of thinking we're dicks. Certain comments on the board certainly seem to indicate that we have that reputation.

You ****tards can't even crawl yet....

Somewhat speechless on this one. I guess it finishes the post with a bang, but...****tards? Seriously?

To any State fans who wish I'd let it rest, I'll put away the food now.

To any Southern fans who are trying to communicate with reason, thanks for keeping it real!

To any Southern fans who can't help but wear your hatred/disdain/anger/whatever on your traditionally number-less, stripe-less sleeve, thanks for keeping it fun!

Eagle16
September 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM

If there were more logical State fans like this, there would be no issue.

eaglemachine
September 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM

+111

GSUGrad06
September 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM

I can promise you there are many more that share my same thoughts, they're just not spending their time on these message boards.

Don't let the opinions of 5 people on the internet taint your view of our entire fan base. I'm talking about the opinions about FCS football. I can't sit here and tell you most of our fan base doesn't want to be FBS. If you look at a map of Georgia, you see that SE segment created by 75 and 16? Outside of that FCS football is a hard sell (unfortunate as that may be). It's no disrespect to FCS, it's just that people want us playing other schools they're used to hearing, you have ESPN to thank for that. Example, if I told someone at my office we were playing Wofford, they'd ask me why we're playing something that sounds like an English soccer team. If ESPN covered FCS football this wouldn't be the case. Some will argue there is no interest therefore no mass coverage. Is it that or is the perception that there is no interest because it's not on ESPN??? Chicken and egg.

Most of the guys you see constantly pounding the Georgia State to FBS now theme do so because of what they've seen at other similar schools. They're just going off the ol' "looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...must be a duck" saying. For that you can't blame them. However we should show respect for our current situation which is the CAA and FCS football and be thankful we have a team we can cheer for on fall Saturdays. I know I am. I look forward to beginning CAA play next season. Regardless of it not making any geographical sense whatsoever, it will be a great league to compete in. We should be thankful that IF we do have a good season, we'll immediately be in the mix for playoffs thanks to being in the CAA in a similar fashing that Southern enjoys because they're in the SoCon.

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
In a message dated September 8th, the following bullet list of questions and comments were made, which I've numbered for clarity's sake in the answers that follow...

1.) So just ignore me, eh?

2.) Since when did anyone mistake this thread for a discussion on the merits?

3.) Ups on that one. Clever metaphor. Seriously, I like it.

4.) My mistake #1: I should have recognized that the use of a synonym for penis would be too hard to resist.

5.) My mistake #2: I shouldn't have quoted you and then responded to others thoughts, as well. I will not accuse you of thinking we're dicks. Certain comments on the board certainly seem to indicate that we have that reputation.

6.) Somewhat speechless on this one. I guess it finishes the post with a bang, but...****tards? Seriously?

7.) To any State fans who wish I'd let it rest, I'll put away the food now.
8.) To any Southern fans who are trying to communicate with reason, thanks for keeping it real!
9.) To any Southern fans who can't help but wear your hatred/disdain/anger/whatever on your traditionally number-less, stripe-less sleeve, thanks for keeping it fun!

1.) If I WERE to ignore you, then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the entertainment value inherent to your tumbling cascade down the stairs, now could I?

As an aside, I think you must have taken one of those vaunted Georgia Sate logic classes we heard so much about last year that are alleged to be required for all Ga. State students. If so, I'm not exactly impressed with the quality of that class...I mean, come on, you gave me props for the use of a tired metaphor in #3, but apparently don't realize that the hackneyed reference should have answered the question you posed in #1. That's just weird. It's like you guys have ADD/ADHD or something...I mean, c'mon. I can't be the only guy who likes to have a hearty laugh at Panther expense, can I?

As an FYI, that was a rhetorical question. You don't HAVE to answer. I already know the answer ;)

2.) What part of the "you're NOT relevant enough to be part of a discussion on the merits" did you mistake for me indicating that any discussion invovling Georgia State is meritorious in nature? Didn't the phrase I use CLEARLY point out that you couldn't possibly be included in a meritorious discussion?

On second thought, don't answer that. I'm betting you skipped the Georgia State required logic class.....or perhaps attended before it was made mandatory.

3.) Already covered. It's not exactly original, yet you really liked it. Figures ;)

4.) Are you REALLY laying the blame for YOUR juxtaposition of your wife with Alabama and UGA dicks at my feet? That's one party I'd rather skip. You guys have fun, though ;)

5.) If you think that Georgia State Fans have the reputation for being dicks, that's very clearly wishful thinking on your part. None of the Panther faithful have demonstrated the competence necesarry to pull that off. The very logical stretch necessary to make that leap smacks of Assclowndom....But, hey, at least you're going with your strengths ;)

6.) Yes, ****tards. Seriously...

Collectively, you guys have this vainglorious, overreaching social climbing agenda that caues you to constantly overestimate your competence, to constantly overstate your skill set and to overestimate your own relevance in the college football world. You've eclipsed Southwest Texas State University at San Marcos fans and University of Southwestern Louisiana fans (Previously the two most delusional fan bases in all of college sports) in just two short years.

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to do that?

C'mon, you're a second year start-up with a signature win over the Campbell Camels and a loss to the now defunct NAIA powerhouse Lambuth.

7.) From your finger to God's ears. Yes, plesae just shut the **** up. You're not going to convince anybody that you guys are just misunderstood with your next textual missive. It's going to take a lot more than that. It'll take time, quality wins and humility. Or, you could win some national titles, talk **** and then move up like Marshall did. Then you'll have achieved the Dickdom you so desperately seek.

8.) Why would any Southern fans seeking to communiate with Reason deign to converse with State fans???

9.) Southern fans aren't the only people laughing and making derisive comments about you Georgia State ****tards. If you play close attention, the rest of us are too. Pay close attention here. This is crux of what's wrong with Georgia State fans. You're absolutely a ****tard for trying to paint it as a simple Georgia misunderstanding between you guys and Georgia Southern. You consistently fail to realize that you're NOT on their level in football. You're not even close. The fact that ALL of your ****tard fans come on this board sequentially and try new contortionist mental gymnastics to paint it as just such a conflict is emblematic of just how bad your collective delusions of grandeur are. ;)

Georgia Southern has 6, count 'em 6 National FCS titles. Either respect that, give them their props and try NOT to make everything about your desire to pull their coattails for attention and relevance, or shut the **** up and win some quality games and make your own mark.

Basically, you're attention whoring parastic leeches.

Before you get all wound up, I don't hate you. I pity you ;)

GSUGrad06
September 8th, 2011, 04:05 PM
^^^ In case people are wondering, this is why us logical fans stay off these message boards.

Eaglesrus
September 8th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Where did you see that? I haven't seen a single Savannah State poster on here, let alone seen a discussion between him/them and GA Southern fans degenerate "into flame-bait one-upsmanship".

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 06:37 PM
^^^ In case people are wondering, this is why us logical fans stay off these message boards.

I completely understand. Sometimes the truth does, indeed, hurt....

The Ostrich method probably works well. Now if only you'd take the rest of the illogical Panther ****tard fanbase with you ;)

GSUGrad06
September 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I completely understand. Sometimes the truth does, indeed, hurt....

The Ostrich method probably works well. Now if only you'd take the rest of the illogical Panther ****tard fanbase with you ;)

Nah, I'll leave them here for you to argue with. You seem to like it. If not, you sure do get worked up over a team that's so insignificant and lower than whale scum on the ocean floor. xpeacex

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Nah, I'll leave them here for you to argue with. You seem to like it. If not, you sure do get worked up over a team that's so insignificant and lower than whale scum on the ocean floor. xpeacex

To the uneducated Georgia State graduate, this may seem like being worked up. It's not. It's merely being thorough in my explanation of why you ****tards catch the attitudes you do.

You can shoot the messenger, take your marbles and go home, or hold your breath and stamp your feet until you turn Panther blue. That's entirely up to you. But, please, for the love of Erk Russell and all that's Holy about College Football, would you all please shut the **** up until you actually DO something on the field?

Pretty Please? ;)

GSU EAGLES
September 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gastate_0903_22_660532g.jpgxlolx

This was an ironic sign of what was to come for the Ga State program.

GSU EAGLES
September 8th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Ga State's first entrance into the top 25 poll. Congrats Panthers

See #23. Would you guys please just let that old man fade off into the sunset with a little dignity? Putting him through this embarrasment of the last two years is simply cruel and unusual punishment and Ga State should be put up on charges of abuse and neglect to senior citizens!

http://clutch.mtv.com/2011/01/05/25-of-the-greatest-gatorade-baths-in-sports-history/

GSU EAGLES
September 8th, 2011, 08:04 PM
"Yep. After Thursday night's promising victory over Shorter, a few Panthers tried out a classic American celebration: knocking an old man out cold."

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2010/9/3/1668444/georgia-state-players-clearly-new

Tuscon
September 8th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I think we need a permanent GSU vs GSU smack board.

wmtribe1693
September 8th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Unfortunately, Tuscon. Unfortunately.

GSUGrad06
September 8th, 2011, 08:42 PM
To the uneducated Georgia State graduate, this may seem like being worked up. It's not. It's merely being thorough in my explanation of why you ****tards catch the attitudes you do.

You can shoot the messenger, take your marbles and go home, or hold your breath and stamp your feet until you turn Panther blue. That's entirely up to you. But, please, for the love of Erk Russell and all that's Holy about College Football, would you all please shut the **** up until you actually DO something on the field?

Pretty Please? ;)

You can't even be civil to me and I've been completely logical and cordial in this thread. But you obviously have me figured out, I'm just an uneducated Georgia State graduate. Keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 08:53 PM
You can't even be civil to me and I've been completely logical and cordial in this thread. But you obviously have me figured out, I'm just an uneducated Georgia State graduate. Keep telling yourself whatever helps you sleep at night.

Good Gosh, you're sensitive Nancy! I said "Pretty Please." What more do you ****ing want?

Do you often hear the words "Butch Up!" ? ;)

jweaver
September 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
This tool has had an irrational and unwarranted hatred for Georgia State for at least a year now -- and our programs really have nothing in common aside from an occasional basketball meeting! I expect as much from the folks from the other GSU, but the verbal diarrhea that this guy spits out is a rare form of vitriol reserved for people with some serious compensatory issues.

Really dude, GFY.

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM
This tool has had an irrational and unwarranted hatred for Georgia State for at least a year now -- and our programs really have nothing in common aside from an occasional basketball meeting! I expect as much from the folks from the other GSU, but the verbal diarrhea that this guy spits out is a rare form of vitriol reserved for people with some serious compensatory issues.

Really dude, GFY.

You make even less sense than the last guy. You claim that I'm irrational, yet you tell me to GF myself? LOL..

You mistake common disdain for vitriol. This isn't the slightest bit vitriolic. Well, okay...calling you all ****tards could be considred to be vitriolic, but...really....what other word is as appropriate for you douchebags?

I find it oddly amusing that a guy who's a fan of a commuter school that's desperately trying to masquerade as a First Tier Academic and Athletic power is accusing ME of having compensatory issues.

You don't by chance own a mirror, do you? ;)

Eaglesrus
September 9th, 2011, 06:42 AM

Really dude, GFY.

I think its time to point out (again) that FormerPokeCenter is primarily a McNeese fan, therefore its not just GA Southern fans that have had a problem with GA State and/or some of its fans.

GunsAndGuitars
September 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I think we need a permanent GSU vs GSU smack board.

xnodx but that could get out of hand fast.

Tuscon
September 9th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I think its time to point out (again) that FormerPokeCenter is primarily a McNeese fan, therefore its not just GA Southern fans that have had a problem with GA State and/or some of its fans.

Are you kidding? I just assumed he was one of you guys. Him not being part of your fan base makes the whole thing much more tolerable.

xnodx but that could get out of hand fast.

Yeah, but I wouldn't have to read it.

realgsu
September 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Good Gosh, you're sensitive Nancy! I said "Pretty Please." What more do you ****ing want?

Do you often hear the words "Butch Up!" ? ;)

Hey don't you have to protect Sooky Stackhouse from some vampires or something?

cannonballgsu
September 9th, 2011, 09:05 AM
This crap is getting old. Whenever there is a GSU and ga state poster in the same thread, it always turns to smack.

It usually goes like this:

ga state: we are the real GSU
ga southern: we are the real GSU
ga state: we play in the Ga Dome
ga southern: you rent it
ga state: we are in the greatest city in Georgia
ga southern: it's filled with prostitutes and homeless people
ga state: we are going FBS
ga southern: you haven't even won a meaningful game
ga state: you all run an outdated offense
ga southern: that offense has won us 6 NC

It's juvenile.

realgsu
September 9th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Amen

FormerPokeCenter
September 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Are you kidding? I just assumed he was one of you guys. Him not being part of your fan base makes the whole thing much more tolerable.

I'm not the only non-Georgia Southern fan who thinks you douchebags are ****tards. It's a widely held objective opinion ;)

Tuscon
September 9th, 2011, 09:41 AM
This crap is getting old. Whenever there is a GSU and ga state poster in the same thread, it always turns to smack.

It usually goes like this:

It's juvenile.

You forgot the first line where either a Georgia State or Georgia Southern poster starts the thread with something completely unrelated to the other school.

I-16Bandit
September 9th, 2011, 10:49 AM
SaintDick: [Extremely long paragraph ranting about nothing while throwing personal insults at everybody. Even his own kind]

FIFY

clenz
September 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
So.....how'd GaStU do vs a "good" team in ODU....By good i mean program that has been around about 3 years.

What's that...you lost?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH **** GaSt

I-16Bandit
September 10th, 2011, 10:40 PM
So.....how'd GaStU do vs a "good" team in ODU....By good i mean program that has been around about 3 years.

What's that...you lost?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH **** GaSt

Are we sure they lost? There was nobody there to witness it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uovxj4F33Y

clenz
September 10th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Reported attendance of 11K...

What the **** happened to you GaSt? I thought you were the biggest ****ing draw in the state? HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 10th, 2011, 11:26 PM
The few state fans that seemed to think they were going to be the next juggernauts in the FCS have either disappeared or are now just a sober and realistic as the majority of state fans.

Saying "I told you so" and rubbing it in just isn't as much fun as arguing with state fans that Curry is not the right coach for them and that GSU's offense is not outdated.

I'm all for a truce in this flame war.

GSU EAGLES
September 10th, 2011, 11:37 PM
11,000? yeah right. Below is from the AJC reporter tweeting at the game. This will be my last post on Ga State. At this point I feel sorry for them and anything else would just be piling on. Meanwhile a legit 21,800 for Ga Southern's opener against a DII team.

https://twitter.com/#!/ajcgsu

ajcgsu ajcgsu
Guessing on this, and I'm horrible at it, less than 1,500 folks here now at #dome for #GSU vs. #ODU
12 hours ago »
ajcgsu ajcgsu
With less than 30 minutes left, there are very, very few people here at the Dome for #GSU vs. #ODU
12 hours ago

clenz
September 10th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Just saying what the offical report to the NCAA had...over 11k

eaglewraith
September 11th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I wanna see some magic pictures of a "full" lower bowl again.

seantaylor
September 11th, 2011, 11:26 PM
There wasn't more than 12K at their opener. Not more than 3K at this one. Why they want to inflate their attendance is beyond me. Doesn't help their gate.

gasoutherneagle
September 12th, 2011, 02:07 AM
The few state fans that seemed to think they were going to be the next juggernauts in the FCS have either disappeared or are now just a sober and realistic as the majority of state fans.

Saying "I told you so" and rubbing it in just isn't as much fun as arguing with state fans that Curry is not the right coach for them and that GSU's offense is not outdated.

I'm all for a truce in this flame war.

Oh, I don't think there is any need for a "truce" when the everything these State fans have been arguing for has been proven to be complete and total bull----. No need for truce in a war already won. Check and MATE, State fans!

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Oh, I don't think there is any need for a "truce" when the everything these State fans have been arguing for has been proven to be complete and total bull----. No need for truce in a war already won. Check and MATE, State fans!

Calling it a war elevates the dispute to a level which far exceeds its intrinsic value. Basically, the no-talent, Plan B, Atlanta commuter school thought if they picked a fight with GSU it would some how elevate their standing. It hasn't and it won't.

Just ignore the stupid bastards until WHEN and IF they ever do anything on the field.

I give them high marks for "Best AgitProp Entrance by an FCS School" but other than that, they're a complete joke....

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
There wasn't more than 12K at their opener. Not more than 3K at this one. Why they want to inflate their attendance is beyond me. Doesn't help their gate.

If you want insight into what you're seeing out of Georgia State, look no further than Texas State and USL, which now calls itself "THE University of Louisiana (at Lafayette).....

GA State is tryign to shortcut it's way to respectability as a brand, just like Texas State and USL have done before them. This act isn't anything new. It's the delusional overreaching equivalent of "social climbing."

They desperately want to be something that they're not to escape the pain of being what they are. It's classic ""intrinsic void overcompensation." And, the thing is, they'll never realize it, because it would require objective introspection. If you're a Georgia State undergrad alum, you want to avoid introspection at all cost, because all that's going to do is make you realize that you chose Georgia State because you didn't have any other viable options...

While "intrinsic void overcompensation" isn't in the DSM-IV, but it should be....Under "Mass Delusions"

Friend of Pounce
September 12th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Where did you see that? I haven't seen a single Savannah State poster on here, let alone seen a discussion between him/them and GA Southern fans degenerate "into flame-bait one-upsmanship".

Well, I wasn't going to respond because it seemed like this thread was slipping into oblivion, but since it's still on the table, I will: It was rude of me to neglect Savannah State in my comment. My apologies. Not sure why you had to attempt to demean us in the process of pointing it out, but whatever.

Also, on the "truce" vs. "war," what kind of war were we fighting, exactly? The one that takes place on the field? Because I think you'd be hard pressed to find any State fans who think we could really compete with Southern at this point. Is it the war where you try to convince us that people don't attend our games? Because believe it or not, we don't do too bad for an FCS startup, and if you were to pay attention to our very public message boards you'd see that hardcore fans also have legitimate concerns about getting more students out to the games, dealing with making the cavernous Dome feel cozy, etc.

Don't get me wrong...I love the fact that seeing our loss has stirred up emotion elsewhere on the board. As I've mentioned, that's part of the fun of college sports. But really...it seems like there's a big push on the board to characterize all of us GSU fans as not respecting FCS, but at the same time it seems pretty clear that you don't want us here...

I-16Bandit
September 12th, 2011, 12:26 PM
But really...it seems like there's a big push on the board to characterize all of us GSU fans as not respecting FCS, but at the same time it seems pretty clear that you don't want us here...

Let me rephrase that for you:

We don't want you here because most State fans disrespect the FCS.

Tuscon
September 12th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Let me rephrase that for you:

We don't want you here because most State fans disrespect the FCS.

Although the couple of fans who post here who do respect the FCS, you push away.

Tuscon
September 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I don't really care what you think of them. I do care that I get treated like **** when I try to come here and talk about my team. This is a ****ing discussion board for FCS football. We're part of that whether you like it or not. So don't tell me to "shut the **** up." I'm going to discuss football on a football forum, and I shouldn't have to deal with this.

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I don't really care what you think of them. I do care that I get treated like **** when I try to come here and talk about my team. This is a ****ing discussion board for FCS football. We're part of that whether you like it or not. So don't tell me to "shut the **** up." I'm going to discuss football on a football forum, and I shouldn't have to deal with this.

If only you'd actually discuss FOOTBALL instead of whining and mewling about your delusional fanbase reaping what it's sown...

If you'd stick to football instead of getting your panties in a wad that nobody else takes you as seriously as you take yourself, you might be surprised at how the conversations turn out ;) But, even here, you're the prototypical mouthy Georgia State fan. I swear the "Yippy Chihuahuas" would be a much better mascot for you guys....

If you don't want to have to deal with "this," try being a fan of a team that actually makes a name for itself on the field. It's a simple concept, really.

Even the typical Georgia State commuter student should be able to grasp it ;)

I-16Bandit
September 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM

You, along with maybe a couple other State posters can actually have a reasonable discussion, I agree. I don't immediately shut you out, but its when the likes of Hammer, panama, or Saint come over, its a little hard to listen. I'm sorry that you are thrown into the same boat as them. Hell, if you are trying to have a legit discussion, I'll back you up.*

* I support State in absolutely no way. :D