Montana 27
Cal Poly 21

Sac St 28
SUU 27

North Dakota 35
Idaho 31

Eastern Washington 35
South Dakota 34

You actually think UND is going to beat Idaho this year? They got "drilled" last year 45-0 or something like that. Interesting.

Montana State
Montana
Sac State
Idaho
EWU

Great West goes 0 for...

da_Bison
September 5th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Montana State 34
UC Davis 20

Cal Poly 24
Montana 17

Sac State 20
SUU 21

Idaho 35
N Dakota 17

Eastern WA 35
S Dakota 24

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Cal poly gets the only win

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Montana State 27
UC Davis 14

Montana 27
Cal Poly 21

Sac St 20
SUU 27

North Dakota 17
Idaho 31

Eastern Washington 35
South Dakota 14

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM
You actually think UND is going to beat Idaho this year? They got "drilled" last year 45-0 or something like that. Interesting.

Montana State
Montana
Sac State
Idaho
EWU

Great West goes 0 for...

UND is a different team and so Idaho who just got "drilled" 32-15 to Bowling Green who was 2-10 last year. So I think UND has a real shot at beating the Vandals. Plus the Vandals superstar QB is now in the NFL last year he threw for 24/37 311 yds and 2TD and 1 INT , and their new starter 19/43 for 177 2TD and 1 INT vs Bowling Green. So if a 2-10 BG team can go into the Kibbie Dome in front of 12,000 people and "drill" Idaho so can UND.

bojeta
September 5th, 2011, 04:28 PM
You know, I'm inclined to agree. I've reassessed that matchup and while I still pic Idaho to win, I think it will be by 7 points or less with a chance of N Dakota pulling it out. Good luck Fighting Sioux!!!

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
You know, I'm inclined to agree. I've reassessed that matchup and while I still pic Idaho to win, I think it will be by 7 points or less with a chance of N Dakota pulling it out. Good luck Fighting Sioux!!!

I agree that 45-0 blowout last year is with 2 different teams. UND has improved at the QB position (although their offense needs to lay off the penalties) and Idaho looks like the Idaho of old if they can get blown out by 2-10 BG. I think its going to go down to the wire in this win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2011, 04:56 PM
UND is a different team and so Idaho who just got "drilled" 32-15 to Bowling Green who was 2-10 last year. So I think UND has a real shot at beating the Vandals. Plus the Vandals superstar QB is now in the NFL last year he threw for 24/37 311 yds and 2TD and 1 INT , and their new starter 19/43 for 177 2TD and 1 INT vs Bowling Green. So if a 2-10 BG team can go into the Kibbie Dome in front of 12,000 people and "drill" Idaho so can UND.

I'm definitely not a UND fan but the 16-0 win over a poor Drake team doesn't leave a lot of confidence in me that they can go in and beat Idaho. Most top level FCS teams could probably beat Idaho. I figured the Drake game would have been a 30-40 point blowout....but teams improve the most between the 1st and 2nd games.

It would have been interesting to see how UND would have matched up against the Bison this year. Big Sky competition will be a tough nut to crack next year.

Idaho 28-13

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'm definitely not a UND fan but the 16-0 win over a poor Drake team doesn't leave a lot of confidence in me that they can go in and beat Idaho. Most top level FCS teams could probably beat Idaho. I figured the Drake game would have been a 30-40 point blowout....but teams improve the most between the 1st and 2nd games.

It would have been interesting to see how UND would have matched up against the Bison this year. Big Sky competition will be a tough nut to crack next year.

Idaho 28-13

If GT and BF would get a deal on the table we could find out and since both teams will have only 3 OOC games (and 1 of those being FBS) I think we can all agree it would be every other year. (of course I would rather have the Dakota rotation where UND plays NDSU 1 year then SDSU the next and USD after that. Attendance would always be good and travel expenses would be near nothing. As for the Drake game UND had too many penalties and dropped passes (including 1 in the end zone) resulting in only 16 points on offense. Muss better have the team ready this is no Drake we are playing. And next weekend we have Fresno State so this is the first real test of the year after these games we don't get tested until GWFC play starts at Southern Utah.

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Or und could have just joined the right conferences.

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Ill laugh if sdsu are the last dakota school to get the bcs win.

Und might have a shot. Mac teams to have a habit of going from godawful to respectable in shot periods of time. Edit: so we really can't be sure the bg isn't suddenly awesome.

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Ill laugh if sdsu are the last dakota school to get the bcs win.

Und might have a shot. Mac teams to have a habit of going from godawful to respectable in shot periods of time.

UND has Idaho and Fresno State this and next Saturday and SDSU has Illinois this Saturday. I think its in the Sioux's favor but since both schools have Zero FBS wins I wouldn't bet any money on the Dakota's.

coover
September 5th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Cal poly gets the only win I agree!

Montana State is an excellent Big Sky team, only looking up at Eastern Washington. UCDavis, without much information to evaluate them on is probably the 2nd or third best Great Western team this year. Montana State wins by a touchdown or two.

Montana is sub par this year (for a Montana team, other teams this good would be called great) ... still good, but not as good as Poly. However, with home field advantage, I believe this game to be even. As a biased Poly Alumni, I pick Poly to win.

Sacramento State is a top 10 FCS team. Southern Utah is probably the 2nd or 3rd best Great Western Teams (though they are predicted to win the Conference). Sacramento State will win by two touchdowns.

Idaho, an FBS team, plays a North Dakota squad who won a game against a weak, non-scholarship FCS team last week only because non-scholly team beat themselves with bad mistakes. I know nothing about Idaho, but expect that some of their athletes are actually FBS calibre. Idaho should win going away.

If Eastern Washington isn't the best FCS team in the nation, they do a pretty good imatation of whoever that team is! South Dakota is not nearly as good as Eastern Washington. I hope they stay healthy this weak so they can show their true strength after EWU destroys them this week.

X-Factor
September 5th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Cal Poly

that is all

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I agree!

Montana State is an excellent Big Sky team, only looking up at Eastern Washington. UCDavis, without much information to evaluate them on is probably the 2nd or third best Great Western team this year. Montana State wins by a touchdown or two.

Montana is sub par this year (for a Montana team, other teams this good would be called great) ... still good, but not as good as Poly. However, with home field advantage, I believe this game to be even. As a biased Poly Alumni, I pick Poly to win.

Sacramento State is a top 10 FCS team. Southern Utah is probably the 2nd or 3rd best Great Western Teams (though they are predicted to win the Conference). Sacramento State will win by two touchdowns.

Idaho, an FBS team, plays a North Dakota squad who won a game against a weak, non-scholarship FCS team last week only because non-scholly team beat themselves with bad mistakes. I know nothing about Idaho, but expect that some of their athletes are actually FBS calibre. Idaho should win going away.

If Eastern Washington isn't the best FCS team in the nation, they do a pretty good imatation of whoever that team is! South Dakota is not nearly as good as Eastern Washington. I hope they stay healthy this weak so they can show their true strength after EWU destroys them this week.

Judging only by week one performances (hard to do), I'd give the nod to the Griz. Both had similar performances against their FBS foes, but the Griz faced a better team in Tennessee than CP did in San Diego State. I expected the Mustangs to fare better against the Aztecs given your history against them. Still early though, and it should be one hell of a game.

Also, I think SUU will still win the GW. I think SDSU is on the rise, but this game against Sac should be a great indicator of where the T-birds are.

Agree with most everything else though. :D

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Judging only by week one performances (hard to do), I'd give the nod to the Griz. Both had similar performances against their FBS foes, but the Griz faced a better team in Tennessee than CP did in San Diego State. I expected the Mustangs to fare better against the Aztecs given your history against them. Still early though, and it should be one hell of a game.

Also, I think SUU will still win the GW. I think SDSU is on the rise, but this game against Sac should be a great indicator of where the T-birds are.

Agree with most everything else though. :D

San diego state is a better team than tennessee, no question

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Montana State 31
UC Davis 17

Montana 28
Cal Poly 23

Sac St 35
SUU 31

North Dakota 13
Idaho 38

Eastern Washington 42
South Dakota 20

Screamin_Eagle174
September 5th, 2011, 10:07 PM
San diego state is a better team than tennessee, no question

Not a chance.

slostang
September 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Not a chance.

I do not know if SDSU is better than UT, but I think you are not giving SDSU enough credit. SDSU was 9-4 last year and they have 4th quarter leads against both TCU and Utah before falling in close games. They return a 4 year starter at QB who will be playing on Sundays, the Moutain West Freshman of the year returning at RB (rushed for over 1,500 yards as a freshman) and 4 returning starters on the O-line.

Squealofthepig
September 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I do not know if SDSU is better than UT, but I think you are not giving SDSU enough credit. SDSU was 9-4 last year and they have 4th quarter leads against both TCU and Utah before falling in close games. They return a 4 year starter at QB who will be playing on Sundays, the Moutain West Freshman of the year returning at RB (rushed for over 1,500 yards as a freshman) and 4 returning starters on the O-line.

We'll find out this week, really; it's tough to say A>B and C>D, therefore A>C and B>D. Cal Poly was definitely more competitive than Montana, though I saw a few good things for both teams in their losses.

Oh, and my pics:

0-1 UC Davis
0-1 Montana St - I think McGhee will have a great day here.

0-1 Cal Poly
0-1 Montana Cal Poly always plays Montana tough, but I see the Griz pulling this out at Wa-Griz.

1-0 Sac St - a popular choice, I'm sure. SUU will be looking to bounce back, and Sac State will look to keep rolling. If Sac State gets consistent, they'll be very dangerous.
0-1 Southern Utah

1-0 North Dakota Idaho let a MAC team walk all over them; great chance for the Sioux to knock off an FBS team.
0-1 Idaho

0-1 Eastern Washington - unless EWU has a letdown in anticipation of week three vs. the Griz.
0-1 South Dakota

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Not a chance.
Late year sdsu had narrow, last second losses to tcu, mizzou, and utah, and is expected to finish second in the mwc, and has one of the best runningback/quarterback tandems in the country, and is expected to be even better all around this year. Tennessee is an sec bottom feeder. Yes the sec is the better overall conference, but only the most biased sec hack would say that the top tier of the mwc is worse that the bottom tier of the sec.

Squealofthepig
September 5th, 2011, 11:31 PM
SDSU vs. Tennessee is debatable. Last year, Tennessee had the disadvantage of, like, playing good teams. Five of their seven losses last year were to ranked teams (7, 10, 12, 8, 20); their bowl loss was in two OT's; and their other loss was at Georgia. But: They lost all those teams, and they beat zero ranked opponents, and had only two road wins over, umm, Vanderbilt and Memphis. SDSU had four losses, two to unranked teams (though Mizzou wound up being ranked and had to rely on, literally, a miracle play to beat them). And one loss at home. They beat Air Force, so actually had a win over a ranked opponent (at #23), and they won their bowl game (vs. Navy).

If SDSU were to play Tennessee this year? I think it would depend on where it's played.

But, based on what I've seen: If Montana were playing AT Cal Poly this year, I'd probably pick Cal Poly.

bincitysioux
September 6th, 2011, 12:07 AM
0-1 UC Davis
0-1 Montana St - I think Montana St. is a top 10 team and shouldn't have much trouble with the Aggies. Won't be a blowout or anything, but the Bobcats should be in control.

0-1 Cal Poly
0-1 Montana - Pretty even matchup, going to go with the home team in a close game.

1-0 Sac St
0-1 Southern Utah - Pretty even matchup, going to go with the home team in a close game. I think Sac St. might suffer from the FBS hang-over.

0-1 Eastern Washington - EWU in a laugher........could be ugly opener for the Yotes
0-1 South Dakota

I'm not picking North Dakota games this year, because that hasn't worked worth a **** for me in the past. xsmhx

Ironic that every single Great West game this weekend features either a current, former, or future Big Sky team..................except for them mange Coyotes of course. xsmiley_wix

The Cats
September 6th, 2011, 07:11 AM
UC Davis
Montana
Sac St
Idaho
Eastern Washington

gjw007
September 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
0-1 UC Davis
0-1 Montana St

0-1 Cal Poly
0-1 Montana

1-0 Sac St
0-1 Southern Utah

1-0 North Dakota
0-1 Idaho

0-1 Eastern Washington
0-1 South Dakota

BISON Thunder
September 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Upset of the week...South Dakota gets the win.

cpalum
September 6th, 2011, 11:15 AM
First, congratulations to Sac State

Second, I expect SUU to beat you this week Sorry Hornetsxcoffeex

Green Cookie Monster
September 6th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Same could be said of Montana taking out the Mustangs.

cpalum
September 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
not really...they lost to SDSU, you guys won. You are looking at 1-1, we are staring at 0-2

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Just as a friendly reminder from our wonderful administrator, If you are in a Pick Em discussion, make sure to subscribe to it because the threads will be stuck probably two or three at a time for a few days so that people can spot them.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Upset of the week...South Dakota gets the win.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

Want to put a bet on that, bizon boy? Just because you don't like a team, doesn't mean they're gonna lose. Just as I wish St. Francis (LOL) would beat the prairie cows this weekend, I know it's not going to happen.

Grizzaholic
September 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

Want to put a bet on that, bizon boy? Just because you don't like a team, doesn't mean they're gonna lose. Just as I wish St. Francis (LOL) would beat the prairie cows this weekend, I know it's not going to happen.

Crazier things have happened...

Oh, and SUU wins.

BISON Thunder
September 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx

Little testy are we? I actually enjoyed my time last year in your fair city, met alot of great Eagle fans (not certain if I met you), and thought your team was fun to watch. How choosing another team to win against your team has me "not liking" EWU is sort of weird...but whatever.

The SD team which beat Minnesota last season was better than the EWU team which beat the Bison last season. The SD team which showed up at the FargoDome last season was not (yes, I saw all three games). Last season is last season, but if you, your coaches and team believe SD has no chance of winning this weekend...any given Saturday.

bojeta
September 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
SDSU vs. Tennessee is debatable. Last year, Tennessee had the disadvantage of, like, playing good teams. Five of their seven losses last year were to ranked teams (7, 10, 12, 8, 20); their bowl loss was in two OT's; and their other loss was at Georgia. But: They lost all those teams, and they beat zero ranked opponents, and had only two road wins over, umm, Vanderbilt and Memphis. SDSU had four losses, two to unranked teams (though Mizzou wound up being ranked and had to rely on, literally, a miracle play to beat them). And one loss at home. They beat Air Force, so actually had a win over a ranked opponent (at #23), and they won their bowl game (vs. Navy).

If SDSU were to play Tennessee this year? I think it would depend on where it's played.

But, based on what I've seen: If Montana were playing AT Cal Poly this year, I'd probably pick Cal Poly.

Hate to get into these pissing contests over unknowns, but... if you're suggesting San Diego State didn't play "good teams", then you were on another planet. Their only 4 losses were to: TCU (undefeated and ranked 4 or 5 in final BCS poll), Missouri, Utah and BYU for COMBINED TOTAL of 15 POINTS!! Sorry, not buying that.

jayhawkdaddy
September 7th, 2011, 05:04 PM
MSU
UM
SUU
Idaho
EWU

darell1976
September 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
http://www.5dimes.com/livelines/livelines.aspx#al_19

North Dakota
Idaho -12

Not a big margin for beating us 45-0 last year. Maybe there is hope.

bincitysioux
September 8th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Hey darell1976........................

My Pats are gonna smoke your Dolphins on Monday night!.......................xtroublex

darell1976
September 8th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Hey darell1976........................

My Pats are gonna smoke your Dolphins on Monday night!.......................xtroublex

No they are not!!!! Did you know Miami plays at New England on Christmas EVE!? Miami better make this one count. If Henne screws this game up his days in Miami are seriously numbered.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Little testy are we? I actually enjoyed my time last year in your fair city, met alot of great Eagle fans (not certain if I met you), and thought your team was fun to watch. How choosing another team to win against your team has me "not liking" EWU is sort of weird...but whatever.

The SD team which beat Minnesota last season was better than the EWU team which beat the Bison last season. The SD team which showed up at the FargoDome last season was not (yes, I saw all three games). Last season is last season, but if you, your coaches and team believe SD has no chance of winning this weekend...any given Saturday.

Not testy at all, just amused. You must be the exception to the rule then, because I've found that 95% of NDSU fans hate EWU because of the red field, the small town, Bill Fette, Taiwan Jones, or a combination of them all. Agreed about that USD team being better than that EWU team. We played like S*** against the Bizon. But so far, this year's EWU team is leaps and bounds better than our team from last year... when they were good.

jacksfan29
September 10th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Not testy at all, just amused. You must be the exception to the rule then, because I've found that 95% of NDSU fans hate EWU because of the red field, the small town, Bill Fette, Taiwan Jones, or a combination of them all. Agreed about that USD team being better than that EWU team. We played like S*** against the Bizon. But so far, this year's EWU team is leaps and bounds better than our team from last year... when they were good.

I can't stand USD but 21-0 in the 2nd? Ummm, you may want to rethink your comment about this years team being better then last. The only good thing I can see so far today, you have given up enough points early enough to give your offense a chance to put up enough points to get back into it.

BISON Thunder
September 10th, 2011, 10:38 PM

Any Given Saturday...