Week 2 Game Listing
Lamar at South Alabama
Nicholls at Western Michigan
Northern Iowa at Stephen F. Austin
Central Arkansas at Louisiana Tech
Savannah State at Southeastern Louisiana
Northwestern State at LSU

TT's Week 2 Predictions & Quick Analysis

Lamar at South Alabama - The boys from Mobile, Ala. have yet to lose and may have played it close against Div II West Alabama last week. Tough to gauge the Cardinals since Texas College is as bad an opponent as you'll see a SLC school play. While Lamar's running game was vastly improved - again tough to really measure it - the passing game struggled mightily against a poor TC team. Still undefeated... SOUTH ALABAMA

Nicholls at Western Michigan - Western Michigan will be playing their home opener after falling 34-10 to Michigan. WMU actually led in the contest and Nicholls routed Evangel. First of two FBS games this year for the Colonels, who have beaten an FBS team in last few years (remember Rice?). Still wil be tough mountain to climb. WESTERN MICHIGAN

Northern Iowa at Stephen F. Austin - Northern Iowa is entering the game off a narrow loss to Iowa State. SFA blasted McMurry. If this game was in Cedar Falls, I would lead to UNI, but it is in Nacogdoches. Heat could play a factor for the UNI Domers and chasing the Lumberjacks' offense around the field is never pleasant, particularly in the heat. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Central Arkansas at Louisiana Tech - The group from La Tech is coming in off a 19-17 loss to Southern Miss while UCA christened the new turf with a 'W' over a Div Ii Squad. My SLC homerism is weighing heavily on my mind here as I'd love to see La Tech drop one in Ruston, so we'll go with CENTRAL ARKANSAS without worrying about a kink in the armor of the W-L record.

Savannah State at Southeastern Louisiana - Southeastern Louisiana flashed some offense against a porous Tulane defense. Savannah State met defeat against a non-Div I opponent and that's never a good thing. SLU is at home and playing the old stomping grounds of their AD. SSU has had turmoil all over them throughout their tenure in D1. Pulling for Mike Lucas this year, as I'd hate to see SLU pull the plug - this is one they have to win. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Northwestern State at LSU - The Demons go to LSU! LSU is hoping that Lee can progress in this game in light of the Jefferson suspension and the Demons join the Tigers in having their own internal issues (Paul Harris?). Would love to see the Demons win as it would make for hillarious commentary in SE Louisiana, but going to take LSU

blackfordpu
September 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Week One 8-0

Lamar at South Alabama

GeauxLions94
September 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Lamar (1-0) at South Alabama (1-0) - Lamar picked up a win over Texas College while South Alabama overcame early turnovers and defeated an improving D-II opponent in West Alabama ... USA is 17-0 since starting football in 2009 and blanked Lamar last season in Beaumont, 26-0 ... I think Lamar is improved from last season's club, but can't go against the home team on this one. SOUTH ALABAMA

Nicholls State (1-0) at Western Michigan (0-1) - With the threat of a tropical storm bearing down on them, Nicholls State went out and blanked Evangel (Mo.), 42-0, behind a solid running game ... meanwhile over 1,100 miles away, Western Michigan dropped a weather-shortened 34-10 contest in the Big House to Michigan ... What's the point you say? Nicholls State is tough ... but not that tough ... go with the Broncos in this one. WESTERN MICHIGAN

Northern Iowa (0-1) at Stephen F. Austin (1-0) - The best game in the Southland and one of the best FCS contests this week as nationally-ranked SFA and UNI battle it out at Homer Bryce ... the Lumberjacks beat up on D-III McMurray University, 82-6, while Northern Iowa came up a point short at Iowa State ... SFA went up to Cedar Falls last season and posted a 22-20 victory ... it'll be a tougher contest this week for SFA, but look for the Jacks to pull out a close one ... STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Central Arkansas (1-0) at Louisiana Tech (0-1) - UCA picked up an impressive win on its new rug against former Gulf South Conference rival Henderson State and now heads south for a contest against FBS member Louisiana Tech ... the Bulldogs lost a close contest late Saturday at Southern Miss and look to improve in the rugged WAC ... UCA has the potential to pull the upset here, but I like Tech to win this one in Ruston ... LOUISIANA TECH

Savannah State (0-1) at Southeastern Louisiana (0-1) - Southeastern Louisiana piled up 419 yards total offense against FBS member Tulane, but struggled in special teams, giving the Green Wave a short field to work with ... Brian Young looked good for Southeastern in his third career start while Zeke Jones and Sam Fairley ran the ball well ... Brandon Collins grabbed nine passes and Simmie Yarborough added four to extend his school-record total to 172 receptions ... Savannah State lost in the final seconds to D-II Albany State and has Appalachian State looming on the schedule ... Southeastern goes on the road the next two weeks as it battles Southern Miss before opening Southland Conference play at McNeese State ... the Lions need this game, and head coach Mike Lucas and Co. will get the job done ... SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

Northwestern State (1-0) at LSU (1-0) - About a month ago, it could have been billed as the battle of quarterbacks (Jordan Jefferson vs. Paul Harris) ... a month later, both quarterbacks are suspended indefinitely ... Northwestern State rallied behind the play of JUCO transfer Brad Henderson to claim a 24-23 win over D-II national runner-up Delta State while LSU enjoyed a generous serving of "Day-Glo Duck Gumbo" in an impressive win over Oregon ... Northwestern State, enjoy the experience because this week - you're Tiger Bait! LSU

Hood
September 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Guys we might have blanked Evangel 42-0 but trust me, we are SLOPPY. The score is indicative of how bad off Evangel is, not how good NSU is. (I'm not trying to insult the Crusaders, we were just terrible).

The WMU game has the potential to get very ugly.

BEAR
September 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Week 2 Game Listing
Lamar at South Alabama..a guess.
Nicholls at Western Michigan..a guess.
Northern Iowa at Stephen F. Austin...just a guess.
Central Arkansas at Louisiana Tech- eh..speed kills...Bears...sometimes.
Savannah State at Southeastern Louisiana..SELA is impressive so far.
Northwestern State at LSU..um..do I really need to say?

I didn't choose last week but they went the way I thought they would except the Delta State game. Delta ain't no joke. xlolx

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Guys we might have blanked Evangel 42-0 but trust me, we are SLOPPY. The score is indicative of how bad off Evangel is, not how good NSU is. (I'm not trying to insult the Crusaders, we were just terrible). The WMU game has the potential to get very ugly.

What was ugly about the Colonels this past week? You think Stubbs is going to take the lumps out of conference again and right the ship by the time conference starts?

clenz
September 4th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Why do you think the heat will be a problem? It's been in the 90's in CF most of the summer (as it always is).

The game isn't until 6PM, so the high of the day won't be an issue.

The projected dew point is something like 58, which isn't bad with mid 90's temps.

UNI practices outside every single day, minus days of massive thunderstorms or snow storms.

I'm failing to see the big issue with the heat right here.

LIONFAN07
September 4th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Last week 6-2

Lamar at South Alabama

NIU SFA game should be a classic. I think we will see how the new SFA QB and new OC will do going up against a good defense like NIU.

clenz
September 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Wait...SFA is playing Northern Illinois?

UNI returns the entire secondary from last year. Should be interesting. Had UNI played bump coverage last year, rather than 8 yards off at the snap the game would have been very different. I hope that adjustment is made this year.

clenz
September 4th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'll also add that if the coaches don't feel it is warm enough outside, they can take practice in the dome and turn the heat up in there and it can get very hot and humid in the dome in a very short amount of time.

lionsrking2
September 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM

UNI returns the entire secondary from last year. Should be interesting. Had UNI played bump coverage last year, rather than 8 yards off at the snap the game would have been very different. I hope that adjustment is made this year.

UNI vs SFA ... battle of #2 vs #4 on my AGS Poll ballot ... gonna be a good one!

msusig
September 5th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Lamar at South Alabama

crossfire07
September 5th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Lamar at South Alabama

TheRevSFA
September 5th, 2011, 09:37 AM
All of these people saying that the heat won't be a factor haven't been in east Texas at 6pm. Hottest part of the day

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Lamar at South Alabama

UCA at La Tech is a very good chance for FCS>FBS. Good Luck Bears! Beat the 19:1 odds

LIONFAN07
September 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM

My bad. This should be a great game and I think UNI will win this one. Even though I think I will be routing for SFA as a person who wants to see the Southland do well nationally.

Hood
September 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM
What was ugly about the Colonels this past week? You think Stubbs is going to take the lumps out of conference again and right the ship by the time conference starts?

I don't know if that's his plan or not. The local paper has an article up today quoting players admitting things, specifically in the passing game, are not good at all. Our starter was 5 of 13 for 39 yards in 2 quarters. Our back up fared slightly better, but anything would have been better.

Here the article hashes it out better than me: click here (http://www.houmatoday.com/article/20110905/ARTICLES/110909820?p=all&tc=pgall).

McNeese75
September 5th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Lamar at South Alabama

blackfordpu
September 5th, 2011, 02:09 PM
All of these people saying that the heat won't be a factor haven't been in east Texas at 6pm. Hottest part of the day

I agree Rev, unless you have been out in it all summer, no one can replicate the heat we have had this year. Though I do think it will play a factor, I still think UNI comes out on top in a close one.

clenz
September 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Iowa sits in the upper 80 and 90s witha heat index about 100 most of the summer. It's not like out players have no ideawhat great fels like. If it was november and you were taking heat in the 90s when uni is out in 30 degree weather id buy that

GrabbAnAxe
September 5th, 2011, 06:20 PM

Ask Sam Houston's secondary what happens when you play SFA in bump coverage like they did last year in the first half at Reliant Stadium. (see Cordell Roberson's 5 rec, 162 yds and 2 TDs)

As for the heat, well, I live in East Texas, and I've been to Iowa ... in the summer. And there is no comparison to the heat. Now, with that being said, I don't see it as being a factor at all.

Why? Because at the end of the day it's going to be hot for both teams, and neither team will be thinking about it. By the time the teams start to get fatigued the sun will be down and the heat index will drop considerably. It's not like UNI doesn't know it's hot in TX, and they will undoubtedly do a little extra hydrating in preparation. That's all they need to do.

In the end it is going to be a matter of execution. SFA won 82-6 last week against a D-3/2 team, yes. But they also turned the ball over mulitple times. UNI should've beaten a poor FBS team in ISU ... so those games are a wash.

Turnovers were the issue in last year's game. If UNI hangs on to the ball at the UNIDome, they win that game by 10+. And the problem this year for SFA is that Rinnie (sp?) is back, and mobile QBs give SFA's defense issues.

Both teams will score, but it's going to be a close one ... I'm a Homer (Bryce), so I'm still going to go with the 'Jacks. SFA 31, UNI 29 ... but it wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way.

crossfire07
September 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
90 degrees is not gonna be hot.

BEAR
September 5th, 2011, 08:11 PM

90 degrees?! xeekx Is someone having a cold snap go through their state?! xlolx

clenz
September 5th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Ask Sam Houston's secondary what happens when you play SFA in bump coverage like they did last year in the first half at Reliant Stadium. (see Cordell Roberson's 5 rec, 162 yds and 2 TDs)

As for the heat, well, I live in East Texas, and I've been to Iowa ... in the summer. And there is no comparison to the heat. Now, with that being said, I don't see it as being a factor at all.

Why? Because at the end of the day it's going to be hot for both teams, and neither team will be thinking about it. By the time the teams start to get fatigued the sun will be down and the heat index will drop considerably. It's not like UNI doesn't know it's hot in TX, and they will undoubtedly do a little extra hydrating in preparation. That's all they need to do.

In the end it is going to be a matter of execution. SFA won 82-6 last week against a D-3/2 team, yes. But they also turned the ball over mulitple times. UNI should've beaten a poor FBS team in ISU ... so those games are a wash.

Turnovers were the issue in last year's game. If UNI hangs on to the ball at the UNIDome, they win that game by 10+. And the problem this year for SFA is that Rinnie (sp?) is back, and mobile QBs give SFA's defense issues.

Both teams will score, but it's going to be a close one ... I'm a Homer (Bryce), so I'm still going to go with the 'Jacks. SFA 31, UNI 29 ... but it wouldn't surprise me if it went the other way.I would put a thousand dolalrs on the fact that UNI's secondary is much better than Sam Houston State's.

You're going to compare a game against a D3 school, a team that gave SFA the ball inside their own 40 something like 5 times, to a game against a BCS team (even if it isn't a great BCS team) and call it a wash? Really? Are D3 teams from Texas really that good?

blackfordpu
September 6th, 2011, 05:25 AM
I would put a thousand dolalrs on the fact that UNI's secondary is much better than Sam Houston State's.

You're going to compare a game against a D3 school, a team that gave SFA the ball inside their own 40 something like 5 times, to a game against a BCS team (even if it isn't a great BCS team) and call it a wash? Really? Are D3 teams from Texas really that good?

That is a pretty ridiculous statement.

The Cats
September 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
South Alabama
Western Michigan
Northern Iowa
Louisiana Tech
Southeastern Louisiana
LSU

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Week 1 - 6-2

Week 2

Lamar at South Alabama

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I would put a thousand dolalrs on the fact that UNI's secondary is much better than Sam Houston State's.

That's not a homer statement or anything.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM

Right now it's looking at 93 degrees...with winds out of the north..so atleast it's dry heat.

Might be a very pleasant game in Nacogdoches.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 11:25 AM
That's not a homer statement or anything.
UNI had two of the 4 defensive backs named to the preseason All MVFC team. Both of them are Juniors and now three year starters/full time players

CB J.J. Swain also named to the post season 2010 MVFC All Conference team

CB/S Andre Martin - 3rd in the team in tackles last season (total and solo), led the team in picks, returned picks for an average of 15 yards and had a pick 6..forced a couple fumbles

Along with those two CB Varma Sonie is a Jr that has three years of spot starting and playing much of the game.

Senior Free Safety Tre'Darious Canady is a 3 year starter going between CB and Safety. Ranked 7th on the team in tackles last season and forced a couple fumbles as he played more of an enforcer role last year.

The only "question" I had going into the year was Strong Safety.

Jr. Garret Scott has stepped in there. He has started games in all three seasons, but wasn't the full time starter. However, he did put some good numbers up when he was in the games. My concerns have seemingly been answered as he had two picks versus Iowa State last week, and had two more that he should have had - he would probably say the same as well since he had them in his hands.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 11:30 AM
SFA may have a decent secondary, but every one of UNI's defensive backs have started games for at least two or three years and been on the field the majority of the game for three years.

If anything I'd be concerned about SFA's defense. Last year Rennie struggled to read defenses (and our passing game in general wasn't great) and we put 260 yards on SFA in the air...UNI only averaged about 160 per game through the air. Not only that Rennie looks about 100% more comfortable on the field this year. Oh, and UNI put up 6.5 yards per rush on SFA last season, and that was with all 4 of the 5 offensive lineman making just their second career start and the other one making his 5th career start. This year 4 of the 5 are back....and that same offensive line didn't allow a single Iowa State defender in the back field all night last week.

Like has been said, had UNI not been fumble happy the first 4 games last season UNI wins the SFA game by 10+. However, they were and they didn't. This year the team goes from something like 9 starters back to 18 starters back....

I'll take UNI.....but crazier **** has happened.

achrist70
September 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I think that UNI has far more depth than people realize, especially in the secondary, our backups and even some 3rd string players would start for most FCS teams in the country. Linebackers are almost as deep. D-line I think we have a lot of young talent that didn't see much time against ISU, it will be interesting to see how much time if all this play.

On a side note Chuck Norris is excited that UNI is playing in Texas so he can see his sons Ben and Carlos play.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
SFA may have a decent secondary, but every one of UNI's defensive backs have started games for at least two or three years and been on the field the majority of the game for three years.

If anything I'd be concerned about SFA's defense. Last year Rennie struggled to read defenses (and our passing game in general wasn't great) and we put 260 yards on SFA in the air...UNI only averaged about 160 per game through the air. Not only that Rennie looks about 100% more comfortable on the field this year. Oh, and UNI put up 6.5 yards per rush on SFA last season, and that was with all 4 of the 5 offensive lineman making just their second career start and the other one making his 5th career start. This year 4 of the 5 are back....and that same offensive line didn't allow a single Iowa State defender in the back field all night last week.

Like has been said, had UNI not been fumble happy the first 4 games last season UNI wins the SFA game by 10+. However, they were and they didn't. This year the team goes from something like 9 starters back to 18 starters back....

I'll take UNI.....but crazier **** has happened.

Rennie was throwing in a dome last year. Let's get some wind on him and see how he throws with zero velocity :D

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 12:11 PM
I'm taking SFA by 3...both teams match up well and I have seen some UNI posters worrying about going against a pass heavy offense, and so..here is your first opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to this, and as stated on panthernation.com, those of y'all making the trip to Nac please feel free to join us in tailgating before your tailgate opens. 2 hours before the game? Weak.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I'm taking SFA by 3...both teams match up well and I have seen some UNI posters worrying about going against a pass heavy offense, and so..here is your first opportunity to do so.

I am looking forward to this, and as stated on panthernation.com, those of y'all making the trip to Nac please feel free to join us in tailgating before your tailgate opens. 2 hours before the game? Weak.

Where have you saw fans worried about going against a pass happy offense?

Rennie threw the ball extremely well Saturday night at Iowa State in some of the sloppiest conditions UNI will play in this year. It had rained for about 36 hours straight, and 2 out of 3 days in Ames and the winds were 20+

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Where have you saw fans worried about going against a pass happy offense?

Rennie threw the ball extremely well Saturday night at Iowa State in some of the sloppiest conditions UNI will play in this year. It had rained for about 36 hours straight, and 2 out of 3 days in Ames and the winds were 20+

I should have edited that to say "one of the posters" as I only made it through a few of the posts on PN about the ISU UNI game.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I should have edited that to say "one of the posters" as I only made it through a few of the posts on PN about the ISU UNI game.

The first post on the UNI/ISU thread about the secondary was poost #40 of the thread and read:

Our defense, especially the secondary, sounds awesome. Now if we can get the punter to give them better field position.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 12:44 PM
The first post on the UNI/ISU thread about the secondary was poost #40 of the thread and read:

Our defense, especially the secondary, sounds awesome. Now if we can get the punter to give them better field position.

I can't find the post I saw this morning..I probably misread as I'm reading boards while pulling reports. My mistake.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Just as a friendly reminder from our wonderful administrator, If you are in a Pick Em discussion, make sure to subscribe to it because the threads will be stuck probably two or three at a time for a few days so that people can spot them.

GrabbAnAxe
September 6th, 2011, 02:40 PM

That is likely a fair statement, although Sam Houston's defense was much improved last year and seems to be improved once again this year. It just seems as though you thought that the majority of our offense consisted of just short dink-and-dunk passes, which a lot of times is what the defense gives us, but with our WR corps, we can run right by you and put up big yardage in a hurry if that's what you're giving us. I'll say this: You might want to have safety help against Roberson deep. He'll play on Sundays.

As for here, you obviously did not pick up on the sentiment of my statement. We played a D2/3 team, yes; however, we demolished them as we should have and as any team at this level who is supposed to be an upper-tier team should have, including Northern Iowa. If it would've been a close game in the slightest, then I can understand where questions on validity of the game would arise; however, that's not the case and SFA did what it was supposed to do.

You guys took on a team that will likely finish at/near the bottom of the weaker division of a FBS conference. And although you very well could've/should've won, it didn't happen. I would like to think that if Iowa St played any of the FCS top 10-15 that several of those teams would have a legitamate shot at knocking them off as well, including SFA. So with that being said, both teams took on other teams that are not on the same level, whether above or below, so yes, it's a wash.

But again, you throw those games out the window for this week ... hopefully we all can enjoy what I believe will be a very, very competitive game in Deep East Texas. It's easily the best FCS matchup in the country this week.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 03:09 PM
That is likely a fair statement, although Sam Houston's defense was much improved last year and seems to be improved once again this year. It just seems as though you thought that the majority of our offense consisted of just short dink-and-dunk passes, which a lot of times is what the defense gives us, but with our WR corps, we can run right by you and put up big yardage in a hurry if that's what you're giving us. I'll say this: You might want to have safety help against Roberson deep. He'll play on Sundays.

2010 SFA stats vs UNI....Yards per completion - 9.6. (remember UNI was at 6.5 PER RUSH)

If that isn't dink and dunk passing I don't know what is.

For the season SFA put up 11.9 ypc.

I did some checking of some random schools across the nation...some run oriented, some balanced, some pass....SFA was near the bottom for YPC. Average was around 13-15 YPC.

That type of game works for SFA....Against a real good defense it won't be as effective.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 03:23 PM
2010 SFA stats vs UNI....Yards per completion - 9.6. (remember UNI was at 6.5 PER RUSH)

I did some checking of some random schools across the nation...some run oriented, some balanced, some pass....SFA was near the bottom for YPC. Average was around 13-15 YPC.

That type of game works for SFA....Against a real good defense it won't be as effective.

So your defense wasn't good last year then, eh?

Given the fact that SFA runs a no huddle offense when they do this, it's about as deadly as an effective run game. I mean...362 yards per game passing has got to take a toll on defenses

I mean..SFA went for 356 yards passing on UNI so obviously something was clicking last year.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hoonestly, last year UNI's defense was pretty average...especially for a UNI defense.

356 isn't that impressive when it takes 55 attempts to get there.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hoonestly, last year UNI's defense was pretty average...especially for a UNI defense.

356 isn't that impressive when it takes 55 attempts to get there.

Yet we won in the Dome....

GrabbAnAxe
September 6th, 2011, 07:25 PM

I can appreciate good statistical background work as much as the next guy, but what you are saying is that last year SFA averaged 0.4 yards short of a first down each and every time it caught the ball in the game last season ... and the same amount of yardage that UNI picked up every time it ran the ball out of a spread offense w/ a mobile QB and superior backs. What that tells me is that each team does what it is designed to do very well, and will be a test for both defenses on Saturday.

But to counterpoint you onto the dink-and-dunk issue, why do you think that nearly every team that plays SFA (or any similar offense) typically avoids bump coverage for the most part and allows the short passes? It makes a heckuva lot of sense to me for a defense to try and keep everything in front of you if possible.

Don't misunderstood what I said earlier, SFA's offense is geared to get it the ball to its skill guys in space, just like any offense. It's short passing game is just an extension of the running game, but SFA has the ability to stretch the field too. Keep in mind that Moses was the king of the short game, and when he started taking what the defense gave him more often as a senior, that's when he put up his best numbers. As for Attaway, he's got a stronger arm, is younger and from the little bit that I've seen from him he has a tendency to try and stretch the field a lot more than Moses did.

That could lead to some big plays ... I just hope its for our team and not yours.

clenz
September 6th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Don't need to bump...in stead of playing 8 yards off play 4.

Hell, with our D-line and pass rush I'd be willing to try bump coverage.

jayhawkdaddy
September 7th, 2011, 04:55 PM
USA
WMU
UNI
La TECH
SLU
LSU

Bearkat-Backer
September 8th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I mean..SFA went for 356 yards passing on UNI so obviously something was clicking last year.

Yea, Moses.

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Yea, Moses.

..and supposedly Attaway is supposed to be faster and more accurate than Moses.

McNeese75
September 8th, 2011, 08:48 AM

Optimism is great, I know we had plenty of it last year with a transfer QB coming in to replace a 4 year starter. I think you will find out pretty quickly this weekend or in conference that Mr. Attaway is NOT Moses and will not pick up where he left off (at least in the first year or so)

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 08:56 AM

But can he drink like Moses?

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
But can he drink like Moses?

Moses can part the Red Sea, but Attaway can part some undergrad's legs?

Bearkat-Backer
September 8th, 2011, 01:48 PM

So I guess that makes him the early front runner for the Payton Award! xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
So I guess that makes him the early front runner for the Payton Award! xlolx

Ha...On a serious note we have a bet going on to when Tim Flanders back gives out from carrying your offense. I said at Reliant.

Bearkat-Backer
September 8th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Ha...On a serious note we have a bet going on to when Tim Flanders back gives out from carrying your offense. I said at Reliant.

He didn't have to do much heavy lifting against WIU. Bell took care of things through the air. Flanders really didn't do too much until the 4th qtr when we were running out the clock.

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
He didn't have to do much heavy lifting against WIU. Bell took care of things through the air. Flanders really didn't do too much until the 4th qtr when we were running out the clock.

Wait til you play a team not picked to finish 8th in their conference.

I know..I know...we played a DII team.

Bearkat-Backer
September 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Wait til you play a team not picked to finish 8th in their conference.

I know..I know...we played a DII team.

I think you mean DIII.

blackfordpu
September 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Moses can part the Red Sea, but Attaway can part some undergrad's legs?

That's not a big achievement at SFA.....

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
For the first time in recorded history, I agree with Blackford......Bedding an SFA chick isn't something you admit to unless one of your buddies has photographic proof and even then, you should claim that it's been Photoshopped...

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
That's not a big achievement at SFA.....

Well I did screw a SHSU chick once, but it was kinda awkward with it being a conjugal visit

blackfordpu
September 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Well I did screw a SHSU chick once, but it was kinda awkward with it being a conjugal visit

grasping for straws huh Rev?

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 10:33 PM
grasping for straws huh Rev?

It's been a long day. How's the new job?