PDA

View Full Version : Spiders Beat Duke

paward
September 3rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
That would be three in a Row down there!

superman7515
September 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
Very nice. Good job Spiders.

Uncle Buck
September 3rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
They need to get the Spiders off their schedule. Great W

BlueHenSinfonian
September 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
Nice win for Richmond, especially considering the turmoil in the coaching situation.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Congrats Spiders :)

ElonPride
September 3rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
SWEET UR!

The team I pull for other than my own!

JSUBison
September 3rd, 2011, 09:45 PM
I was getting worried for a while, the FBS was working the FCS pretty good today. But the Spiders pulled it off, along with Sac State. Good job EWU, UNI and Eastern Kentucky. I know a loss is a loss, but you guys represented. McNeese and SELA impressed me as well.

eagle07
September 3rd, 2011, 10:00 PM
They could probably beat a 1/3 of the ACC teams this year

blackfordpu
September 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Way to represent Richmond, good job.

veinup
September 3rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
spiders, good win. much respect.

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
Nice win Spiders :)

DJKyR0
September 3rd, 2011, 11:50 PM
Congrats Richmond, and enjoy the win, fans thereof.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 4th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks, guys. That one feels good after a couple rough weeks here in Richmond!

We may turn some heads this year. Defense looks very good. Offense has good potential too.

Monarch History
September 4th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Nice win by the Spiders after the turmoil these past few weeks. Tre Gray sure had a great game with 8 receptions and a career high 129 yards. I guess that's why Phil Steele has him preseason CAA First-Team!

Tribe93
September 4th, 2011, 01:17 PM
They could probably beat a 1/3 of the ACC teams this year

Not a chance. Great win for UR and I'm not taking anything away from them but Duke is a bottom-feeder in the ACC.

dgtw
September 4th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Duke is pretty terrible but they are still FBS. Nice win for Richmond.

HailSzczur
September 4th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Nice to see one of the CAA teams pull out a win against the big boys. I don't care thats its Duke, they are still playing with 22 more scholarships, so a BCS win is a BCS win in my book.

lknspider
September 4th, 2011, 03:12 PM
New Spider Coach Lineburg and his staff are a class act. There is a lot of new talent on Richmond's team and QB Aaron Corp (with continued good health) will be a major factor in the CAA. This year's Duke team is much more talented than the two previous teams defeated by Richmond. Of course, I want Duke now to do well, but won't be surprised. Their defense is much improved and they have two running backs with speed. Their QB looked shaken for most of the 1st half.

Death Dealer
September 4th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Nice win. I have always liked the Spiders. Class acts up there.

redspider
September 4th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Very proud of my Spiders. Way to go Spiders! Things are all of a sudden really looking up for this season after a few rough weeks. If Corp stays healthy the sky is the limit!

bostonspider
September 4th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the last time a FCS (or I-AA) beat a FBS (I-A) team three times in a row.. Maybe ASU over Wake in the 80's??

clearthinker
September 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Good Job Spiders

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Yes, a very nice win for the Spiders and I agree with DD on the "class act" part. The people I met in Chatty and had some beers with were exactly that.

JmuSkinsfan
September 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
There is actually a deranged spider poster on the JMU page of the CAA zone who took it upon himself to come mock JMU ... starting a thread about their win ... not sure why he felt that necessary ... but then went on to basically insinuate that UR over Duke 3 times in a row is a bigger deal than JMU over #13 VT last year ... I have a hard time being happy for UR fans for that reason ... their fans.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the last time a FCS (or I-AA) beat a FBS (I-A) team three times in a row.. Maybe ASU over Wake in the 80's??
Montana had four in a row over Idaho and has two in a row over Oregon St. but I think after this last weekend the PAC 12 may step away from the Big Sky for a while. We ain't gonna get a shot at a third over O State.

bostonspider
September 4th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Well Duke has definitely decided to step away from playing UR.

"UR will continue to play one ACC team per season through 2018. The list involves Virginia next year, N.C. State in 2013, Virginia in 2014, an undetermined ACC opponent in 2015 (not from the state of Virginia), Virginia in 2016, Boston College in 2017, and Virginia in 2018."

JmuSkinsfan
September 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM

"UR will continue to play one ACC team per season through 2018. The list involves Virginia next year, N.C. State in 2013, Virginia in 2014, an undetermined ACC opponent in 2015 (not from the state of Virginia), Virginia in 2016, Boston College in 2017, and Virginia in 2018."

Man ... at least Virginia will play you ... they've boycotted us since the 80's when we beat them ... at least that's how it seems

Death Dealer
September 4th, 2011, 05:48 PM
There's one in every bunch. Some have more than others. For the most part the Richmond fans I've interacted with have been pretty level headed. Granted, they aren't a direct rival.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
There is actually a deranged spider poster on the JMU page of the CAA zone who took it upon himself to come mock JMU ... starting a thread about their win ... not sure why he felt that necessary ... but then went on to basically insinuate that UR over Duke 3 times in a row is a bigger deal than JMU over #13 VT last year ... I have a hard time being happy for UR fans for that reason ... their fans.

xbawlingx

soccerguy315
September 4th, 2011, 05:57 PM
congrats well deserved, UR

superman7515
September 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM

How can you not like Richmond? I lived in Richmond for a few years in the 80's. Used to have a pretty kicking music scene including this strange little band called GWAR.

paward
September 4th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hey JmuSkinsfan, we come in peace, lol. Do not take that thread too serious. We are not all anti JMU, just anti JMU fans that hate us. I respect your program. Ok let's call a trouce. You can go to Spider Nation and post whatever you like. I will assure you safe passage. FWIW, your VT win in my books is still very impressive.

HailSzczur
September 4th, 2011, 08:36 PM

If all goes well UVA may never want to play you again as well

ur2k
September 4th, 2011, 09:55 PM

I usually make generalizations about the entirety of a school's fanbase based on one random anonymous internet poster too.

thewholebit
September 4th, 2011, 10:50 PM
That would be three in a Row down there!

As well you should; you have a better football program.

SpiderSafety75
September 4th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Well if you're going to let one idiot determine your feelings about a fan base....then you'd hate everyone.

JmuSkinsfan
September 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Well if you're going to let one idiot determine your feelings about a fan base....then you'd hate everyone.

If it was one instance ... but it isn't. There is a mutual hatred between JMU/UR fan bases and I think it's great for the game ... but at the same time I don't see JMU fans going and posting on your numerous "barney" threads on the UR message boards ...

either way, I was rooting for UR ... but your fans make it really hard ... and this guy was just the icing on the cake.

spdram
September 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hatred, that's a strong word. I'm not sure many would agree with the usage in this context. But, there are those in every crowd. For the most part you are right there is definately a dislike, rivalary, etc between the two fans bases. You give us grief and we give it right back. Almost every time I read the JMU boards there are anti-Richmond statements, threads etc on there. So we reciprocate on the Richmond boards, and yes, a few Richmond fans even enjoy going onto the JMU boards to see what they can stir up. I don't see the point in it, it's to easy. BTW there are a few JMU fans that enjoy coming to the Richmond boards to see what they can stir up. VCU does the same thing, but there are actually a few VCU fans that show knowledge and even respect at times, those fans are welcomed on the Richmond boards and shown the respect they deserve.