PDA

View Full Version : Sac / Oregon State

catbob
September 3rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Sac up 14-3 at half. xrotatehx

Green Cookie Monster
September 3rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
two sacks, a pick and leading in yardage. too bad we can't end the game right now.

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm watching this right now, hope Sac pulls it out!!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Keep it up Sac St :)

seattlespider
September 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Is it online/TV somewhere?

rocketmustang
September 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Last second field goal missed by Oregon state, headed to overtime tied at 21

rocketmustang
September 3rd, 2011, 06:27 PM
SAC STATE WINS!!! 29-28 on a 2 pt conversion

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mondo props to Sac State for holding strong after a bit of a fourth quarter collapse - a great win in a hostile (and FBS) environment!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
SAC STATE WINS!!! 29-28 on a 2 pt conversion
Awesome. Listening and glad to see that Sac is proving me right in saying for the past few years that they are really coming along while having to argue with those around the country that think that Sac St. is still the team from 5-10 yrs. ago.

Great job Sac and congrats to the coaches & players!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Congrats Sac St :)

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2011, 06:38 PM
ESPN commenting on the Hornets' win just now:

It's OK for the Beavers, though - they get Wisconsin next week.

49RFootballNow
Someone has to represent FCS this week and Sac St has done so. Congrats Hornets!

superman7515
Congrats to Sac State.

Green Cookie Monster
September 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
I am about ten years older right now!

BlueHenSinfonian
September 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
If I had to pick FCS team to beat a FBS this season it never would have been Sac State. Congrats on a great upset that I have a feeling very few saw coming.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Congrats to the Hornets for an awesome win. You have to love it when FCS teams go for the juggler in these games.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Congrats to the Hornets for an awesome win. You have to love it when FCS teams go for the juggler in these games.

http://cuttingedgestiltwalkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/tim-juggler2-copy.jpg

What did he ever do?

I Bleed Purple
September 3rd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Damn. Can't call 'em Suck State anymore. At least for this year.

dgtw
September 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
Great job!!! I was in Oxford so I know how exciting that can be. Congratulations.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
http://cuttingedgestiltwalkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/tim-juggler2-copy.jpg

What did he ever do?

I believe he wasted a mime.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t4E7l5_M-Sk/TkDCcNm4YRI/AAAAAAAAR9s/nTeaZ6M4-qo/s1600/Mime-Makeup-image.jpg

Uncle Buck
September 3rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Nice W for Sac State, congrats!

SonuvaHenx2
September 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Congrats! Great way to open your season, keep it up!

blackfordpu
September 3rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
Way to go Sac State.

If/when anyone finds the highlights of the game please post the link. Neither of the two half-time shows this evening showed any.

JSUBison
September 3rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
And with that win, the Big Sky could have quite the battle for the conference championship.

Squealofthepig
September 3rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
And with that win, the Big Sky could have quite the battle for the conference championship.

That's very true - the Hornets have quietly built a pretty damned competitive program, and this doesn't surprise any Big Sky team, I assure you. The Griz especially have had mondo problems with Sac State and, while some may have seen this as the Griz's demise, I think many have seen this as the slow emergence of a Big Sky contender. I'm personally pleased with this, as I'd rather be a competitor from a great conference, vs. the sole flag bearer from a mediocre conference. While the weeks to come will play out the whole conference thing, this weekend should have a specific significance to Sac State, as this win is just one that any FCS program would be happy to have in its resume.

Edit: I don't want to say that the Griz are the sole flag bearers - EWU and MSU especially have been pretty outstanding of late, of course. I'm just pleased to see such a deep conference in general.

ThreadStopper
September 3rd, 2011, 11:26 PM
Looking forward to next year when Cal Poly joins the Big Sky Confernece

TheValleyRaider
September 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
Way to go Hornets xsmileyclapx

Hammerhead
September 4th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Highlight video is at http://www.katu.com/sports/beavers/129198468.html.

Way to go Sac State.

If/when anyone finds the highlights of the game please post the link. Neither of the two half-time shows this evening showed any.

Keeper
September 4th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Gotta like the decision to go for 2 right away, regardless of the pushoff.

Twentysix
September 4th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Best win of the week! Congrats!

ngineer
September 4th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Way to go Sac State! I missed your score in the list. Originally had Richmond as my 'win of the week' but this tops that!

SpeedkingATL
September 4th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Great win for Sac State. One thing that pisses me off is that I realize I'm on the east coast but I watched football all day and night and there was barely a mention of this upset. When a BCS conference team loses to an FCS there should be more coverage. At least the Richmond win over Duke was mentioned a couple of times.

BlueGoldAg
September 4th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Gutsy, gritty performance by the Hornets and a huge win for their program and their coach, Marshall Sperbeck, who has done a remarkable job of turning the Hornets program around.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Great win for Sac State. One thing that pisses me off is that I realize I'm on the east coast but I watched football all day and night and there was barely a mention of this upset. When a BCS conference team loses to an FCS there should be more coverage. At least the Richmond win over Duke was mentioned a couple of times.

Must be a tale of two coasts. Out here the Richmond win barely got a sniff. ESPN's Lead ticker mentioned both, tho.

JALMOND
September 4th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Awesome. Listening and glad to see that Sac is proving me right in saying for the past few years that they are really coming along while having to argue with those around the country that think that Sac St. is still the team from 5-10 yrs. ago.

Great job Sac and congrats to the coaches & players!

In years past, you contain the Hornets running game (Hilliard and company) and you will win. OSU did that and still lost. If the Hornets found a passing game, they will be dangerous this year.

darell1976
September 4th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Congrats to our future conference mate!! Nice to see another FCS team taking down the big bad FBS teams.

bojeta
September 5th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Now I'm not saying this makes me the guru of the board by any means and there's a lot of season left, but since I caught some flak for this earlier, I thought I'd bring it back for another look (of course I had some too high as well) :)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84252-Preseason-FCS-Top-10&highlight=bojeta

And here's a little of that flak...... along with my response...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84252-Preseason-FCS-Top-10/page10&highlight=bojeta