PDA

View Full Version : MONMOUTH WILL BEAT LEHIGH!!!

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
The biggest upset of the FCS 1st week games will be Monmouth beating # 13 ranked Lehigh. MU is going to shock a lot of folks this yr and they are ready for Lehigh who is no doubt looking past MU. Heard it here 1st..

RichH2
September 2nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Opening game unlikely LU looking past you. We have our own issues with new bodies but I doubt that is enuf for you guys to win. Anticipate a closer game then last 2 but not a loss. MU has some very good players but as far as I can see very little depth of quality.

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
Good point about opening game so not looking past, but I think lehigh truly thinks they are on a different level. Spadola is on facebook talking a bit of trash which is all good man, I actually like it, but beleive me when I tell you this, MU has some guys on D that can bring it. They have a legit cover corner and Gumbs is the hardest hitter and best safety in the league. IMO< the best polayer on the field tomorrow. They ahve some studs at D line and from what I am told Lehigh weakness will be their I line.. I am a homer, but I am usually honest about them and I truly feel this is a team that can so damage. There are a alot of "athletes" on this team.. We shall see., I have nothing but respect for Lehigh so I am only having fun here, but I really feel like we are gonna win this game and I DID see Lehigh play 2 x last yr... We shall see. Best to you..

RichH2
September 2nd, 2011, 03:57 PM
No problem, Ol is our issue in your favor. Gumbs is very good but he can only cover 1 wr , the rest of your 2ndary is average. OUr Ol may have issues yours is a major problem as our strength on D is front 7 which gets lots of sacks and pressures against good OLs. Frazier will have to run well for MU O to work

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2011, 04:30 PM
Opening game unlikely LU looking past you. We have our own issues with new bodies but I doubt that is enuf for you guys to win. Anticipate a closer game then last 2 but not a loss. MU has some very good players but as far as I can see very little depth of quality.

Yeah, but the same things were said said prior to the 2006 game vs. Albany and the 2009 vs. CCSU and we know how those both ended for Lehigh (2 losses).

- Andy Coen is 0-2 vs NEC teams.

- In Coen's 5 seasons, Lehigh is just 2-3 is their opening game of the season (both wins were vs. non-scholly Drake).

- Monmouth opened last season with a 1-pt loss at Colgate.

Patriot League's pre-sesaon favorite #13 Lehigh vs. NEC's pre-season 6th pick Monmouth

For the sake of all PL fans, Lehigh better win or the strenght of the entire league will be further questioned. If a NEC team with such lowly pre-season expecations beats the #13 team in the country, then the pollster everywhere will have a field day.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
I was at both games , one a quagmire but both we did indeed look past NEC teams. Shocked the ***** out of us. Dont think we will do that agaain under Andy

Dane96
September 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I dont expect a Monmouth win. I'd be shocked.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM
Believe me so would wexeekx

MUHAWKS
September 2nd, 2011, 06:29 PM
Perfect, so the sentiment here is what I thought..MU with no shot...LOVE IT!! Anyway, Gumbs is a safety not a CB but he can cover anyway, but just saying.. MU WR corps will shock everyone as will their D Line.. Its gonna come down to the 4th Q...Unless Lehigh truly has 1 or 2 guys who MU cant match up with (doubt it) no way Lehigh can put them away, I am telling you all, MU D is solid and Gymbs and Phillips and The other CB are STRONG, nullyfyiing Lehigh strong passing game.. Upfront MU has a big advantage against lehigh O line. No sense talking , I am not even trying to be a clown, we will see soon enough.. Just wishing good health and safe travels for all fans, players, families involved as always..Looking forward to a HUGE turnput as I know Lehigh travels strong..

andy7171
September 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM
F Lee-high!

Go Mon-mouth!!!!

NFLCB2
September 2nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
We"ll ride thhhhe blue wave cresssst... Go hawks Go!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but the same things were said said prior to the 2006 game vs. Albany and the 2009 vs. CCSU and we know how those both ended for Lehigh (2 losses).

- Andy Coen is 0-2 vs NEC teams.

- In Coen's 5 seasons, Lehigh is just 2-3 is their opening game of the season (both wins were vs. non-scholly Drake).

- Monmouth opened last season with a 1-pt loss at Colgate.

Patriot League's pre-sesaon favorite #13 Lehigh vs. NEC's pre-season 6th pick Monmouth

For the sake of all PL fans, Lehigh better win or the strenght of the entire league will be further questioned. If a NEC team with such lowly pre-season expecations beats the #13 team in the country, then the pollster everywhere will have a field day.

You have to realize that Lehigh was 4-7 in '09 when CCSU got them and 6-5 in '06 when Albany won. UA also went into Delaware and beat the Hens that year i believe. This years Lehigh team is suppose to be much better than both of those Hawk squads.

DFW HOYA
September 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Monmouth could do it, but a lot of things would have to break down for Lehigh offensively. The Engineers are a stronger team on offense and that should allow them to prevail by 10-14 points.

JMG1MON
September 2nd, 2011, 08:48 PM
Okay folks, I'm going to actually try and post on these forums this season. I'll be pleasantly surprised if MU wins tomorrow. I've been to both Lehigh games and I'll be there tomorrow as well. We have not fared well versus them in the past, giving up 55 a game. However, in 2005, the game was real close at the half.

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
You have to realize that Lehigh was 4-7 in '09 when CCSU got them and 6-5 in '06 when Albany won. UA also went into Delaware and beat the Hens that year i believe. This years Lehigh team is suppose to be much better than both of those Hawk squads.

I'm talking about preseason expecations. Lehigh had high expectations heading into those seasons before they were exposed by 2 very good NEC teams. LU was picked 3rd in the PL both years and had 0-0 record going into both games vs the NEC. Only in hindsight do some Lehigh fans accept that Albany and CCSU were the "better" team from the start.

In 2006 ... Lehigh was picked to finish 3rd in the PL and received 3 first place votes. Albany (tied with CCSU) was picked to win the NEC.

In 2009 ... Lehigh was picked to finish 3rd (tied with Lafayette) in the PL. CCSU was picked to finish 3rd in the NEC.

In 2011 ... Lehigh was picked to win the PL and is ranked #11 nationally. Monmouth finished 6th in the NEC coaches poll.

The preseason expectations are clear - Lehigh should win comfortably. I expect Lehigh to win. However, if Monmouth does win ...

ngineer
September 2nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I was at both games , one a quagmire but both we did indeed look past NEC teams. Shocked the ***** out of us. Dont think we will do that agaain under Andy

That was the same Albany team that beat Delaware two weeks later.

RichH2
September 3rd, 2011, 10:31 AM
That was the same Albany team that beat Delaware two weeks later.

Yup, not saying they weren't good just that we, at least this fan, was surprised we didn't win.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 4th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Bump for MUHawks, not for smack purposes just to get some feed back.

MUHAWKS
September 4th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Hello no I am not gonna run away here. I would have posted when I got back home last night from the game but I put on the delayed ND game and the next thing I knew it was 2am (lots of beers and sun = passed out)... Anyway, clearly I was wrong here..Lehigh is s very solid football team who I will no doubt root for the rest of the way. I had some pleasant chats with their fans and enjoyed watching several great players on their team, namely the 2 wr's!! They beat us all day long, and between them and the very able QB, it was just too much. I don't really think Lehigh outmuscled us or were tremendously more athletic, but simply just had more finesse and were much better team. With Mckenna being out and some new O lineman I am surprised our D did not get more pressure. I look forward to seeing the rest of the year play out b/c as bad as Monmouth played (I think we played ad and I also think Lehigh is not as close t their best either) I still think MU can make some noise in the NEC. Maybe Lehigh goes on to a undefeated or 1 loss season? Who knows. I am not giving up I truly feel MU is young and will get betetr each game. Every starting linebacker sans 1 was starting their 1st game. Both CB's were starting their 1st game. New RB, all new WR's sans 1 and a couple new O lineman. Excuse? Hell no, I meant what I said and I was proven vastly wrong. It is what it is and I congratulate a very good Lehigh team and look forward to seeing them beat New Hampshire!

RichH2
September 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Hello no I am not gonna run away here. I would have posted when I got back home last night from the game but I put on the delayed ND game and the next thing I knew it was 2am (lots of beers and sun = passed out)... Anyway, clearly I was wrong here..Lehigh is s very solid football team who I will no doubt root for the rest of the way. I had some pleasant chats with their fans and enjoyed watching several great players on their team, namely the 2 wr's!! They beat us all day long, and between them and the very able QB, it was just too much. I don't really think Lehigh outmuscled us or were tremendously more athletic, but simply just had more finesse and were much better team. With Mckenna being out and some new O lineman I am surprised our D did not get more pressure. I look forward to seeing the rest of the year play out b/c as bad as Monmouth played (I think we played ad and I also think Lehigh is not as close t their best either) I still think MU can make some noise in the NEC. Maybe Lehigh goes on to a undefeated or 1 loss season? Who knows. I am not giving up I truly feel MU is young and will get betetr each game. Every starting linebacker sans 1 was starting their 1st game. Both CB's were starting their 1st game. New RB, all new WR's sans 1 and a couple new O lineman. Excuse? Hell no, I meant what I said and I was proven vastly wrong. It is what it is and I congratulate a very good Lehigh team and look forward to seeing them beat New Hampshire!

Classy post MUHawk, good luck rest of the season. Likewise I will be rooting for MU the rest of the way.

ngineer
September 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Depth seems to be a big problem with MU. You have some fine athletes, but it seemed that your Hawks wore down on a hot day. Lots of guys cramping or fatigued. Your offense will score points this year, but the defense will need some shoring up. Of course, even through brown tinted glasses, this Lehigh offense could be the most potent in 10 years, so a rough baptism. Good luck at Villanova.