PDA

View Full Version : Cal Poly extends Ellerson's contract through 2013 season.

slostang
April 5th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Cal Poly Head Coach Rich Ellerson signs a new contract that runs through the 2013 season. Ellerson received a $20,000 a year raise and now makes $131,844 a year.

Ellerson is entering his sixth year at Cal Poly. He has guided Cal Poly to back to back nine win seasons, two straight GWFC championships, Poly's first ever I-AA playoff apperance and first playoff win.

Hansel
April 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
nice move by Poly, that Salary puts him close to the other "well paid" western IAA coachs at Mont, Mont St, and NDSU

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2006, 11:44 PM
TXST just signed Coach Bailiff to a new contract that puts him over the 260K mark in his fifth year. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

slostang
April 5th, 2006, 11:59 PM
TXST just signed Coach Bailiff to a new contract that puts him over the 260K mark after five years. :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:
The way I read the article on Coach Bailiff contract, it stated that he would be paid a base of $130,000 with an additional $30,000 in outside money. If he stays another nine months, he will start to collect on an annuity that "could be" worth up to $100,000 total, not per year. That means the longer he stays, the more the school puts in the annuity. It probably reaches the $100,000 mark after five years. If I read it wrong and he will make $260,000 per year, he is still worth every penny.

darussian12
April 6th, 2006, 12:47 AM
yeah its not 260K...unless those "other incentives" add up close to 70 grand..which i doubt with how cheap our school is...congrats to cal poly on getting the coach signed for a while

Stang Fever
April 6th, 2006, 03:21 AM
from talking to coach E he was trying to be under contract until his littlest is in college...,so i knew this was something he was working on..glad we got him till then...lets see what happens between now and then...lets hope we get something done like a NC by then...would be amazing

DaGriz
April 6th, 2006, 09:03 AM
nice move by Poly, that Salary puts him close to the other "well paid" western IAA coachs at Mont, Mont St, and NDSU

Except the cost of living is a little different in SLO then MT. At least he got a long contract. Montana coaches only get one year contracts for all coaches all sports.

catbob
April 6th, 2006, 02:55 PM
I'm still surprised with how much Montana makes in revenue that schools with less than half the revenue UM makes pay their coaches more.

How much does UM pay Hauck?

I think Kramer makes around 120-140, but that includes all the extra incentives he works to get. I think his base is 110 or so.

Hansel
April 6th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'm still surprised with how much Montana makes in revenue that schools with less than half the revenue UM makes pay their coaches more.

How much does UM pay Hauck?

I think Kramer makes around 120-140, but that includes all the extra incentives he works to get. I think his base is 110 or so.
State Money

Hauck and Kramer both make about 135 as listed in the GF Trib last fall

TXST_CAT
April 6th, 2006, 10:56 PM
The way I read the article on Coach Bailiff contract, it stated that he would be paid a base of $130,000 with an additional $30,000 in outside money. If he stays another nine months, he will start to collect on an annuity that "could be" worth up to $100,000 total, not per year. That means the longer he stays, the more the school puts in the annuity. It probably reaches the $100,000 mark after five years. If I read it wrong and he will make $260,000 per year, he is still worth every penny.
He will recieve 160k for the first four years and in his fifth year he will recieve his normal 160K plus the 100K annuity which would put him at 260K AFTER five years. that makes his contract a worth ~900K cumulative in five years. A 100K annuity will pay out 100K.

slostang
April 6th, 2006, 11:58 PM
He will recieve 160k for the first four years and in his fifth year he will recieve his normal 160K plus the 100K annuity which would put him at 260K AFTER five years. that makes his contract a worth ~900K cumulative in five years. A 100K annuity will pay out 100K.
His salary would average $180,000 a year, if he stays five years, which is very impressive in I-AA. Do you think he will average $260,000 a year or more on his next contract at Texas State? Either way, he is one of the better I-AA coaches and he is worth it.