PDA

View Full Version : Asheville Citizen-Times: Montana over Tennessee by 1

Appaholic
September 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM
Local sportswriter, Keith Jarrett, picks the Griz as his upset special of the week! Welcome to town Griz Fans!

http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110901/SPORTS/309010034/Jarrett-s-picks-College-football-kicks-off-some-blowouts?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

appfan2008
September 1st, 2011, 12:50 PM
thats pretty cool... he sure is going out on a limb... but if he is right he sure will look good...

Grizzaholic
September 1st, 2011, 01:13 PM
What a doof.

Side Judge
September 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
He does realize that it's Montana coming to town, not Montana State?

Grizzaholic
September 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM
He does realize that it's Montana coming to town, not NDSU?

FIFY

dgtw
September 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Anyone erlse scroll down and see the link to the article about the topless women?

The Cats
September 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Local sportswriter, Keith Jarrett

Your hero, right?

OL FU
September 1st, 2011, 04:52 PM
Anyone erlse scroll down and see the link to the article about the topless women?

My kind of town, Asheville is

wheeman04
September 1st, 2011, 05:33 PM
keith jarret is an idiot.

and all the topless women are armpit bush hippies

Mr. C
September 1st, 2011, 07:56 PM
Keith Jarrett is one of the top writers in North Carolina (let's be serious here) and is very well-respected by his peers.

Considering I'll be at the game, I hope Jarrett is right and that the Griz thump the Vols, by one point or 20.

dgtw
September 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM
keith jarret is an idiot.

and all the topless women are armpit bush hippies

From what I've heard, nudists are usually the type people you do not want to see naked.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Keith Jarrett is one of the top writers in North Carolina (let's be serious here) and is very well-respected by his peers.

Considering I'll be at the game, I hope Jarrett is right and that the Griz thump the Vols, by one point or 20.

Hope ya have a good time and get to meet some of the Montana fans down there. Got a report from the Detroit airport from a friend yesterday that said there is UM Griz and Boise gear walking all over the airport and having some beers together.

Most of all I hope you get to enjoy a Griz victory as unlikely as it may be. Look forward to the article.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 2nd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Two comments:

- No disrespect to Mr. Jarrett, Montana is not Jacksonville State and Tennessee is not Ole Miss
- If I was on whatever Mr. Jarrett long enough, I would believe Appalachian State would beat Virginia Tech.

Skjellyfetti
September 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Tennessee is not Ole Miss

Seriously. Tennessee beat Ole Miss 52-14 last year. xlolx

chattownmocs
September 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
There will be a new record for most times rocky top has been played in a single game.

apaladin
September 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
My kind of town, Asheville is

You do know Asheville is the gay and lesbian capitol of the U.S.? Not saying there is anything wrong with that, LOL!!

chattanoogamocs
September 3rd, 2011, 07:03 PM
Just wanted to say....GO GRIZ!

(I can't stand the "big awringe" and my aunt and uncle are proud Montana season ticket holders)

Appaholic
September 4th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Your hero, right?

Don't hate Jarrett for telling the truth about the sorry state of WCU football. A "friend" isn't afraid to tell the truth and a fan doesn't care to know the truth. Jarrett, like other people in this area (myself included) would like nothing more than for the WCU football program be resurrected. But, the WCU administration and coaching staff seem more concerned with building a more fashionable football uniform than building a strong, winning football program. Jarrett's not afraid to tell the emporer he wears no clothes...or in the case of WCU, has more uniform ensemble updates than wins since Wagner has arrived on the scene....same as Briggs before him...

Smitty
September 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
You do know Asheville is the gay and lesbian capitol of the U.S.? Not saying there is anything wrong with that, LOL!!

Actually that is San Fransisco in California. Asheville is ranked 3rd...

Smitty
September 4th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Don't hate Jarrett for telling the truth about the sorry state of WCU football. A "friend" isn't afraid to tell the truth and a fan doesn't care to know the truth. Jarrett, like other people in this area (myself included) would like nothing more than for the WCU football program be resurrected. But, the WCU administration and coaching staff seem more concerned with building a more fashionable football uniform than building a strong, winning football program. Jarrett's not afraid to tell the emporer he wears no clothes...or in the case of WCU, has more uniform ensemble updates than wins since Wagner has arrived on the scene....same as Briggs before him...

WCU has only changed their uniforms 3 times in the past 8 years. While that is a lot, Russell decided to do a new look this year and the catamounts benefited from it. Besides when you have a losing program it is nice to see some change happening even if it is looks.

As for the Wagner comments, it takes a while to build a team even longer if previous staff have left it crippled. When Wagner came in it was in academic probation and was in bad shape. I'm not defending the fact that he has only won 7 games in the past 3 years because that is terrible, but I'm not going to fire him until he shows he is incapable of turning around the team until the end of his first contract. If there is not an improvement by then I believe it is time to look at some changes.

GunsAndGuitars
September 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I'm not going to fire him until he shows he is incapable of turning around the team until the end of his first contract. If there is not an improvement by then I believe it is time to look at some changes.

With GSU back in the hunt, Wofford back up some, Chattanooga back on the map, Elon questionable and Furman in the same boat, App State still armed and loaded (with questions now in my mind), the prospects of wins are at what? He either better get it in gear or he'll have to be fashionable somewhere else.