PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State/Delta State Game Thread

jhanel
August 31st, 2011, 04:36 AM
This game should really show if Northwestern State Football is moving in the right direction. LET'S GO!!!

http://vimeo.com/27989529

jhanel
August 31st, 2011, 07:49 AM
9/1/2011 Delta State Opening Game & College Colors Weekend Natchitoches 6:00 p.m. Details
vs. Delta State
Opening Game & College Colors Weekend
9/1/2011
6:00 p.m.
Natchitoches

Game Coverage

Radio: Demon Sports Network
Listen
Live Stats

SpartanLegion
August 31st, 2011, 10:13 AM
This is going to be a good game. Delta State worked their kinks out against Elizabeth City State last week. I hope Northwestern is ready!

WileECoyote06
August 31st, 2011, 10:48 AM
Delta State keeps some big boys on the D-Line. Good luck.

ECSU had problems when their running back was injured.

crossfire07
September 1st, 2011, 08:04 PM
17-0 Delta State in the 3rd. Wow

BlueHenSinfonian
September 1st, 2011, 08:07 PM
The Fighting Okra are embarrassing the Demons. Between this game, UNH, and 'Nova, this is an ugly night for FCS football.

LIONFAN07
September 1st, 2011, 09:04 PM
Wow!!!! 7 point game right now. Delta about to get it back. Can't get the NWST radio on internet so listening to Delta broadcast. Sounds like the Demon offense is really struggling. The Demon defense seems to be playing alot better in the second half. Sounds like they pulled Harris but I'm not sure.xconfusedxxconfusedx

TexasTerror
September 1st, 2011, 09:08 PM
Figured this game would be tight, did not expect Delta State to jump out early...

Please continue providing updates when you have them...

BlueHenSinfonian
September 1st, 2011, 09:10 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon on this one. From the box score apparently NW State decided to start playing football after halftime.

LIONFAN07
September 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM
25 secs left Delta has it NWST 30 yard line

LIONFAN07
September 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Touchdown Delta State. extra point ties it. WOW

LIONFAN07
September 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM
Delta goes for two doesn't get it. NWST wins 24 23. Delta radio guys says bad no call they say PI wasn't called. Who knows? Doesn't get any easier for the Demons. It is off to Death Valley next week.

TexasTerror
September 1st, 2011, 09:38 PM
It would not be the first year that officials helped the Demons get a victory over a Div II team, if accurate. Heard some similar remarks last year on both sides of the argument regarding a 17-14 win by the Demons over Tarleton State...

While the Demons obviously sneaked past the Statesmen by the skin of their teeth, at the end of the day - it is a win.

And as I said before, the DSU squad is comparable to a low-to-mid level SLC team most years. This was a good test for the Demons, but I still don't understand why when they 'buy' a game, that they get some of the tougher teams in the Div II 'region'. They would almost be better off scheduling a lesser FCS opponent from a subpar league. ;)

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Just saw the replay of the game as I was in Shreveport watching Byrd upset West Monroe (Forgot out game was a Thursday game)....

As for the no-call at the end....All I can do is xwhistlex on that one...That was a blatant Hold on the WR that went uncalled....

Obviously we got some work to do before even attempting to think about winning the Southland....The Penalty bug is still there among other things...

Win's a win though :D

Frosty The Snowbuff
September 3rd, 2011, 08:59 AM
Also....I'm not exactly sure how it went down....But apparently Harris has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

According to the Alexandria Town Talk & Shreveport Times, He was seen walking the bleachers in street clothes in the 2nd half. Apparently, there was beef over JUCO Transfer Henderson getting more reps.

So at this moment is looks like Henderson is the man at QB for us against LSU....