PDA

View Full Version : CCU, GaSU, ISU in running for Auburn DL

Coastal89
April 4th, 2006, 10:04 AM
By Phil Kornblut
Former Auburn DL Neil Brown (6-2 270) said Monday night he will make an official visit to UTEP this Thursday. UTEP is the only major school to offer Brown thus far. He also has offers from North Dakota State and Valdosta State. Brown has been in touch with USC. He said he talked with Gamecock defensive line coach Brad Lawing last week and is waiting to hear back. He's also heard from Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina and Indiana State.

He said last week that if Spurrier calls he'll go to S. Carolina.

Kill'em
April 4th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Probably because of Spurrier's defensive genious.:D

X-Factor
April 4th, 2006, 03:17 PM
I suppose he would have to sit out a year?

FargoBison
April 4th, 2006, 03:22 PM
I suppose he would have to sit out a year?

Yes, at UTEP and South Carolina he would have to sit out for a year. I wonder what school is next on his list after South Carolina? NDSU could use some more depth on the D-line and he would have a chance to start right away.

Coastal89
April 4th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yes, at UTEP and South Carolina he would have to sit out for a year. I wonder what school is next on his list after South Carolina? NDSU could use some more depth on the D-line and he would have a chance to start right away.
Found this quote from him
"I've been talking to a lot of different schools. If I decide to stick with the D-1 level, it looks like it's going to be South Carolina or UTEP. If I decide I don't want to sit out, it could be Coastal Carolina, North Dakota State or Georgia Southern.

Kill'em
April 4th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Pardon my I-AA bias, but it looks like he would be better off to go I-AA. He would be eligible immediately and CCU, NDSU, and Georgia Southern are great choices.