Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

First one!

bjtheflamesfan
August 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
hey I'll jump in if a few of you NEC fans want to jump in on the Big South Pick Em:

Match Up
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
CCSU vs. Southern Connecticut
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

crusader11
August 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

andy7171
August 29th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

401ks
August 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

PAllen
August 29th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

Seahawks Fan
August 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

aceinthehole
August 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Albany @ Colgate -
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

jayhawkdaddy
August 29th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Colgate
Maine
CCSU
Bucknell
Lehigh
Robert Morris
Sacred heart
Wagner

Brad82
August 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
albany
Maine
CCSU
Bucknell
Lehigh
Sacred heart
Wagner

Brad82
August 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM
forgot
Robert Morris

Southsider
August 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Gate
Bears
CCSU
Bison- Coach knows how to coach!!
Engineer's
SH - no, not thst SH
Wags

danefan
August 29th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Albany @ Colgate - you can't beat Albany this year unless you can throw. Eachus hasn't shown any ability to throw. ;-) And I'm not sure there is anyone else on the roster that can either.

Bryant @ Maine - out on a limb, but Bryant is solid this year. Maine always starts slow (see e.g., Albany and St. Cloud)

CCSU vs. Southern Connecticut - Closer than it should be - rivalry game.

Duquesne @ Bucknell - a blowout

Monmouth vs. Lehigh - Lehigh by 2 scores

RMU vs. Dayton - RMU will be down this year. Dayton will win the PFL. Dayton in a close one.

Sacred Heart vs. Marist - SH without Fink is bad.

SFPA @ Wagner - SFPA always plays tough in the beginning. Wagner hasn't seen SFPA before the eventual Week 2 demoralization of the Red Flash.

blackbeard
August 29th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Colgate
Maine
CCSU
Duquesne
Lehigh
RMU
Sacred Heart
Wagner

hidalgo
August 29th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Colgate
Maine
CCSU
Duquesne
Lehigh
Dayton
Sacred Heart
Wagner

Dane96
August 30th, 2011, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=danefan;1662547]Albany @ Colgate - you can't beat Albany this year unless you can throw. Eachus hasn't shown any ability to throw. ;-) And I'm not sure there is anyone else on the roster that can either. QUOTE]

I feel like I am at a Passover Sedar, which yearly begs a question of its participants: "Why is this night (day) different than all others."

We haven't had a good pass defense in like, forever. :)

Original_RMC
August 30th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Gate
Bears
CCSU
Bison- Coach knows how to coach!!
Engineer's
SH - no, not thst SH
Wags

You need RMU vs Dayton

SF State Gaters
August 30th, 2011, 07:50 AM
is this going to get pinned?

danefan
August 30th, 2011, 08:40 AM
is this going to get pinned?

There's a new thread for each week.

M Ruler
August 30th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Albany
Maine
CCSU
Duquesne
Lehigh
Dayton
Marist
Wagner

downbythebeach
August 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Albany
Maine
CCSU
Duquesne
Lehigh
Dayton
Sacred Heart
SFPA

WWII
August 30th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

Original_RMC
September 1st, 2011, 08:42 AM
Albany @ Colgate
Patriot League Pre-Season Player of the Year Nate Eachus returns for his final season. The preseason first-team All-American and Walter Payton Award candidate ran for 1,871 yards and 22 touchdowns last season, and enters the 2011 campaign in range of the League's all-time rushing yardage and rushing touchdowns records. He will pace an offense that will need to replace first-team All-Patriot League quarterback Greg Sullivan but does have four starters back on the line.
Colgate has 7 starters back on D.

Colgate is going to challenge Lehigh for their conference title....but is Albany ready to reclaim the NEC? Albany has talent and will battle Colgate but I think in the 4th quarter the OL for Colgate slowly starts to take over and puts the game out of reach with a late TD from Eachus.

Colgate 31-21

Bryant @ Maine
I believe Bryant will be a team in the NEC that is going to knock off a few teams that had hopes of winning the conference. But I'm sticking to my Bryant formula for football.
Bryant + Away Game = L
Bryant + Home Game = W

Maine 24-21

I started reading up on Southern Conn and they return quite a bit of talent including QB Kevin Lynch. If this game was at Southern Conn then I might call for the upset but I think CCSU comes out ready to play. It will be a very emontional game as I'm sure CCSU will do something pre-game to honor #94 Rich Rosyter.

CCSU 34-17

Duquesne @ Bucknell
The Dukes are loaded offensively and will look to make a statement against Bucknell. Dukes break in a new O-Coordinator with Gary Dunn. So of course there could be some bumps along the road during the game. I think Bucknell being at home will play tough and keep it close.

Dukes 28-24

Monmouth vs. Lehigh
Lehigh is a pre-season top 15 team while Monmouth is attempting to rebound from an awful season.
Lehigh has beaten Monmouth by an average score of 55-18 in two previous meetings

Lehigh 42-20

RMU vs. Dayton
UD leads the series with RMU 11-2 and has won the last 8 meetings, that hurts to read that. Dayton is the only program that has dominated the Colonials for years. The Flyers are going to break 12 new faces on Saturday but there are 2 battles worth noting.
DE Devon Langhorst vs OL AJ Dalton
OL Dan Prindle vs. Nolan Nearhoof & Steve Mitchell

The Colonials will move the ball against the Flyers even with losing RB Russ. The Colonials have one of the best receiver groups in a long time. Sinclair has another year under his belt and the Colonials know that Dayton is always a tough game.

I don't see the Colonials rushing for a ton of yards but just enough to keep Dayton's D honest.
I see this as a close game but finally the Colonials end the 8 game losing streak.

RMU 35-27

Sacred Heart vs. Marist
'danefan' said it best "SH without Fink is bad"
Marist returns 8 starters on Offense so I'll take Marist

Marist 21-17

SFPA @ Wagner
Year 2 for Coach Villarnial. And looking at their depth chart...SWEET BEAVIS, their RG is listed at 400lbs!!!!
Wagner is healthly on Offense which will take some pressure off of Doscher. Wagner seems to have a good OL which will help D.Williams return to his old form.
I want to pick SFPA but until they show me that they are a different program, I'm going with the home team.

Wagner 24-20

danefan
September 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
I'm leaving my pick for Albany, but I'm not happy about it.

Despite showing some ridiculous potential and talent and leading Albany to 3 straight wins to close the season, Buddy Leathley will not start at QB for Albany. Instead, Dan DiLella will start. Di Lella started the first few games last year and at some points looked great and others looked downright terrible. He's a big 6'5" pocket passer and can't move anywhere near as well as Leathley.

I'm disappointed, but I hope I'm wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those who picked Albany changed their pick.

Dane96
September 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
I honestly thought about it. And I am not particularly impressed with some of the QB decisions Fordie has made of the years. However, I have to think he has wised-up and their is some serious reasoning for this decision.

My real issue with Dan D was his decision making capacity. He has a ridiculously strong arm...so that's not the issue. Ford keeps hyping up that we will try to score every series (yes, all teams have that goal...but his intimation is a high-octane offense) so I hope this mean that Dan has simply grown and has the arm strength to stretch the field moreso than Buddy.

M Ruler
September 1st, 2011, 12:40 PM
LOLOLOLOL when was the last time someone mentioned the Albany offense and high octane???? As long as I can remember Ford resembled Chuck Knox or better known as "Ground Chuck"!!!! It has always been 3 yards and a cloud of dust, BUT I DO HOPE YOU ARE CORRECT DANE96!!!!

Dane96
September 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
That's what they said....they want to score on every possession....and quick.

UAalum72
September 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
LOLOLOLOL when was the last time someone mentioned the Albany offense and high octane????
The D-II/Joe Savino era? Since those were the Frank Derrico years, maybe it depends on the OC.

NFLCB2
September 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Albany @ Colgate
Bryant @ Maine
Duquesne @ Bucknell
Monmouth vs. Lehigh
RMU vs. Dayton
Sacred Heart vs. Marist
SFPA @ Wagner

MUHAWKS
September 3rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Albany @ Colgate (Albany 20, Colgate 17)\

Bryant @ Maine (Maine 24, Bryant 23)

CCSU vs. Southern Connecticut (CCSU 31, SCSU 10)

Duquesne @ Bucknell (Duquesne 23, Bucknell 20)

Monmouth vs. Lehigh (MONMOUTH 24, Lehigh 20)

RMU vs. Dayton (RMU 23, Dayton 22)

Sacred Heart vs. Marist (Sacred Heart 24, Marist 17)

SFPA @ Wagner (Wagner 30, SFPA 20)