PDA

View Full Version : EWU @ UW Discussion & Game Thread (9/3 4pm PST)

Screamin_Eagle174
August 26th, 2011, 12:38 AM
http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/50546746221036962330.png
FCS #1 Eastern Washington Eagles @ University of Washington Huskies

TV: Televised regionally by Root Sports
Radio Feed: http://www.espnnorthwest.com/patchin-wingmen/

Defending FCS Champs who are loaded against a young but improving mid-tier Pac-12 team who is breaking in a new QB, and could be without the services of star RB Chris Polk (minor knee surgery). This will be the first time UW faces plays "down" to an FCS team, with USC and Notre Dame being only two remaining BCS squads to hold out I believe. The key matchups will be UW's DL with stud DT Ta'amu against EWU's talented and experienced OL, EWU's Tall, Talented and Deep WR Corps against UW's secondary, who will likely be out with starting DB Quentin Richardson who suffered a high ankle sprain in camp a week or so ago. The last matchup that will be entertaining to watch and important to the outcome is EWU's DL against UW's RBs. Even without Polk, UW is loaded at the postion, and the Eagles will be without graduated DT Tyler Jolley, and UW Transfer DT Andru Pulu (didn't finish his first year at UW, which means he must sit out a year). We do return Buchanan candidate DT Renard Williams and a heap of fast DEs, but they will need to get pressure on Keith Price.

I expect a close game for 3 quarters, with UW likely pulling away in the end due to depth. I would be happy with a 34-24 game, especially if EWU managed the upset. GO EAGS!!!

bonarae
August 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Alright, since I voted this in another thread a while back... let me have my opinion: both teams have a combined seven position player of the year candidates (are the injured players part of the seven candidates listed?) Should all play consistently, this ought to be close.

I'd say UW pulls it off in the end on last-second tactics. 28-24.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 27th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Alright, since I voted this in another thread a while back... let me have my opinion: both teams have a combined seven position player of the year candidates (are the injured players part of the seven candidates listed?) Should all play consistently, this ought to be close.

I'd say UW pulls it off in the end on last-second tactics. 28-24.

I'd be pretty happy with your prediction, and even more thrilled if we pulled off the upset. I fear the party that would ensue. Riots would gather in the streets of Seattle. The Space Needle would be burned to the ground. :D

Should be a good game.