PDA

View Full Version : New Transfer To SIU Salukis

underdawg
August 23rd, 2011, 06:50 PM
6'1" 215 RB Trevor Jacobs cousin of NY Giants Brandon Jacobs (former Saluki) transfers in today from Northern Illinois.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
This is rather odd timing for a transfer. Was he in camp with NIU and just decided to pack up his stuff and leave? Do you have a link to the story?

bjtheflamesfan
August 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
agreed...link?

underdawg
August 24th, 2011, 08:08 AM
There's probably no mystery on this. FBS transfers occur often at the end of summer.
There are no link articles on Jacob being at SIU but all you have to do is go to siusalukis.com, click on the football roster and there he is, listed, it's alphabetical--he just popped up on the roster in the last day or so and there are no siusalukis.com or other media articles yet.

From what I gather he was given a scholie by former NIU (Northern Illinois University) coach Jerry Kill but Kill moved off to Minnesota and so Jacobs transferred to SIU--he sat out last season as a red-shirt (had knee operation) and so is classified as a red-shirt frosh with 4 years eligibility.

He is from Louisiana originally (as is Brandon Jacobs) but moved to live with Brandon and played in NJ.

UNIFanSince1983
August 24th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I thought this was already a pretty deep position for the Salukis. Will he even get to see the field this year? It might be a shame he already used his redshirt.

Houndawg
August 24th, 2011, 01:30 PM
I thought this was already a pretty deep position for the Salukis. Will he even get to see the field this year? It might be a shame he already used his redshirt.

Can't be too deep at RB.

underdawg
August 24th, 2011, 04:58 PM
We're running the wishbone this year--just kidding, I think. He's got 4 years of eligibility so in two years when he's a Jr, Harris and Hampton will be gone--we'll need him.