PDA

View Full Version : Latrelle Scott OUT at Richmond

T-Dog
August 23rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Word is that he got a DUI (2nd in 5 years) and refused to blow so he's out.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=205246783

ur2k
August 23rd, 2011, 04:22 PM
F-bomb. Although the jury was still out on Latrell as a coach (bad pun), this is just a bad time for this to happen so close to the season.

http://www.richmondspiders.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=26800&ATCLID=205246783

Sounds like we will know more tonight.

http://thecollegianur.com/2011/08/23/latrell-scott-resigns-as-football-coach/20803/

By Andrew Prezioso
Collegian Staff

University of Richmond football coach Latrell Scott has resigned from his position Tuesday afternoon, leaving the Spiders without a permanent coach 10 days before the team’s season opener.

According to the police records found on Virginia Court Case Information website, Scott was arrested for DWI and refused to take a breathalyzer Monday night in Henrico County. According to the records, it is his second arrest for a DWI within the past 5 to 10 years.

Scott, 36, was entering his second season as head coach of the Spiders after leading them to a 6-5 record. When he was announced as head coach back in December 2009, he became the youngest coach in Division I at the age of 34.

Offensive coordinator Wayne Lineburgh has been named interim coach. Lineburgh served under Scott as offensive coordinator last year and also held that position for three years under previous coach Dave Clawson from 2004 until 2006.

This is a breaking news story and will be updated with more information and quotes as they become available.

JMUNJ08
August 23rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wow stunner...Talk about a dent and emotional changed just before the games are about to begin.

How much confidence is there in your interim coach?

ur2k
August 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
One of the things that I liked about Scott when he was hired (as a first time coach) was that his coordinators had experience. We'll rally around the new coach (Wayne Lineburg) and the rest of the staff. Coach Lineburg was the OC at Richmond under Clawson and then coached a few years at UVA and also coached at W&M - he's got a good resume.

Wildcat80
August 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
I'd still give you a good shot to beat Duke. Coordinators run the show.

WrenFGun
August 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Good luck to UR. That's a tough blow. What's Clawson doing right now?

citdog
August 23rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
As a young man I am related to has found out it is very easy to get a dui. Best wishes to the Coach and the Spiders.

DTSpider
August 23rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
No Excuses. Guys will have to show up and prove everyone wrong. This is the first challenge of the year, either the team will rally and be closer together or fall apart. I hope it is the former. Hard lesson for the guys to learn in life, but maybe it'll save some lives if everyone on the team realizes that there are no excuses and no slack given.

spdram
August 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think most expected Lineburg to be a HC somewhere in the near future, looks like he'll get his chance earlier than epected. Hope Latrell lands on his feet. This should be a real lesson in responsibility to our players.

WM2001
August 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Dumb, just dumb. UR students, alum, players and fans deserve better. Good luck to the Spiders.

Crosis
August 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Mr. Scott will be in my prayers tonight. With the help of God, I hope he can exorcise his demons and fully recover to coach once again.

DFW HOYA
August 23rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Mr. Scott will be in my prayers tonight. With the help of God, I hope he can exorcise his demons and fully recover to coach once again.

I think that's a worthwhile goal as an asst. but his days as a head coach may be over. Schools are very reluctant to hire second time offenders to run a program.

Go...gate
August 23rd, 2011, 10:25 PM
As a young man I am related to has found out it is very easy to get a dui. Best wishes to the Coach and the Spiders.

Agreed. Most states only 0.08 BAC now, which is pretty low.

MR. CHICKEN
August 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
16008....0.08...DAT LIKE 4 JELL-O SHOOTERS.......UH MUDSLIDE.....TWO GIN & TONIC TANQUERAYS......&........9...MICHELOBE ULTRAS.........xnodx......BRAWK!

SpiderSafety75
August 23rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
If you refuse to blow, that means you're a hell of a lot more lit up than a 0.08.

bluehenbillk
August 24th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I think that's a worthwhile goal as an asst. but his days as a head coach may be over. Schools are very reluctant to hire second time offenders to run a program.

Agreed I'd be shocked if he got a head gig again but he could be an assistant. A few years ago UD fired their DC for the same reason & he's got other jobs with fellow CAA schools.