PDA

View Full Version : SELA Showed More Than Sportmanship

McNeeserocket
March 30th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I want to officially thank the administration of SELA Universtiy for welcoming, housing, feeding and sharing facilities with the McNeese State football team for 25 Days last fall.

McNeese was closed for over a month last year when Hurricane Rita blew threw Southwest Louisiana and Southeast Texas. Most of the posters on this forum knew that McNeese had three games cancelled, quickly added a game on their scheduled open week and then played two "home" games at other Louisiana stadiums (including Northwestern State Univ.). What many of you may not have known or fully appreciated is that Southeastern State University allowed McNeese to use their campus with all the rights and privileges of their own students and did not charge McNeese a dime for any of it. McNeese players, coaches, and support staff were given a dorm to live in, facilities to practice on and in, and a pass to eat at the same cafeteria as SELA's own team, without any strings attached.

For that act of enormous kindness, McNeese State players, coaches, support staff, fans, and boosters and university administration will forever be grateful to SELA Univ. for giving so much to their fellow conference member at a time of great need and stress.

Lionsrking
March 30th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I want to officially thank the administration of SELA Universtiy for welcoming, housing, feeding and sharing facilities with the McNeese State football team for 25 Days last fall.

McNeese was closed for over a month last year when Hurricane Rita blew threw Southwest Louisiana and Southeast Texas. Most of the posters on this forum knew that McNeese had three games cancelled, quickly added a game on their scheduled open week and then played two "home" games at other Louisiana stadiums (including Northwestern State Univ.). What many of you may not have known or fully appreciated is that Southeastern State University allowed McNeese to use their campus with all the rights and privileges of their own students and did not charge McNeese a dime for any of it. McNeese players, coaches, and support staff were given a dorm to live in, facilities to practice on and in, and a pass to eat at the same cafeteria as SELA's own team, without any strings attached.

For that act of enormous kindness, McNeese State players, coaches, support staff, fans, and boosters and university administration will forever be grateful to SELA Univ. for giving so much to their fellow conference member at a time of great need and stress.

I think I can say on behalf of Southeastern fans everywhere, we appreciate the kind words. As others have said, we may be enemies on the field but we're brothers off it and I would like to think all of us would help one another out in a similar time of need. It was simply the right thing to do.

TexasTerror
March 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM
SELA fans are class acts...

Can't wait to meet you guys on November 11th. I'm presently planning to make the road trip up to Hammond from New Orleans. May even bring one of my co-workers, a SELA alum! :)

Great job SELA! The rest of the SLC knows all too well what good you did for McNeese and hopefully I-AA takes notes of your efforts off the field...

McNeese75
March 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM

:bow: :hurray: :beerchug:

GeauxLions94
March 30th, 2006, 09:54 PM

Thanks for the kudos Rocket and "NO" ... we (and Southeastern State for that matter) are not going to let you win next year at the Hole. :p You're gonna have to earn it

McNeese72
March 30th, 2006, 10:46 PM

It's official then, there was no charge?? I had heard a rumor that it was so.

If so, I want to add more thanks to the Southeastern La. community for their help It won't be forgotten.

I also heard that school just to the East of us didn't charge us for our use of their stadium for one of our "home" games. Is that true also?

Doc

exbearkat
March 30th, 2006, 11:38 PM

WOW, I am speechless. VERY impressive SELA. :hurray::hurray: :hurray: :bow: