PDA

View Full Version : Assistant Coach salaries

CSU BUCS
March 30th, 2006, 08:49 AM
It has been discussed about Head coaches salaries but what about assistant coaches salaries. What schools pay the most, pay the least? What does the assistants at your school make?

It is well known what the big boys at 1-A make I am just wondering the average for 1-AA.

nlwwln
March 31st, 2006, 09:41 PM
an assistant may make around 20 -30 a year

Cocky
March 31st, 2006, 10:27 PM
Not enough. It is a big topic at JSU right now. The foundation board meeting tonight has this topic on the agenda.

igo4uni
March 31st, 2006, 10:47 PM
an assistant may make around 20 -30 a year

Wow, that's it??????????

Are they required to work full time, or can they have other jobs??

I had no idea it was that low.

jmuroller
April 1st, 2006, 08:20 AM
The average at JMU I think is around 50k

DTSpider
April 1st, 2006, 09:55 AM

I'd imagine the VA A10 schools are all about the same as an average of 50k sounds about right. However for the lower assistants at UR the players probably are "paid" more (by virtue of the $42k scholarship).

TexasTerror
April 1st, 2006, 10:13 AM
An average of $50k? Wow, I'm surprised. I can't say about the current SHSU staff since what I know is based off of the last staff but I know at SHSU the top assistant (our offensive coordinator) may make between $40K and 50K then everyone else is making $20k-30k at the most...

slostang
April 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
I believe full time asst. at Cal Poly make 40 to 50k and the associate head coach and coordinators make more, but I am not sure how much. The cost of living on the coast of California is extremely high.

carney2
April 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM

But who's in that average? If it includes the head coach and the coordinators, it's a meaningless number in terms of the question that's been posed.

Perhaps a better way to ask this question is:

How much do the two coordinators get?

and

How much for each of the rest of the staff?

jmuroller
April 1st, 2006, 03:20 PM
But who's in that average? If it includes the head coach and the coordinators, it's a meaningless number in terms of the question that's been posed.

Perhaps a better way to ask this question is:

How much do the two coordinators get?

and

How much for each of the rest of the staff?

I know that when Newsome was leaving for VA Tech he was making 75k. Our coordinators both make 70k and the other assistants are anywhere from 35k to 60k. We have 8 full time assistants, which is the most in the A10 also.

Tribe4SF
April 1st, 2006, 05:04 PM
Average asst. at W&M is around 60K. Zbig Kepa (OC) probably pulls ours up some, since he's been there for over 20 years.

JaxStateManager
April 1st, 2006, 11:48 PM
I'm not 100% positive on this one, but I believe JSU coaches make between 45-60K.