PDA

View Full Version : CSN: College Sporting News Announces Partnership With Football Gameplan For FCS Video

CSN-info
August 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=585&cid=18
COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS

College Sporting News Announces Partnership With Football Gameplan For FCS Video

College Sporting News today announced that Football Gameplan, a provider of updated and in-depth football information and content, has been selected to provide video season previews, and weekly video features spanning CSN’s widely-read web sites. ...

Read More (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?532-College-Sporting-News-Announces-Partnership-With-Football-Gameplan-For-FCS-Video)

crossfire07
August 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
nm

FormerPokeCenter
August 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM
That sucks. I used to like reading CSN....

jhanel
August 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
xbangx

lionsrking2
August 17th, 2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=585&cid=18
COLLEGE SPORTING NEWS

College Sporting News Announces Partnership With Football Gameplan For FCS Video

College Sporting News today announced that Football Gameplan, a provider of updated and in-depth football information and content, has been selected to provide video season previews, and weekly video features spanning CSN’s widely-read web sites. ...

Read More (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?532-College-Sporting-News-Announces-Partnership-With-Football-Gameplan-For-FCS-Video)

No more reading College Sporting News...didn't realize they were that desperate for content.

FormerPokeCenter
August 17th, 2011, 09:17 PM
No more reading College Sporting News...didn't realize they were that desperate for content.

Something tells me the CSN folks didn't actually read the conference by conference commentary on that crap. Had they done so, they wouldn't be making this deal....

Holy self-inflicted mortal wound, Batman!

lionsrking2
August 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Something tells me the CSN folks didn't actually read the conference by conference commentary on that crap. Had they done so, they wouldn't be making this deal....

Amen brother!!

crossfire07
August 17th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I used to like reading them too but I have seen enough of his crap. I had rather NO FCS coverage than that kind of **** he puts out.

crossfire07
August 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM

Forget what the coach of the football team says about Cody starting and being the #1 guy. The self proclaimed ****ing expert says Riley is starting and thats THAT! I better go by Coach V's office tomorrow and tell him so he will know xsmiley_wix

catbob
August 18th, 2011, 01:39 PM
What's all the hostility for?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 18th, 2011, 01:55 PM
What's all the hostility for?

SLC guys have a real problem with the video he did and they have set up some sort of an "us against him" thing. The dude makes mistakes or does some picks that I may not agree with and even question his research on it but I sure can't bring myself to get as worked up over it as they are. It's funny to watch though after you stop shaking your head about it.

I do love their passion.xlolx

TheRevSFA
August 18th, 2011, 01:59 PM
**** this guy. There..I said it. **** him. He's God Awful. I could do what he did for free.

Hopefully CSN actually gets him to research some ****.

My apologies for all of the asterisks.

McNeese72
August 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
SLC guys have a real problem with the video he did and they have set up some sort of an "us against him" thing. The dude makes mistakes or does some picks that I may not agree with and even question his research on it but I sure can't bring myself to get as worked up over it as they are. It's funny to watch though after you stop shaking your head about it.

I think there is one other factor. That being he is from and is an ex-USL player. McNeese vs USL, at one time is like what Montana vs Montana St. still is.

For me, though, he did a piss poor job without doing enough research.

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
August 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Oh, C'mon Ursus. You know that shat's just putrid. It's horrible. Here's the thing. He's making a living at being the "Guru of the Gameplan" or some other such nonsense...

It would be one thing if he were knowledgeable. But check the threads on EVERY single confernce he posts on. It's amateurish pablum that misses the mark by a huge margin. Then the self-described "Guru" remark. Gimme a braeak...

That attitude is emblematic of the school he graduated from. USL, which now tries to market itself as The Univeristy of Louisiana, despite a state law that says they must use Louisiana AT LAFAYETTE, since ULM has rights to the name too...

These guys are the FBS equivalent of Georgia State Fans. The reaction would be the same if Panama or SaintDik tried to position themselves similarly.

With all due respect to Charles Barkely, that ****'s just TURRIBLE!

WTF was CSN thinking????

crossfire07
August 18th, 2011, 06:22 PM

Research? what ****ing research? I am not going to go back and watch that trash again but I don't remember him saying that one of the best FCS defensive lineman is in the Southland Conference. If he would have researched our conference, he would have known that. This guy is not able to do a story without bias so that throws any credibilty he could earn out the window.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 18th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Research? what ****ing research? I am not going to go back and watch that trash again but I don't remember him saying that one of the best FCS defensive lineman is in the Southland Conference. If he would have researched our conference, he would have known that. This guy is not able to do a story without bias so that throws any credibilty he could earn out the window.

See what I mean?xlolx

BTW, I remember a lot of arguments back in 2007 about "one of the best defensive linesman" being in the Southland and I just didn't see it. I argued with McNeese guys all year long that Kroy Beirman was a lot more of what a DE should be than that guy was. I was told left & right by McNeese guys that I would be proven wrong and that this guy was a lock for the Buchanon and Kroy could take a seat.

The dude was quick but was not the lightning in a bottle that I was led to believe and watching the dude get taken out of plays by RB's routinely I just didn't get what the big deal was and how he was such a game changer. I watched him play in a lot of games through Tarver and just didn't have my McNeesies on I guess cuz the McNeese guys idea of "one of the best" just didn't stack up.

Forgive me but I am just a little shy to accept your opinion on the matter at this point. Not saying it's wrong just saying I'll wait and see until he's playing more than just SLC and see how he does then.

You're awfully full of rage crossfire and I certainly hope this stuff doesn't cause you any health problems cuz it really shouldn't be this important of matter to you.xthumbsupx

crossfire07
August 19th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I never said McNeese had anything. I said "one of the best FCS defensive lineman is in the Southland Conference". The ones that make the lists are the ones speaking of his abilities. They put him on that pedastal.Not me. That p.o.s. video was about the Southland, not McNeese. He plays in the Southland. He copied and stole other things people were saying nationally about other players in the conference but he just happened to forget the one at the school he likes the least or maybe he just did not do the research to find out exactly who is playing in the Southland. I would have felt the same if this guy played for someone else and left him out. Like I said, it is about the Southland. ME full of rage? lol Not hardly. Opinionated? Definitely! My health is just fine but I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I never said McNeese had anything. I said "one of the best FCS defensive lineman is in the Southland Conference". The ones that make the lists are the ones speaking of his abilities. They put him on that pedastal.Not me. That p.o.s. video was about the Southland, not McNeese. He plays in the Southland. He copied and stole other things people were saying nationally about other players in the conference but he just happened to forget the one at the school he likes the least or maybe he just did not do the research to find out exactly who is playing in the Southland. I would have felt the same if this guy played for someone else and left him out. Like I said, it is about the Southland. ME full of rage? lol Not hardly. Opinionated? Definitely! My health is just fine but I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

I didn't mention that the guy you are referring to was from McNeese either. I mistook opinionated for rage then but it came off a little ragey.:D

Very good to hear that my concerns are also ill conceived with the matters of health.xthumbsupx

FormerPokeCenter
August 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM
I don't have to be in a rage to voice the opinion that the videos suck and that CSN has lost its collective mind partnering up with those dilettantes...but....I'll admit that the opinion might be more entertaining if I was in a rage ;)

jhanel
August 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Regardless, he is doing something that we all want someone to do, but he did a pretty piss poor job on the SLC. If he is going to do it, he needs to ask opinions of those who actually know whats going on. He can email me anytime with questions, and he can email the Northwestern State SID's or Athletics office. Im sure they will do what they can. Thats what legitimate reporters do. Correct?

Personally it felt like he did it on purpose, and the only person he spoke to was TT. HA! xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 19th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Regardless, he is doing something that we all want someone to do, but he did a pretty piss poor job on the SLC. If he is going to do it, he needs to ask opinions of those who actually know whats going on. He can email me anytime with questions, and he can email the Northwestern State SID's or Athletics office. Im sure they will do what they can. Thats what legitimate reporters do. Correct?

Personally it felt like he did it on purpose, and the only person he spoke to was TT. HA! xlolx

Agreed. I know he wants to do a good job and I have offered help in that some of the guys on the site are pretty good eggs and know their stuff so they may be able to provide some assistance prior to his analysis cuz it can't hurt to get some more informaiton from guys that are fairly passionate about their teams.

I wanted to see if board members could just give some of their insight without the big pissing match or thread derailure when I started the "SoCon Fella"s" thread and up until today it has been really good and only took a slight curve when a new member brought up an alternate topic inside the thread...unwittingly. Thankfully it did not take off.

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM

Spoke to me?

Already told you guys that I thought he was looking at YouTube to see what recruits' videos were available so he could give them some love...

jhanel
August 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Spoke to me?

Already told you guys that I thought he was looking at YouTube to see what recruits' videos were available so he could give them some love...

It was a joke