Wagner - at Lafayette

Bryant - at Brown
Rhode Island - at Brown

Bryant - vs. Brown
Rhode Island - vs. Brown

Bryant - at Brown
Rhode Island - at Brown

*12-game season
Note: URI joins in 2013; 9-game league schedule for 2013 & 2014.

Pard4Life
August 15th, 2011, 08:21 AM
2012: Lafayette at RMU
2014: Wagner at Lafayette; RMU at Lafayette

blackbeard
August 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
SHU has Colgate and Columbia in 2012

henfan
August 15th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hotly rumored that Lafayette & Bucknell will be appearing on future Delaware schedules. Don't know the exact years just yet.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Is the Lehigh-CCSU game the season opener? I can't see LU starting the season on the road two years in a row.

DFW HOYA
August 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hotly rumored that Lafayette & Bucknell will be appearing on future Delaware schedules. Don't know the exact years just yet.

What, is every PL team (with one BIG exception) getting Delaware games now?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 15th, 2011, 10:13 AM

You mean two? Lehigh hasn't had a regular season game with UD since '05.By looks of it, it doesn't appear there's another matchup on the horizon.

aceinthehole
August 15th, 2011, 10:50 AM

Are both of those games on the road in 2012?

Also, are you returning a game to Georgetown for their 2010 visit to Fairfield?

aceinthehole
August 15th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Is the Lehigh-CCSU game the season opener? I can't see LU starting the season on the road two years in a row.

No, Lehigh-CCSU is week 2 in both 2012 and 2013.

In 2012, Lehigh opens at home vs. Monmouth.

401ks
August 15th, 2011, 11:29 AM
FWIW...

The unofficial official talk at Duquesne has the Dukes going to Youngstown State in 2012, and future dates with Georgetown (home & home?) and Old Dominion.

DFW HOYA
August 15th, 2011, 12:07 PM

Sacred Heart is not returning the game.

henfan
August 15th, 2011, 01:05 PM

I understand this is an NEC thread and, with my response, I meant to indicate that there are no NEC opponents either on or rumored to be on UD's schedule for the foreseeable future. With URI & UMass leaving, that could change.

blackbeard
August 15th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Are both of those games on the road in 2012?

Columbia is away this year so I am assuming home next. I think Colgate is on the road. No return game on Georgetown.

danefan
August 15th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Pretty weak considering what we've seen in the past.

I had a feeling this would happen, but does anyone else think the AQ is making NEC teams think twice about scheduling up and instead opting from home games?

Dane96
August 15th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner.

Yep...100% agree, and I hate it.

Sader87
August 15th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Is URI a league member officially in 2012? That would leave just 2 OOC games going forward. Any idea if Brown is playing URI, Bryant and HC during those years Bryant is playing Brown?

Go...gate
August 15th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Colgate vs. Albany 2014 and 2015

Colgate vs. Sacred Heart 2012

danefan
August 15th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Is URI a league member officially in 2012? That would leave just 2 OOC games going forward. Any idea if Brown is playing URI, Bryant and HC during those years Bryant is playing Brown?

URI comes in in 2013.

Seawolf97
August 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM

Delaware must be joining the IVY?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 15th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Colgate vs. Sacred Heart.

Uh. oh. What happened to Maine on 9/15/2012?

Go...gate
August 15th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Is the NEC pretty much fixed on a 40-scholarship limit for the forseeable future, or are they planning further expansion of grants-in-aid to ultimately reach 63?

danefan
August 15th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Is the NEC pretty much fixed on a 40-scholarship limit for the forseeable future, or are they planning further expansion of grants-in-aid to ultimately reach 63?

No word on going above 40. I know a few people emailed and asked during media day, but the questions were ignored.

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Colgate vs. Sacred Heart.

Uh. oh. What happened to Maine on 9/15/2012?

I now have 'Gate/SHU.

Maine vs ???

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Colgate vs. Albany 2014 and 2015

Colgate vs. Sacred Heart 2012

So Colgate/UAlbany has another home/home set after the 2011-12 serise? Do you know who is home which year?

danefan
August 16th, 2011, 08:57 AM
So Colgate/UAlbany has another home/home set after the 2011-12 serise? Do you know who is home which year?

Pretty sure its a four-year alternating series. 2013 @ Colgate, 2014 @ Albany.

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 09:05 AM
I understand this is an NEC thread and, with my response, I meant to indicate that there are no NEC opponents either on or rumored to be on UD's schedule for the foreseeable future. With URI & UMass leaving, that could change.

I would love for CCSU to make a trip to the Tub. I would think NEC teams would continue to appear a few times as "buy games" on the Hen's schedule, especially no that you have dropped West Chester.

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 09:09 AM
No word on going above 40. I know a few people emailed and asked during media day, but the questions were ignored.

I think the NEC is in a wait and hold pattern for a season or two. I'm not saying it will or won't happen, but right now it is not on the table. I think the league is waiting for 2 reasons:

1) What will the PL do?
2) Will the NCAA lower the 'bowl counter' scholarship criteria?

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Pretty weak considering what we've seen in the past.

I had a feeling this would happen, but does anyone else think the AQ is making NEC teams think twice about scheduling up and instead opting from home games?

Not so sure. I think its a little different for every team.

For instance, RMU likes the series they have with Dayton. They will keep that while adding a full-scholly or PL teams. They will be very happy to suplement thta with PL games like Bucknell, Lafayette, etc.

CCSU can't get many teams to agree to a home/home, so we are probably looking at 2 road games per year, at least 1 of them will be a $$$ game with no return. We've played 2 $$$ games per year since 2007, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

BTW - what years allow a 12-game schedule?

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 09:30 AM

URI has both UNH and Brown non-conference in 2012/13. I'd expect them to also add Maine in 2013.

danefan
August 16th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Not so sure. I think its a little different for every team.

For instance, RMU likes the series they have with Dayton. They will keep that while adding a full-scholly or PL teams. They will be very happy to suplement thta with PL games like Bucknell, Lafayette, etc.

CCSU can't get many teams to agree to a home/home, so we are probably looking at 2 road games per year, at least 1 of them will be a $$$ game with no return. We've played 2 $$$ games per year since 2007, and I don't see that changing in the near future.

BTW - what years allow a 12-game schedule?

Maybe its a reflection on UAlbany's schedule then, but we are definitely weak this year and the next few as far as we know.

I believe 2013 is a 12-game year?

UAalum72
August 16th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Upcoming 12-game seasons are 2013, 2014, and 2019

hebmskebm
August 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I genuinely feel the NEC's 40-scholarship model is going to be unsustainable in the long run, and probably even the medium-run.

Ten years from now, I see the current NEC schools in one of three camps:

1) Playing full-scholarship FCS
or
2) Playing in the PFL or a PFL-esque non-scholly league (in other words, the NEC from a decade ago)
or
3) Not playing football at all :(

401ks
August 16th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I genuinely feel the NEC's 40-scholarship model is going to be unsustainable in the long run, and probably even the medium-run.

Ten years from now, I see the current NEC schools in one of three camps:

1) Playing full-scholarship FCS
or
2) Playing in the PFL or a PFL-esque non-scholly league (in other words, the NEC from a decade ago)
or

xeyebrowx

Okay...

For the sake of discussion, would you mind telling us why you feel this?

henfan
August 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Delaware must be joining the IVY?

Nah, they're just open to playing FCS teams who'll come to Newark without a return date.

hebmskebm
August 16th, 2011, 08:52 PM
xeyebrowx

Okay...

For the sake of discussion, would you mind telling us why you feel this?

Well, for starters, the whole 40-schollie cap compromise has been a stopgap gimmick to keep the league together since the beginning of its implementation. Half of the schools would rather be FBS counters and are just waiting until they are financially and structurally (both in regards to conference affiliation and facilities) ready to move on. The other half of the schools has dragged its feet on the scholarship issue since the beginning and truth be told would rather be playing the brand of non-scholarship football the league played 10 years ago, and only went along with the limited schollies for the sake of keeping the conference together. The only schools who I think are happy with the league status quo are the downgrading future member URI and Duquesne.

Albany and CCSU are going DI counter as soon as they feasibly can and everybody knows it. If the NCAA lowered the counter limit a bit to a number somewhere in between 40 and 57, (which I think they will do), RMU, URI, Monmouth, and Bryant will join them. I still think Wagner, Duquesne, SHU, and St. Francis will ultimately abandon the scholarship model completely in the not too distant future. Wagner, SHU, and SFPA never wanted to be there to begin with.

aceinthehole
August 16th, 2011, 09:34 PM

I've updated the NEC-Ivy games.

Looks like SHU has Dartmouth in 2012 and Columbia in 2014 (both on the road).

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/media_guide/11fbguide-Intro.pdf

blackbeard
August 16th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I've updated the NEC-Ivy games.

Looks like SHU has Dartmouth in 2012 and Columbia in 2014 (both on the road).

http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/media_guide/11fbguide-Intro.pdf

Not certain, thought Columbia was a home and home for 2011 and 2012, maybe not.

401ks
August 17th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well, for starters, the whole 40-schollie cap compromise has been a stopgap gimmick to keep the league together since the beginning of its implementation. Half of the schools would rather be FBS counters and are just waiting until they are financially and structurally (both in regards to conference affiliation and facilities) ready to move on. The other half of the schools has dragged its feet on the scholarship issue since the beginning and truth be told would rather be playing the brand of non-scholarship football the league played 10 years ago, and only went along with the limited schollies for the sake of keeping the conference together. The only schools who I think are happy with the league status quo are the downgrading future member URI and Duquesne.

Albany and CCSU are going DI counter as soon as they feasibly can and everybody knows it. If the NCAA lowered the counter limit a bit to a number somewhere in between 40 and 57, (which I think they will do), RMU, URI, Monmouth, and Bryant will join them. I still think Wagner, Duquesne, SHU, and St. Francis will ultimately abandon the scholarship model completely in the not too distant future. Wagner, SHU, and SFPA never wanted to be there to begin with.

Points well taken.

I can't argue with what may have taken place in the past, or what individual programs may have been thinking in the past. However, I must disagree with your proposition that "Wagner, Duquesne, SHU, and St. Francis will ultimately abandon the scholarship model completely in the not too distant future." Certainly in the case of Duquesne, that is simply not happening.

Will one or two programs eventually go the non-scholarship route? Maybe. But I believe for every St. Francis(?) that may leave the NEC there will be another Rhode Island that joins.

I have no problem seeing the NEC as a "counter" conference at some point in the not-too-distant future. Either the "counter" number comes down; NEC scholarship limit goes up; or some combination of both.

My primary xeyebrowx reaction to your original post was to the comment:

I cannot see where any current NEC school would not be playing football in ten years. The chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and none, in my opinion.

busybee14
August 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Wagner is not giving up schollies anytime soon. We are finally getting some talent in.The future looks bright.

hebmskebm
August 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I cannot see where any current NEC school would not be playing football in ten years. The chances of that happening are somewhere between slim and none, in my opinion.

I'm sure Northeastern and Hofstra fans felt the same way. I agree with you that the odds of it happening are slim, since the smaller NEC schools could easily just take up the PFL model for football and not abandon the sport completely if they were truly committed to it (and I think they all are). Any football is of course better than no football.

And as for the future of NEC football, I certainly see the current NEC teams that have similar long-term desires for their football programs continuing to play one another in the future. Whether or not they play those future games in a league called the Northeast Conference is anybody's guess.

aceinthehole
August 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
And as for the future of PATRIOT LEAGUE football, I certainly see the current PL teams that have similar long-term desires for their football programs continuing to play one another in the future. Whether or not they play those future games in a league called the PATRIOT LEAGUE is anybody's guess.

I think this is more accurate.

Justin Observation
August 17th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Rumor has it that RNU plays at NDSU in 2012

aceinthehole
August 27th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Nice post on Monmouth's scheule. Here's some future games:

2012 - at Lehigh, at Colgate, vs Rhode Island
2013 - vs. Cornell, at Columbia
2014 - vs. Columbia

Monmouth has had conversations with Colgate and Old Dominion about renewing a home/home series. MU is also talking to Georgia Southern about playing a game in Statesboro.

http://blogs.app.com/hawks/2011/08/27/mu-football-schedule-is-programs-toughest-yet/

aceinthehole
September 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM
CCSU's AD announces future football games:

2012 @ Stony Brook, Lehigh at HOME (first part of a home and home series), @ New Hampshire
2013 @ JMU, @ Lehigh, Holy Cross at HOME (first part of a home and home series)
2014 @ Holy Cross

http://ccsubluedevils.wordpress.com/2011/09/03/ask-the-ad-football-playing-a-dii-team/

Although 2013 and 2014 are 12-games seasons, with addition of URI, the NEC is planning a 9-game league schedule.

Seawolf97
September 4th, 2011, 01:29 PM
CCSU's AD announces future football games:

2012 @ Stony Brook, Lehigh at HOME (first part of a home and home series), @ New Hampshire
2013 @ JMU, @ Lehigh, Holy Cross at HOME (first part of a home and home series)
2014 @ Holy Cross

http://ccsubluedevils.wordpress.com/2011/09/03/ask-the-ad-football-playing-a-dii-team/

Although 2013 and 2014 are 12-games seasons, with addition of URI, the NEC is planning a 9-game league schedule.

Good to see you guys back on our schedule!

aceinthehole
December 5th, 2011, 08:38 PM
The Dukes will not play Youngstown State in 2012, but Albany will.

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/201112053zhxa6

danefan
December 7th, 2011, 08:44 AM
The Dukes will not play Youngstown State in 2012, but Albany will.

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/201112053zhxa6

We're actually at Maine as well next year.

So Albany's OOC consists of:

vs. Colgate
@ Maine
@ YSU

Hopefully the YSU and Maine games are home-and-homes? Looking more and more like our stadium won't be ready until late 2012 or more likely the 2013 season now. Opening with Maine or YSU would b enice.

Dane96
December 7th, 2011, 10:01 AM
That's a tough OOC.

aceinthehole
December 7th, 2011, 03:41 PM

vs. Colgate
@ Maine
@ YSU

Hopefully the YSU and Maine games are home-and-homes? Looking more and more like our stadium won't be ready until late 2012 or more likely the 2013 season now. Opening with Maine or YSU would b enice.

I doubt the YSU game is H/H, but Maine likely is.

aceinthehole
December 7th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yep, tough schedule for UA.

CCSU's is even tougher with 3 playoff teams (Stony Brook, Lehigh, and New Hampshire) and we will have to break in a new QB. Hope it isn't another long year for us.

danefan
December 7th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I doubt the YSU game is H/H, but Maine likely is.

I don't know. YSU did sign up for a home and home with Dayton, so you never know.

Could be a 2 for 1 deal.

busybee14
December 7th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hearing from multiple sources Wagner flying south in 2012 to play FAU. We have a strong South Florida connection with so many players from the area. If it plays out could be fun.

UAalum72
December 7th, 2011, 09:38 PM

vs. Colgate
@ Maine
@ YSU

I hope the Maine and YSU games aren't back-to-back. 7-8 hour bus rides each way, especially with two trips to Pittsburgh next year, too.

hidalgo
December 7th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Duquesne to play ODU next year.