PDA

View Full Version : AGS & Your Email Address

ursus arctos horribilis
August 14th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Check it in your usercp and make sure it is correct and not a defunct email. A lot of birthday emails come back as undeliverable, then the account gets put into a semi locked thing where you have to go and fix the problem and confirm your account again before it will give you the full access you once enjoyed.

Most of these seem to be from users that have associated their AGS account with a work email or possibly a domain that is associated with your ISP. When you move to a new provider...no workey.

GMail, Yahoo, etc. are good ways to get around this with the free email accounts they provide that you will have at your disposal no matter what. Just a suggestion but a lot of time is wasted with this so help a brother out here.

Here's a list I've started compiling from the last couple of months. A few real recognizable names on here. If you know of any of these people from your team boards or so forth and could let them know they will be having trouble logging in I would greatly appreciate you giving them the word.

1stn10BlueHens
84Griz
alvin kayak
APP ST
apper195
AppState336
ASU8
bison95
Blue42
bob lee
boxfan2015
Bubbles
Canafreak
CatamountWCU
crim9898
CSN-info
DavidP
dtownfb
dusky256fc
eagle_13
eagleone
elonballer
fufanatic
g-man
GoAgs67
GrizDan
GrizDan
Hachiko
HappyAppy13
Hawkeye Mark
Henny
Hipockets
houtexan
HoyaMom
Jack33
JackGlaw
Jacks76
Jasonstawnos
jbuggASU
jimmyv9
kgjack22
KiddBrew10
KleinTx05
Lex St. Kitts
littleGUN
Lumberjacks76
madcow
martinlp
McNeese_beat
michaelschukacher
mksioux
MM7CAT
Mocfan1986
mohotrod
Mort
mountaintop
NZNCRZY
o25bigmac
Pant8her
Panther Fan 2372
pantheralum16
pokeyfan
Polloloco
Prairiehaas
Rowdy
ScottyDoesKnow
slulaldedamig
Stromer
SU Jag
swift
T-Dog
Terriertime
Theabetelt
Towson Fan
txphi592
unhsportsfan
utsatailgater1
wfbison
Wolfman
wompemup
yosef135
z33bison

If some of these are fixed already let me know and I'll take off the list but I ain't taking the time to go look each one up.xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
August 14th, 2011, 08:15 PM
There's no longer a "User Control Panel." You have to select "Forum Actions" then "Edit Profile." One remedy, of course, is simply not putting in your birthday at all. That should solve the problem.

BEAR
August 14th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Updated. Didn't realize I had that address still in existance on any site..guess that's what happens when you register with a site 6 years ago...WOW! LOL.

appfan2008
August 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM
I had an old email that still works but decided to update to one i check... plus added benefit of gmail... never going anywhere...

ursus arctos horribilis
August 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM
There's no longer a "User Control Panel." You have to select "Forum Actions" then "Edit Profile." One remedy, of course, is simply not putting in your birthday at all. That should solve the problem.

I think what you mean is you didn't realize you could still get to your usercp easily by clicking "Notifications" at the top of the page and selecting "Inbox" which takes you to the page that used to be your usercp. Look at the left hand column and I think all the things that used to be in the usercp are still there.

For easy rep checking and the same basic page see this thread Grizza started a few months back:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84101-REP-point-screen

ursus arctos horribilis
August 16th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Updated with a couple of new names.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 21st, 2011, 01:58 PM
If you can not login check this list and fix your problem.

Tribe4SF
August 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
For easy rep checking and the same basic page see this thread Grizza started a few months back:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?84101-REP-point-screen

That little square between "my profile" and "logout" no longer exists.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 21st, 2011, 02:54 PM
That little square between "my profile" and "logout" no longer exists.

It's still there on mine?

dgtw
August 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM
Still works for me, too.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 21st, 2011, 03:29 PM
Still works for me, too.

I think some browsers or pop up blockers may be what is stopping it from appearing since it shows on most but not on some.

GA St. MBB Fan
August 23rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
I think some browsers or pop up blockers may be what is stopping it from appearing since it shows on most but not on some.

I've used both FireFox and IE and it is there...except you can't see it...the only way I can tell its there is by mousing over the area between "my profile" and "log out" then the cursor changes over.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 23rd, 2011, 02:06 PM
I've used both FireFox and IE and it is there...except you can't see it...the only way I can tell its there is by mousing over the area between "my profile" and "log out" then the cursor changes over.

Yes, it is silly and a problem in the code I think that I have not been able to take the time and track down. The button is small and is also the same color as the backgound. I don't know why it would be done that way but I will change it when I come across it. Until then you just gotta use the cursor as the "needle in a haystack locator".

It's easy to do once you know it's there and that's why I turned Grizzaholic's thread into a "sticky" on the matter.