PDA

View Full Version : Drake Spring Practice Begins...

DUPFLFan
March 27th, 2006, 07:48 PM
From the Drake Bulldogs web site..

March 27, 2006
Football Team Starts Spring Practice Wednesday

DES MOINES, IOWA - The Drake football team, which has 14 returning starters back from last year's squad which posted a 6-4 record, will open spring practice Wednesday.

The Bulldogs, under the guidance of Rob Ash, who is entering his 18th year as head football coach, will conduct four weekly practices through April 22.

Junior running back Scott Phaydavong (Des Moines East) and senior linebacker Jimmy Adams (Kansas City, Mo./Park Hill) , who were named 2005 Drake's offensive and defensive players of the year, respectively, headline the cast of returning veterans.

Phaydavong, who ranked second in the NCAA I-AA in rushing, was named a repeat selection to 2005 The Sports Network I-AA Mid-Major All-American football team. Phaydavong, who rushed for 1,550 yards with eight touchdowns in just 204 carries ( 7.6 avg. per carry), led the Pioneer Football League in rushing for second straight year and enjoyed eight straight 100-yard plus rushing games to close out season

Adams led Drake with 88 tackles, including 66 solo stops, three quarterback sacks for 32 yards in losses, two interceptions and one fumble recovery.

Phaydavong, junior offensive guard Dave Pammer (Mokena, Ill.) and junior tight endDaniel Marx (Maple Grove, Minn.) also were named to the CollegeSportsReport.com All Mid-Major Offense team last year.

Pammer, a first-team All-Pioneer Football League North Division choice, anchored an offensive line that helped Drake rank sixth nationally in rushing offense, averaging 257.2 yards per game. Marx caught 16 passes for 338 yards, including six touchdowns.

crunifan
March 27th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I am excited, I am planning on coming down to Des Moines for the season opener of our two teams. I'm excited to see the new Drake Stadium and it's infamous blue track!

Hansel
March 27th, 2006, 09:22 PM
I am excited, I am planning on coming down to Des Moines for the season opener of our two teams. I'm excited to see the new Drake Stadium and it's infamous blue track!
Is the UNI-Drake deal a 2 for 1 (2 games @ UNI) or is it just a home/home

DUPFLFan
March 28th, 2006, 09:14 AM
I think that UNI is just home and home.

igo4uni
March 28th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I plan on making the trip to Des Moines to cheer on the Panthers.

I predict more Panther fans in the house than Drake fans. :nod: :nod: :) :) :)

Chi Panther
March 28th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Wish Phaydavong was a Panther....

I'll be a Drake fan all year long, except for the season opener.:nod:

nmatsen
March 29th, 2006, 07:12 PM
uh, yeah. He really tore us up last year!

Chi Panther
March 29th, 2006, 11:07 PM
nmatsen, obviously he wouldn't be our starting TB........But he'd make a great Tony Taylor!!!!:nod:

igo4uni
March 31st, 2006, 10:51 AM
Wish Phaydavong was a Panther....

I'll be a Drake fan all year long, except for the season opener.:nod:

He's a tough player. No doubt about it.

I'll be rooting for Drake as well for the rest of the season.