PDA

View Full Version : ASU's Gainey Wants Leading Role

Appaholic
August 11th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Ed Gainey, thrown into the proverbial fire as a rookie cornerback three years ago, is fired up about his senior season.

He's Appalachian State's most experienced player, with a team-leading 36 career starts.

And with principal defensive players such as Mark LeGree and D.J. Smith gone from last season's team and now in the NFL, Gainey believes he must embrace a leadership role.

"I want to step up," Gainey said. "I'm not the most vocal leader, but I can at least lead by example. I can work hard, stay focused, and hopefully everybody will follow that. There's no pressure to do that, but it's something I feel like I need to do."

http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2011/aug/10/wssport01-gainey-wants-leading-role-ar-1284763/

AppAlum2003
August 11th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm honestly tired of watching opposing wide receivers make big plays and see #28 about 10 feet away from the ball, looking confused.

asumike83
August 11th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Very frustrating player to watch. Highly regarded player coming out of H.S. with a ton of athleticism, but has been very inconsistent. Named second team All-SoCon because he has made some big plays but for an every down cornerback, I'll take Dominique McDuffie over him any day.

biggie
August 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
The consistancy is the issue, can be very good, but we notice when he's very bad.