PDA

View Full Version : SFA Defense Steps Up in Purple-White Game

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2006, 06:16 PM
"We have a couple of talented options, but I'm concerned with our depth at the position"

That's from the head coach at SFA, Robert McFarland. SFA was in the basement of the SLC this past year and with the conference competition heating up as well as two out of conference games against I-A schools, SFA is going to need to have a good offseason and then a solid August for the Jacks to be ready to be up to par.

McFarland has his work cut out for him, especially if Danny Southall does not look like a strong starting QB. He may not have any other options. We'll see what the Jacks bring to the table this fall, but props to the SFA defense for a strong final scrimmage...

SFA Defense Strong in Final Scrimmage
Senior Freddie Parish records game-high 11 tackles

March 25, 2006

NACOGDOCHES - The Stephen F. Austin Lumberjack football team concluded the third of three scheduled spring scrimmages Saturday at Homer Bryce Stadium. The 85-play scrimmage was dominated by the Lumberjack defense, which surrendered only two scores on the afternoon.

"The majority of the positions are set," said SFA head coach Robert McFarland. "The coaching staff will get together this week and finalize the depth chart. We had some needs coming into the spring, but I believe we really addressed those needs through recruiting."

Senior defensive back Freddie Parish recorded a game-high 11 tackles, including six solo stops, while 2005 All-American Keldrick Holman posted six tackles and picked off one pass. Six different 'Jacks recorded a sack on the afternoon led by Luke Swadley's three. Jay Walbran finished the afternoon with eight tackles and two sacks.

http://sfajacks.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032506aab.html

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 25th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure if this a good measuring stick for how the defense will play. The D always dominates the team scrimmages, at least they do in Statesboro.