PDA

View Full Version : Tribe scrimmage.

Tribe4SF
March 25th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Jake Phillips looks like clear leader at QB. Freshman QB R.J. Archer working at WR. Skill players all looked sharp, especially Elijah Brooks at RB, and Joe Nicholas and Elliott Mack at WR. FB Graham Falbo impressive catching the ball out of the backfield. Trying 3 guys at center, including All-A10 guard Cody Morris.

Defense running new schemes, with a big dose of 3-4. LBs very impressive. DL is loaded with young guys, with Adrian Tracy and Sean Lissemore looking the best of the Freshmen. Secondary looks pretty good, with big plays from Derek Cox, Richard Riley, Kevin Allen and Zach Stout.

DTSpider
March 26th, 2006, 02:36 PM
How is the offensive line looking? I've thought that W&M has historically had good line play, but it looked awful last year at the UR game in particular.

Tribe4SF
March 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
It was awful in Richmond, and in the previous 3 games as well. An unforseen collapse by a group that had played very well.

The rebuilding includes a switch to center for Cody Morris. Also benefitting from the return of Justin Oliver, who missed last spring and fall with an illness. He seems fully recovered, and looked good Saturday as the starter at left guard. Right now I'd say he, Morris, and right tackle Brad Stewart are locked in. I doubt the starting five will be set until August, as there is alot of competition going on.