PDA

View Full Version : Week One Casualties?

Milktruck74
August 9th, 2011, 07:25 AM
It seems the first week of camp is rough on players mentally and Physically. Every year we lose one or two freshmen due to homesickness or something like it, and maybe one or two to injury.

The Mocs first casualty was Marlandas Crane, a freshman WR from Georgia. Huesman said, "He left. He isn't coming back. I don't care if they beg me, he isn't coming back." So to sum it up, he probably didn't slide out gracefully!!!!!

McNeese75
August 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Sounds like it was a "Johnny Paycheck" moment

Eaglesrus
August 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
We had lost a quarterback before camp started. Ezayi Youyoute was a true freshman last year. He played a little in our first game before suffering a turf toe injury that kept him out the rest of the season. He had left the team, but yesterday it was announced that he has come back. At the same time it was announced that one of the new guys this year, Tre'Shard Burdette, who was listed as an "athlete" when recruited, has left the team. As you say Milktruck, it seems that some of these things happen every year.

Skjellyfetti
August 9th, 2011, 09:58 AM
We lost a freshman walkon receiver named Mo Gore for the season. I had never heard of him until the injury report... but, what a name!!!

LeadBolt
August 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
We lost a freshman walkon receiver named Mo Gore for the season. I had never heard of him until the injury report... but, what a name!!!

That's got to be one of the best football (or bull fighting) names of all time... xbowx xthumbsupx

dgtw
August 9th, 2011, 11:15 AM
A freshman walk on? In other words, some high school hot shot said, "Hey, think I'll play football here". Then a couple days later said "Man, FCS football is harder than it looks. Screw this, where's the beer?".

biggie
August 9th, 2011, 11:24 AM
A freshman walk on? In other words, some high school hot shot said, "Hey, think I'll play football here". Then a couple days later said "Man, FCS football is harder than it looks. Screw this, where's the beer?".
In Mo Gore's case it was "I injured my leg Sunday in practice and had to have surgery today".

Very few WRs at App get scholarships, most are walkons or recruited as an athlete and eventually move to WR.

dgtw
August 9th, 2011, 11:36 AM
My apologies to Mo. I guess I read the first post and thought the whole thread was about people who just quit the first week.

appfan2008
August 9th, 2011, 11:54 AM
My apologies to Mo. I guess I read the first post and thought the whole thread was about people who just quit the first week.

Thought so too but maybe it is for anybody that left...

TheRevSFA
August 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
that's a shame. Mo Gore is a hell of a name.

Bam
August 10th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Big one for EKU. WR O. Harris out! Damn it!

http://richmondregister.com/localsports/x1533025428/EKU-FOOTBALL-Harris-to-miss-season-with-knee-injury

citdog
August 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
What a bunch of "ninny queers". Don't have anything but PRACTICE to worry about. For our Knobs practice is a BREAK.

URMite
August 11th, 2011, 09:50 AM
That's got to be one of the best football (or bull fighting) names of all time... xbowx xthumbsupx

I still like one of ours from a few years ago, who left before his first game.

Lineman - Max Crush

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/172946/max-crush

SideLine Shooter
August 11th, 2011, 10:07 AM
What a bunch of "ninny queers". Don't have anything but PRACTICE to worry about. For our Knobs practice is a BREAK.

Yep, they just can't wait to hit the showers!

kdinva
August 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM

xthumbsupx

Same in Lex.!! xnodx

Appaholic
August 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM

xthumbsupx

Same in Lex.!! xnodx

See citdog, i told you VMI was just like citadel.....

citdog
August 11th, 2011, 02:42 PM
See citdog, i told you vmi was small and impotent when compared with THE Citadel..

As you know DAMN well my teetotaling friend........

Accuracy is essential to liberty

Appaholic
August 11th, 2011, 02:44 PM
As you know DAMN well my teetotaling friend........

Accuracy is essential to liberty

Do we need to see the picture again?

citdog
August 11th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Do we need to see the picture again?

If we MUST

SpiritCymbal
August 11th, 2011, 04:16 PM
I think the only two that we've had so far were incoming freshmen WR BJ Johnson and RB Tre'Shard Burdette.

chattownmocs
August 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
The good news is that yesterday Coach Huesman said he doesn't have a doubt that any of the 18 remaining freshman can play "We didnt miss on any of them"

BEAR
August 11th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Today at practice, UCA suffered an injury...of a different sort. After one on one drills defense vs. offense, the team got together in a huddle, got rowdy...and this happened:

From coach Conques twitter:

Went live 1 on 1 drills and other live work. Only major injury was Coach Hollingsworth. Caught in action and fell. Broken arm! Will be ok.

McNeese75
August 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM
McNeese had its lone Senior OL go down with a knee injury yesterday (pre-season all-american). It will be a few days before they finish the evaluation to determine how bad it is :(

McNeese72
August 12th, 2011, 03:44 PM
McNeese had its lone Senior OL go down with a knee injury yesterday (pre-season all-american). It will be a few days before they finish the evaluation to determine how bad it is :(

Just heard that Miquel "Goat" Gauthreaux is out for the season with torn ACL and MCL ligaments. Senior OL that was on some of the FCS Preaseason All-American lists.

Hopefully, he rehabiltates it and gets a medical redshirt year, if he wants to continue playing for another year.

Doc