PDA

View Full Version : QBs Hook Up with WRs for Big Plays in McN Scrimmage

TexasTerror
March 24th, 2006, 08:53 PM
A very solid 21 yards per completion was the combined output of the the two McNeese QBs during today's scrimmage. Tommy Tate walks away praising the speed of his team and came away equally impressed with Quentin Lawrence, the team's MVP as a sophomore last year at the WR position. Also should be noted that the K, Blake Bercegeay nailed from 40 and 50 yards out...

Big Plays highlight McNeese football scrimmage on Friday
Quarterbacks Fontenot and Fourroux have good day

March 24, 2006

Big plays highlighted McNeese State's first full scrimmage of spring football drills on Friday.

Quarterbacks Mark Fontenot and Derrick Fourroux had the hot hand passing the ball and receivers Quinten Lawrence, Steven Whitehead and Richard Conner made the big receptions.

"I thought that we had a strong showing from both the offensive and the defensive side," head coach Tommy Tate said. "I thought that we showed a lot of speed especially in our skill positions and we can tell that we are physically a lot stronger."

Fontenot, who started two games last season as a redshirt freshman, completed six of nine passes for 137 yards and two touchdowns while Fourroux, now a redshirt freshman, hit on seven of 13 passes for 135 yards and a score.

Between them they averaged almost 21 yards per completion.

http://mcneesesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032406aab.html

blackfordpu
March 25th, 2006, 11:12 AM
A very solid 21 yards per completion was the combined output of the the two McNeese QBs during today's scrimmage. Tommy Tate walks away praising the speed of his team and came away equally impressed with Quentin Lawrence, the team's MVP as a sophomore last year at the WR position. Also should be noted that the K, Blake Bercegeay nailed from 40 and 50 yards out...

Big Plays highlight McNeese football scrimmage on Friday
Quarterbacks Fontenot and Fourroux have good day

March 24, 2006

Big plays highlighted McNeese State's first full scrimmage of spring football drills on Friday.

Quarterbacks Mark Fontenot and Derrick Fourroux had the hot hand passing the ball and receivers Quinten Lawrence, Steven Whitehead and Richard Conner made the big receptions.

"I thought that we had a strong showing from both the offensive and the defensive side," head coach Tommy Tate said. "I thought that we showed a lot of speed especially in our skill positions and we can tell that we are physically a lot stronger."

Fontenot, who started two games last season as a redshirt freshman, completed six of nine passes for 137 yards and two touchdowns while Fourroux, now a redshirt freshman, hit on seven of 13 passes for 135 yards and a score.

Between them they averaged almost 21 yards per completion.

http://mcneesesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032406aab.html

Sounds like the Cowboy's passing attack could be one to reckon with this season.

McNeese75
March 25th, 2006, 11:38 AM
You just never know this early and when you are playing against yourself, but, the passing game looked really good yesterday.

The receivers are extremely fast and there were some excellent passes thrown by the QB's.

Now, if we can crank up a decent running game, who knows?? :D

Overall, it looks like the Cowboys will be significantly better this year. What that means in league play, etc. Time will tell. :rotateh:

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Sounds like the Cowboy's passing attack could be one to reckon with this season.

Quentin Lawrence (McN) and Brian Christian (SHSU) are definitely two of the top young WRs in the league. McNeese vs SHSU will be nice especially if the Kats can somehow find a way to win in Huntsville. It's always a tough game for the Kats, but our chances are always better on Texas soil...

blackfordpu
March 25th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Quentin Lawrence (McN) and Brian Christian (SHSU) are definitely two of the top young WRs in the league. McNeese vs SHSU will be nice especially if the Kats can somehow find a way to win in Huntsville. It's always a tough game for the Kats, but our chances are always better on Texas soil...

We won in 2004 at home, I don't know about the game before that. The Kats are always tough to beat at home though. :nod:

TexasTerror
March 25th, 2006, 11:46 AM
We won in 2004 at home, I don't know about the game before that. The Kats are always tough to beat at home though. :nod:

Kats have only beat McNeese since 2000, in 2004 at home...though they probably should've won in 2005 at Lake Charles if our head coach doesn't make a few coaching errors! : smh :

Go back to 1995 and Kats only have wins in 1996 and 1999. So, three wins in the last ten years....McNeese has our number!

blackfordpu
March 25th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Kats have only beat McNeese since 2000, in 2004 at home...though they probably should've won in 2005 at Lake Charles if our head coach doesn't make a few coaching errors! : smh :

Go back to 1995 and Kats only have wins in 1996 and 1999. So, three wins in the last ten years....McNeese has our number!

Wow, I hope we can put an end to that trend. :rotateh: