PDA

View Full Version : So I've Chosen William & Mary...

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I've decided to pull for the Tribe since I visited the beautiful school once as a boy. Only connection I have to any team on this site.

Now, what do I need to know about the team? I want to know everything. You are looking at the birth of a loyal and enthusiastic fan. xthumbsupx

(Troy still comes first though, so if they play us...it's on baby :p)

superman7515
August 5th, 2011, 07:24 AM
http://a5.typepad.com/6a0120a6ac5429970c01348803f71d970c-450wi

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Here's a link to the article that was put out on CAA media day. It is a good place to start.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=606208&SPID=80810&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205213608&DB_OEM_ID=25100

W&M is picked to repeat as CAA champs, but could just as easily finish 5th. They have been picked to finish anywhere between 1st and 10th in the pre-season national rankings.

A lot depends on injuries, especially keeping a healthy QB this year, with the favorite to start having missed spring practice and coming back from shoulder surgery, and healthy lines. The leading wide receiver had an ACL injury in the Spring and we are looking for some of the talent that hasn't played a lot to step up.

Strengths at the beginning of camp appear to be Running Backs, Tight End, Linebackers and DB's with good starting lines, which may be a little thin.

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 08:10 AM
thanks LeadBolt. I hope you will be willing to walk me through this coming season and make sure I am a well-informed Tribe fan.

pike51
August 5th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Things you need to know about William and Mary:

#1 - They can't stop the triple option offense

#2 - Paul's Deli

#3 - They elected a "Zer" as homecoming queen.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2491/4041129194_cb4ab696cf.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/26/jessee-vasold-first-trans_n_333725.html

I think that's about all she wrote!

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Interesting synopsis from Pike, who is jealous because Georgia Southern elected a male HC "Queen" so many years before W&M and it has been forgotten, but his other points are not motivated by jealousy.

Here is a link newspaper article on Coach Laycocke and the season opener vs. UVA. Last time we played them was 2009 and the outcome was 26-14 in favor of W&M.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/teel-blog/dp-uvas-london-reid-consider-wms-laycock-friend-formidable-foe-20110805,0,6775477.story

TwoFeathers
August 5th, 2011, 08:59 AM
http://a5.typepad.com/6a0120a6ac5429970c01348803f71d970c-450wi

What the??

dgtw
August 5th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I think people elected the shemale as homecoming queen just to tick off the sorority snots who usually win those things.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah dgtw, I think you are right, but the GSU guys can't let it go. Interesting from people that live in a glass house....

From: "100 Things You Should Know About Georgia Southern University"

56. In 1979, WVGS sponsored Patrick “Pat” Fetter
for Homecoming Queen. Females dominated the
homecoming court during this time, and Pat was
the first male to run for Homecoming Queen…
and he won!

I wonder what they mean by the highlighted part above?

TwoFeathers
August 5th, 2011, 09:03 AM
thanks LeadBolt. I hope you will be willing to walk me through this coming season and make sure I am a well-informed Tribe fan.

#1 True
#2 Very True
#3 No Comment

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Burn the Horse,

On August 15 you will be able to see Phil Steele's analysis and stats for W&M on his website. If you haven't used his stuff in the past it is great. This year he has put out a publication strictly dedicated to FCS Football.

Give my regards to Jason Creech, #78 for Troy, if you see him. I used to work with his dad.

LeadBolt

OL FU
August 5th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I've decided to pull for the Tribe since I visited the beautiful school once as a boy. Only connection I have to any team on this site.

Now, what do I need to know about the team? I want to know everything. You are looking at the birth of a loyal and enthusiastic fan. xthumbsupx

(Troy still comes first though, so if they play us...it's on baby :p)

I think you should have chosen Jacksonville St since they like Troy so much

jmufan999
August 5th, 2011, 09:23 AM
W&M is a good choice. great school, well-respected coach.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 09:54 AM
W&M is a good choice. great school, well-respected coach.

Thanks 999,

Virginia has a really good state supported system of higher education, as you are aware. JMU is a great school as well, and is a National Champion, with a National Coach of the Year!

pike51
August 5th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks 999,

Virginia has a really good state supported system of higher education, as you are aware. JMU is a great school as well, and is a National Champion, with a National Coach of the Year!

You two lovers forgot to say no homo.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 11:32 AM

No homo is certainly understood between JMU and WM fans an we didn't want to say anything that might scare you away... HomeComing '79!

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
where can I find the URL code for that W&M userbar to add to my sig?

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
where can I find the URL code for that W&M userbar to add to my sig?

Here's the link for the football page:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25100&SPID=80810&SPSID=606208

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
LeadBolt I see you live in Georgia. If you ever make your way through Montgomery and want to sit down for a beer and a chat PM me on here. Maybe we can even swap a tshirt, I know I want a Tribe shirt and EVERYONE needs some Cardinal in their wardrobe. ;)

superman7515
August 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM

Hey, this Troy fan moves pretty quick too. Been here for like 48 hours and already trying to get Lead drunk and topless. xlolx

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hey, this Troy fan moves pretty quick too. Been here for like 48 hours and already trying to get Lead drunk and topless. xlolx

oh you can join us too big fella. i didnt mean to leave you out, i'm sure you're just as cute. xsmiley_wix

i kid i kid

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 12:53 PM

He's doing it without a shotgun too. Pretty rare for someone from Ala-bammy

Apphole
August 5th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Why the hell would you choose Bill and Marie?

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Because Bill and Ted are still on a bogus journey?

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 12:59 PM
let me get this strait, someone from Texas is going to mock someone from Alabama for a sterotype of Southerners? xrolleyesx

I guess we should all just be impressed you speak english.

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I chose William & Mary because a.) i've actually been on their campus before, b.) I like their mascot/logo/colors, and c.) their fans were nice to me when I got on here.

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 01:01 PM
let me get this strait, someone from Texas is going to mock someone from Alabama for a sterotype of Southerners? xrolleyesx

I never said people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, good sir.

heath
August 5th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'm looking forward to the UVa game,because if you guys smack them again.find a QB,and start the season strong,Ill pick W&M too

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 01:15 PM
we get enough bs from yankees, so i tend not to throw stereotypes at fellow Southerners.

funniest thing about it though, as much as Northerners mock the South...they tend to love it once they move here. in my line of work I meet a lot of fine military men and women (usually Air Force because we have Maxwell Air Force Base here). I can't remember the last time any of them had anything but complimentary things to say about Alabama. You hear the normal, "it's really hot here," but with a society that emphasizes politeness and hospitality, yanks tend to enjoy their stay.

I've traveled a LOT, both in and out of the country. the thing I always notice about Northern states is just how rude the average people seem to be. I never want to live in the north for that reason.

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
They seem to be pretty thankful in December, that's for damn sure

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 01:19 PM
absolutely.

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 01:20 PM
the South is a much more appealing climate, our culture is more polite, land/living space is more plentiful and spacious, and our sports teams are better. why would anyone think the North is better? LoL.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 01:35 PM
the South is a much more appealing climate, our culture is more polite, land/living space is more plentiful and spacious, and our sports teams are better. why would anyone think the North is better? LoL.

Let me guess, because they are uneducated about the south and are quaintly provincial? You of course know the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee...

When we lived in the Raleigh, NC area, had friends from NY visit us and they couldn't get over how people took the time to speak to them, were polite and nice. Once they got over the uneasy feeling it was some sort of a scam, they seemed to enjoy it.

I don't get over to Montgomery much these days, but will pm you if headed that way, please do the same to me if you're headed around Atlanta.

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Let me guess, because they are uneducated about the south and are quaintly provincial? You of course know the difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee...

When we lived in the Raleigh, NC area, had friends from NY visit us and they couldn't get over how people took the time to speak to them, were polite and nice. Once they got over the feeling it was a scam, they seemed to enjoy it.

I don't get over to Montgomery much these days, but will pm you if headed that way, please do the same to me if you're headed around Atlanta.

You could meet halfway in Columbus for some snuggling.

I kid.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM
You could meet halfway in Columbus for some snuggling.

I kid.

Bless your heart!

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM
snuggling is overrated you sissy. xlolx

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 01:46 PM
LeadBolt = big spoon due to the W&M recommendation.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM
TheRevSFA = feeling rejected because of BTH's decision

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
TheRevSFA = feeling rejected because of BTH's decision

Is this turning into PAM thread? :D

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Could be. We can take it outside, er, uhm, to the PAM thread if you would like....

TheRevSFA
August 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
After you, sir.

LeadBolt
August 5th, 2011, 02:49 PM
No, I insist after you.

813Jag
August 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xreadx

NHwildEcat
August 5th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Better then Donny and Marie...no?

NHwildEcat
August 5th, 2011, 03:13 PM
we get enough bs from yankees, so i tend not to throw stereotypes at fellow Southerners.

funniest thing about it though, as much as Northerners mock the South...they tend to love it once they move here. in my line of work I meet a lot of fine military men and women (usually Air Force because we have Maxwell Air Force Base here). I can't remember the last time any of them had anything but complimentary things to say about Alabama. You hear the normal, "it's really hot here," but with a society that emphasizes politeness and hospitality, yanks tend to enjoy their stay.

I've traveled a LOT, both in and out of the country. the thing I always notice about Northern states is just how rude the average people seem to be. I never want to live in the north for that reason.

The north is absolutely rude...esp the northeast. But we are busy, and I hate wasting my precious time stopping to talk to people I don't know...but I do love visiting Texas. Great state.

superman7515
August 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM
The north is absolutely rude...esp the northeast. But we are busy, and I hate wasting my precious time stopping to talk to people I don't know...but I do love visiting Texas. Great state.

I agree. When I was living in NYC you walked fast, didn't make eye contact, and always wore dark colors. Thought that was strange. Then I found the beautiful country of Serbia and it all made sense.

citdog
August 5th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I'd like another shot at those people and to send people from off who live here either back to their own country or to re-education camps. Either way the journey will be made in cattle cars.

"Were it ever to be proposed again to enter into a union with such a people, I could no more consent to do it than to trust myself in a den of thieves. There is indeed a difference between the two peoples. Let no man hug the delusion that there can be renewed association between them. Our enemies are TRADITIONLESS." President Davis

SideLine Shooter
August 5th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I think I'll have a drink.

citdog
August 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I think I'll have a drink.

Shooter in more ways than one.......

I think I'll join you. A mint julep on the veranda sounds delightful.

SideLine Shooter
August 5th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Shooter in more ways than one.......

I think I'll join you. A mint julep on the veranda sounds delightful.

Sounds good, but I'll have a Jack and Ginger.

superman7515
August 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I'd like another shot at those people and to send people from off who live here either back to their own country or to re-education camps. Either way the journey will be made in cattle cars.

The south is a little bigger now Citdog, you could have a shot, haha. And assuredly the sovereign Kingdom of Hawai'i would lend it's assistance in return for restoration of it's territorial rights as affirmed by the United Nations Article 73, the United States Justice Department in 1988, the United States Congress in 1893, and United States Public Law 103-150 signed by President Bill Clinton on November 23, 1993 acknowledging the illegal actions committed by the United States in the overthrow of the legitimate government of Hawaii and that the Hawaiian people never surrendered their sovereignty.

On a side note, if any of the teabaggers really wanted to get into the birth certificate debacle, Hawai'i has never been a part of the United States of America per the Justice Department and United Nations.

Burn the Horse
August 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Hawai'i would be foolish to refute US inclusion.