PDA

View Full Version : Austin Peay planning a new stadium

TTUEagles
July 31st, 2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20110731/SPORTS7001/107310340/Newly-designed-APSU-stadium-coming-closer-fruition?odyssey=mod|newswell|img|FRONTPAGE|p

For those of us who have played and/or watched games at APSU...this is the most needed new stadium in the OVC, if not the FCS
I wish my school could get off it's *** and get some funding fro something like this...

TTUEagles
July 31st, 2011, 09:06 AM
---From the article: "It (Governors Stadium) was built with materials that crumble with age and we're having all the problems associated with that," APSU President Tim Hall said. "Even before I was hired, I came to campus to look around and the one thing I was most upset by in terms or campus atmosphere was the football stadium. I don't think it looks like a college football stadium. I don't think it has the kind of appeal for a structure you would want on an energetic and growing campus. So since I've been here one of the things we had to accomplish was a renovation of that stadium. And now we're in the vicinity of being able to do that."

ekufbfan
July 31st, 2011, 09:46 AM
Perhaps?? xprayxThis will be motivation for the rest of us. EKU's RK Stadium needs renovation as well as Alumni Coliseum. If not, we will keep getting further behind than we already are. We have fabulous new on campus Arts and Entertainment Center opening this fall with big name entertainment every month, now it's time look at athletics!

OSRacer
July 31st, 2011, 10:24 AM
That is great news for APSU and the OVC. I always thought APSU could really compete if they got Clarksville squarely behind it's football program.