PDA

View Full Version : GaSt's Little to return early - but it's not because of the position's lack of depth

The Cats
July 30th, 2011, 09:12 PM
There is a chance that Little could return before the fifth game, against Murray State on Oct. 8 at the Dome. Curry said Little, who passed for 2,102 yards and 18 touchdowns last season, has done everything asked of him during the offseason. Because of Little’s positive attitude — “He’s paid as tough a price as anyone I’ve ever disciplined anywhere I’ve ever been” — and not because of the position’s lack of depth, Curry said he’s considering reducing, but not eliminating, the suspension.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-state/curry-unfazed-by-gsus-1060667.html...

.....and I've got some beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell.

Tuscon
July 31st, 2011, 10:07 AM
I honestly hope that doesn't happen. If anyone in our program thinks that a decrease in suspension time is for any reason other than the lack of depth, they're crazy. But it would have to be at least a 2 game decrease because we aren't going to "better our chances" against Houston, that's dumb. It'd have to be for the JSU game, or even the ODU game which would mean a serious decrease in the amount of time he's suspended. Blerg.

GSU EAGLES
July 31st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Getting desperate I guess. As a result of one QBs burglary charges, the previous QBs suspension gets reduced. Kind of like if the jails get too full, then they start to let people out early. And Curry is supposed to be Mr. Discipline and do things right. I guess the rest of the players that get in trouble will think it may be easy to get off the hook as well.

Hammer22
August 1st, 2011, 12:05 AM
Expected comment from our G. Southern friends.

FormerPokeCenter
August 1st, 2011, 01:29 AM
Just because Georgia Southern mentions your name frequently, it doesn't mean they're your friends. I think you're not catching the amount of derision inherent to their posts.

In other words, just because they've made you their *****, it doesn't mean they actually like you. In fact, I don't think I've met any FCS posters, anywhere, who actually like you ;)

Tuscon
August 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he didn't mean they are actually our friends...

pike51
August 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM
We don't have a comment simple because you don't matter to us. Win something, anything, and then we'll talk. Until then, we've only got one word for you... Lambuth.

FormerPokeCenter
August 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM
We don't have a comment simple because you don't matter to us. Win something, anything, and then we'll talk. Until then, we've only got one word for you... Lambuth.

THIS!

cannonballgsu
August 1st, 2011, 11:39 AM
Most important part of the headline "little to return".

Tuscon
August 1st, 2011, 12:46 PM

So I'm not too sure what you mean by this as there was, in fact, a GS comment in this thread. I also don't really understand "simple because you don't matter to us." If you meant "simply," then please refer to my first sentence. If you meant something else, let me know because it doesn't make any sense.

Next point, "win something, anything". What do we have to win to get your attention? We seem to already have it, but I'm assuming you just want to trash talk. Let's see, we've won 6 of our 11 games. We still aren't eligible for a playoff bid, so that's impossible. We did have a winning first season. We can't win our conference because we are independent for another year. Are you saying we aren't allowed to be part of the discussion if we don't win the National Championship? In that case, let's shut up half the users on this board. Try not to be such a dick.

Tribe4SF
August 1st, 2011, 02:06 PM
So I'm not too sure what you mean by this as there was, in fact, a GS comment in this thread. I also don't really understand "simple because you don't matter to us." If you meant "simply," then please refer to my first sentence. If you meant something else, let me know because it doesn't make any sense.

Next point, "win something, anything". What do we have to win to get your attention? We seem to already have it, but I'm assuming you just want to trash talk. Let's see, we've won 6 of our 11 games. We still aren't eligible for a playoff bid, so that's impossible. We did have a winning first season. We can't win our conference because we are independent for another year. Are you saying we aren't allowed to be part of the discussion if we don't win the National Championship? In that case, let's shut up half the users on this board. Try not to be such a dick.

That's a tall order for Pike. He is a dick...knows it...and embraces it.:D

As one of the few Georgia State posters available for actual conversation, I'd encourage you to get to know Pike. Once past the smack, he's more than ok.

Hammer22
August 1st, 2011, 07:34 PM

THIS!

Tribal
August 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Tuscon and Ridgerunner are the only reason I still have hope for State. They seem like quality guys and I feel badly for them in that they are surrounded by the likes of SaintDick, Hammer22, gsu01, gsujunior, et al. It's impossible to go to panthertalk in hope of a civil discussion because they perceive any outsider as a threat to their delusional vision of State. In just one year, they have managed a stronghold as the most hated fans. That's unfortunate because they certainly have the potential to be an excellent program. They should look to ODU as a model and cease acting like they are better than the rest of us.

I disagree, SF. Pike is a dick no matter how long one knows him.

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2011, 11:43 AM
Let's see, we've won 6 of our 11 games. We still aren't eligible for a playoff bid, so that's impossible. We did have a winning first season.

And you got beat by Lambuth, an NAIA school with 5'9 offensive linemen that was so strapped for cash that they went out of business.

His "win something" line was rhetorical. But, implicit in that plea was for you get a relevant win. Losing to Lambuth makes that virtually impossible.

So who was the signature win last season for the vaunted Georgia Sate Panther juggernaut? The Campbell Camels?

Tuscon
August 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM
It was our second game ever. Get over it already. We're part of the FCS discussion no matter how you define a "relevant win". Not every thread about us has to revert to smack.

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
Not every thread about us has to revert to smack.

If you guys weren't such utter douchebags, it probably wouldn't...

Tribe4SF
August 2nd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Pickin on the wrong guy there, Poke. The only way they'll evolve is if guys like Tuscon get some recognition for being ok.

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2011, 02:29 PM
Pickin on the wrong guy there, Poke. The only way they'll evolve is if guys like Tuscon get some recognition for being ok.

Sorry, I can't pretend that just because he's not AS obnoxious as the other Ga. State Pricks that he's somehow NOT a prick.

As to evolution, natural selection will work it's magic. When and IF a Georgia State fan behaves reasonably and rationally, I'm sure he'll be universally well received.

Until then, screw 'em ;)

Tuscon
August 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm a prick because I'm a Georgia State fan? Well with that kind of attitude, no wonder we're douchebags to you. So what is a reasonable and rational way to react to your douchebaggery towards us? Even me?

FormerPokeCenter
August 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM
No, you're a prick because of your attitude. That you're a Georgia State fan merely makes it fitting...

I'll give you some props for at least asking about the concepts of "reasonable" and "rational." When you're unfamiliar with soemthing, it's good that you take the time to ask for information. That's a start ;)

Eaglesrus
August 2nd, 2011, 03:22 PM
I honestly hope that doesn't happen. If anyone in our program thinks that a decrease in suspension time is for any reason other than the lack of depth, they're crazy. But it would have to be at least a 2 game decrease because we aren't going to "better our chances" against Houston, that's dumb. It'd have to be for the JSU game, or even the ODU game which would mean a serious decrease in the amount of time he's suspended. Blerg.

I for one will give you a lot of credit for this response to the topic at hand, Tuscon. Retracting even a part of a suspension like this would cast a questionable light in any case, in my opinion. However, to do it right when the guy who apparently was the projected replacement for the suspended player just left the program causes a severe loss of credibility for the school, the program, and particularly the coach, as far as I'm concerned. In my view, it also sends a really bad message to the other players.

ValleyBoy
August 2nd, 2011, 04:12 PM
I for one will give you a lot of credit for this response to the topic at hand, Tuscon. Retracting even a part of a suspension like this would cast a questionable light in any case, in my opinion. However, to do it right when the guy who apparently was the projected replacement for the suspended player just left the program causes a severe loss of credibility for the school, the program, and particularly the coach, as far as I'm concerned. In my view, it also sends a really bad message to the other players.
+1

Tuscon the main reason for dislike for GaSt like has been stated earlier is the flagrant additude of most not all posters from GaSt.

Feeling of most GaSt Fans.
1. We are the best because we are located in the great city of Atlanta.

To this some of us are old enought to remember when Atl was refered to as Losersville USA.

2. We are the best because we play our home games in the best home stadium the Ga Dome.

Facilities are just the outer picture. What is important is the product on the field.

3. Fans living in a dream world.

Until GaSt moves up No and I will state again No BCS/FBS football team will play GaSt inside the Ga Dome.

GaSt has the chance to become a very good football program. Be State fans the program becomes good in the field not on message boards. Yes I would say GaSt record last year was probally was what was expected with the teams State played last year. Yes you did loss to a team that you should not have lost to, ***** happens. But let's wait and see what happens the next several years.

The Eagle's Cliff
August 2nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'm a prick because I'm a Georgia State fan? Well with that kind of attitude, no wonder we're douchebags to you. So what is a reasonable and rational way to react to your douchebaggery towards us? Even me?

I really like the word "douchebaggery"xthumbsupx

I went to Panther Talk prior to the 2010 season and offered good wishes to State along with the suggestion that we could develop a good in-state rivalry with each other and maybe get some media attention over the coming years. I was blasted and basically informed that Ga Southern and Statesboro mean nothing in the state of Ga and that Ga State was in the same company as UGA and Ga Tech.

We're very proud of what we've accomplished since our humble beginnings as an Ag School in 1906 as this article in Georgia Trend outlines: http://www.georgiatrend.com/features-education/07_11_gsu.shtml

We weren't handed degree programs to serve the citizens of Atlanta so they could avoid the drive over to Athens, we've had to fight the UGA Regents through the State Assembly to get everything.

Until you folks came to an FCS community like AGS, you didn't know that outside of Atlanta, in our world, GSU is us. I'm still looking forward to a few years down the road when we play each other and I still think it will be good media attention for both schools.

Hammer22
August 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Reading these posts further shows that you all have the problem with us. We don't have the problem with you all because we don't care about you all.

FormerPokeCenter
August 4th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Reading these posts further shows that you all have the problem with us. We don't have the problem with you all because we don't care about you all.

Man, that's about as much not caring going on as I've ever seen, what with you hitting the respond button and typing a reply. I'd hate to see how much effort you put into about something you DO care about ;)

pike51
August 4th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Let's get back to something important... the weather I'm a dick or not topic. Now, I don't think I'm a dick. An asshole? Absolutely. But a dick? That's just downright mean. I come to Williamsburg bearing gifts and what do I get in return (besides really wasted at Paul's and NO BAR TAB??)... a general love/hate relationship with the entire W&M fan base. I even broke a "special tradition" they have. As we were walking over to will call to pick up our tickets, a few W&M fans offered us some beer... obviously, being from GSU, we immediately changed our direction and went to accept said free beer. It was Iron City beer and came with a stipulation. Every time a fan of the opposing team drank one, they lost. Being the GSU fan I am, I accepted said challenge and the rest is history. After the game those fans saw me and gave me the rest of the beer in the cooler because "I earned it". The curse of the free IC beer is over. From there, we went back to the W&M Touchdown Club tailgate we had been invited to and proceeded to party the night away with them (gracious hosts they were).

I share this rambling because I think State fans need to understand. One day one of them will "get it". They will finally understand the world of smack and trash talk and possibly even embrace it. Until then, they will call me "dick", "jerk", or whatever... do I care? Nope. Because I'm an Asshole. Why? because it's better than being half-***.

Oh... and Tribal my good buddy... GFY!! :)

Tuscon
August 5th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Let's get back to something important... the weather I'm a dick or not topic. Now, I don't think I'm a dick. An asshole? Absolutely. But a dick? That's just downright mean. I come to Williamsburg bearing gifts and what do I get in return (besides really wasted at Paul's and NO BAR TAB??)... a general love/hate relationship with the entire W&M fan base. I even broke a "special tradition" they have. As we were walking over to will call to pick up our tickets, a few W&M fans offered us some beer... obviously, being from GSU, we immediately changed our direction and went to accept said free beer. It was Iron City beer and came with a stipulation. Every time a fan of the opposing team drank one, they lost. Being the GSU fan I am, I accepted said challenge and the rest is history. After the game those fans saw me and gave me the rest of the beer in the cooler because "I earned it". The curse of the free IC beer is over. From there, we went back to the W&M Touchdown Club tailgate we had been invited to and proceeded to party the night away with them (gracious hosts they were).

I share this rambling because I think State fans need to understand. One day one of them will "get it". They will finally understand the world of smack and trash talk and possibly even embrace it. Until then, they will call me "dick", "jerk", or whatever... do I care? Nope. Because I'm an Asshole. Why? because it's better than being half-***.

Oh... and Tribal my good buddy... GFY!! :)

Well this wasn't a smack thread and you were being a dick.

pike51
August 5th, 2011, 08:43 AM

No... I was being an asshole. :)

FormerPokeCenter
August 5th, 2011, 09:01 AM

Egregious example of the pot calling the kettle black...

pike51
August 5th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Egregious example of the pot calling the kettle black...

Give him a break... smack forum or not, the entire internet is honestly designed for smack. Some people just can't take a little good natured ribbing. These are the same people who got their lunch money taken and swirlies in the toilet as kids. So far, Tuscon seems to be ok, no swirlie for him... yet. ;)

But, to comment on the topic... the lack of depth is the ONLY reason he is back early, and shame on State for allowing him back early.

Tuscon
August 5th, 2011, 12:52 PM
But, to comment on the topic... the lack of depth is the ONLY reason he is back early, and shame on State for allowing him back early.

Word is he was told he'd be let off early in the very beginning if he met certain goals, which he is apparently meeting. I think I'll be happy either way. I trust CBC to do the right thing.

cannonballgsu
August 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Word is he was told he'd be let off early in the very beginning if he met certain goals, which he is apparently meeting. I think I'll be happy either way. I trust CBC to do the right thing.

I think it would have been wise to delay the release of information regarding the reduction of Little's punishment. Coming out right after the dismissal of the other QB seems fishy.

Tribe4SF
August 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Different coaches handle these things in different ways. Public release that a player has been suspended is not required of a coach, and some don't release that information. Others go so far as to be fairly specific about the reasons for suspension. Most coaches issue a suspension, and tell the player exactly what is required of them to return to active status. If they do all that is required, they then are returned to the team at the end of the suspension. Can't say I've seen a coach handle one quite the way Curry has handled this. "Do what's expected and you may be able to come back early" seems like a wishy-washy approach, and he's exposed himself to second guessing about why the suspension gets reduced (if it does). A coach has got to be consistent in how he handles these things. If others who might be suspended have done all that's asked of them, he'll need to reduce those suspensions as well, or he'll have a problem with the team.

Tuscon
August 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
He did dismiss Olufemi Opanubi and then allow him back on the team. Maybe this IS the way Curry works and he is being consistent.

Tribe4SF
August 5th, 2011, 08:29 PM
He did dismiss Olufemi Opanubi and then allow him back on the team. Maybe this IS the way Curry works and he is being consistent.

That may be the case. As long as he's consistent with the team, he'll be ok.

ChooChoo
August 6th, 2011, 12:25 AM
A. Curry shouldn't have given a suspension game number to the public if there was a secret "good behavior" clause
B. The timing of this Little news was poorly planned
C. I believe IF the other QB's look good enough to handle the reins then Little will still serve his suspensions; which is shady IMO

I'm a die hard State grad and fan but fair is fair. I don't think Little should be let off early. I think with or without him the outcome of the first 4 games will be the same. Gotta stay consistent with ALL players while the program is in it's infancy.

That being said I'm still a Curry fan. I have faith he will do the right thing.

Tuscon
August 6th, 2011, 02:21 AM
That being said I'm still a Curry fan. I have faith he will do the right thing.

This is kind of my point. I trust that whatever decision is made, it's probably the right one. We don't even know what Little did. I think CBC wouldn't mess around with discipline and has shown it multiple times already. If he let's Little play, it's probably ok. If he doesn't, that's probably ok too.