PDA

View Full Version : let's have a moratorium on "hypothetical" post threads!

whoanellie
July 28th, 2011, 07:54 PM
xrotatehxxrotatehxxbowxxbowxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Bogus Megapardus
July 28th, 2011, 08:01 PM
You mean the Patsy Posters can't speculate about life in FCS with with actual scholarships and/or the hypothetical ability to go after the other 92% of high school players that everyone else gets to recruit? Or what would have happened if Holy Cross had joined the Big East? Or if Colgate had been the eighth Ivy instead of Cornell (as was supposed to happen?) We'd all have nothing else to do.

DFW HOYA
July 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
You mean the Patsy Posters can't speculate about life in FCS with with actual scholarships and/or the hypothetical ability to go after the other 92% of high school players that everyone else gets to recruit? Or what would have happened if Holy Cross had joined the Big East? Or if Colgate had been the eighth Ivy instead of Cornell (as was supposed to happen?) We'd all have nothing else to do.

We could talk about the PL moving its Media Day somewhere else in the conference, outside, say, a six mile radius from both Lehigh and Lafayette? Now that would be hypothetical. xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
July 28th, 2011, 08:19 PM
We could speculate what Georgetown could do with Lafayette's football budget . . . .

ValleyBoy
July 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM
We could speculate if Georgia State will every fill up the Doooooooommmmmmeeeeeee.

DFW HOYA
July 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM
We could speculate what Georgetown could do with Lafayette's football budget . . . .

But seriously, who attends PL Media Day outside Keith Groller, Michael LoRe, and a camera crew from Channel 69?

I-16Bandit
July 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
We could speculate if Georgia State just... disappeared. What a world that would be.

But wait! Would the word and definition of ignorance also disappear??? Crazzzzzzzzy.

Bogus Megapardus
July 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
But seriously, who attends PL Media Day outside Keith Groller, Michael LoRe, and a camera crew from Channel 69?

I think LFN shows up for the Happy Hour afterwards, too.

Seawolf97
July 28th, 2011, 08:44 PM
This moratorium would really kill alot of threads. No speculation -JUST THE FACTS -UGH .

molly
July 28th, 2011, 09:02 PM
No speculation -JUST THE FACTS -UGH .

No opinions either? Oh my! ;-)

panama
July 28th, 2011, 09:32 PM
We could speculate of world where Georgia Southern fans were secure in their own identity and happy and well adjusted folks with no needs to run around with a bullhorn screaming out their won-loss record and number of trophies won...

Naw, but what would they talk about in line at the meth lab. LOL

Bogus Megapardus
July 28th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Hypothetically, Georgia State is better than Harvard, IIRC.

GSU EAGLES
July 28th, 2011, 09:37 PM
We could speculate of world where Georgia Southern fans were secure in their own identity and happy and well adjusted folks with no needs to run around with a bullhorn screaming out their won-loss record and number of trophies won...

Since the Panthers are hopeless and can't beat the likes of Lambuth, I hope Curry at least spent a lot of time to teach the players how to do the Gatorade dunk which was nearly the first death by Gatorade dunk in Football history!

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gastate_0903_22_660532g.jpg

panama
July 28th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Since the Panthers are hopeless and can't beat the likes of Lambuth, I hope Curry at least spent a lot of time to teach the players how to do the Gatorade dunk which was nearly the first death by Gatorade dunk in Football history!

http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/gastate_0903_22_660532g.jpg
***Giggles***

That gets funnier every dozen times you trot it out. Seriously.

That's why we all love you guys

BigHouseClosedEnd
July 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Great poll by OP! xlolxxrotatehx

GSU EAGLES
July 28th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Just be glad that my ancestors fought for and created this great country that allowed people from all parts of the world to immigrate from countries like Panama to prosper in this great land. I am glad that you are enjoying this great country although South Georgia may not be your cup of tea. God bless America!

panama
July 28th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Just be glad that my ancestors fought for and created this great country that allowed people from all parts of the world to immigrate from countries like Panama to prosper in this great land. I am glad that you are enjoying this great country although South Georgia may not be your cup of tea. God bless America!
LMAO. My father is from Cordele, GA. Thanks for playing. LMAO

GSU EAGLES
July 28th, 2011, 10:00 PM
LMAO. My father is from Cordele, GA. Thanks for playing. LMAO

Lord I can't believe Panama just claimed Cordele. Definitely no more Statesboro jokes from you.

Oh if you liked the Gatorade dunking photo, then you will love the video. After seeing that video that may be why Curry declined an extension! Enjoy!

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2010/9/3/1668444/georgia-state-players-clearly-new

panama
July 28th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Lord I can't believe Panama just claimed Cordele. Definitely no more Statesboro jokes from you.

Oh if you liked the Gatorade dunking photo, then you will love the video. After seeing that video that may be why Curry declined an extension! Enjoy!

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/2010/9/3/1668444/georgia-state-players-clearly-new
My father and his family were smart enough to get the hell out 60 years ago.

As for Curry, God forbid anyone should be true to their word in 2011

Thanks For Your Interest in GSU Football!

Apphole
July 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
What if Western Carolina won a national cham....My, my hands....they won't let me type it. Damn, not even hypotheticals.

GSU EAGLES
July 28th, 2011, 10:07 PM
What if Western Carolina won a national cham....My, my hands....they won't let me type it. Damn, not even hypotheticals.

Western Carolina and national championship?

I tried to do a Western Carolina and a .500 SoCon record hypothetical and my hands would not let me do it.

panama
July 28th, 2011, 10:14 PM
What if they beat Georgia Tech?

Gringer1
July 28th, 2011, 10:49 PM
What if they beat Georgia Tech?

You must not know how bad the Can't Amounts are. They're bad. Really bad. Like lose to Lambuth bad ;)

Go...gate
July 28th, 2011, 10:53 PM

Nice to know that somebody else knows this.

Go...gate
July 28th, 2011, 10:54 PM
You mean we have to go back to the real world like the President and Congress are? ; )

TheValleyRaider
July 28th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Was it really Cornell? I heard somewhere that Penn was the last add rather than us

The heck with it, screw 'em. Cornell, that is. And the rest of them too, I guess

Bogus Megapardus
July 29th, 2011, 05:19 AM

Was it really Cornell? I heard somewhere that Penn was the last add rather than us

The heck with it, screw 'em. Cornell, that is. And the rest of them too, I guess

Rumor has it that it was actually just a typo, but I dunno . . . .

In truth I think Penn was at the forefront of what evolved into the Ivy because of the Penn Relays. UVa and Rutgers were part of that cadre early on as well. Rutgers sorta became a state school in the 50s, and UVa already was a state school. Cornell was an afterthought, I believe. Colgate didn't have much success at the Penn Relays and hadn't rowed at Henley or found success at the Head of the Charles. Cornell had fancy boathouses on the Hudson (at Marist College, in fact) for just that purpose.

Remember, it's all the company you keep . . . . Hypothetically, that is.

UD77
July 29th, 2011, 07:30 AM
We could think hypothetically about last years national championship where the refs don't blow the first down call!!! LOL

Now it is Eastern Washington turn.

Go...gate
July 29th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Rumor has it that it was actually just a typo, but I dunno . . . .

In truth I think Penn was at the forefront of what evolved into the Ivy because of the Penn Relays. UVa and Rutgers were part of that cadre early on as well. Rutgers sorta became a state school in the 50s, and UVa already was a state school. Cornell was an afterthought, I believe. Colgate didn't have much success at the Penn Relays and hadn't rowed at Henley or found success at the Head of the Charles. Cornell had fancy boathouses on the Hudson (at Marist College, in fact) for just that purpose.

Remember, it's all the company you keep . . . . Hypothetically, that is.

One factor was Colgate's long historical relationship with Brown (both were Baptist seminaries (Colgate had a divinity school for many years) with a lot of faculty, trustees and clergy who served at both places in the formative years of Colgate.

Go...gate
July 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM
We could think hypothetically about last years national championship where the refs don't blow the first down call!!! LOL

I'd love to think hypothetically about that 1977 Colgate-Delaware game. It beats thinking about what really happened. : (

I-16Bandit
July 29th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Hypothetically, Georgia Southern didn't just hand over the ball so many times in the playoffs last year..

Bogus Megapardus
July 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM

One factor was Colgate's long historical relationship with Brown (both were Baptist seminaries (Colgate had a divinity school fro many years) with a lot of faculty, trustees and clergy who served at both places in the formative years of Colgate.

True. Lafayette likewise has been tied to the hip with Penn and Princeton for aeons. Not just football - faculty, coaches, administrators, preferred graduate school admissions, etc. have always crossed liberally amongst them, and still do.

While we make fun of the "Ivy Lite" moniker in our Patsy Palaces, it's more than that, as many of us know first hand.